Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,636 members, 7,801,836 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:26 AM

Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? (12190 Views)

Why Men Treat Side-Chicks Better Than Wives / Men Sleeping With Their House Maids...who's To Blame? / Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by ohbee: 5:44pm On May 17, 2009
honey this, honey that! you no get hand?
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by ThoniaSlim(f): 5:54pm On May 17, 2009
I think it depends on the guy and the lady involved here. undecided No one can treat you any way they choose too. . .till you give them the permission to do so!
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by opsydudu(m): 6:01pm On May 17, 2009
as long as you give her what she wants. wives will never complain

but if the reverse is the case where you can't provide for her needs.

hell no to that, wives will stand up for their right and asked not to be pushed around.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by iice(f): 3:33am On May 18, 2009
ohbee:

As opposed to women treating men as drivers/bellboys

'Pick me here', 'Come this time', 'Carry/Hold this'. . .you no get leg/hand?
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by SeanT21(f): 6:42am On May 18, 2009
ohbee:

U have to give us more than this.There is nothing wrong with your husband asking you to do things for him.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by v3: 11:18am On May 18, 2009
na wa o, e wo tun le le o

Abeg, we all the honies,sugar,sweeties n sorts dey, Make una giv me head na?, huahahahahahahha lol, sorry!!!
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by showbobo(m): 11:43am On May 18, 2009
iice:

WORD!!!
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by AmAlone: 12:22pm On May 18, 2009
which kyne talk be da one??
u won insult my personality?
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by jpphilips(m): 12:35pm On May 18, 2009
@ poster

oh really!

in that case go back to spinster hood

is your hubby a destitute? grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by wakabout(m): 12:37pm On May 18, 2009
Dumb topic.  won't waste my time responding
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by Easybaby(f): 12:43pm On May 18, 2009
iice:

lol . . .I have been a victim before
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by JJYOU: 12:45pm On May 18, 2009
wonders on planet NL. dress the way you want to addressed. behave the way you want to be treated.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by queen01(f): 1:07pm On May 18, 2009
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by luxoire(f): 1:11pm On May 18, 2009
iice:

spot on as awalsy iice!!

its a 23way street - don't complain - if you have a problem like this in your r/ship speak to him, he must think its acceptable because you do same to him!!

if not, point it out to him and i am sure he willt ake your comments on board and if he loves you he will try to avoid doing things that nnoy you and cause tension in your union
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by rasputinn(m): 2:03pm On May 18, 2009
ohbee:

@ OP
Now what kind of dry and drab gist was that you posted above angry angry angry angry,you have to expand that one-liner of your please
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by Feelitx(m): 2:20pm On May 18, 2009
iice,

Well said.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by Theblessed(f): 2:40pm On May 18, 2009
NIGERIAN MAN, THE MOST DISRESPECTFUL OF THEM ALL.

Unfortunately, Nigerian men are the most disrespectful of all AFRICAN MEN if not the world when it comes to women.  In short, NIGERIAN MEN have no respect for their women, ask every where in the world and people would tell you so - that's the truth.  Will I marry them?  In my DREAMS, thank you!  I can only do that if there's a change in them but there's no hope for change therefore, forget about that. Thank God there are other men in the world any woman that loves and respect herself could be married to.

Why are Nigerian men so crude and rude in their attitudes towards their women?  Well, it  boils down to our entrenched culture - were women had always been raised to slave for  men.  To take care of every whim of a man's needs - from cooking to bedroom skills, from raising children to equally contributing in all aspects of running the home etc.  As a result, our men are raised to believe that they are GOD GIFT TO WOMEN - hence you hear some say, 'better behave well, else no man would marry you'.  You see, to them marriage is percieved as the highest achievement any woman could attain - Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa and, how stupid for any idiot to even contemplate that?  For those of us who know exactly what they want, no man would pull that kind of wool over our eyes - you dare!!!!

For that reason, I thank my parents for the education they gave me, the career I have and, the freedom to do as I please without any man dictating for me how I should live my life.  
You see, everyone needs to enjoy their lives without unnecessary hassling afterall, we've only got one shot on this life so make the most of it.  Be happy!!!  
If you are married to a difficult man who makes your life unbearable, kick his ar-e and gain your freedom afterall, men need women more than women need them, and they know it, so they are the ones to behave and not us.  Their LOSS, not ours.

