Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,860 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

Fresh Crisis In Senate As APC Senators Vow To Stop Ekweremadu From Presiding - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fresh Crisis In Senate As APC Senators Vow To Stop Ekweremadu From Presiding (31114 Views)

Smiling Aisha Alhassan At FEC Meeting With Buhari Presiding (Photos) / Photos Of Acting President Osinbajo Presiding Over The FEC Meeting Today / Forgery: Court Refuses To Stop Ekweremadu, Others’ Investigation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fresh Crisis In Senate As APC Senators Vow To Stop Ekweremadu From Presiding by MadCow1: 2:57pm On Nov 12, 2015
Lewismartins69:
apply wisdom in anything u say

I am MadCow..

What is Wisdom?
Re: Fresh Crisis In Senate As APC Senators Vow To Stop Ekweremadu From Presiding by MadCow1: 2:58pm On Nov 12, 2015
Godson32:
Lols! U re really a MAD COW with non curable disease.

There is no such thing as 'Non Curable', It's 'Incurable'..

And thanks for the compliments.
Re: Fresh Crisis In Senate As APC Senators Vow To Stop Ekweremadu From Presiding by Psalmist1: 2:59pm On Nov 12, 2015
Are they in that Senate to serve APC/PDP or were they elected to serve Nigerians?. Why can't these people behave honourable as expected. Just ashamed of their dispositions. GOD HELP US IN THIS COUNTRY
Re: Fresh Crisis In Senate As APC Senators Vow To Stop Ekweremadu From Presiding by Amiano(m): 3:01pm On Nov 12, 2015
[quote author=blackpanda post=39942072]

You answered your own irritating daft question! How can minority preside over majority Will pdp ever accept this?[/quote
Is it unconstitutional for minority to preside over majority? Whr were dey wen minority emerged as d DSP?
Re: Fresh Crisis In Senate As APC Senators Vow To Stop Ekweremadu From Presiding by journerman(m): 3:12pm On Nov 12, 2015
Somebody should tell these fools the meaning of deputy. It's either you remove him or sit your fat arses down when he's presiding
Re: Fresh Crisis In Senate As APC Senators Vow To Stop Ekweremadu From Presiding by MadCow1: 3:18pm On Nov 12, 2015
IbokUtoroh:

so u know dis yet una no gree make him go?
abi una be mumu ni.....

See this Mumu Akwa Ibom pikin dey think say ehn be Biafra.. grin

U be real BushFish.
Re: Fresh Crisis In Senate As APC Senators Vow To Stop Ekweremadu From Presiding by wink2015(m): 3:23pm On Nov 12, 2015
[size=20pt]Ekweremadu is in troube for the illegality he got himself involved in! He think he can steal authority through the back door and then enjoy peace to work![/size]
Re: Fresh Crisis In Senate As APC Senators Vow To Stop Ekweremadu From Presiding by TOOTSIEPOOPSIE(m): 3:28pm On Nov 12, 2015
ihatebuhari:
I don't blame APC senators, I blame the dullard president
I've never seen a female this hateful!...the more reason why you wouldn't get a husband and a life...ayanfiaw
Re: Fresh Crisis In Senate As APC Senators Vow To Stop Ekweremadu From Presiding by Godson32(m): 3:32pm On Nov 12, 2015
MadCow1:

There is no such thing as 'Non Curable', It's 'Incurable'..

And thanks for the compliments.
And thank u for the correction. Maybe mad cow is not mad afterall,or Is ur madness seasonal?
Re: Fresh Crisis In Senate As APC Senators Vow To Stop Ekweremadu From Presiding by ihatebuhari(f): 3:33pm On Nov 12, 2015
TOOTSIEPOOPSIE:
I've never seen a female this hateful!...the more reason why you wouldn't get a husband and a life...ayanfiaw
lol broke ass nigga
Re: Fresh Crisis In Senate As APC Senators Vow To Stop Ekweremadu From Presiding by MadCow1: 3:43pm On Nov 12, 2015
Godson32:
And thank u for the correction. Maybe mad cow is not mad anyway or ur madness is seasonal.

