Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,135 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:52 AM

How I Got Belittled By My Boss... - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How I Got Belittled By My Boss... (31551 Views)

My Boss' Relationship With A Co-Worker Is Affecting Our Productivity / I Am Finished! I Must Avenge My Boss / I Got This For Asking My Boss My February Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Got Belittled By My Boss... by Software202(m): 6:25pm On Nov 12, 2015
owk
Re: How I Got Belittled By My Boss... by Nobody: 6:25pm On Nov 12, 2015
PresVA:

ITK.. You know more than the owner of the company. . What a sweet reply from your boss... cool grin grin

You didn't like the humiliation he gave you but you were fast in pointing out his 'mistakes' in front of everyone rudely. .

He saw your design already but decided to do what he thought was best for his company, so what's your prob? Abi must he follow your drawing? undecided

You already did your job, you should hv allowed him to do his!
where did you read mistake in the post? How can he learn? The boss ought to explain to him why it is that way, that's why he is the Boss. When you work in a challenging firm, there is opportunity to learn and grow.
Re: How I Got Belittled By My Boss... by MissIndependent(f): 6:25pm On Nov 12, 2015
bxcode:
Op, thats the world we live in and funny people are saying you are doing i too know undecided undecided
What the chap did was to spot a mistake simple, except if you went about it in an arrogant manner.
Don't mind the silly mofos and if @ssPeter didn't say anything during the meeting, the same boss will say he lack idea or don't have anything to say, he is not intelligent etc peeps writing rubbish on Nairaland! undecided angry

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Belittled By My Boss... by hahn(m): 6:26pm On Nov 12, 2015
SSpeter:
Then I compared his proposed design with mine and I quickly pointed out to him that he has used up much space for circulation moreover our cubicle spatial analysis is till the same.

Laws of power

Rule number one: Never outshine the master.

You are paid to carry out instructions and NOT give it. You are lucky he didn't sack you
Re: How I Got Belittled By My Boss... by Nobody: 6:26pm On Nov 12, 2015
gsalvatore:
Peter you are a retard.

You should be ashamed of washing your stupid garment on Nairaland.

If you are brilliant and smart, How come you are working for him?

You are even supposed to DATA MINE your boss's brain while you work for him..BUT YOU ARE VERY ARROGANT.

Lastly, You failed the first RULE....The RULE N0 1.

THOU SHALL NOT OUTSHINE THY MASTER.

How old are you again?
where is the arrogance mediocre?
Re: How I Got Belittled By My Boss... by Christmasdon(m): 6:26pm On Nov 12, 2015
Op i know your type back then in the secondary school class room!
Re: How I Got Belittled By My Boss... by Nobody: 6:26pm On Nov 12, 2015
SSpeter:
I felt breaking my boss head after he made some derogatory comments that got me angry and belittled.....

Yesterday a colleague and I went to take measurements of a bank for renovation works in one of the tertiary institution in ogun state. My colleague been the senior was given the full details and equipment needed. When we got to ogun state, he gave me the equipment (tape and camera) and asked me if I could do it that he has a babe in the school. I said yes and he gave me extra 3k I guess that was to shut me up.

After taking the measurement of the floor area in the banking hall and other adjoining spaces, I took pictures of the tiles and ceilings just to show my boss that they were in a very poor state. When I got back home I used my computer to scale the measurements and then redesigned the banking hall.

The main aim of the renovation was to increase the number of cubicles in the banking hall from 3 to 7. Today when I got to the office, I gave my boss the report and showed the the proposed design I made, he said "Great". During critic session I was surprised that the initial drawing was brought out and he was redoing the design. Well I no talk, I watched until he was done instructing the architect. Then I compared his proposed design with mine and I quickly pointed out to him that he has used up much space for circulation moreover our cubicle spatial analysis is till the same.

He called me Peter!!! ....what year were you born I told him, he said that was the year I started this company. If you have things in your head keep it. When you establish your firm, use it. Na so everybody dey look me like say I shit for body. See me wey for just keep quite....If it were to be somewhere else, Na orijin bottle I for arrange untop him head...............that is why I keep praying for a multinational firm....abeg make I quickly go check my shell application status....
i keep on saying this, keep your ideal to yourself if you are working on another's man company!

No body want and like you to surpass them, we are in a greedy society.

Why not channel your prayer to work on your own company instead of multinational firm, undecided

That's how we are been belittle by ourself
Re: How I Got Belittled By My Boss... by Nimblemind(m): 6:26pm On Nov 12, 2015
Op , imagine if your boss has a nairaland account! I swear you go need check other employment status.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Belittled By My Boss... by macminista(m): 6:27pm On Nov 12, 2015
SSpeter:
I felt breaking my boss head after he made some derogatory comments that got me angry and belittled.....

