Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,394 members, 7,800,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:59 AM

Jihad, Terrorism And Suicide Bombing: The Classical Islamic Perspective - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Jihad, Terrorism And Suicide Bombing: The Classical Islamic Perspective (7311 Views)

5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective / Well Done Boys! Keep Bombing The Pipelines! / 17 Revealing Facts About Suicide Bombers And Suicide Bombing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jihad, Terrorism And Suicide Bombing: The Classical Islamic Perspective by Volksfuhrer(m): 12:56pm On Nov 15, 2015
Jihadists have low self esteem: the very reason they are consumed by hate!
Re: Jihad, Terrorism And Suicide Bombing: The Classical Islamic Perspective by Rilwayne001: 1:17pm On Nov 15, 2015
smiley
Re: Jihad, Terrorism And Suicide Bombing: The Classical Islamic Perspective by mu2sa2: 1:24pm On Nov 15, 2015
jamalsky:
No matter what anyone says,this their Islam is never a religion of peace,just a bunch of bloodsucking evil nuisances. I just wish the religion can be eliminated, these fanatics have brought so much crisis all the world over,wickedness runs in their veins,I pray we defeat them in out world.To hell with the religion of violence .In God we trust.
And the answer to bigots like you is, no matter what you say lslam is what Muslims say it is, not what terrorists propagate.

2 Likes

Re: Jihad, Terrorism And Suicide Bombing: The Classical Islamic Perspective by Promzyunique(m): 2:14pm On Nov 15, 2015
Gods judgement will fall on u ppl, soon @ Isis
Re: Jihad, Terrorism And Suicide Bombing: The Classical Islamic Perspective by Csami(m): 2:16pm On Nov 15, 2015
Fvcking terrorists sympathizers.
Re: Jihad, Terrorism And Suicide Bombing: The Classical Islamic Perspective by ojsquare: 4:15pm On Nov 15, 2015
stonecoldcafe:
Good enough. This is the first time I am reading such. Its quite sad but I've always felt most muslims never had an answer for such so nice to read this. By the way, why don't I hear more of this from muslim clerics, followers on say Nigerian TV?

Thanks to the guy who mentioned this thread.

listen and watch more. I've listened to over 100 sermons that'll tell you killing is a sin in Islam. Allah values life a lot. Even when killing animals you are supposed to do it compassionately and never forget to say Bismillah Allahu Akbar. If God values animal life as much as that, why will he now say we should kill humans. So please listen to more preaching by Islamic clerics and you'll hear them saying it.
Re: Jihad, Terrorism And Suicide Bombing: The Classical Islamic Perspective by stonecoldcafe: 4:38pm On Nov 15, 2015
ojsquare:

listen and watch more. I've listened to over 100 sermons that'll tell you killing is a sin in Islam. Allah values life a lot. Even when killing animals you are supposed to do it compassionately and never forget to say Bismillah Allahu Akbar. If God values animal life as much as that, why will he now say we should kill humans. So please listen to more preaching by Islamic clerics and you'll hear them saying it.

On national TV, i'm talking local television in Nigeria, NTA, AIT, Silverbird awon local stations. I'm talking condemnation by their clerics and co. I don't stay in the northern part of Nigeria so i can't say the kind of propaganda Federal Government is using to condemn those actions and dissuade people from doing them. Here in the south other than saying people should be vigilant and report strange events and co I don't hear their people condemning it and explaining stuff. Even here on Nairaland, I don't see them come out en mass and condemning such act. I feel there is this wall of silence when such happens. Instead I see them come out to protect their religion when others are questioning the religion and talking anyhow after such heinous crimes. That is fair enough and I can imagine wanting to protect your faith if it's being bashed but I hardly ever see them condemning these actions in itself. I'm just being honest, this is one of the first threads i'm seeing with islamic scriptures (or whatever this op has quoted) and I feel really bad that this topic didn't even make front page.
Re: Jihad, Terrorism And Suicide Bombing: The Classical Islamic Perspective by ojsquare: 5:23pm On Nov 15, 2015
stonecoldcafe:

