Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,786 members, 7,806,178 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:32 PM

Is Nissan Sunny A Good Buy For A Student - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is Nissan Sunny A Good Buy For A Student (4087 Views)

Where Is Nissan CVT Oil NS-1 Oil Available In Nigeria or Elsewhere Now? / How Economic Is Nissan Maxima / Please Advice: What Car Should I Buy For Mom ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Nissan Sunny A Good Buy For A Student by Promxy94(m): 9:21pm On Nov 14, 2015
Please I want to inquire for a friend of mine wants to buy a car, for school movement, because of his health....
He has seen a Nigerian used 2005 Nissan sunny, and I want to know, if it's a good car, that is not problematic....
Please gurus in the house your advice is needed...
Re: Is Nissan Sunny A Good Buy For A Student by Nobody: 1:00am On Nov 15, 2015
its a cool car
Re: Is Nissan Sunny A Good Buy For A Student by FlyboyZee: 3:13pm On Nov 15, 2015
Promxy94:
Please I want to inquire for a friend of mine wants to buy a car, for school movement, because of his health....
He has seen a Nigerian used 2005 Nissan sunny, and I want to know, if it's a good car, that is not problematic....
Any car being used as a taxi in your area/location is a good buy anyday anytime. Please, help your friend check if that Nissan Sunny is among the favorite cars for taxi where he intends to use it. That would guarantee availability of parts and ample manpower to help him fix the car if issues turn up. Did I forget about fuel economy? Lol...

1 Like

Re: Is Nissan Sunny A Good Buy For A Student by princeogbeide1(m): 8:20am On Nov 16, 2015
But Nissan products such as the Sunny! Almera and premerers are not fitted with a solid enjine. The engine of these products are almost similar, there are aluminum in nature and cannot withstand changing of gasket, in most cases when the gasket get burnt as a result of one or two radiating issues, the engine ought to be replaced completely to avoid further problems. still @ that this engine have a limited speed, their top cylinder can burst when you roughly accelerate on a very high speed. casually, it can be manageable when you carefully handle it.
Re: Is Nissan Sunny A Good Buy For A Student by umbo: 8:25am On Nov 16, 2015
princeogbeide1:
But Nissan products such as the Sunny! Almera and premerers are not fitted with a solid enjine. The engine of these products are almost similar, there are aluminum in nature and cannot withstand changing of gasket, in most cases when the gasket get burnt as a result of one or two radiating issues, the engine ought to be replaced completely to avoid further problems. still @ that this engine have a limited speed, their top cylinder can burst when you roughly accelerate on a very high speed. casually, it can be manageable when you carefully handle it.
lies from botomless pit

4 Likes

Re: Is Nissan Sunny A Good Buy For A Student by Yababoy(m): 10:54am On Nov 16, 2015
Promxy94:
`
I have a 2010 Nissan Sunny for sale in Lagos, should your friend be interested. It's a good buy as I bought it brand new. I'm selling extremely cheap. You can reach me on 08098602104 for details.
Re: Is Nissan Sunny A Good Buy For A Student by princeogbeide1(m): 4:15pm On Nov 16, 2015
umbo:
lies from botomless pit

am talking about the 1996-2001 models of Nissan sunny, premerers and almeras that are all over the street" this cars are driven with fear". the are not rugged.

1 Like

Re: Is Nissan Sunny A Good Buy For A Student by FlyboyZee: 4:52pm On Nov 16, 2015
princeogbeide1:

am talking about the 1996-2001 models of Nissan sunny, premerers and almeras that are all over the street" this cars are driven with fear". the are not rugged.
Big fat lie.

I used to own a 1999/2000 Nissan Primera SE with a 2.0i engine mated to an automatic transmission. I used it for over 2 years before selling it off. I never had any engine or transmission issues with it. The reasons I sold it was because it was slow for me as I like fast cars being an Honda guy and also that I have used it for more than 2 years (I'm a high car turnover guy).

