Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,298 members, 7,780,702 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:00 PM

If You Want To Relocate Beyond Black Africa: My Advices. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / If You Want To Relocate Beyond Black Africa: My Advices. (921 Views)

I Am In Dilemma, Do We Relocate To Canada Or Stay Back / What Motivates Diasporans To Relocate Back To Nigeria? / Switzerland Offers Illegal Nigerian Migrants $6,500 Each To Relocate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Want To Relocate Beyond Black Africa: My Advices. by eddy1977(m): 1:47pm On May 18, 2009
Dear all
from my experience, i have come to beleive that the best place for us africans of subsaharan descent when choosing to relocate is the land that is controlled by caucasians of european descent. its obvious that white people regardless of the race card, will eventually live peacefully with us. the kind of racism you meet in non white countries is way different. for example in asian and arab (even northern africa) countries,your very presence there is a national concern. so if u r serious about relocating, remember these advices: choose pure white countries. you may encounter difficulties to penetrate but before sunset you will smile. stay away from the rest.

now the floor is open. whats your take on this.
Re: If You Want To Relocate Beyond Black Africa: My Advices. by blackspade(m): 7:52pm On May 18, 2009
Pure white? What about Ukraine? Russia? Romania?
Re: If You Want To Relocate Beyond Black Africa: My Advices. by anez247(m): 8:37pm On May 18, 2009
@eddy1977 i perfectly agree with you.for instance here in Romania,the citizens worry less about your skin colour except in cases of language barriers.
they are quite more accomodating and care-free people.once you show some interest in their culture like the language, for sure you dont have a problem at all.
@blackspade i wont say so for Ukraine,the couple of times i've been in Ukraine the news and mere fear within the black communities about the so-called "SKIN HEADS" whom act due to their low level of exposure and i donno, maybe it might be same in Russia,
Re: If You Want To Relocate Beyond Black Africa: My Advices. by eddy1977(m): 7:39am On May 19, 2009
blackspade:

Pure white? What about Ukraine? Russia? Romania?

like i said: the race card will be played at some point. but it is no brainer,closure will be reached. in the case of romania, its no secret that the romanian society has become very accepting. i dont know about russia yet; but many east european countries have opened largely their gates of acceptance towards us blacks;
they always soften up when you can speak their language; and in addition if you are single and marry one of them,they love it. blacks who achieve things in those countries, quickly rise to stardom. i have countless of names on my repertoire. thanks.
Re: If You Want To Relocate Beyond Black Africa: My Advices. by eddy1977(m): 7:51am On May 19, 2009
anez247:

@eddy1977 i perfectly agree with you.for instance here in Romania,the citizens worry less about your skin colour except in cases of language barriers.
they are quite more accomodating and care-free people.once you show some interest in their culture like the language, for sure you dont have a problem at all.
@blackspade i wont say so for Ukraine,the couple of times i've been in Ukraine the news and mere fear within the black communities about the so-called "SKIN HEADS" whom act due to their low level of exposure and i donno, maybe it might be same in Russia,

Thanks dear
even in the usa and the uk; once you co-mingle with them and learn their ways and adapt to their culture, you become one of them easily. the difficulty lies when we relocate to these countries and try to suck them dry and turn around to criticizes them,hate them, and distance ourselves them. even in racist germany and holland, you find that blacks in small villages and towns of pure white people. but they have learned to mix up and blend without suspicion.
i think what we should do is: if you are married and have kids, allow your familly to embrace their new land;its language,its culture. if you are single inter-marry with your new country folks. create a new circle of friends around you.