On national TV, i'm talking local television in Nigeria, NTA, AIT, Silverbird awon local stations. I'm talking condemnation by their clerics and co. I don't stay in the northern part of Nigeria so i can't say the kind of propaganda Federal Government is using to condemn those actions and dissuade people from doing them. Here in the south other than saying people should be vigilant and report strange events and co I don't hear their people condemning it and explaining stuff. Even here on Nairaland, I don't see them come out en mass and condemning such act. I feel there is this wall of silence when such happens. Instead I see them come out to protect their religion when others are questioning the religion and talking anyhow after such heinous crimes. That is fair enough and I can imagine wanting to protect your faith if it's being bashed but I hardly ever see them condemning these actions in itself. I'm just being honest, this is one of the first threads i'm seeing with islamic scriptures (or whatever this op has quoted) and I feel really bad that this topic didn't even make front page.

First of all I don't stay in the north. I stay in Lagos, I'm a yoruba and a Muslim as well. I appreciate your honesty. I also know that we need to do more and find a way to stop these terrorists from staining Islam. It's a hard thing to do and I don't even have a single clue how to go about it. But 1 thing I would have love is people to stop copying verses and wrong interpretation from Google and thinking they are proving a point. You can buy a translated Quran, read from cover to cover. If Allah says kill in a verse, he didn't say kill the innocent. Why not read the verse above it & also the one below. So as to know what the whole surat or chapter is talking about. Instead of hammering on one point that says kill. Do not kill. It's as simple as that. May Allah S.W.T save us all and help us stop terrorism. All those stations you mentioned air too less Islamic programs. Watch Islamic channels on cables and you'll see what I'm saying.

1 Like

Re: Jihad, Terrorism And Suicide Bombing: The Classical Islamic Perspective by godox2(m): 8:00pm On Nov 15, 2015
owolawee:
How would someone just go to a place and start shooting randomly claiming it's for God? How duz he kno whether the people he is attacking are believers or not? ? Duznt make sense. May God protect islam and Muslims from evil reputation. Nd for y'all who are quick to start sayin Muslims are savages and all, why don't u stop listening to people and seek knowledge instead? By taking a Quran and reading it urselvs?? From beginning to end? Surely u shud know these killings are ridiculous.

Did the Quran said, He should kill unbeliever or to preach to him?
Re: Jihad, Terrorism And Suicide Bombing: The Classical Islamic Perspective by stonecoldcafe: 8:13pm On Nov 15, 2015
ojsquare:

First of all I don't stay in the north. I stay in Lagos, I'm a yoruba and a Muslim as well. I appreciate your honesty. I also know that we need to do more and find a way to stop these terrorists from staining Islam. It's a hard thing to do and I don't even have a single clue how to go about it. But 1 thing I would have love is people to stop copying verses and wrong interpretation from Google and thinking they are proving a point. You can buy a translated Quran, read from cover to cover. If Allah says kill in a verse, he didn't say kill the innocent. Why not read the verse above it & also the one below. So as to know what the whole surat or chapter is talking about. Instead of hammering on one point that says kill. Do not kill. It's as simple as that. May Allah S.W.T save us all and help us stop terrorism. All those stations you mentioned air too less Islamic programs. Watch Islamic channels on cables and you'll see what I'm saying.

Very mature reply. God bless you bro. Have a good week ahead.
Re: Jihad, Terrorism And Suicide Bombing: The Classical Islamic Perspective by Junior66(m): 7:51am On Nov 16, 2015
owolawee:
How would someone just go to a place and start shooting randomly claiming it's for God? How duz he kno whether the people he is attacking are believers or not? ? Duznt make sense. May God protect islam and Muslims from evil reputation. Nd for y'all who are quick to start sayin Muslims are savages and all, why don't u stop listening to people and seek knowledge instead? By taking a Quran and reading it urselvs?? From beginning to end? Surely u shud know these killings are ridiculous.
readint the quran does not help because there are even worse absurdities inside. if one read d quran he will not be surprised by d current happenings.
Re: Jihad, Terrorism And Suicide Bombing: The Classical Islamic Perspective by walepinna(m): 7:58am On Nov 16, 2015
ucheuzor1:
I was once reading about mohammed and I saw that it wae!actually mohammed that taught about this jihad or Holy war...The muslim leaders never accepted it initially, but it was the Same mohammed that used force in some cases massarcering a whole city just to ensure that his course is accepted... they had no option than to give in under duress from mohammed... He bamboozled them that anyone that dies during this devilish Holy war is entitled to about 70 virgins if am not mistaken.. That is the killing u are seeing everyday from muslim terrorists... mohammed is the founding father