On the other hand, in order to improve this situation, Nigerian women should stop attaching greater importance to their male offsprings by raising them to believe they are SUPERIO to their other sibblings especially, their sisters and GOD SENT TO WOMEN generally.. It's high time, we start treating both our boys and girls equally.  For example, raising them equally in terms of performing domestic chores, running errands, baby-sitting the younger ones, cooking, washing and bathing the younger ones as well as teaching them to respect their sisters from a very young age (because this disrespectfulness we are talking about, starts from childhood) etc.   If we could inculcate this in our children from a very young age then, we will not be here trying to fathom how it all went wrong with NIGERIAN MEN being not only abusive but also agressive and sometimes violent to their WOMEN.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by ChuckBass1(m): 2:50pm On May 18, 2009
Stupid Topic angry

Are they not naturally born as maids?

Who delievers the children?

Who breasts feeds them?

Who is perpertually doomed to be in the kitchen till death do you part?

Who cleans the house 24/7?

Who washes the clothes and Dishes most of the time?

Who nannies the kids 24/7?

At the end of the month, dont men or husbands give them money for the week or month to buy more food stuffs and cleaning utensils which in other wards serves as their monthly wages for being a housemaid only that she wears a wedding ring?

How many house husbands do you know? Rathe there are millions of house wives. Is that not a glorified title for a House maid?

Abeg make una go siddon jare!

Psssf. . . . angry
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by Uche2nna(m): 2:51pm On May 18, 2009
grin
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by Orikinla(m): 3:01pm On May 18, 2009
Only the wives who want to be treated like maids get treated like maids.

If you have got your education and you have got your imagination, no Nigerian husband can take advantage of you.

You have always had your dreams before you married him and you should fulfill your divine destiny still married to him.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by chinesedoll(f): 3:10pm On May 18, 2009
Chuck Ba$$:

Stupid Topic angry

Who breasts feeds them?

At the end of the month, dont men or husbands give them money for the week or month to buy more food stuffs and cleaning utensils which in other wards serves as their monthly wages for being a housemaid only that she wears a wedding ring?

How many house husbands do you know? Rathe there are millions of house wives. Is that not a glorified title for a House maid?

Psssf. . . . angry

For ur lean mind now
U don make point o abi
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by JJYOU: 3:17pm On May 18, 2009
queen01:

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
na only mmmmmmmmmm u go talk for this matter?

chinesedoll:

For ur lean mind now
U don make point o abi
that is the legacy and burden of free education
Chuck Ba$$:

Stupid Topic angry

Who breasts feeds them?

Psssf. . . . angry
you try. well done.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by nana(f): 3:20pm On May 18, 2009
Hmm
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by Nobody: 3:21pm On May 18, 2009
//
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by MCMLXXVI(m): 3:21pm On May 18, 2009
Damn You Michael Bay!
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by chinesedoll(f): 3:28pm On May 18, 2009
chaircover:

Isn't it about time we have a minimum age on this forum?

am definitely with u on dis one
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by MCMLXXVI(m): 3:46pm On May 18, 2009
am definitely with u on dis one

Damn You Michael Bay!
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by JJYOU: 3:55pm On May 18, 2009
chaircover:

Isn't it about time we have a minimum age on this forum?
plus paid access even if it N1000 payable to some motherless babies home.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by SweetT1: 3:58pm On May 18, 2009
Chuck Ba$$:

Stupid Topic angry

Who breasts feeds them?

Psssf. . . . angry

What is so stupid about the topic?? You are making a joke out of a serious issue. Would you want your daughter or sisters to be a maid to an @sshole who thinks marriage has made him a king kong? Some Nigerian men act like bozos.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by LadyT(f): 3:59pm On May 18, 2009
Sweet T:

What is so stupid about the topic?? You are making a joke out of a serious issue. Would you want your daughter or sisters to be a maid to an @sshole who thinks marriage has made him a king kong? Some Nigerian men act like bozos.

You looked in the mirror?
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by GeeCee(m): 4:01pm On May 18, 2009
Chuck Ba$$:

Stupid Topic angry

Who breasts feeds them?

Psssf. . . . angry

This man must be a retard. Dis is d worst comment i have ever seen on dis forum.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerian Men Treat Their Wives Like Maids? by MCMLXXVI(m): 4:03pm On May 18, 2009
ha! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pls Which Area In Ibadan Has Stable And Constant Electricity? / I Call My Mother Mummy, What Do You Call Yours? / Are Women In Nigeria Supposed To Expect And Accept Cheating Husbands?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.