Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,892 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:03 AM

The Good Samaritan - The Best Narrative In The Bible, Bar None. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Good Samaritan - The Best Narrative In The Bible, Bar None. (4792 Views)

Nigerian Pastor Bar Robbers, Prostitutes, Kidnappers From Giving Offerings,tithe / TB Joshua’s Daughter Called To Bar (Photo) / Be A Good Samaritan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Good Samaritan - The Best Narrative In The Bible, Bar None. by tpaine: 7:05pm On May 17, 2009
The story of the good Samaritan surpasses any other narratives in the bible in the moral lesson it conveys. In fact, if the entire bible were reduced to just these few words and the essential ideas implemented by humankind, the world would be a much better place.

Luke 10: 29 - 37:

"A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he fell into the hands of robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead with no clothes. A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, and he passed by on the other side. So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, he too passed by on the other side. But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, took him to an inn and looked after him. The next day he took out two silver coins and gave them to the innkeeper. 'Look after him,' he said, 'and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.' "Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?" The expert in the law replied, "The one who had mercy on him." Jesus told him, "Go and do likewise."

What do you guys think?
Re: The Good Samaritan - The Best Narrative In The Bible, Bar None. by Image123(m): 8:14pm On May 17, 2009
@tpaine, "widely known" as huxley.
How body now. It's understandable that you'll rather be huxley than tpaine. At least, given the account of the way Thomas Paine departed from the world, you know? I feel you.
About your question, I know it will be a bad idea that the Bible be reduced to Luke10v30-37.
Revelation22v19 says 'And if ANY MAN shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part OUT OF THE BOOK OF LIFE, and out of THE HOLY CITY, and from the things which are written in this book.'.
Secondly, the passage will lose its import as the paragraph actually begins from Luke 10v25. The morals of the passage are for those interested in eternal life. The love for the Lord thy God with ALL precedes love for thy neighbour. I'm sure you understand.
Re: The Good Samaritan - The Best Narrative In The Bible, Bar None. by itstpia1: 6:13am On Oct 25, 2014

(1) (Reply)

Lies Told By 'Jesus' / Sister Linda: The Woman Who Went To Hell And Came Back.....tells Her Story / Flirty Fishing - Evangelical Christian Doctrine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.