Kindly provide prove of all what u are saying, i want to learn...
Google the internet and give me quotes of where Muhammad massacre a whole town.
Re: Jihad, Terrorism And Suicide Bombing: The Classical Islamic Perspective by Junior66(m): 7:58am On Nov 16, 2015
Johnsonpa:
the most unfortunate thing in the world today is gullibility on the part of youth who are supposed to be inquisitive about knowledge but rather they subject themselves to all sots of hateful threads they read on the internet or listen to from natural haters of Islam. my belief is that if you wish to know about islam , go and read Quran from genesis to revelation then you will know that all the activities of terrorism may be as a result of gullibility on the part of some Muslims or creation of confusions from other religions to sabotage widespread of Islam... call me names at your own peril...
when will u stop blaming other religions for all the problems within your islam? Wen will u grow up and start taking responsibily??
Re: Jihad, Terrorism And Suicide Bombing: The Classical Islamic Perspective by kindredspirit(m): 11:56am On Nov 16, 2015
walepinna:

Kindly provide prove of all what u are saying, i want to learn...
Google the internet and give me quotes of where Muhammad massacre a whole town.

Dude, don't go there.

The France incident has made a lot of people take a closer look at the Islamic religion and most people revert to the Internet to gather information. Trust me, that is the last place you would be directing anybody to give you proof on any subject.

The internet is replete with Hadith' accounts of how Muhammad waged war on defenceless peoples, forcing them to accept his new fangled religion or be put to the sword with their property taken as war spoils, their females married off to Muhammad and his warriors etc.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/muhammad/myths-mu-self-defense.htm

Now, the argument is were those wars fought by Muhammad in self defence? I think not. The accounts of Muhammad's followers quoting him makes it obvious. In Nigeria, Uthman Dan Fodio, for example, didn't proselytize peacefully in Northern Nigeria. He did so through Jihad, forcefully, just as Muhammed did.

You know, this whole business is really enlightening. Islam is made up of Moderates and extremists. Depending on what side Muslims want to swing, the scriptures provides ample justification templates to the faithful. All my friends who are Muslims are of the moderate persuasion. They populate the Southern part of Nigeria and are least likely to go into a muderous rage if, for example, their prophet is slandered. However, one cannot say the same of some in the North of Nigeria.

I have looked at the ISIS' timelines on twitter hashtag #IslamicState. You can go through it yourself and have a feel of how Islam is practiced under strict Sharia law in their Caliphate- territories in Syria and Iraq seized by ISIS. Just as Muhammad did,according to Hadith, they kill non-muslim Kafirs: the Yazidis, Kurdish Peshmergas etc in those territories and take over their homes and property.
Re: Jihad, Terrorism And Suicide Bombing: The Classical Islamic Perspective by daphid25(m): 12:36pm On Nov 16, 2015
Why would people believe muslims are terrorists?
Terrorism has no religion
Re: Jihad, Terrorism And Suicide Bombing: The Classical Islamic Perspective by walepinna(m): 5:12pm On Nov 16, 2015
kindredspirit:

Dude, don't go there.

The France incident has made a lot of people take a closer look at the Islamic religion and most people revert to the Internet to gather information. Trust me, that is the last place you would be directing anybody to give you proof on any subject.

The internet is replete with Hadith' accounts of how Muhammad waged war on defenceless peoples, forcing them to accept his new fangled religion or be put to the sword with their property taken as war spoils, their females married off to Muhammad and his warriors etc.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/muhammad/myths-mu-self-defense.htm

Now, the argument is were those wars fought by Muhammad in self defence? I think not. The accounts of Muhammad's followers quoting him makes it obvious. In Nigeria, Uthman Dan Fodio, for example, didn't proselytize peacefully in Northern Nigeria. He did so through Jihad, forcefully, just as Muhammed did.

