Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,421 members, 7,808,511 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:53 PM

Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? (77157 Views)

How Much Will It Cost To Lay The Foundation (only) Of A 3 Bedroom Flat / DIY: Construction Of A 3-bedroom Bungalow [Ikorodu North LGA Isiwu] / What Is The Estimated Cost Of Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Lugbe? Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by carbon1224(m): 6:38pm On Nov 13, 2015
Yes with economical packages.
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Nov 13, 2015
End time

4 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by omooba969(m): 6:38pm On Nov 13, 2015
Impossican't !

U go do electricals na;

U go do plumbing na;

U go plaster d house na;

U go do soak-away na or na inside bush u wan dey go shiit;

U go do bore-hole na or u wan go dey fetch water frm stream grin

U fit no do fence, na u sabi;

Gate nko, wen fence no dey why u go need gate sef cheesy

Na firewood u wan dey assemble for kitchen?

U go need doors, burglary proof, windows;

If u like u fit no put tiles or carpet sef, na u sabi;

U go pay labourers na.

cool

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Nov 13, 2015
Endtime
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by seunayeni(m): 6:39pm On Nov 13, 2015
don't think 2M is going to be enough putting into consideration a fair/good location, good building materials, and other costs....maybe in one's village it could be.
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by lafex: 6:40pm On Nov 13, 2015
Its possible if using substandard matedrials and without painting
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Nov 13, 2015
Following
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by initialize(m): 6:42pm On Nov 13, 2015
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by Cupidkc(m): 6:44pm On Nov 13, 2015
The OP said it's in Agbara.... Hmmm....and the Agbara that I know is in outskirts of Lagos.
So back to the subject matter,my humble opinion is NO.
Cheers!!!

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by catalanscrew(m): 6:45pm On Nov 13, 2015
From my experience as a Registered practicing civil Engr is possible
1. Depends on materials you use
2. Site location
3. Labour cost around the area where the building is to be erected for example some places masons collect N3000, N2000 and even N2500 and labourers collect between 1000 to 1500
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by sconp: 6:45pm On Nov 13, 2015
It could but you would have to make sure that you count each material supplied so you don't get cheated, meaning that you would have to spend a lot of time on site.
Bricklayer fit connive with supplier, them go supply 500blocks tell you say na 800

3 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by justi4jesu(f): 6:46pm On Nov 13, 2015
mirabel001:
yea buh it depends on d area...u can build 5 bedroom flat in my villa wit 2m buh in lekki, dat's 4 clearin d land

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by pofolo(m): 6:47pm On Nov 13, 2015
yes.
it depend on labour cost, omo onile factor and ready availability of money.
e.g
1000 blocks of 6 inches @ 130 = #130, 000. but d truth is d blocks made these days are knock-offs.
alternatively,
if you mould yourself.
2 trips of sand @ 18000each = 36000 ( a trip moulds more dan 15 bags of cements ).
20 bags of cement @ 1500 = 30000.
1 bag = 50 blocks.
labour is 600 per bag = 16000
water 2000
total = 84,000. & sand for about over 10bags of cement still left.

imagine 130000 to 84 000 for 1000 blocks.

i hear some1 talk about soak away ?.
now people use "shalanga" method of 3feet wide 20-25feet deep....cost 20k , plus the sand u get from it will serve as filling. 2 is enuf for 3 bedroom. na to just slab am remain, na everlasting.
if not, 8 by 10 by 8 feet soak away is about 70k to dig, ul need blocks n cement plus slabing too....over 100k, & future xpenses to dey pack ( evacuate ) Shit.

apply d above methods n others
#2million will complete 3 bedroom flat

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by Noble11(m): 6:47pm On Nov 13, 2015
This is mine in my village,it's a six (6) bedroom and parlour with toilet in each room.
I have spent 1.8m already on it..it's remaining on painting and small finishing touches..
So yes depend on your contractor(engineer)and where you are building the house...if it's in the village use local contractors...goodluck

My mother is my site supervisor..she locks every material in our old house and put the key in her central bank..you must confirm that the old materials has finished before you get a new one...no wastage...she really helped me...coz hustle for this side I dey no easy atall..lol

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by greatness22(m): 6:47pm On Nov 13, 2015
mirabel001:
yea buh it depends on d area...u can build 5 bedroom flat in my villa wit 2m buh in lekki, dat's 4 clearin d land
Lolz, U are rite mirabel
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by Vanilla123: 6:49pm On Nov 13, 2015
My brother , if you want to be told the truth. U will need a minimum of 5M to finish a standard 3 bedroom flat. 2M might take u to roofing level but u know that it at the finishing stage that you spend the bulk of the money in building. My advice is that you should start with what you have but don't compromise quality. It is better that finish the house in 3 years than to finish it within a short period with 2M only for it not to stand the test of time.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by GBENGA49: 6:49pm On Nov 13, 2015
No it can't, 3.5 wil do, buh depend on taste too
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by Acidosis(m): 6:49pm On Nov 13, 2015
Very possible, if you decide to cut your clothe according to your size.

