Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,511 members, 7,808,868 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:20 PM

Can You Quit You Job Because It Doesn't Allow You Time With Your Man? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can You Quit You Job Because It Doesn't Allow You Time With Your Man? (21628 Views)

Lady Quits Job Because Her Boss Calls Her "Sweetie" / I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful / I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Quit You Job Because It Doesn't Allow You Time With Your Man? by cutestcee: 5:09pm On Nov 12, 2015
Yes, a married woman should consider that if the job affects her home negatively. She can get into something that will give her more time for her home. Especially if the husband is earning well.

Feminism doesn't mean men should run the home, it simply encourages the society to respect women more

6 Likes

Re: Can You Quit You Job Because It Doesn't Allow You Time With Your Man? by malachytochukwu(m): 5:09pm On Nov 12, 2015
Yes and no depending on situations.... Meanwhile over to the ladies
Re: Can You Quit You Job Because It Doesn't Allow You Time With Your Man? by sylve11: 5:12pm On Nov 12, 2015
@ op, let me give u tony 1week lyrics on situation like this
lets go
when trouble come ur way, everybody run away when money come ur way, everybody busybody when yawa come for u, everybody ben-johnson them go deny them nor know u again.
nor try am, cos no man knows tomorrow; that love can begat hatred. cool

1 Like

Re: Can You Quit You Job Because It Doesn't Allow You Time With Your Man? by Koolking(m): 5:12pm On Nov 12, 2015
It is also safe to quit the relationship if you feel your partner has much time and is choking you in the relationship.

All things are best enjoyed at moderate rate
Re: Can You Quit You Job Because It Doesn't Allow You Time With Your Man? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Nov 12, 2015
olafunny:
This question is particularly directed to married couples. As a lady, can you quit your job cuz of your man whether or not he asks you to?

And for men; can you force your wife to quit her job cuz she doesn't really have enough time to be with you probably at night?

And for those of us who are yet to marry, we can state our own view and learn from the married.
nayy! In this economy we are!

Anybody who try this stuff is as FOOLISH as an...............

That's a big risk unless one has a higher income and he open a business for his wife. That will be OK.

As for the ladies side! Hmmmmmmmmmm! Honestly won't be a wise move. There is a different ways to spend time with your husband, you just have to find it or create a time,

Sometimes! You have to storm his office to check on him.

4 Likes

Re: Can You Quit You Job Because It Doesn't Allow You Time With Your Man? by kuntash: 5:14pm On Nov 12, 2015
All these people wey dey attempt to make FTC on front page.

If u realize u weren't the first to comment after all , why not edit your posts accordingly?
Re: Can You Quit You Job Because It Doesn't Allow You Time With Your Man? by onstelly(f): 5:15pm On Nov 12, 2015
VickyRotex:

He said the question is for married peeps na undecided
Hmmm ok
But why quit hubby will understand cry
Re: Can You Quit You Job Because It Doesn't Allow You Time With Your Man? by VickyRotex(f): 5:16pm On Nov 12, 2015
pansophist:
it depends. Personally, I wont do that though. Its like giving your power away.

So maybe if we fought in two months time, I will become jobless, loveless, and homeless abi?

Relationship is interesting, more matured and respectable when both partners are earners, independent and cant take care of themselves

Gbam!!! cool

Edit the word "Can't" though

1 Like

Re: Can You Quit You Job Because It Doesn't Allow You Time With Your Man? by 4C2215131: 5:16pm On Nov 12, 2015
olafunny:
This question is particularly directed to married couples. As a lady, can you quit your job cuz of your man whether or not he asks you to?

And for men; can you force your wife to quit her job cuz she doesn't really have enough time to be with you probably at night?

And for those of us who are yet to marry, we can state our own view and learn from the married.

The 'at night' stuff is not even needed for a proper decision to be made. Companionship far transcends the 'at night' scenario.
Re: Can You Quit You Job Because It Doesn't Allow You Time With Your Man? by VickyRotex(f): 5:18pm On Nov 12, 2015
onstelly:

Hmmm ok
But why quit hubby will understand cry

Don't mind Op. embarassed
Re: Can You Quit You Job Because It Doesn't Allow You Time With Your Man? by olafunny(m): 5:18pm On Nov 12, 2015
4C2215131:

The 'at night' stuff is not even needed for a proper decision to be made. Companionship far transcends the 'at night' scenario.
honestly, i gat ur point
Re: Can You Quit You Job Because It Doesn't Allow You Time With Your Man? by 4C2215131: 5:18pm On Nov 12, 2015
activefibre1:
wey country don hard na him u wan quit job to spend time with man...u think sey na obodo oyinbo u dey.

You might have to be a bit flexible here like some other poster on this thread as the time will come when you will discover you've been living with a stranger.

Then it'd be too late for any sort of bonding.
Re: Can You Quit You Job Because It Doesn't Allow You Time With Your Man? by MadCow1: 5:18pm On Nov 12, 2015
I will quit you if you quit your job to spend time with me. angry

7 Likes

Re: Can You Quit You Job Because It Doesn't Allow You Time With Your Man? by olafunny(m): 5:19pm On Nov 12, 2015
VickyRotex:

Don't mind Op. embarassed
mind me ooo
Re: Can You Quit You Job Because It Doesn't Allow You Time With Your Man? by Lilimax(f): 5:20pm On Nov 12, 2015
If my job is affecting my home negatively, I may consider the option of living the job and must be with the consent of my hubby.