Yesterday a colleague and I went to take measurements of a bank for renovation works in one of the tertiary institution in ogun state. My colleague been the senior was given the full details and equipment needed. When we got to ogun state, he gave me the equipment (tape and camera) and asked me if I could do it that he has a babe in the school. I said yes and he gave me extra 3k I guess that was to shut me up.

After taking the measurement of the floor area in the banking hall and other adjoining spaces, I took pictures of the tiles and ceilings just to show my boss that they were in a very poor state. When I got back home I used my computer to scale the measurements and then redesigned the banking hall.

The main aim of the renovation was to increase the number of cubicles in the banking hall from 3 to 7. Today when I got to the office, I gave my boss the report and showed the the proposed design I made, he said "Great". During critic session I was surprised that the initial drawing was brought out and he was redoing the design. Well I no talk, I watched until he was done instructing the architect. Then I compared his proposed design with mine and I quickly pointed out to him that he has used up much space for circulation moreover our cubicle spatial analysis is till the same.

He called me Peter!!! ....what year were you born I told him, he said that was the year I started this company. If you have things in your head keep it. When you establish your firm, use it. Na so everybody dey look me like say I shit for body. See me wey for just keep quite....If it were to be somewhere else, Na orijin bottle I for arrange untop him head...............that is why I keep praying for a multinational firm....abeg make I quickly go check my shell application status....
48 laws of power,NEVER OUTSHINE YOUR BOSS..uI should have given credit to him..u lucky he didn't fire u angry grin grin
Re: How I Got Belittled By My Boss... by adewumiopeyemi(m): 6:27pm On Nov 12, 2015
lol hunnnm grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How I Got Belittled By My Boss... by MilesLamar(m): 6:28pm On Nov 12, 2015
lol chill brova.. Oga's are always right.
Re: How I Got Belittled By My Boss... by Nobody: 6:29pm On Nov 12, 2015
chymystique:
Lol.. That's what ITK can cause.. Take it as a life lesson and not like its belittling.. its normal for bosses to talk like that cause they feel they know more than you..
You should be glad he didnt even make some terrible remarks when you gave him your own design...
it is not normal for any boss to talk that way.... he waited for him to finish with the architect. You need to work in more challenging and competitive firms to understand, you respect people no matter who they are.

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Belittled By My Boss... by chris4gold(m): 6:30pm On Nov 12, 2015
I recommend for you 38laws of power. You keep mute when your Oga make mistakes.
Re: How I Got Belittled By My Boss... by babadee1(m): 6:30pm On Nov 12, 2015
Here's a lesson for you, free of charge. Never correct your boss in public. If you feel he has made a mistake or done something wrong, wait until there's no one else around and approach him in private to draw his attention to it. It doesn't matter where you're working, small company or multinational, or how good your ideas are, if you make a habit of correcting your boss in public you will not last long there.

4 Likes

Re: How I Got Belittled By My Boss... by ozallamike(m): 6:30pm On Nov 12, 2015
[color=#000099][/color] Young shall grow. Take it easy with him
Re: How I Got Belittled By My Boss... by Nobody: 6:31pm On Nov 12, 2015
SSpeter:

.read the 48 Laws of Power..
.donothate your boss.. he is only human with some expected insecurities. learn as much as you can.. use every waking opportunity to improve on the job and get-the-hell-outta-there when a good job pans out for you.. pay-day is still 3 weeks away

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How I Got Belittled By My Boss... by Thavik(m): 6:31pm On Nov 12, 2015
olumide81:
Yes....keep ur ideas, it would be better used when u are alone, get the message and forget the carrier
yyyyg
Re: How I Got Belittled By My Boss... by BuddhaPalm(m): 6:31pm On Nov 12, 2015
SSpeter:

This is/was an opportunity for you to learn a VERY CRITICAL lesson about dealing with your SUPERIORS - and even people in general.

So you would rather embarrass your boss, than be embarrassed yourself?

Don't think Shell or any other multinational will be different.

Human nature is exceptionally consistent.

In the 48 Laws of Power, the first law, which didn't make first by accident is: NEVER OUTSHINE YOUR MASTER.