I had also owned the 2005 Nissan Almera Tino with a 1.8l engine mated to an automatic transmission which I also sold because of its drag. It was really a big bore driving that car men! If I complained of the Primera being slow, then I can comfortably say the Almera Tino doesn't move at all.

I never had any engine problems with any of these cars. Moreover, almost all car engines today are made of aluminum and that includes the speed machines made by the BMWs, the MBs, the Porsche, Ferraris, Auston Martins, Lamborghinis, etc. You see why we said you lie? Lol.

The Lexus, Toyotas, Hondas, Nissans, Mitsubishis, Kias, Hyundais we all drive today as I write this are all made of aluminum engines...

1 Like

Re: Is Nissan Sunny A Good Buy For A Student by princeogbeide1(m): 5:20pm On Nov 16, 2015
FlyboyZee:

Big fat lie.

I used to own a 1999/2000 Nissan Primera SE with a 2.0i engine mated to an automatic transmission. I used it for over 2 years before selling it off. I never had any engine or transmission issues with it. The reasons I sold it was because it was slow for me as I like fast cars being an Honda guy and also that I have used it for more than 2 years (I'm a high car turnover guy).

I had also owned the 2005 Nissan Almera Tino with a 1.8l engine mated to an automatic transmission which I also sold because of its drag. It was really a big bore driving that car men! If I complained of the Primera being slow, then I can comfortably say the Almera Tino doesn't move at all.

I never had any engine problems with any of these cars. Moreover, almost all car engines today are made of aluminum and that includes the speed machines made by the BMWs, the MBs, the Porsche, Ferraris, Auston Martins, Lamborghinis, etc. You see why we said you lie? Lol.

The Lexus, Toyotas, Hondas, Nissans, Mitsubishis, Kias, Hyundais we all drive today as I write this are all made of aluminum engines...

we can argue this till the end" thank God uu said the premier and Almera Tino (hatch back) do drags when uu really want them to move. All I mean is that, Nissan products are not as rugged as toyota, honder, Kia, Hyundai, or any other product of Japan. Nissan used to be strong those days when it was called the DAIHATSU of the Japanese"
Re: Is Nissan Sunny A Good Buy For A Student by Promxy94(m): 7:27pm On Nov 16, 2015
FlyboyZee:

Any car being used as a taxi in your area/location is a good buy anyday anytime. Please, help your friend check if that Nissan Sunny is among the favorite cars for taxi where he intends to use it. That would guarantee availability of parts and ample manpower to help him fix the car if issues turn up. Did I forget about fuel economy? Lol...
lols is it only taxis that have there parts everywhere
Re: Is Nissan Sunny A Good Buy For A Student by kennybabs1980: 7:32pm On Nov 16, 2015
princeogbeide1:

still a lie from the pit of hell
Re: Is Nissan Sunny A Good Buy For A Student by princeogbeide1(m): 8:29pm On Nov 16, 2015
kennybabs1980:
still a lie from the pit of hell

ok" would you compare a Nissan to a toyota?
Re: Is Nissan Sunny A Good Buy For A Student by FlyboyZee: 8:33pm On Nov 16, 2015
princeogbeide1:

we can argue this till the end" thank God uu said the premier and Almera Tino (hatch back) do drags when uu really want them to move. All I mean is that, Nissan products are not as rugged as toyota, honder, Kia, Hyundai, or any other product of Japan. Nissan used to be strong those days when it was called the DAIHATSU of the Japanese"

Daihatsu is not related to Nissan, please...

I guess you were referring to Datsun which is an automobile brand owned by Nissan. Datsun's original production run began in 1931. From 1958 to 1986, only vehicles exported by Nissan were identified as Datsun. In 1986, Nissan phased out the Datsun name but re-launched it in 2013 as the brand for low-cost vehicles manufactured for emerging markets.

Daihatsu is related to Toyota.
Daihatsu was formed in 1951 as a successor to Hatsudoki Seizo Co. Ltd, founded in 1907, as part of Hatsudoki's major restructure. During the 1960s, Daihatsu began exporting its range to Europe where it did not have major sales success until well into the 1980s. Since February 1992, Toyota distributes Daihatsu models as part of its North American distribution.
Re: Is Nissan Sunny A Good Buy For A Student by princeogbeide1(m): 8:48pm On Nov 16, 2015
FlyboyZee:

Daihatsu is not related to Nissan, please...