once again thanks for your input.
Re: If You Want To Relocate Beyond Black Africa: My Advices. by Nobody: 8:28am On May 19, 2009
LOL, what a funny thread. i guess you havent travelled much, professor.
i would rather tell my african brothas to migrate where EACH INDIVIDUAL will feel more comfortable. if you have ever lived in Japan or China then you would know that these countries can be 100times better than the US,UK, or any european countries, IF YOU ARE THE RIGHT INDIVIDUAL. the only place in Europe that is worth mentioning here is SCANDINAVIA.
the main objective is to have something under your belt before you move to any of these countries. if you go there expecting to have the best life washing dishes then my friend, you are in for a shock. but if you go with degrees and higher education then the sky is the limit.
dont follow the trend that make people believe that because there are millions of africans in the US/UK means that its better than Asia. its just that its easier for them to move there(lanuguage wise).
the only barrier you will find in the asian country i mentioneed is the language, after that, you are in heaven BABY.
dont believe the hype!
different countries view foreigners different ways. if you go to Russia you will see a big neo nazis uprising in the last few years. as well as in the US/UK/FRANCE/ITALY ETc. i have yet to see any in Japan or China. there is racism EVERYWHERE, its all down to every individual and what they experience that will make the difference. i can tell you of thousands of episode where i was discriminated upon(in the west), i just put it as stupidity and move along with my life.
what worked for you might not work for others and vice versa.
last but not least, if you want to relocate to be an ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT then disregard my comment!!!!!
Re: If You Want To Relocate Beyond Black Africa: My Advices. by eddy1977(m): 9:25am On May 19, 2009
MRbrownJAY:

LOL, what a funny thread. i guess you havent travelled much, professor.
i would rather tell my african brothas to migrate where EACH INDIVIDUAL will feel more comfortable. if you have ever lived in Japan or China then you would know that these countries can be 100times better than the US,UK, or any european countries, IF YOU ARE THE RIGHT INDIVIDUAL. the only place in Europe that is worth mentioning here is SCANDINAVIA.
the main objective is to have something under your belt before you move to any of these countries. if you go there expecting to have the best life washing dishes then my friend, you are in for a shock. but if you go with degrees and higher education then the sky is the limit.
dont follow the trend that make people believe that because there are millions of africans in the US/UK means that its better than Asia. its just that its easier for them to move there(lanuguage wise).
the only barrier you will find in the asian country i mentioneed is the language, after that, you are in heaven BABY.
dont believe the hype!
different countries view foreigners different ways. if you go to Russia you will see a big neo nazis uprising in the last few years. as well as in the US/UK/FRANCE/ITALY ETc. i have yet to see any in Japan or China. there is racism EVERYWHERE, its all down to every individual and what they experience that will make the difference. i can tell you of thousands of episode where i was discriminated upon(in the west), i just put it as stupidity and move along with my life.
what worked for you might not work for others and vice versa.
last but not least, if you want to relocate to be an ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT then disregard my comment!!!!!

i agree with that comment in red: its not good to be an illegal immigrant. not only in the west but anywhere beyond the borders of your homeland. as far as racism, i would say that humans against humans is the curse that we bear; discrimination is everywhere even inside our own country; tribe against tribe.
i dont know if you live in asia but i have been to japan myself (osaka,tokyo,kyoto) and my friends who live there are married to japanese women and have children. they travel often back and forth to visit me here in the usa. even though they live good and are well settled, they still would like to get out of there to either go back home or better move westward.
like you said: what works for me might not work for others; so everyone has a choice which cant be over ruled; but a free advice is not forbidden.

like you said that scandinavia is one of the best destination; there i totally agree with you because scandinavia falls under the category of destination i advice.

by the way i appreciate you calling me proffesor even though i am not one ( but i think you meant well). as far as travelling, there is no need bragging about where my feet have trampled; my job has required me to attend a few conferences around.

i also started by working dirty jobs; real nasty ( nursing homes if you know what i mean), but the money was clean and God helped me work my way through education and graduate.

thanks .
Re: If You Want To Relocate Beyond Black Africa: My Advices. by Nobody: 9:55am On May 19, 2009
eddy1977:

i agree with that comment in red: its not good to be an illegal immigrant. not only in the west but anywhere beyond the borders of your homeland.  as far as racism, i would say that humans against humans is the curse that we bear; discrimination is everywhere even inside our own country; tribe against tribe.
i dont know if you live in asia but i have been to japan myself (osaka,tokyo,kyoto) and my friends who live there are married to japanese women and have children.  they travel often back and forth to visit me here in the usa. even though they live good and are well settled, they still would like to get out of there to either go back home or better move westward.
like you said: what works for me might not work for others; so everyone has a choice which cant be over ruled; but a free advice is not forbidden.