My Insanity is a Gift not a Curse.
Re: Fresh Crisis In Senate As APC Senators Vow To Stop Ekweremadu From Presiding by Nobody: 4:07pm On Nov 12, 2015
MadCow1:
MUTINY MUTHAFUKERS!!!! angry

Ekweremadu is a Biafran not a Nigerian.. angry

He should go and preside over the Biafran Senate in Upper Iweka.. angry

E pain u sha...
Re: Fresh Crisis In Senate As APC Senators Vow To Stop Ekweremadu From Presiding by IbokUtoroh(m): 4:10pm On Nov 12, 2015
MadCow1:

See this Mumu Akwa Ibom pikin dey think say ehn be Biafra.. grin

U be real BushFish.

madcow u r maddercow
Re: Fresh Crisis In Senate As APC Senators Vow To Stop Ekweremadu From Presiding by Dejitosa(m): 4:12pm On Nov 12, 2015
[quote author=benedictnsi post=39934403][font=Georgia] Is that the change they are preaching

Must the APC superstars frustrate PDP rivals to the core I wonder oooo
Re: Fresh Crisis In Senate As APC Senators Vow To Stop Ekweremadu From Presiding by BABAKABIRU301(f): 4:12pm On Nov 12, 2015
IF IT'S DSS THAT WILL PRESIDE FOR THEM ,THEY CAN WALKED OUT JUST LIKE THAT?. WON KO TO BE.
Re: Fresh Crisis In Senate As APC Senators Vow To Stop Ekweremadu From Presiding by Godson32(m): 4:17pm On Nov 12, 2015
MadCow1:

My Insanity is a Gift not a Curse.
If u say so,no wahala.
Re: Fresh Crisis In Senate As APC Senators Vow To Stop Ekweremadu From Presiding by kossyablaze(m): 4:30pm On Nov 12, 2015
MadCow1:

lol so u can be this brainless?I dey evn see u b4 as person wey sabi.No knw say u be olodo
Re: Fresh Crisis In Senate As APC Senators Vow To Stop Ekweremadu From Presiding by MadCow1: 4:32pm On Nov 12, 2015
kossyablaze:
lol so u can be this brainless?I dey evn see u b4 as person wey sabi.No knw say u be olodo

Jehova?!

Why you dey insult me na?

angry
Re: Fresh Crisis In Senate As APC Senators Vow To Stop Ekweremadu From Presiding by mikolo80: 4:41pm On Nov 12, 2015
benedictnsi:
Is that the change they are preaching

Must the APC superstars frustrate PDP rivals to the core
yes Abi you think politics is for the faint of heart
Re: Fresh Crisis In Senate As APC Senators Vow To Stop Ekweremadu From Presiding by kossyablaze(m): 4:56pm On Nov 12, 2015
MadCow1:

Jehova?!

Why you dey insult me na?

angry

Dah ur comment was senseless...datz y!I didn't expect dah from a person of ur caliber
Re: Fresh Crisis In Senate As APC Senators Vow To Stop Ekweremadu From Presiding by ohenhen1: 4:59pm On Nov 12, 2015
Ekweremadu is selfish. His position as Deputy Senate president is actually harming the Senate. He should step aside. A deal can be made to make a SS APC senator as the Deputy senate president.
Re: Fresh Crisis In Senate As APC Senators Vow To Stop Ekweremadu From Presiding by MadCow1: 5:15pm On Nov 12, 2015
kossyablaze:
Dah ur comment was senseless...datz y!I didn't expect dah from a person of ur caliber

Sorry Dude!

You know say crase dey get off period sometimes.
Re: Fresh Crisis In Senate As APC Senators Vow To Stop Ekweremadu From Presiding by adconline(m): 5:24pm On Nov 12, 2015
Pls some adult should tell these petulant politrickians that elections were 8months ago, time for action is now!!
Re: Fresh Crisis In Senate As APC Senators Vow To Stop Ekweremadu From Presiding by kossyablaze(m): 6:21pm On Nov 12, 2015
MadCow1:

Sorry Dude!
You know say crase dey get off period sometimes.
lol u d boss!
Re: Fresh Crisis In Senate As APC Senators Vow To Stop Ekweremadu From Presiding by IYANGBALI: 6:47pm On Nov 12, 2015
i do not know why,i love and i enjoy it when things go gaga grin grin grin .I know that a fool will come out to quote me negatively,waiting to see who the big fool will be.
Re: Fresh Crisis In Senate As APC Senators Vow To Stop Ekweremadu From Presiding by Kkjam(m): 7:42pm On Nov 12, 2015
MadCow1:

Hope, you will not die the very day u will hear that Biafra is now a nation?
Re: Fresh Crisis In Senate As APC Senators Vow To Stop Ekweremadu From Presiding by Emyogalanya: 7:43pm On Nov 12, 2015
benedictnsi:
Is that the change they are preaching

Must the APC superstars frustrate PDP rivals to the core
and if i shout sai biafra now the 95% gloaters will start ranting and calling me names
Re: Fresh Crisis In Senate As APC Senators Vow To Stop Ekweremadu From Presiding by OversightTM(m): 9:13pm On Nov 12, 2015
GoodGovernance:
That's the tragedy APC would have to learn to live with,courtesy of Saraki's self centered ambition to become Senate president at all cost,ignoring his party's well articulated guidelines and democratically derived decision.