I guess you were referring to Datsun.
Datsun is an automobile brand owned by Nissan. Datsun's original production run began in 1931. From 1958 to 1986, only vehicles exported by Nissan were identified as Datsun. In 1986, Nissan phased out the Datsun name but re-launched it in 2013 as the brand for low-cost vehicles manufactured for emerging markets.

Daihatsu is related to Toyota.
Daihatsu was formed in 1951 as a successor to Hatsudoki Seizo Co. Ltd, founded in 1907, as part of Hatsudoki's major restructure. Hatsudoki's formation was largely influenced by the Engineering Department's faculty of Osaka University, to develop a gasoline powered engine for small stationary power plants.

During the 1960s, Daihatsu began exporting its range to Europe where it did not have major sales success until well into the 1980s. Since February 1992, Toyota distributes Daihatsu models as part of its North American distribution.

I got the spelling wrong" cox I was having a shallow write up" am not a Japanese, xo you don't expect me to be perfect with their names" all the same can uu give a brief say about the Op's opinion of buying a Nissan sunny as a student!
Re: Is Nissan Sunny A Good Buy For A Student by FlyboyZee: 9:04pm On Nov 16, 2015
princeogbeide1:

I got the spelling wrong" cox I was having a shallow write up" am not a Japanese, xo you don't expect me to be perfect with their names" all the same can uu give a brief say about the Op's opinion of buying a Nissan sunny as a student!
Lol...

I've done that ab initio when I suggested he should look for any car being used as taxi in his locality and someone was asking me why?

1 Like

Re: Is Nissan Sunny A Good Buy For A Student by princeogbeide1(m): 9:13pm On Nov 16, 2015
FlyboyZee:

Lol...

I've done that ab initio when I suggested he should look for any car being used as taxi in his locality and someone was asking me why?

the tread is quite funny" but informative.
Re: Is Nissan Sunny A Good Buy For A Student by FlyboyZee: 9:46pm On Nov 16, 2015
princeogbeide1:

ok" would you compare a Nissan to a toyota?
Yes! I would. That's why I have owned at least 2 Nissan cars in the past as I'm not tripped by all this Toyota ish. I hate hypes...
Re: Is Nissan Sunny A Good Buy For A Student by princeogbeide1(m): 9:50pm On Nov 16, 2015
FlyboyZee:

Yes! I would. That's why I have owned at least 2 Nissan cars in the past as I'm not tripped by all this Toyota ish. I hate hypes...

You are not been realistic" you are just talking base on your little personal experience"
Re: Is Nissan Sunny A Good Buy For A Student by FlyboyZee: 9:56pm On Nov 16, 2015
princeogbeide1:

You are not been realistic" you are just talking base on your little personal experience"
Am not being realistic because I don't share that "My Toyota is Fantastique" view? LOL...

Everybody must not be a Toyota lover na. There are so many cars out there that are better than the Toyota in their class...
Re: Is Nissan Sunny A Good Buy For A Student by princeogbeide1(m): 10:35pm On Nov 16, 2015
FlyboyZee:

Am not being realistic because I don't share that "My Toyota is Fantastique" view? LOL...

Everybody must not be a Toyota lover na. There are so many cars out there that are better than the Toyota in their class...

Toyota is not titled as " the best car" among others" but it is the king of Japan automobiles. Can you give names of any Japanese product that is more ideal than toyota?
Re: Is Nissan Sunny A Good Buy For A Student by FlyboyZee: 4:21am On Nov 17, 2015
princeogbeide1:

Toyota is not titled as " the best car" among others" but it is the king of Japan automobiles. Can you give names of any Japanese product that is more ideal than toyota?
Every man to his own. What is ideal to you is crap to someone else. Stop sounding like an average Joe (no pun intended, please).