like you said that scandinavia is one of the best destination; there i totally agree with you  because scandinavia falls under the category of destination i advice. 

by the way  i appreciate you calling me proffesor even though i am not one ( but i think you meant well). as far as travelling, there is no need bragging about where my feet have trampled; my job has required me to attend a few conferences around.

i also started by working dirty jobs; real nasty ( nursing homes if you know what i mean), but the money was clean and God helped me work my way through education and graduate.

thanks .

dont worry, professor was meant in a good way.

i have LIVED in JAPAN/CHINA. so i only speak with my own views of the country and will recommend JAPAN to anyone before the US or UK.
as for you friends in Japan, people will always feel homesick and want to go back home just like nigerians in the US might want to go back home. one of the problem that face the brothas in asia is that there are not so many of us therefore you might feel alone(if you dont mix with the locals).
have you ever asked your friends living in Japan if they had experienced racism? (apart from the usual older generation parents)
i have never been targeted in Asia for racism, in China, you get the odd look but its mostly because they havent seen a black man rather than they hating you. of course we should not forget the propaganda that the chinese government had in place back in the days against us  (blacks AND whites). the new generation of chinese is slowly waking up and opening their eyes to us and understanding that we are far from the devils we used to be known before. unfortunately some of our "black" brothers are going to these places ruining it by selling drugs and what not and making people who dont have much contacts with blacks, step back!
i know MANY nigerians who would say that China is shit and that chinese people run to other countries to make money and be happy bla bla bla but the fact is that the poor illiterate chinese guy coming from some poor village WILL run to other countries to do dish washing and survive because , IF YOU AINT GOT AN EDUCATION in china, you are fukced! but it doesnt mean that its harder for us foreigners too.there are plenty of educated chinese looking for good work, many companies will rather have an educated foreigner that speaks chinese AND english rather than a chinese person. most chinese companies have to do business with the west and most big western companies can be found in China employing masses of foreigners. so if you have an education AND speak chinese then finding a job shouldnt be difficult. having a job is the stepping stone to a better life anywhere in the world.
now, many of our brothas go to China expecting to have a life going there with NO EDUCATION, therefore putting themselves on the same level as poor chinese mogrant workers who generally run away from the country. there is 1billion+ chinese people over there, whoever thinks of going there then  should make sure that they have a safe plan and higher EDUCATION!!!!!!
chinese migrants get paid 100€/month if thats what africans want then they should try the illegal route and put themselves on the same level as chinese migrants worker. the same chinese migrant workers who NOW come to countries like Angola and make 3TIMES what they are making in China!!!

check this video: http://current.com/items/89565630_chinatown-africa.htm
Re: If You Want To Relocate Beyond Black Africa: My Advices. by tpiah: 10:33pm On May 20, 2009
eddy1977:

Dear all
from my experience, i have come to beleive that the best place for us africans of subsaharan descent when choosing to relocate is the land that is controlled by caucasians of european descent. its obvious that white people regardless of the race card, will eventually live peacefully with us. the kind of racism you meet in non white countries is way different. for example in asian and arab (even northern africa) countries,your very presence there is a national concern. so if u r serious about relocating, remember these advices: choose pure white countries. you may encounter difficulties to penetrate but before sunset you will smile. stay away from the rest.

now the floor is open. whats your take on this.

Maybe what you mean to say is ex-colonial countries which have a known history of interacting with blacks.

That covers most of Europe and the US which didnt colonize Africa but still has African interests in any case.

(1) (Reply)

Badagry Cultural Festival 2011 Fun & Tour Package For Couples (july 30-aug 6th) / Editorial - Procuring The Us Visa / Hotel Needed Place....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.