It has never happened anywhere in the world for a minority party member to preside over members of a majority party in the senate!!!!It's a very awkward scenario.

An opposition party can have majority members in the senate(like in the USA,etc) and therefore presides over the senate,but this is not the case here:

A minority party presiding over the majority party in the senate,oh my GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saraki, see yourself now?

So guy, who should preside when Saraki is indisposed?
Re: Fresh Crisis In Senate As APC Senators Vow To Stop Ekweremadu From Presiding by ngoziama: 2:42am On Nov 13, 2015
erunz:
Some All Progressives Congress (APC) senators yesterday staged a walkout from the chamber in protest of the ascension of Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, to the platform to preside over the plenary in the absence of Senate President, Bukola Saraki.

Saraki had gone to the Presidential Villa to attend the swearing in of new ministers by President Muhammadu Buhari and consequently asked Ekweremadu to preside over the plenary.

However, the arrival of Ekweremadu into the chamber to preside over the session, irritated some APC senators who said they would not sit and watch a member of the minority Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) preside over the APC majority-controlled chamber.

They accused Saraki of handing over the Senate to Ekweremadu who preside over the plenary for the first time since June 9 when himself and Saraki were elected as the presiding officers of the Senate.

The aggrieved senators who walked out of the chamber vowed not to attend any plenary session presided over by Ekweremadu. The development quickly got to
Saraki in the Villa and consequently, he hastened down to take over from Ekweremadu, a situation that never occurred when Ekweremadu was Senator David Mark’s deputy.

In the days of Mark as senate president, he never returned to the chamber to take over from Ekweremadu even when he returned to the Senate before the end of plenary. Instead, Mark would go straight to his office to enable Ekweremadu preside all through. But Saraki was compelled to return to the chamber to take over the plenary to avoid brewing crisis.

APC senators who walked out on Wednesday included the Chief Whip, Senators Sola Adeyeye, Abu Ibrahim, Oluremi Tinubu, Suleiman Kunkuyi, among others. Notwithstanding, the plenary continued as many other APC senators, including the Senate Leader, Ali Ndume, his deputy, Bala Ibn Na’Allah; Kabiru Gaya , Binta Masi Garba, Shehu Sani among others remained in the chamber while Ekweremadu presided.

After the plenary, Hunkuyi (Kaduna North), issued a statement, vowing that APC senators would reject any further attempt to allow a member of the minority party preside over their sittings.

The statement read: “In equal stance, we notice with grave sadness, the handover of the hallowed chamber of the Senate today (yesterday) to the opposition party, the PDP, by the Senate President to Ike Ekweremadu as the PDP helmsman to preside over the majority membership of the APC-led chamber.

“It is a very sad development that must be denounced by all well meaning APC members and leaders alike. With this, to show our protest as APC senators of the eight Senate, we wish to announce that we shall seize (sic) to attend any seating (sic) presided over by the PDP in an APC majority chamber of the eight Senate.”
Another APC senator who did not want to be named, told journalists that his colleagues would resist the next attempt by Ekweremadu to preside over the plenary by massively boycotting the session.

The bad blood generated by the development prompted Saraki to call the senators into a closed-door session after the plenary. The session lasted for one and half hour.

However, the Senate in an official reaction to the development last night, dismissed the allegation of conspiracy to hand over the Senate to PDP.

A statement by Senate’s spokesman, Aliyu Sabi Abdullahi, described the alleged conspiracy as nothing but the figment of imagination of those who made the claim.
He urged Nigerians to disregard the allegation, saying the Senate remained committed “to providing robust legislative actions to support the change agenda of the President Muhammadu Buhari government, adding: the “Bi-partisan stand of the Senate has not and will not be an impediment.”

But a PDP senator, Sam Anyanwu (Imo East), dismissed the action of APC senators as a mere waste of time, saying there is nothing the APC senators can do to stop Ekweremadu from presiding whenever Saraki is not around.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/fresh-crisis-in-senate-as-apc-senators-vow-to-stop-ekweremadu-from-presiding/225396/?utm_medium=twitter

Apc is a party of hate ,wickedness.apc members are ethnic bigots with unforgiving spirit.apc much awaited ministers are all corrupt. Buhari take a cue from leaders like kenyatta who is vibrant and is seen carrying everyone along.apc comprises men and women with evil minds.apc has been fighting dirty without considering the masses whose time they waste.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos! Update On Minna-suleja Road / Don’t Be Deceived By Peter Obi’s Popularity On Social Media – Pastor Giwa / Scores Injured As APC, PDP Thugs Clash In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.