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Belittled By My Boss... by GreenBobo: 6:32pm On Nov 12, 2015
SSpeter:
Not trying to outshine, it is a critic session you are meant to contribute if you have something to say
Abi... NO WAHALA..
Just understand that some people are not just open to criticism, especially from someone they consider to be their 'junior'.
Possible that he could have appreciated your 'effort' if you hadn't open his 'nyash' in public... If you had done it codedly and privately.. if you know what I mean wink

1 Like

Re: How I Got Belittled By My Boss... by SSpeter(m): 6:33pm On Nov 12, 2015
MissIndependent:
Don't mind the silly mofos and if @ssPeter didn't say anything during the meeting, the same boss will say he lack idea or don't have anything to say, he is not intelligent etc peeps writing rubbish on Nairaland! undecided angry
babe you are intelligent....thumbs up

1 Like

Re: How I Got Belittled By My Boss... by chccho(m): 6:33pm On Nov 12, 2015
very funny thread,OP no doubt u sound like a smart kid, but try and remember never to outshine the master.
even though its a critic session if u were wiser, it would help u apply discretion in "criticizing ur boss"
Learn Humility too, cos pride comes before a fall...sometimes in life u just have to wait patiently,endure,so as to gather enough experience for the journey/destination ahead....
so OP no Vex ehn its all part of a learning process (Its the same thing the likes of donald trump would have told u so its not just a Nigerian thing)
All the best

1 Like

Re: How I Got Belittled By My Boss... by Nobody: 6:34pm On Nov 12, 2015
sonofananimal:
i keep on saying this, keep your ideal to yourself if you are working on another's man company!

No body want and like you to surpass them, we are in a greedy society.

Why not channel your prayer to work on your own company instead of multinational firm, undecided

That's how we are been belittle by ourself
crap... some people's best come out working for others. Not everyone can have a brand. Have you ever wondered why some brands die after a short time and some remain? That's what he wants, perhaps to garner more knowledge and skills.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Belittled By My Boss... by MissIndependent(f): 6:34pm On Nov 12, 2015
SSpeter:
babe you are intelligent....thumbs up
smiley
Re: How I Got Belittled By My Boss... by Alxmyr(m): 6:34pm On Nov 12, 2015
He needs to fire you immediately.
You are incompetent and should not be trusted with responsibility.
Imagine, your arrogance does not even let you know that you are to assist someone he gave the responsibility to. Thereby, you should have discuss your design with the man and if at all there is need for your input, the input should come through the man that has the responsibility for the job and not you.
This is insubordination.

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Belittled By My Boss... by SSpeter(m): 6:34pm On Nov 12, 2015
Christmasdon:
Op i know your type back then in the secondary school class room!
looooooooooolllll......you funny die tongue
Re: How I Got Belittled By My Boss... by Niyeal(m): 6:36pm On Nov 12, 2015
Sorri op. Some pple are loaded but not needed vice versa.
Re: How I Got Belittled By My Boss... by yomi007k(m): 6:37pm On Nov 12, 2015
Ur boss didn't say anything nw, why d fuss?

Come to my line of work, u for don commit suicide tey tey. grin

Dat ur collegue will mess u or d company up someday.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Belittled By My Boss... by gsalvatore: 6:40pm On Nov 12, 2015
majekdom2:
where is the arrogance mediocre?

Interrupting someone superior or elderly or your boss is arrogance. THEY TEACH THIS AT HOME/PRIMARY SCHOOL...

Why did the Boss responded the way that made the OP felt like ''breaking my boss head after he made some derogatory comments that got me angry and belittled..... ''

Do you getting the picture i'm painting?

Now how is that for Arrogance mediocre?
Re: How I Got Belittled By My Boss... by Nobody: 6:41pm On Nov 12, 2015
voltron:

.read the 48 Laws of Power..
.donothate your boss.. he is only human with some expected insecurities. [b]learn as much as you can.. [/b]use every waking opportunity to improve on the job and get-the-hell-outta-there when a good job pans out for you.. pay-day is still 3 weeks away
how can he learn when his boss can't put him through in situations as this This is what is called experience. If perhaps he sees something like that tomos, he will be able to handle had it been the boss explained to him why it is like that.
Re: How I Got Belittled By My Boss... by Nobody: 6:44pm On Nov 12, 2015
gsalvatore:

Interrupting someone superior or elderly or your boss is arrogance. THEY TEACH THIS AT HOME/PRIMARY SCHOOL...

Why did the Boss responded the way that made the OP felt like ''breaking my boss head after he made some derogatory comments that got me angry and belittled..... ''

Do you getting the picture i'm painting?

Now how is that for Arrogance mediocre?
read and read well, he said after the boss was done with the architect during a " critic session ". You don't know how annoying it is when you working with a non team player. No man is an island. Respect is needed.... that was what the OP was trying to point out.I understand u still on that " level "
Re: How I Got Belittled By My Boss... by Nobody: 6:46pm On Nov 12, 2015
majekdom2:
crap... some people's best come out working for others. Not everyone can have a brand. Have you ever wondered why some brands die after a short time and some remain? That's what he wants, perhaps to garner more knowledge and skills.
ok!

For how many years you will be gathering more knowledge and skills?

We decieve ourselves to much!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Air Peace Sacks 69 Pilots, Blames Coronavirus-induced Economic Downturn / Thread For May 2021 BCS Certificate Exam / With A Capital Of N2M: Should I Relocate To Europe Or Open A Pharmacy In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.