Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,849 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:27 AM

Biafra And The Emir Of Kano - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra And The Emir Of Kano (1569 Views)

Osinbajo Visits Ibrahim Bello, The Emir Of Gusau (Photos) / Photo: Emir Of Kano And His Daughter / President Buhari Visits The Emir Daura (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra And The Emir Of Kano by KKessy(m): 6:42am On Nov 13, 2015
Enough respect.
The Paramount King of Kano, Emir Muhammadu Sanusi II, wrote-
"The Igbo people of Nigeria have made a mark in the history of this nation. They led the first successful military coup which eliminated the Military and Political leaders of other regions while letting off Igbo leaders. Nwafor Orizu, then Senate President, in consultation with President Azikiwe, subverted the constitution and handed over power to Aguiyi-Ironsi. Subsequent developments, including attempts at humiliating other peoples, led to the counter-coup and later the civil war. The Igbos themselves must acknowledge that they have a large part of the blame for shattering the unity of this country.
Having said that, this nation must realise that Igbos have more than paid for their foolishness. They have been defeated in war, rendered paupers by monetary policy fiat, their properties declared abandoned and confiscated, kept out of strategic public sector appointments and deprived of public services. The rest of the country forced them to remain in Nigeria and has continued to deny them equity.
The Northern Bourgeoisie and the Yoruba Bourgeoisie have conspired to keep the Igbo out of the scheme of things. In the recent transition when the Igbo solidly supported the PDP in the hope of an Ekwueme presidency, the North and South-West treated this as a Biafra agenda. Every rule set for the primaries, every gentleman´s agreement was set aside to ensure that Obasanjo, not Ekwueme emerged as the candidate. Things went as far as getting the Federal Government to hurriedly gazette a pardon. Now, with this government, the marginalistion of the Igbo is more complete than ever before. The Igbos have taken all these quietly because, they reason, they brought it upon themselves. But the nation is sitting on a time-bomb.
After the First World War, the victors treated Germany with the same contempt Nigeria is treating Igbos. Two decades later, there was a Second World War, far costlier than the first. Germany was again defeated, but this time, they won a more honourable peace. Our present political leaders have no sense of History. There is a new Igbo man, who was not born in 1966 and neither knows nor cares about Nzeogwu and Ojukwu. There are Igbo men on the street who were never Biafrans. They were born Nigerians, are Nigerians, but suffer because of actions of earlier generations. They will soon decide that it is better to fight their own war, and may be find an honourable peace, than to remain in this contemptible state in perpetuity.
The Northern Bourgeoisie and the Yoruba Bourgeoisie have exacted their pound of flesh from the Igbos. For one Sardauna, one Tafawa Balewa, one Akintola and one Okotie-Eboh, hundreds of thousands have died and suffered.
If this issue is not addressed immediately, no conference will solve Nigeria´s problems."

2 Shares

Re: Biafra And The Emir Of Kano by omoplaycool(m): 6:48am On Nov 13, 2015
Achaba ..front-page please ... The people under me have something to say

1 Like

Re: Biafra And The Emir Of Kano by omoplaycool(m): 6:53am On Nov 13, 2015
Seriously. . now I have so much respect for this Emir.....i want to dedicate my FTC to all my village people..
.. grin smiley # singing MC hammer's can't touch this angry
Re: Biafra And The Emir Of Kano by NICOGRAVITY: 7:08am On Nov 13, 2015
The wisdom of this man is amazing.
He has marinated his position with so much knowledge, and this has vetoed my respect for him.
This is how people who occupy royal positions should talk.
You have spoken the truth in wisdom, harsh, yet subtle to digest.
I'm not a supporter of war, but give IGBO's what rightly belong to them.
Let there be peace in our nation.

