Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,152 members, 7,807,508 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:29 PM

Browse The Net For Free On Your Computer/laptop With Vmobile /celtel Line - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Browse The Net For Free On Your Computer/laptop With Vmobile /celtel Line (4428 Views)

How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet / Google Glass Project: Browse The Web As You Walk Around! / Browse The Net Using Your Phone Connected To Your Computer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Browse The Net For Free On Your Computer/laptop With Vmobile /celtel Line by coolskeelz(m): 2:58am On Oct 16, 2006
Hey people you can actually browse the net using your computer or laptop free of charge 24/7 with your vmobile/ celtel line.All you need is a phone with GPRS and Bluetooth technology,preferably a Nokia brand,then you pay for a connection fee ones and for all. It works; I am using it.
Re: Browse The Net For Free On Your Computer/laptop With Vmobile /celtel Line by sidnazious(m): 2:17pm On Oct 16, 2006
plz i also have a sendo x, can u plz give me further details on how to do this i.e browse with my computer using my phone
Re: Browse The Net For Free On Your Computer/laptop With Vmobile /celtel Line by fellybabe(f): 5:50pm On Oct 16, 2006
hi coolskeelz, please i really need that piece of information
i have a pentium 4, dell laptop and a sony ericsson k700i, i already have a 100 meter usb bluetooth

i have tried it but it cldn't work, if it shows connected, i still can browse but can only send pics or my phone book from my phone to the laptop through the bluetooth but i can't browse.

please help me out

i will be grateful

thanks
Re: Browse The Net For Free On Your Computer/laptop With Vmobile /celtel Line by Wilfem(m): 5:20pm On Oct 17, 2006
I've already tried it with my Nokia N-gage and it worked.
All you need is a GPRS enabled phone and a bluetooth dongle. You'll make use of the Dial up networking service and it works for you.
No secret code or password is requirred. But I think Celtel is carrying out an upgrade which will eventually commences billing for the connections later and it may be expensive. I don't think the connection works for glo line, despite the fact that they're charging. I've tried it with glo, it didn't work
Re: Browse The Net For Free On Your Computer/laptop With Vmobile /celtel Line by Nobody: 6:45pm On Oct 17, 2006
@Wilfem
Thanks man,you re the man. Idea's are meant to be shared in this forum not to be sold after all some pple name nor be celtel or vmobile. undecided
Re: Browse The Net For Free On Your Computer/laptop With Vmobile /celtel Line by husseyn(m): 2:28pm On Oct 18, 2006
pls can u explain further how to use it.becos i don't really understand
Re: Browse The Net For Free On Your Computer/laptop With Vmobile /celtel Line by erokosite(m): 12:41pm On Oct 21, 2006
pls i am really intrested but dont know how to go abt it.
i have a laptop and desktop and a nokia 7650 phone how can i start using it
Re: Browse The Net For Free On Your Computer/laptop With Vmobile /celtel Line by Wilfem(m): 1:54am On Oct 22, 2006
I really enjoy the free browsing, but it fluctuates at times
Re: Browse The Net For Free On Your Computer/laptop With Vmobile /celtel Line by Jalal(m): 8:27pm On Oct 22, 2006
Hey@Coolskeelz and Wilfem thanks 4 the info!!

Wats the connection speed like?
Re: Browse The Net For Free On Your Computer/laptop With Vmobile /celtel Line by konari(m): 10:31am On Oct 28, 2006
Pls fill me in!!! I have nokia 6230i data cable & a laptop, created a dial up connectn which works but i don't receive any data packets(it doesn't browse) pls help me out. It was working fine a few months ago. I still browse conveniently on my phone though wiv opera mini and mig33 & a host of others but i really need to connect on pc. Pls guys gimme the load down. Thanks in anticipation. Happen!!!
Re: Browse The Net For Free On Your Computer/laptop With Vmobile /celtel Line by konari(m): 10:38am On Oct 28, 2006
Pls fill me in!!! I have nokia 6230i data cable & a laptop, created a dial up connectn which works but i don't receive any data packets(it doesn't browse) pls help me out. It was working fine a few months ago. I still browse conveniently on my phone though wiv opera mini and mig33 & a host of others but i really need to connect on pc. Pls guys gimme the load down. Thanks in anticipation. Happen!!!
Re: Browse The Net For Free On Your Computer/laptop With Vmobile /celtel Line by konari(m): 10:39am On Oct 28, 2006
Re: Browse The Net For Free On Your Computer/laptop With Vmobile /celtel Line by edrys(m): 6:06pm On Oct 28, 2006
grin Is it true that one can browse with one celtel line and a gprs handset?
Pls,i had love to know how to get connected, my handset is nokia 3210.
Re: Browse The Net For Free On Your Computer/laptop With Vmobile /celtel Line by Jalal(m): 9:14pm On Oct 29, 2006
Yeah Wilfem pls respond i added u on my Yahoo messenger, u were online but u didnt respond, it was u that said anyone interested should contact u 4 details so why arent u responding
Re: Browse The Net For Free On Your Computer/laptop With Vmobile /celtel Line by konari(m): 3:54pm On Nov 05, 2006
Wilfem whats happening i'm really looking forward to the info. I sent an email to you but no response. Anyway my addy's konariwo@yahoo.com. I look forward to your response. A wa f'ara wa. A good turn deserves another
Re: Browse The Net For Free On Your Computer/laptop With Vmobile /celtel Line by Jalal(m): 4:44pm On Nov 05, 2006
@ Wilfem,Yes o i support that motion by Konari

