Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,088 members, 7,807,250 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:37 AM

Vow To Allah - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Vow To Allah (796 Views)

Let's Go To Allah Before We Will Return To Allah. / I Made A Promise To ALLAH (s.w.t) But Want To Break It / Share Your Unforgettable Experience(s) That Brought You Closer To Allah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vow To Allah by yetunsbay(m): 10:00am On Nov 14, 2015
Wa salamu alaikum. In sha Allah I want views & opinions of our humble ustaz on this matter. A muslimah got dumped at the initial stage of admissn in higher institutn but the man "vowed to Allah" never to go back to her again .(thou never knew wot came over him to do such).
Now, he's a graduate but still discover he got feelings backed Islamically for this same Muslimah. Can he go back and find the lady & fulfil his heart desire(nikkah) not forgetting he had "vowed". Is it Islamically advisable or let's say permissible. Jazakumllah Khairan
Re: Vow To Allah by kazlaw2000: 2:49pm On Nov 14, 2015
That's why the prophet(SAW) warned against anger. I checked islamqa.info for the answer and it is that it is permissible, (all other things being equal) for the brother to go back but he has to make expiation (kaffaarah) for his vow. Narrated by Imam Muslim in Hadiith 1650 from Abu Hurayrah that the holy Prophet (SAW) said 'whoever swears an oath and sees something better than it, let him do that which is better and let him offer expiation (kaffaarah) for the oath. The kaffaarah is for him to feed ten needy people or cloth then or free a believing slave. if he can't do these,then he should fast for three days Q5:89

1 Like

Re: Vow To Allah by dragnet: 5:14pm On Nov 14, 2015
yetunsbay:
Wa salamu alaikum. In sha Allah I want views & opinions of our humble ustaz on this matter. A muslimah got dumped at the initial stage of admissn in higher institutn but the man "vowed to Allah" never to go back to her again .(thou never knew wot came over him to do such).
Now, he's a graduate but still discover he got feelings backed Islamically for this same Muslimah. Can he go back and find the lady & fulfil his heart desire(nikkah) not forgetting he had "vowed". Is it Islamically advisable or let's say permissible. Jazakumllah Khairan

e. ..er. .erm Bros, na you abi? grin
Re: Vow To Allah by dragnet: 5:15pm On Nov 14, 2015
...make e sha prepare for payback because d sister sef fit do replay for am. wink
Re: Vow To Allah by yetunsbay(m): 5:16pm On Nov 14, 2015
kazlaw2000:
That's why the prophet(SAW) warned against anger. I checked islamqa.info for the answer and it is that it is permissible, (all other things being equal) for the brother to go back but he has to make expiation (kaffaarah) for his vow. Narrated by Imam Muslim in Hadiith 1650 from Abu Hurayrah that the holy Prophet (SAW) said 'whoever swears an oath and sees something better than it, let him do that which is better and let him offer expiation (kaffaarah) for the oath. The kaffaarah is for him to feed ten needy people or cloth then or free a believing slave. if he can't do these,then he should fast for three days Q5:89
Jazakumullah Khairan
Re: Vow To Allah by yetunsbay(m): 5:20pm On Nov 14, 2015
dragnet:
...make e sha prepare for payback because d sister sef fit do replay for am. wink
I believe with clear understanding she wouldn't do such. u think otherwise?
Re: Vow To Allah by dragnet: 5:29pm On Nov 14, 2015
yetunsbay:
I believe with clear understanding she wouldn't do such. u think otherwise?

I have no right to think but she may have better options or may even hold a grudge.
Re: Vow To Allah by yetunsbay(m): 5:37pm On Nov 14, 2015
dragnet:

I have no right to think but she may have better options or may even hold a grudge.
most definitely that will be kept in mind

(1) (Reply)

It remains two Months to MOULUD.Can someone tell me its authenticity in Islam? / London's Mayor Says Residents Should Join In Ramadan Fasts / Does Islam Promote Violence?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.