Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,439 members, 7,781,285 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:46 AM

Letter To Mark Zuckerberg, C.e.o Facebook. By Jaafar Jaafar - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Letter To Mark Zuckerberg, C.e.o Facebook. By Jaafar Jaafar (1372 Views)

The Unaired Part Of Mrs. Buhari's Interview By Jaafar Jaafar / The Unaired Part Of Mrs Buhari’s Interview, By Jaafar Jaafar / The Unaired Part Of Aisha Buhari's Interview, By Jaafar - Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Letter To Mark Zuckerberg, C.e.o Facebook. By Jaafar Jaafar by faragai24: 6:01am On Nov 15, 2015
Jaafar Jaafar wrote:

Letter to Mark Zuckerberg

Dear Sir,

I write to register my complaint over your company's failure to identify with Nigerians in times of tragedy, but rather chose to identify with other nations.

Sir, I don't want to believe your bias was informed by the superiority the races you often identify with.

In any of our recurring tragedies, either when we were bombed in our sanctuaries or social gatherings, Facebook never identified with Nigeria.

While my heart goes to the French over last night's terrorist attacks that led to the death of at least 120 people, I couldn't but lash at the folly of Facebook for failure to identify with Nigeria when an estimated 15,000 Nigerians were killed by terrorists in round-the-clock attacks in eight years.

I notice a smashing theme you created for your 1 billion users to use in order to identify with a particular people. You are even more effusive when you pin the banner on our doorstep for easy use.

When Boko Haram terrorists attacked Baga town in January this year, the death toll was estimated at 2,000. This never melted your company's heart to create an instant theme for your 1 billion consumers to identify with Nigeria.

Let me remind you that in a single attack on Kano city in January 2012, at least 185 lives perished, and in Bama town in February 2014, at least 120 Nigerians were massacred.

In one fell swoop in November 2014, Boko Haram bombed 220 Nigerians at a mosque in Kano city, 50 worshippers bombed at Madalla church in 2011, and in February 2014, at least 60 students were slain at a Yobe school. Your company didn't identify with us despite our loyalty to your network.

Let me also remind you that at a weekend in January 2014, terrorists' attacks on eight Borno villages left 150 dead. Facebook blinked over it – perhaps because we are not the same as the French.

On May 20, 2014, car bombs left a gory sight at Jos bus terminal and a market. 118 people were declared dead. We posted the pictures on Facebook, but you turned your eyes away.

Even #BringBackOurGirls movement, agitating for the release of 224 school girls abducted by terrorists, failed to prick the conscience of your company to identify with Nigeria. We posted every activity, every sit-out and every march on your network, but you blinked over it.

As a company to gives equal opportunity and discourages racism, I urge you to identify with not only Nigerians but Africans in their trying times.

Attached herewith are two copies of Nigerian flags for your perusal and consideration.

Best regards,

Jaafar Jaafar

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Letter To Mark Zuckerberg, C.e.o Facebook. By Jaafar Jaafar by shamack: 6:08am On Nov 15, 2015
Mark Zuckerberg- Guy una no be white now,,,,tell dangote to do that for you guys on his bag of cement or spaghetti,,,,,,have got lot of users in france than in your black nation,

NIGERIANS piss me off with their post and comment on my website,,especially your girls the've got nothing to upload than flash images

1 Like

Re: Letter To Mark Zuckerberg, C.e.o Facebook. By Jaafar Jaafar by hayodeyji(m): 6:15am On Nov 15, 2015
..it seems the Nairalanders below me don dey vex o.

we don't need Mr Mark to cover the facebook page with several bombings that has occurred here in Nigeria.
The white will always consider his brother first.
Re: Letter To Mark Zuckerberg, C.e.o Facebook. By Jaafar Jaafar by Nobody: 6:16am On Nov 15, 2015
True talk, but mark owns Facebook and he can do as he so wishes..

Do you know Nigerians are hardly shocked anymore by news of book haram bombing? You read "boko haram bombs yola, 56 killed" and it doesn't sound so shocking anymore.

I think your letter should be addressed to seun, Linda and other Nigerian bloggers and online forums to start the movement from their sites. We need to cry first for ourselves, nobody will cry for us...