"A wa f'ara wa, wa f'ara wa,wa f'ara wa,wa f'ara wa,wa f'ara wa,wa f'ara wa grin grin grin
Re: Browse The Net For Free On Your Computer/laptop With Vmobile /celtel Line by kennyuche(m): 3:47pm On Nov 08, 2006
I want to know wether you can browse the web or wap with it. Thanks
Re: Browse The Net For Free On Your Computer/laptop With Vmobile /celtel Line by kennyuche(m): 3:47pm On Nov 08, 2006
Re: Browse The Net For Free On Your Computer/laptop With Vmobile /celtel Line by Jalal(m): 6:45pm On Nov 08, 2006
Hi ppl
Can someone pls help me with the wap/internet configurations 4 Sony Ericcson T628.
Thanks
Re: Browse The Net For Free On Your Computer/laptop With Vmobile /celtel Line by Jalal(m): 11:02am On Nov 09, 2006
@ Jalal check dis site where u can configure ALL Sony Ericson fones for WAP/internet.

http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=ae&lc=en&ver=4000&template=ps1_1_1_1&zone=ps&lm=ps1_1&pid=10002

First u choose ur
1. Model
2. Country
3. GSM Network
4. Ur Phone number

and ur done the settings will be sent immediately to ur phone via sms.

I tried it and it works!!!
Re: Browse The Net For Free On Your Computer/laptop With Vmobile /celtel Line by Jalal(m): 11:08am On Nov 09, 2006
@Jalal thanks your a lyfesavergrin grin grin grin tongue cool
Re: Browse The Net For Free On Your Computer/laptop With Vmobile /celtel Line by wormedup(m): 1:54pm On Nov 09, 2006
@ all,
pls note that celtel/vmobile has restrictions on some line/subscribers; so not everyone will be able to access the wap/gprs features.

to connect ur PC to the internet through ur phone's gprs access here's what u do :
if u r using a bluetooth/infrared, then ur phone will have to support the *modem over infrared/bluetooth* feature. i know there are some phones that don't but there should be just a few of them.

if u r using a cable, u'll have to install the cable drivers for ur phone. normally it comes in the CR-ROM bundled with ur phone.
in the case of nokia phone, pc suite covers this.

creat a dail up connection on ur pc and select ur mobile phone's modem as default.
dail up name came be anything,
username : wap
password : wap
number : *99***1# or *99#

NOTE: like i said earlier, celtel has restrictions !
having wap access on ur phone does not guarantee it'll work on ur PC/lappy.

hope this helps,

cheers.
Re: Browse The Net For Free On Your Computer/laptop With Vmobile /celtel Line by niyyie(m): 5:36pm On Nov 09, 2006
Celtel sucks. The last time I was in Nigeria (last October) the GPRS was just horrible.
Re: Browse The Net For Free On Your Computer/laptop With Vmobile /celtel Line by wormedup(m): 8:44am On Nov 10, 2006
@niyyie,

just happens that celtel's gprs is the fastest compared to glo and mtn.
Re: Browse The Net For Free On Your Computer/laptop With Vmobile /celtel Line by Jalal(m): 5:33pm On Nov 12, 2006
@Niyyie is that a fact? I know about Mtn's but not Glo's.
Re: Browse The Net For Free On Your Computer/laptop With Vmobile /celtel Line by niyyie(m): 5:36am On Nov 14, 2006
@niyyie,

just happens that celtel's gprs is the fastest compared to glo and mtn.

You've got to be kidding me!!! What part of Nigeria are you? You should have share that with us.

See, I was in Lagos, Ibadan, Katsina and Sokoto this last October. Celtel's GPRS was horrible in the south, and none functional in the north. Thats what I experienced.
Re: Browse The Net For Free On Your Computer/laptop With Vmobile /celtel Line by wormedup(m): 6:33am On Nov 14, 2006
@niyyie,
ask around, celtel's gprs is best.
meanwhile i'm in lagos.
it could be true though, about the time you mention cos they probably just kick off the service then.
but now, it's a lot different from what it was then.

cheers.
Re: Browse The Net For Free On Your Computer/laptop With Vmobile /celtel Line by Wilfem(m): 2:25pm On Nov 14, 2006
I wouldn't know wether Celtel has began their GPRS upgrades 'cos the connection doesn't seem to be functional on my Pc for the past 24hrs. It'll conect to the PC from the phone, but just won't browse and I'm sure my settings were intact. What's wrong cry?
Re: Browse The Net For Free On Your Computer/laptop With Vmobile /celtel Line by twinstaiye(m): 2:30pm On Nov 14, 2006
Have you checked whether the GPRS is available on your mobile phone? because the Celtel GPRS is currently not available, at least my phone keeps telling me that her ein Abuja.
Re: Browse The Net For Free On Your Computer/laptop With Vmobile /celtel Line by Jalal(m): 6:29pm On Nov 14, 2006
Celtel's GPRS is not available here and the MTN GPRS isnt working for 2 days now
Re: Browse The Net For Free On Your Computer/laptop With Vmobile /celtel Line by lexfrosty: 6:12pm On Nov 15, 2006
Hi guys i want to setup my GPRS using a usb gsm modem i bought of recent.
I have installed it on my laptop but it doesn't seem to be able to install the MTN GPRS settings.
the modem software is "mobilephonetools".
I need to know how to set this up, who has an idea?

(1) (2) (Reply)

How many Computers in Nigeria? / Usb Continues To Disconnect / Please Can I Play Ps3/ps4 Games On Laptop?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.