Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,355 members, 7,780,954 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:20 AM

World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off (85539 Views)

First Successful Head Transplant Carried Out On A Corpse In China / Omg!! Man’s Head Cut Off In World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation / Man’s Head Cut Off In World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by Nobody: 11:59am On Nov 12, 2015
tolustx:
Wait...

...For real

lol , for real my guy
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by Oxytocin(m): 12:00pm On Nov 12, 2015
Damn! shocked I find this hard to believe.. A video would clarify that
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by Nobody: 12:00pm On Nov 12, 2015
seankay:
*World’s First Head Transplant A Success after Nineteen Hour Operation
A 36-year-old man has undergone the world’s first successful head transplant. The ground-breaking operation took a team of surgeons 19 hours to complete and has allowed the patient to be cancer-free.

Paul Horner, who was diagnosed with bone cancer five years ago, was on the verge of death when he was approved for the controversial and possibly deadly operation.

Doctor Tom Downey, who was part of the South African team who carried out the operation, told CNN he is thrilled about the results. “It’s a massive breakthrough. We’ve proved that it can be done – we can give someone a brand new body that is just as good, or better, than their previous one.

The success of this operation leads to infinite possibilities.”

Surgeons at Charlotte Maxexe Johannesburg Academic Hospital in SA did the operation in February but had to wait until they could confirm it was successful before they made any public statement.

Downey spoke to reporters on the complexity behind the first ever head transplant. “This procedure is another excellent example of how medical research, technical know-how and patient-centered care can be combined in the quest to relieve human suffering.”

The operation was led by Professor Myron Danus and took place on February 10, 2015.

“Our goal is for Horner to be fully functional in two years and so far we are very pleased by his rapid recovery,” said prof. Danus. “Before the operation, Horner’s body was riddled with cancer and he had less than a month to live. We were fortunate enough to find a donor body; a 21-year-old man who has been brain dead from a serious car accident that happened in 2012. The boys body worked just fine, but his brain was not functioning whatsoever, and there was absolutely no chance of recovery.

He added: “We received approval from the young man’s parents to use their sons body to do the operation. They were extremely happy their son could save a life even in the vegetated state that he was in.”

The man, Horner, has made 85% recovery; walking, talking, doing things a healthy individual does…

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/11/mans-head-cut-off-in-worlds-first-successful-head-transplant/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_sCUM0PfOk

meanwhile, Naija own na to carry the head go meet baba alawo
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by BuddhaPalm(m): 12:01pm On Nov 12, 2015
JESU!

So very soon they might start stealing people's heads.
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by Btruth: 12:02pm On Nov 12, 2015
It think it's a HOAX. Only the spinal cord bones connected to the head will sell them out. There are things that truly needs the approval of the creator to pass through. My take though.

1 Like

Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by Nobody: 12:02pm On Nov 12, 2015
i'm so flabberwhelmed and overgasted... shockedshockedshockedshockedshocked
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by naijaboiy: 12:02pm On Nov 12, 2015
[size=30pt]FUÇK! shocked[/size]
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by Idrismusty97(m): 12:03pm On Nov 12, 2015
SIRTee15:
this news is fake,
nothing like that happened.
The website that published the hoax is known for such.
The closest we are to a human head transplant is 2017.
I remember watching something like this on Aljazeera about 2 years ago. I recognized the doctor face. The plan to transplant head is real!
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by preciousMI1(f): 12:03pm On Nov 12, 2015
jesoooo....
How did they do that shit....
Una too do sha... I've seen the height of MEDICAL SCIENCE..
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by Nobody: 12:04pm On Nov 12, 2015
sinkhole:
It is the head that realy matters. The brain clock will still register 90yrs and the body will still die when its suppose to die! The material body could be moved but the consciousness in the material body may not be moved.
My own problem is the confussion that will arise; you see the person you know well but he completely has the mind of another person!

No be that one sef be my problem , what I'd like to know is will his deek be functional ? and if so , he happens to fvck his wife , will the children thereof be regarded as his own ( putting into consideration that the children won't carry any genetic material from him ).