1 Like

Re: Biafra And The Emir Of Kano by mazzi: 7:10am On Nov 13, 2015
This is thought provocative.
Re: Biafra And The Emir Of Kano by Nobody: 7:29am On Nov 13, 2015
KKessy:
Enough respect.
The Paramount King of Kano, Emir Muhammadu Sanusi II, wrote-
"The Igbo people of Nigeria have made a mark in the history of this nation. They led the first successful military coup which eliminated the Military and Political leaders of other regions while letting off Igbo leaders. Nwafor Orizu, then Senate President, in consultation with President Azikiwe, subverted the constitution and handed over power to Aguiyi-Ironsi. Subsequent developments, including attempts at humiliating other peoples, led to the counter-coup and later the civil war. The Igbos themselves must acknowledge that they have a large part of the blame for shattering the unity of this country.
Having said that, this nation must realise that Igbos have more than paid for their foolishness. They have been defeated in war, rendered paupers by monetary policy fiat, their properties declared abandoned and confiscated, kept out of strategic public sector appointments and deprived of public services. The rest of the country forced them to remain in Nigeria and has continued to deny them equity.
The Northern Bourgeoisie and the Yoruba Bourgeoisie have conspired to keep the Igbo out of the scheme of things. In the recent transition when the Igbo solidly supported the PDP in the hope of an Ekwueme presidency, the North and South-West treated this as a Biafra agenda. Every rule set for the primaries, every gentleman´s agreement was set aside to ensure that Obasanjo, not Ekwueme emerged as the candidate. Things went as far as getting the Federal Government to hurriedly gazette a pardon. Now, with this government, the marginalistion of the Igbo is more complete than ever before. The Igbos have taken all these quietly because, they reason, they brought it upon themselves. But the nation is sitting on a time-bomb.
After the First World War, the victors treated Germany with the same contempt Nigeria is treating Igbos. Two decades later, there was a Second World War, far costlier than the first. Germany was again defeated, but this time, they won a more honourable peace. Our present political leaders have no sense of History. There is a new Igbo man, who was not born in 1966 and neither knows nor cares about Nzeogwu and Ojukwu. There are Igbo men on the street who were never Biafrans. They were born Nigerians, are Nigerians, but suffer because of actions of earlier generations. They will soon decide that it is better to fight their own war, and may be find an honourable peace, than to remain in this contemptible state in perpetuity.
The Northern Bourgeoisie and the Yoruba Bourgeoisie have exacted their pound of flesh from the Igbos. For one Sardauna, one Tafawa Balewa, one Akintola and one Okotie-Eboh, hundreds of thousands have died and suffered.
If this issue is not addressed immediately, no conference will solve Nigeria´s problems."

What wisdom!
Henceforth sir for displaying this level of wisdom, you have caught my Igbo respect!
I loved that line where you say; "there is a new Igbo man.....". Sounds so poetic I must say, and it turned me on!
I never knew mere words and again words of wisdom can turn and sustain someone on sexually.
This is my first time of experiencing such.
I will look for more words of wisdom to fill my sexual cups on. shocked
Re: Biafra And The Emir Of Kano by kagari: 7:41am On Nov 13, 2015
The emir made lots of sense, the worst tactics the nigeria government would employ, is that of 1967, cause russia, china and the US would just use our lands as testing grounds all in the name of taking sides
Re: Biafra And The Emir Of Kano by Nobody: 7:41am On Nov 13, 2015
The man didn't mince words because he understands that we mean business. Its either Biafra or nothing. We are ready to abandon our properties again cos we will always rebuild it in our home. Some lazy fagg0ts are waiting so earnestly for that.
Re: Biafra And The Emir Of Kano by aminho(m): 7:50am On Nov 13, 2015
lafiya mai martaba na gaisheka SAN kano
Re: Biafra And The Emir Of Kano by Rose2014: 8:31am On Nov 13, 2015
Yorubas won't like this
Re: Biafra And The Emir Of Kano by Tex42(m): 8:48am On Nov 13, 2015
kagari:
The emir made lots of sense, the worst tactics the nigeria government would employ, is that of 1967, cause russia, china and the US would just use our lands as testing grounds all in the name of taking sides
@the bolded, funny but true, especially Russia, those guys are disaster freaks. Lol!
Re: Biafra And The Emir Of Kano by bolabolakemi(f): 8:52am On Nov 13, 2015
Biafra will defeat Yoruba and Hausa because they are more resolute now
Re: Biafra And The Emir Of Kano by backtosender: 8:55am On Nov 13, 2015
Sansui said nothing but the truth if they get sense let them hear or Nigeria will be new Somalia
Re: Biafra And The Emir Of Kano by kungiya: 9:00am On Nov 13, 2015
WORD
Re: Biafra And The Emir Of Kano by moderation2020: 9:30am On Nov 13, 2015
if sanusi can exercise this level of wisdom and maturity a non igbo man, then okorohausa need to be stoned to dead

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Privileged Pictures And Video From Owerri IPOB Protests. / Pictures & Video Of Explosion From Burnt Items Thatrocks Buildings In Benin City / All Fuel Station In Okitipupa Was Shut Down Except Emmadorc Nig. Ltd In Ondo St

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.