What you find ideal in a Toyota, I find ideal in an Honda and someone else finds ideal in a Nissan, while someone other blokes my find their ideal in a Mitsubishi or Mazda. I don't do generalizations. Just go to many online reviews and check the following out...

Honda City vs Nissan Sunny vsToyota Yaris Sedan
See: http://www.carbay.sa.com/en/compare/honda-city-and-nissan-sunny-and-toyota-yaris-sedan

Honda Civic (Japan) vs Toyota Corolla (Japan) vs Hyundai Elantra (Korea) vs Chevrolet Cruze (USA) vs Ford Focus (USA) vs Volks Wagen Jetta (GERMANY) vs Mazda 3 (Japan) vs Kia Forte (Korea)
See: http://www.motortrend.com/news/best-selling-compact-sedan-comparison/

Honda Accord (Japan) vs Toyota Camry (Japan) vs Nissan Altima (Japan)
See: http://www.continentalmotors.com/clp-2015-honda-accord-vs-2015-nissan-altima-vs-2015-toyota-camry

Hyundai Sonata (Korea) vs Toyota Camry (Japan) vs Mazda 6 (Japan)
See: http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/compare/?trims=11227-317626_11092-309563_11230-316983

Honda Jazz (Japan) vs Mazda 2 (Japan) vs Suzuki Swift (Japan) vs Toyota Yaris (Japan)
See: http://www.carsguide.com.au/car-reviews/2015-honda-jazz-mazda2-suzuki-swift-and-toyota-yaris-review-30652
Re: Is Nissan Sunny A Good Buy For A Student by princeogbeide1(m): 9:08am On Nov 17, 2015
[quote author=FlyboyZee post=40100769]
Every man to his own. What is ideal to you is crap to someone else. Stop sounding like an average Joe (no pun intended, please).

What you find ideal in a Toyota, I find ideal in an Honda and someone else finds ideal in a Nissan, while someone other blokes my find their ideal in a Mitsubishi or Mazda. I don't do generalizations. Just go to many online reviews and check the following out...

All this comparison are created by people having the same thinking with you. Besides it didn't gave me any hit about our discussion. And you are yet to answer my question
Re: Is Nissan Sunny A Good Buy For A Student by princeogbeide1(m): 9:08am On Nov 17, 2015
[quote author=FlyboyZee post=40100769]

All this comparisons are created by people having the same thinking with you. Besides it didn't gave me any hit about our discussion. And you are yet to answer my question
Re: Is Nissan Sunny A Good Buy For A Student by FlyboyZee: 2:40pm On Nov 17, 2015
[quote author=princeogbeide1 post=40106558][/quote]
You call MotoringTrend people having the same thinking with me? Then there is no point in going on with you. Believe what you may, think what you wish. For me a Toyota car is exactly what it is, A Toyota car and not any ish and it doesn't cut it for me. Whatever rocks your boat, Bro...

What was that your question again?
Re: Is Nissan Sunny A Good Buy For A Student by princeogbeide1(m): 3:40pm On Nov 17, 2015
FlyboyZee:

You call MotoringTrend people having the same thinking with me? Then there is no point in going on with you. Believe what you may, think what you wish. For me a Toyota car is exactly what it is, A Toyota car and not any ish and it doesn't cut it for me. Whatever rocks your boat, Bro...

What was that your question again?

I think we gonna talk more on another thread
Re: Is Nissan Sunny A Good Buy For A Student by FlyboyZee: 4:52pm On Nov 17, 2015
princeogbeide1:

I think we gonna talk more on another thread
Okay Bro, invite me over as soon as you create it, am waiting in anxiety. Lol...
Re: Is Nissan Sunny A Good Buy For A Student by princeogbeide1(m): 9:52pm On Nov 17, 2015
FlyboyZee:

Okay Bro, invite me over as soon as you create it, am waiting in anxiety. Lol...

Interesting

(1) (Reply)

So I Visited Gazzuzz's Workshop... / My Toyota Camry Headache / Review Of The 2012 Mazda Cx 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.