I was in that dilemma sometime ago; living in Ikeja and working at Apapa, very suicidal undecided.
It was really affecting my home front and the next option for me was to leave the job. I kept on praying to God for direction although my hubby was telling to hold on for a while.
Guess what, something now happened in our Apapa branch and some people were sacked. cry
I was among the few that were transferred to Ikeja our head office, more like everything working out for my good. smiley

In a nut shell, you shouldn't live that job except you have divine direction and something to fall back on...

4 Likes

Re: Can You Quit You Job Because It Doesn't Allow You Time With Your Man? by Mostprecious(f): 5:20pm On Nov 12, 2015
If ma hubby is doin well with biz or if he earns enough to sustain I nd ma kids den yea, I'll quit... I wud lv to spend much tym wii ma kids evn nt jst ma hubby. Ma family first befor money

3 Likes

Re: Can You Quit You Job Because It Doesn't Allow You Time With Your Man? by olafunny(m): 5:20pm On Nov 12, 2015
MadCow1:
now, dis is complicated!
Re: Can You Quit You Job Because It Doesn't Allow You Time With Your Man? by bukatyne(f): 5:22pm On Nov 12, 2015
MadCow1:

You ehn cheesy grin

Is a traditional woman not your taste tongue
Re: Can You Quit You Job Because It Doesn't Allow You Time With Your Man? by activefibre1(m): 5:23pm On Nov 12, 2015
4C2215131:

You might have to be a bit flexible here like some other poster on this thread as the time will come when you will discover you've been living with a stranger.

Then it'd be too late for any sort of bonding.
na nigeria be dis, we no dey divorce, as country dey hard we dey bond. E go easy of all of us amen.

1 Like

Re: Can You Quit You Job Because It Doesn't Allow You Time With Your Man? by ajepako(f): 5:24pm On Nov 12, 2015
A very good job with comfortable 6 figures?

I dey craze??

When dem no swear for me..

Op, I don tell you to stop taking sapele weed and shepey in the afternoon

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Can You Quit You Job Because It Doesn't Allow You Time With Your Man? by 4C2215131: 5:25pm On Nov 12, 2015
lekjons:
Try to know ur gf/fiancee well before you get married..

Any man who marries a graduate/economist shouldn't be expecting that..

Why? There are numerous female graduates successfully balancing work and family. Even doctors as busy as they are. I know seeevvveeeraaalll.

I even have my regular evening meal every now and then ( paradox, I know) in one of my female colleagues home. She's a married Doctor and a hard working one too. We've even had this discussion during one of my meal-times ( cooked by her BTW).

It's all about priorities and values that you hold dear to you. Her husband is pampered to high heavens by her and please she's not all this lazy-never-working doctors as she doesn't joke with her calling.

1 Like

Re: Can You Quit You Job Because It Doesn't Allow You Time With Your Man? by activefibre1(m): 5:25pm On Nov 12, 2015
Mostprecious:
If ma hubby is doin well with biz or if he earns enough to sustain I nd ma kids den yea, I'll quit... I wud lv to spend much tym wii ma kids evn nt jst ma hubby. Ma family first befor money
u use style lazy small....u knw how much be school fees, abi na food, or rent. No go follow your man go work.
Re: Can You Quit You Job Because It Doesn't Allow You Time With Your Man? by noblegrex: 5:26pm On Nov 12, 2015
What kind of job can you be doing late at night.are you a nurse.well,if there's understanding,anything can work out besides you can still be looking for another while there.you can't just quit.in this present situation in Nija.
Re: Can You Quit You Job Because It Doesn't Allow You Time With Your Man? by 4C2215131: 5:27pm On Nov 12, 2015
activefibre1:

na nigeria be dis, we no dey divorce, as country dey hard we dey bond. E go easy of all of us amen.

Hahahaha...hehehehe...
Re: Can You Quit You Job Because It Doesn't Allow You Time With Your Man? by Friday18: 5:29pm On Nov 12, 2015
Why should couple quit job all because they want to be with each other. What happen to weekends, vacation, and making plans on how to create time for each other. The day Landlord / Landlady knocks on the door either of them should explain to the landlord that they've been spending time together.
Re: Can You Quit You Job Because It Doesn't Allow You Time With Your Man? by 4C2215131: 5:30pm On Nov 12, 2015
olafunny:
honestly, i gat ur point

Glad you did. The day women stop seeing sex as a reward mechanism and men stop thinking with their dicks a lot of the problems between both sexes will be put to rest.

It is just a part of a whole. Folks tend to make it 'the whole' hence the wahala.

1 Like

Re: Can You Quit You Job Because It Doesn't Allow You Time With Your Man? by magneto(m): 5:30pm On Nov 12, 2015
There's no need to quit. Just make d most of d weekends! Visit me I visit u tinz wink
Re: Can You Quit You Job Because It Doesn't Allow You Time With Your Man? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Nov 12, 2015
LesbianBoy:

LOOSE GIRL! angry
LesbianBoy tongue
Re: Can You Quit You Job Because It Doesn't Allow You Time With Your Man? by 4C2215131: 5:33pm On Nov 12, 2015
Mostprecious:

Here speaks a wise woman that buildeth her home.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Quit You Job Because It Doesn't Allow You Time With Your Man? by bringbackourGEJ: 5:33pm On Nov 12, 2015
Question for ladies
Re: Can You Quit You Job Because It Doesn't Allow You Time With Your Man? by Comfyski(f): 5:35pm On Nov 12, 2015
Quit because there's no time with the hubby to be...Yes I will but to get another that keeps me financially stable with more time for him..Not being idle completely..Never be an idle house help/ house wife..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Before My Boss Sacks Me, Should I Resign? / Maritime Workers Threaten Strike Over Arrest Of 20 Dockworkers In Rivers / My Supervisor Uses Juju On Our Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.