You know, this whole business is really enlightening. Islam is made up of Moderates and extremists. Depending on what side Muslims want to swing, the scriptures provides ample justification templates to the faithful. All my friends who are Muslims are of the moderate persuasion. They populate the Southern part of Nigeria and are least likely to go into a muderous rage if, for example, their prophet is slandered. However, one cannot say the same of some in the North of Nigeria.

I have looked at the ISIS' timelines on twitter hashtag #IslamicState. You can go through it yourself and have a feel of how Islam is practiced under strict Sharia law in their Caliphate- territories in Syria and Iraq seized by ISIS. Just as Muhammad did,according to Hadith, they kill non-muslim Kafirs: the Yazidis, Kurdish Peshmergas etc in those territories and take over their homes and property.

On a sincere note, i appreciate all what you have said and i understand u and if i were not a muslim, i would react the same way.
I am a muslim but not an extremist and i understand my religion...
Let me ask you a question abt the link you provided....What is a Myth?
If u can give me the sincere description of a myth and then relate it to the link i will appreciate it. SINCERELY!

Also, i will say that it is stated in the Quran that

“Whoever kills a person [unjustly]…it is as though he has killed all mankind. And whoever saves a life, it is as though he had saved all mankind.” (Qur’an, 5:32)

So all i will say is that what those people called ISIS or Al-qaeda or boko haram or whosoever they are, are not doing it for the sake of Allah(God).

Jihad means fighting for the course of God.
Christians fought for the sake of God...http://www.answering-christianity.com/jihad_in_bible.htm

So if it says in the Quran that if u kill an innocent soul, its like u have killed all mankind and someone went ahead and killed innocent people at a concert, please is that person a true muslim? Is that person following the teachings of the Quran?

Finally, sharia is not meant to make muslims seem wicked, sharia is meant to bring in sense of decorum. Kindly ask an unbiased christian lawyer about sharia, and see whether sharia is any different from any law of the land...

If you steal, they say cut of the arm that he/she use to steal...If that is implemented, please y would u want to steal?

Who is worse, those doing jungle justice and setting a thief ablaze or cutting the hand that steals...

DONT GET ME WRONG....I AM NOT SAYING SHARIA SHOULD BE IMPLEMENTED ALL OVER...I AM JUST SAYING ITS A LAW JUST LIKE ANY OTHER LAW.
Re: Jihad, Terrorism And Suicide Bombing: The Classical Islamic Perspective by rabol(m): 1:18pm On Nov 17, 2015
neocortex:

It is simple, most choose to be human first before being a muslim,
also most care less about what the quran says in relation to the society.

How would you know this? Did you "enter" their minds before arriving at this conclusion?

And BTW, no one disregards Quranic info and still claims to be a muslim. Matter of fact, peaceful muslims are peaceful because they are the real adherents of Quranic teachings.

Thank you
Re: Jihad, Terrorism And Suicide Bombing: The Classical Islamic Perspective by LordPhoenix007: 3:48pm On Nov 17, 2015
This is so wrong.
Read the verses for yourself and stop misleading others..
You are giving a summary that suits your argument..
It's an ignorant move.
kolomax:
1. "Kill those who are not
Christains or Jewish: You must
kill those who worship another
god. Exodus 22:20
2. Kill any friend or family that
worship a god that is different
than your own. Deuteronomy
13:6-10
3. Kill all the inhabitants of any
city where you find people that
worship differently than you.
Deuteronomy 13:12-16
4. Kill everyone who has
religious views that are
different than your own.
Deuteronomy 17:2-7
5. Kill anyone who refuses to
listen to a priest. Deuteronomy
17:12-13
6. Kill any false prophets.
Deuteronomy 18:20
7. Any city that doesn’t receive
the followers of Jesus will be
destroyed in a manner even
more savage than that of
Sodom and Gomorrah. Mark
6:11
8. Matthew 10:34-36 - "Do not
think that I came to bring
peace on the earth; I did not
come to bring peace, but a
sword. 35 "For I came to set a
man against his father, and a
daughter against her mother,
and a daughter-in-lawagainst
her mother-in-law; 36 "...and a
man’s enemies will be the
members of his household."
9. Luke 12:51,52 - "Do you
suppose that I came to grant
peace on earth? I tell you, no,
but rather division; 52 "for
from now on five members in
one
household will be divided,
three against two, and two
against three..."
9. Luke 22:36- "And He said to
them, "But now, let him who
has a purse take it along,
likewise also a bag, and let him
who has no sword sell his robe
and buy one.

