Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,699 members, 7,802,067 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:38 AM

Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? (77077 Views)

How Much Will It Cost To Lay The Foundation (only) Of A 3 Bedroom Flat / DIY: Construction Of A 3-bedroom Bungalow [Ikorodu North LGA Isiwu] / What Is The Estimated Cost Of Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Lugbe? Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by onatisi(m): 9:13pm On Nov 13, 2015
GogobiriLalas:
N2m will even build you a duplex at Onwuba Itungbe Ongwuli local government area of Abia state, most of it will be constructed of mud and the possibility of it toppling over after a heavy tropical storm is quite high...but hey at least you can can say you too once owned a duplex
so what is the point of building a house that will collapse during heavy rainfall.
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Nov 13, 2015
seek your help from my old boss. he's a civic engineer. highly intelligent and trust worthy man. number 08023119778
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by ihedioramma: 9:16pm On Nov 13, 2015
yinkaoke:
PLS HELP

I discussed this with my oga who intends to build his house in 6 months and he siad he will build with just N2m without the cost of the land but that the rooms will not be of a standard one and the 3 rooms too. i.e portable flats.

Please is it possible and can anyone give us the break down of how this is possible. his land is at Agbara

many thnaks
yes is possible now start it dont let another thing take the money .
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by fxgal: 9:22pm On Nov 13, 2015
Following. Very important topic to me
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by bellotaofeek: 9:28pm On Nov 13, 2015
Yeah it is possible.....BUT won't get to roofing! cry
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by Tolakay: 9:31pm On Nov 13, 2015
jomoh:
It will definitely go a very long way especially with the fallen price of cement.

Personally I will use it to complete a three bedroom in Ibadan.

In fact I still did a rough mental estimate 3days ago.

Note: With high quality materials.
pls wot was ur estimate like for roofing.... Info abt d basis of ur conclusn will be appreciated
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by Marvinspeed(m): 9:36pm On Nov 13, 2015
It depends on the area you want to build and the quality of house you want to have.
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by jomoh: 9:36pm On Nov 13, 2015
Tolakay:
pls wot was ur estimate like for roofing.... Info abt d basis of ur conclusn will be appreciated

Approximately 300k minus the labour. Which accounted for the single most expensive part of the building.

Note: to build this kind of house, one has to be very frugal and disciplined in spending.

Not contracting. All direct labour.
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by okongo(m): 9:37pm On Nov 13, 2015
I am doing some research on this. google bolyn construction and talk to them.
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by Tolakay: 9:39pm On Nov 13, 2015
Noble11:
This is mine in my village,it's a six (6) bedroom and parlour with toilet in each room.
I have spent 1.8m already on it..it's remaining on painting and small finishing touches..
So yes depend on your contractor(engineer)and where you are building the house...if it's in the village use local contractors...goodluck

My mother is my site supervisor..she locks every material in our old house and put the key in her central bank..you must confirm that the old materials has finished before you get a new one...no wastage...she really helped me...coz hustle for this side I dey no easy atall..lol
Boss... Congrat. Pls how much did incur for roofing?

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by Bayusity(m): 9:40pm On Nov 13, 2015
Is very possible but it depends on taste and desires
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by catalanscrew(m): 9:45pm On Nov 13, 2015
karleone:

When you say Site location, do you mean its proximity to purchase of materials?

Yes I mean proximity to purchase materials and the area where he want to build the house.
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by jomoh: 9:50pm On Nov 13, 2015
GogobiriLalas:
N2m will even build you a duplex at Onwuba Itungbe Ongwuli local government area of Abia state, most of it will be constructed of mud and the possibility of it toppling over after a heavy tropical storm is quite high...but hey at least you can can say you too once owned a duplex

LWKM

Wicked guy.
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by donaldekechi(m): 9:50pm On Nov 13, 2015
Its very possible . He go even hv change... Bungalow does not require foundation like a storey building.. Get a local architect.. Mould ur own blocks of like 3000bricks cost like 150k-200k once u start it costs less to build to lintel level.. What actually churns ur money is roofing
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by Dreamflyin(m): 9:54pm On Nov 13, 2015
I don't know if you'll read this, but yes it's possible, with stabilized clay blocks. An Engineer in my hometown built an upstair with 3.8 - 4m. I'll upload pics.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by beyoncausme: 9:55pm On Nov 13, 2015
100% possible...u'll get a v good moderate building,..finishing and furnishing is something that comes little by little...soo yes it's possible.
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by whatalife: 10:08pm On Nov 13, 2015
@Op is very posible with 2M, With 2.2M The building in the link below is a student hostel of 7 room self con. building has since been plastered just remaining tiling and furnishing.

https://www.nairaland.com/1026810/building-student-hostel-vs-regular
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by stpat1(m): 10:09pm On Nov 13, 2015
Not Possible. There are certain materials that the prices are almost the same everywhere and even more expensive in remote areas. These materials include but not limited to Cement, Rods, Windows, Roofing sheets, Doors etc.