1 Like

Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by khalifjgusau(m): 12:05pm On Nov 12, 2015
Its is exact what found recently in Katsina state...
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by Cutehector(m): 12:05pm On Nov 12, 2015
Lmao. God is not deceived... Death is sure for evryone...
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by Lilimax(f): 12:07pm On Nov 12, 2015
Heyi! shocked
No comment embarassed
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by udysweet(f): 12:07pm On Nov 12, 2015
JingoOAU:
Are you kidding me....you mean dem do copy and paste
Hahahaha @copy and paste!na real copy and paste o
But wait a min,dis oyinbos dikwa serios,lol! I would love to see hw d man lives,a kind of documentary on him wld help
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by Lilimax(f): 12:07pm On Nov 12, 2015
Cutehector:
Lmao. God is not deceived... Death is sure for evryone...
True!
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by missKiffy(f): 12:08pm On Nov 12, 2015
This incredible
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by Themonster: 12:09pm On Nov 12, 2015
Beremx:
Bekee bu agbara!!

May God help us!

i need a hot bangg
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by Etizz: 12:10pm On Nov 12, 2015
Are u kidding me? WTF
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by lmm4real: 12:11pm On Nov 12, 2015
seankay:
White people are demi gods lipsrsealed

Bross read am well no be white people do am
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by Nobody: 12:11pm On Nov 12, 2015
Idrismusty97:
No, That's like a 90 year old head on a 20 year old body.
yeah plus the 20years opd boys life force(span) that would last for another 70years.
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by olempe(m): 12:12pm On Nov 12, 2015
End time
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by Nobody: 12:13pm On Nov 12, 2015
kaptinphilz:
Taking life to save a life isn't an option.
God job anyway there is no limit to what humans can achieve
if I hv money stolen like Obasanjo or Abacha or Gej, and old age is near and I hv this kind of option I won't waste time o.
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by Nobody: 12:14pm On Nov 12, 2015
It would otherwise mean a treatment for spinal cord injuries , just get a new body ( which would come with a new spine )
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by Bimpe29: 12:14pm On Nov 12, 2015
Allahu Akbar!
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by Nobody: 12:15pm On Nov 12, 2015
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by Nobody: 12:15pm On Nov 12, 2015
for donor bodies instead of looking for sick people, look for condemned criminals, instead of taking them to the firing squad let there strong bodies be used to serve a higher purpose like preserving the life of a relevant person.

4 Likes

Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by Ozize(m): 12:16pm On Nov 12, 2015
seankay:
White people are demi gods lipsrsealed
no, dey re human beings just like u nd me. Difference is they dont sit around waiting for god to solve their problems, they act and act fast.

1 Like

Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by mikkypel(m): 12:16pm On Nov 12, 2015
sinkhole:
If they cut PMB's head and put it on GEJ's body, what do you think will happen? So so confusion, people will see PMB's head but the body will look like that of GEJ and the whole amalgamation will still be saying "I am for nobody . . ." grin

You are getting it wrong here.. How do you know this is this person without the head.. It is the head that gives us a description of a person.. Have you not watched film where they would be searching for a culprit.. Then they see someone who looks just like him or her but from the back. It is when they look at the persons face, they would know they got the wrong person... The head is the identity
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by Ozize(m): 12:17pm On Nov 12, 2015
olempe:
End time
sorry.
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by oglalasioux(m): 12:17pm On Nov 12, 2015
This is just the beginning. In another hundred years, man would have found the solution to death.

1 Like

Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by Nobody: 12:19pm On Nov 12, 2015
MoltenMagma:
Lalaslala, this news is false

http://www.elitereaders.com/worlds-first-successful-head-transplant/
lol... allow us dream once in a while grin.
Re: World’s First Successful Head Transplant Operation: Man’s Head Cut Off by seankay(m): 12:21pm On Nov 12, 2015
theshield:

meanwhile, Naija own na to carry the head go meet baba alawo
grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Gombe COVID-19 Patients Protest Over Inadequate Medical Attention, Block Highway / COVID-19: Buring Bodies Of Victims From Around The World (Photos) / Kenyan Man With Biggest Manhood Undergoes Surgery (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.