Re: Jihad, Terrorism And Suicide Bombing: The Classical Islamic Perspective by LordPhoenix007: 3:52pm On Nov 17, 2015
Most of the laws of old are based on misogynistic and aggressive tendencies..
The world has evolved into a civilized Era, where trial takes effect before conviction..
We should act based on civilization and reason than on irrational and erratic teachings of old.
walepinna:

On a sincere note, i appreciate all what you have said and i understand u and if i were not a muslim, i would react the same way.
I am a muslim but not an extremist and i understand my religion...
Let me ask you a question abt the link you provided....What is a Myth?
If u can give me the sincere description of a myth and then relate it to the link i will appreciate it. SINCERELY!

Also, i will say that it is stated in the Quran that

“Whoever kills a person [unjustly]…it is as though he has killed all mankind. And whoever saves a life, it is as though he had saved all mankind.” (Qur’an, 5:32)

So all i will say is that what those people called ISIS or Al-qaeda or boko haram or whosoever they are, are not doing it for the sake of Allah(God).

Jihad means fighting for the course of God.
Christians fought for the sake of God...http://www.answering-christianity.com/jihad_in_bible.htm

So if it says in the Quran that if u kill an innocent soul, its like u have killed all mankind and someone went ahead and killed innocent people at a concert, please is that person a true muslim? Is that person following the teachings of the Quran?

Finally, sharia is not meant to make muslims seem wicked, sharia is meant to bring in sense of decorum. Kindly ask an unbiased christian lawyer about sharia, and see whether sharia is any different from any law of the land...

If you steal, they say cut of the arm that he/she use to steal...If that is implemented, please y would u want to steal?

Who is worse, those doing jungle justice and setting a thief ablaze or cutting the hand that steals...

DONT GET ME WRONG....I AM NOT SAYING SHARIA SHOULD BE IMPLEMENTED ALL OVER...I AM JUST SAYING ITS A LAW JUST LIKE ANY OTHER LAW.

Re: Jihad, Terrorism And Suicide Bombing: The Classical Islamic Perspective by kolomax(m): 3:59pm On Nov 17, 2015
LordPhoenix007:
This is so wrong.
Read the verses for yourself and stop misleading others..
You are giving a summary that suits your argument..
It's an ignorant move.
I know the hypocrite among you will say another thing but using the same thing in the Quran

The question is... Those verses are they in bible or not
Re: Jihad, Terrorism And Suicide Bombing: The Classical Islamic Perspective by j1mmy: 5:18pm On Nov 18, 2015
1, The writer is either a brainwashed fool or a LIAR.
If he is a LIAR then Islam actually permits Lying
Question: Are Muslims permitted to lie?
Qur'an (16:106) - Establishes that there are circumstances that can "compel" a Muslim to tell a lie.
Qur'an (3:28) - This verse tells Muslims not to take those outside the faith as friends, unless it is to "guard themselves" against danger, meaning that there are times when a Muslim may appear friendly to non-Muslims, though they should not feel that way..
Bukhari (49:857) - "He who makes peace between the people by inventing good information or saying good things, is not a liar." Lying is permitted when the end justifies the means.
Bukhari (84:64-65) - Speaking from a position of power at the time, Ali confirms that lying is permissible in order to deceive an "enemy."
Now, let’s check what you sent:

Topic: “Islam is a religion which has never been spread by the sword”
-My response: Explain apostasy; explain what happens when someone leaves Islam?
-What do the Koran and Hadith say about a Muslim leaving the religion of Islam?
He who disbelieves in Allah after his having believed, not he who is compelled while his heart is at rest on account of faith, but he who opens (his) breast to disbelief-- on these is the wrath of Allah, and they shall have a grievous chastisement.— Quran 16:106
Allah's Apostle said, "The blood of a Muslim who confesses that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and that I am His Apostle, cannot be shed except in three cases: In Qisas for murder, a married person who commits illegal sexual intercourse and the one who reverts from Islam (apostate) and leaves the Muslims." — Sahih al-Bukhari, 9:83:17

-Even if you are a moderate Muslim it is impossible not be a part of the violence, either by connivance, silence or moral support.

Islam Means 'Peace'
-UNeducated Muslims sometimes claim that the word of Islam is “al-Salaam,” which is “peace” in Arabic
-An Arabic word only has one root. The root word for Islam is “al-Silm,” which means “submission” or “surrender.” There is no disagreement about this among Arabic or Islamic scholars. al-Silm (submission) does not mean the same thing as al-Salaam (peace), otherwise they would be the same word.

"Muhammad was a peaceful man who taught his followers to be the same. Muslims lived peacefully for centuries, fighting only in self-defense"
-Muhammad organized 65 military campaigns in the last ten years of his life and personally led 27 of them. The more power that he attained, the smaller the excuse needed to go to battle, until finally he began attacking tribes merely because they were not yet part of his growing empire.

-The holy texts of Islam are saturated with verses of violence and hatred toward unbelievers (kafir)
Quran (3:56) - "As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help."
Quran (3:151) - "Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority".

There are over 100 verses in the Koran and hadith on what Muslims must do with unbelievers.

Muslims are only peaceful when they are in minority, but when they attain the upper hand they are EXACTLY like Mohammed.
Osama Bin Laden, and Abu Musab Al-Zaqawi were exactly like Mohammed. If Mohammed was alive today, a jet will drop a bomb on his head because he will infact be a terrorist today as he was during his reign.

You can fool stupid Nigerians who buy jets for pastors and imams, not me!
Re: Jihad, Terrorism And Suicide Bombing: The Classical Islamic Perspective by samfibby(m): 6:38am On Nov 20, 2015
The problem with islam is that most muslims dont love themselves; the sunnis and shites that constitute majority of muslims are always at each others jugular. Iran hates iraq, iran hates saudi arabia. Every arm of islam wants dominance over the other.

Why are the rich muslim nations like saudi arabia, UAE, Qatar not taking as much refugees as the west is doing. Who should rise up to defend and accomodate its fellow muslim brother in times of war like this.

Why are muslims all over the world eager to protest against the burning of the quran or inciting of anti islamic comments, but will not hold a gathering to condemn the evil perpetuated by a few deranged ones? To say the truth, before the advent of islamic terrorism, islam was the most attractive religion to those looking to move closer to god and practise religion. But today, the bad eggs are really tarnishing its image while the good hearted muslims just sit back and do nothing. I wish muslims all over the world would rise up for humanity and hold rallies worldwide protesting and rejecting islamic terrorism.
Re: Jihad, Terrorism And Suicide Bombing: The Classical Islamic Perspective by Nobody: 12:18pm On Nov 20, 2015
Cc lalasticlala
Re: Jihad, Terrorism And Suicide Bombing: The Classical Islamic Perspective by LordPhoenix007: 8:22am On Dec 15, 2015
I don't read the Quran..
But, when I saw your post.. I took my bible to see for myself..
You summarized for yourself what you wanted as to prove your point..
What I saw was totally different from what you posted..
I guess we understand things differently, and that's where the problem with this world lies..
kolomax:
I know the hypocrite among you will say another thing but using the same thing in the Quran

The question is... Those verses are they in bible or not

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EFCC Secures Conviction Of 41 Internet Fraudsters In Oyo, Ogun / 87 Yrs Old Man Caught Having Sex With 12 Yrs Old Girl / Supreme Court Sentences A PHCN Staff To Death By Hanging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.