I'm very sure the poster excludes all electrical and plumbing in this budget.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by stpat1(m): 10:10pm On Nov 13, 2015
Dreamflyin:
I don't know if you'll read this, but yes it's possible, with stabilized clay blocks. An Engineer in my hometown built an upstair with 3.8 - 4m. I'll upload pics.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by stancydg: 10:11pm On Nov 13, 2015
Very possible, with high quality materials. Call Paradysity Architects on 07034643328/ 08103475104 and we will help you SACK YOUR LANDLORD FAST. A PowerPoint presentation with all the details is available, when you call. Thanks.
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by ToluO: 10:14pm On Nov 13, 2015
First of all I will give you an outright No, furthermore you should consider different factors such as the total building area, the complexity of design, types of finishing, comfortability, standard of material, the list goes.......you can consult a financial analyst such as construction economist (quantity surveyor 08060668060)

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by noblegrex: 10:23pm On Nov 13, 2015
It depends on the location,area in a particular city.ordinarily in some states, its enough even more than enough.an agent built a 2 bedroom flat for some1 I know like 3years ago,with 2m-its standard to some extent, he embezzled close to like 450k in that 2m.so,if he can supervise it himself,I believe its possible with that amount but the rooms may be too small sha.
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by joshneku: 10:35pm On Nov 13, 2015
Why not
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by Tolakay: 10:39pm On Nov 13, 2015
jomoh:

Approximately 300k minus the labour. Which accounted for the single most expensive part of the building.

Note: to build this kind of house, one has to be very frugal and disciplined in spending.

Not contracting. All direct labour.
300k for both roofing sheet and log/wood?
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by jomoh: 10:44pm On Nov 13, 2015
Tolakay:
300k for both roofing sheet and log/wood?

Yes of cause.

This is not Lagos. You go directly to the timber market of which we have a lot of them in Ibadan here. I mean a lot.
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by vivaciousvivi(f): 10:45pm On Nov 13, 2015
yinkaoke I am guessing u mean a 3 bed bungalow and not a flat.
To answer your question, it is not possible. I don't care what others are typing o. Maybe he wants to use mud and thatch to build it sha with very very cheap labour.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by Noble11(m): 10:45pm On Nov 13, 2015
doctokwus:

Is it not stone coated roofing I am seeing. That alone shud have set u back N1m,so please are u serious that it cost u just N1.8m to reach this level.Do u mind doing a breakdown for interested folks like us?
My brother i may not want to go to that extend...
Am from oraukwu in anambra state,and that's where the house is..but am not based in Nigeria..If you want to build a house don't get scared about what people tell you.. Go to those old school retaired engineers in the village tell him what you want..you will see yourself building a good house in no time,even with 500k you can start ,believe me you will never look back once you start.
At first I wanted just to renovate our old house,but the man told me to start a new house that it will be cheaper and faster, coz of many cut and join that am going to do..
I started that house August 9th to be precisely and I want my family to spend Xmas in it...
Note: don't mind my write up na hustler I be..I no go school o...peace!!

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by olumide4christ: 10:48pm On Nov 13, 2015
yinkaoke:
PLS HELP

I discussed this with my oga who intends to build his house in 6 months and he siad he will build with just N2m without the cost of the land but that the rooms will not be of a standard one and the 3 rooms too. i.e portable flats.

Please is it possible and can anyone give us the break down of how this is possible. his land is at Agbara

many thnaks

VERY VERY IMPOSSIBLE!!

You will spend 1/3 or more of that money on foundation alone, since its Agbara. The terrain where the site is located will also be a major factor. What about the walls, roof covering, roof timber, windows, doors, electrical, plumbing, plastering, painting, ceiling, tiling, septic tank/soakaway pit, manholes, fence, gate...etc, etc.

Even if your oga will act as the bricklayer, carpenter, ironbender, tiler, painter, etc, N2 million won't finish it.

I used about N2 million for foundation for my own bungalow and BQ in Abuja, though cement was high as at then & the terrain was slopy, thus requiring more blocks than if it were on a level ground.

BTW - I'm a Quantity Surveyor, so I know a lot about construction costs. Don't be deceived by those who say its possible. You will only start the project and stop abruptly when you realise funds are finished without going far. Realistically, by direct labor, N5million is more acceptable, depending on design and specs. - 08188211300

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Nov 13, 2015
-
Re: Is It Possible To Build A 3 Bedroom Flat With N2million? by darelar(m): 11:03pm On Nov 13, 2015
If you have building idea, you might go far with it. Because there area that they can't cheat you if you have idea. Hope the tippers or truck can drop material's on the site, without extra cost for shipping

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lettings @ Ketu, Magodo, River Valley, Ojota, Omole ph2, Gbagada, Anthony etc / Cost Of Fence On 1 Plot Of Land / Nigerians Can Now Own Houses With N30,000 — Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.