With that amount, don't start envying Linda Ikeji's kinda bullet proof doors and Italian tiles.

Some sets of roofing materials cost as much as N1m (bungalow); meanwhile, with N80k you can get coated zincs. All na roof, as long as it protects you from rain and heat.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Nov 13, 2015
yinkaoke:
PLS HELP

I discussed this with my oga who intends to build his house in 6 months and he siad he will build with just N2m without the cost of the land but that the rooms will not be of a standard one and the 3 rooms too. i.e portable flats.

Please is it possible and can anyone give us the break down of how this is possible. his land is at Agbara

many thnaks

2 million can complete a 3 bedroom flat...Bungalow.

But the quality will be sacrificed.
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by menxer: 6:52pm On Nov 13, 2015
Don't tell me all the civil engineers and quantity surveyors in the house are still busy on site, not to furnish us with the breakdown of this project?

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by Hero10001: 6:52pm On Nov 13, 2015
My friend bought an uncompleted 3br bungalow on a quarter plot for 1.5m at command area of Ipaja, Lagos. he then uses another 1.5m to finish it to taste.
It's got 3br, 3t&b, borehole, fence etc.
I don't wanna post pics for sucurity reasons.
So, with land and 2m, youre go to go.
Cement is cheap, blocks are cheap too.
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 6:52pm On Nov 13, 2015
Noble11:
This is mine in my village,it's a six (6) bedroom and parlour with toilet in each room.
I have spent 1.8m already on it..it's remaining on painting and small finishing touches..
So yes depend on your contractor(engineer)and where you are building the house...if it's in the village use local contractors...goodluck
Nice one!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by Acidosis(m): 6:55pm On Nov 13, 2015
Noble11:

OP needs to see this.

For those shouting N5m (like people pluck this money on trees), this is a clear case in point.

9 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by BankManager(m): 6:56pm On Nov 13, 2015
Not possible..Except u want your building to collapse in less than a year..

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by obaao(m): 6:57pm On Nov 13, 2015
Omo boy, regardless of the location of the building, cost of materials is the same. 2million will complete the building to the roofing only if you are not doing conduit for both the electrical and plumbing. This information is from experience.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by Bom4Real: 7:01pm On Nov 13, 2015
From MY experience 2Million Wont do enough depending On THE Standard

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by goshen26: 7:03pm On Nov 13, 2015
Except he supervise it himself to cut expense
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by fatshadys: 7:03pm On Nov 13, 2015
Very very but not the island
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by Trustworthiness: 7:03pm On Nov 13, 2015
4 million naira to it and build something you will not regret in future. Build a house that is of standard with good value appreciation in the future.

These days you think of future as well.
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by alfa0: 7:08pm On Nov 13, 2015
Its very possible but you will only give your time because you will do much of the supervision work yourself.
Am just rounding up a similar project,i supervised myself most times.
i bought materials myself most times,and i tell you i have not reached the said 2M mark though almost.
Its a challenging task both mentally and physically, doing everything yourself but its worth it because you will build to your test and still manage your fund very well.
Am not a building engineer but i was able to do it with the help of some internet site.
I google acceptable standards and mixing ratios before i move to site.with my little knowledge as a science student, every other thing na Jara.

when i run into problems, i have a close friend i call for solution,he is quite experienced.I tell you most of the work the so called engineers did on other site near mine is no way close to my quality.sometimes they marvel ,they call me engineer,most don't know i am the owner of the house.
To cut the long story short,ITS VERY POSSIBLE (IF YOU HAVE THE TIME TO SPARE.)

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by bonetalk(m): 7:09pm On Nov 13, 2015
it depends on the location but in Ekiti, it will go a long way but additional money would be needed for finishing
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by IceDude(m): 7:09pm On Nov 13, 2015
mirabel001:
U can lie o!.... Na the full Nigeria dem wan clear? grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tutorial: How Many Packet Of Floor Tiles Do You Need To Tile A Room? / How To Calculate The Quantity Of Tiles Needed; Selecting Tiles & Types. / Lettings @ Ketu, Magodo, River Valley, Ojota, Omole ph2, Gbagada, Anthony etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.