Mark is right

1 Like

Re: Letter To Mark Zuckerberg, C.e.o Facebook. By Jaafar Jaafar by stanuplane(m): 6:46am On Nov 15, 2015
Mark Z clearly understands that bokoharam have not killed a single human in northern Nigeria, just good old baboons and monkeys. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Letter To Mark Zuckerberg, C.e.o Facebook. By Jaafar Jaafar by yorke1: 6:48am On Nov 15, 2015
Be right back to read
Re: Letter To Mark Zuckerberg, C.e.o Facebook. By Jaafar Jaafar by SHOPPERS(m): 6:51am On Nov 15, 2015
Na by force to use Facebook? Seun, create a theme too so that we can show our support against BokoHaram and our support for Nigeria. Wait, What of Biafra?

1 Like

Re: Letter To Mark Zuckerberg, C.e.o Facebook. By Jaafar Jaafar by mofayodeyahoo: 6:52am On Nov 15, 2015
Mal jafaar, of what succour mark's commeseration would do to us. Preach peace, mean it, do it, guide/help your neighour to do so. Prevention is better than cure. Accept this, white would not prefer black to his brother anyday
Re: Letter To Mark Zuckerberg, C.e.o Facebook. By Jaafar Jaafar by wheredemdey: 6:55am On Nov 15, 2015
Frustrated black man.....you are blaming mark when ordinary Seun never identify with Nigeria during her crisis.....which day our beloved NL don colour its home page I'm solidarity with those killed by terrorists??

Ogbeni go to where u took ur bath to collect your clothes.....the black man and anger...always thinking his opinion counts....you are a third class creation....slightly above wild animals.....heck some animals even live better than you undisciplined....stubborn..lazy people that all you all do is consume and never add any positive thing to the world apart from laziness.

1 Like

Re: Letter To Mark Zuckerberg, C.e.o Facebook. By Jaafar Jaafar by lightheart(m): 6:56am On Nov 15, 2015
tobimillar:
True talk, but mark owns Facebook and he can do as he so wishes..

Do you know Nigerians are hardly shocked anymore by news of book haram bombing? You read "boko haram bombs yola, 56 killed" and it doesn't sound so shocking anymore.

I think your letter should be addressed to seun, Seun, Linda and other Nigerian bloggers and online forums to start the movement from their sites. We need to cry first for ourselves, nobody will cry for us...

Mark is right
Re: Letter To Mark Zuckerberg, C.e.o Facebook. By Jaafar Jaafar by CaptainCodes(m): 7:16am On Nov 15, 2015
stanuplane:
Mark Z clearly understands that bokoharam have not killed a single human in northern Nigeria, just good old baboons and monkeys. grin grin grin grin

And you said something meaningful.

Can someone give these guy a dollar for posting his deepest thoughts...

Shallow fellow.
Re: Letter To Mark Zuckerberg, C.e.o Facebook. By Jaafar Jaafar by ArodeTsolaye: 7:29am On Nov 15, 2015
Why should anyone be moved when animals eat themselves in a zoo? France is a real nation, US is a real nation, but the workd knows your country is just a geographic expression, a zoo where we have 95% dogs and 5% monkeys to be precise, so why should they bother?

Abeg go siddon for corner and allow real nations mourn, until you ask for your Arewa nation, odua nation and Biafra nation, you are just deceiving yourself because no one should give a somersaulting fccck what happens in zoogeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Letter To Mark Zuckerberg, C.e.o Facebook. By Jaafar Jaafar by lmm4real: 7:50am On Nov 15, 2015
I know we da vex
Re: Letter To Mark Zuckerberg, C.e.o Facebook. By Jaafar Jaafar by faragai24: 10:02am On Nov 15, 2015
Re: Letter To Mark Zuckerberg, C.e.o Facebook. By Jaafar Jaafar by faragai24: 10:04am On Nov 15, 2015
ArodeTsolaye:
Why should anyone be moved when animals eat themselves in a zoo? France is a real nation, US is a real nation, but the workd knows your country is just a geographic expression, a zoo where we have 95% dogs and 5% monkeys to be precise, so why should they bother?
Abeg go siddon for corner and allow real nations mourn, until you ask for your Arewa nation, odua nation and Biafra nation, you are just deceiving yourself because no one should give a somersaulting fccck what happens in zoogeria.

Hahahahahahah.... Man you are funny, when did your country turned "Zoogeria" pls wish well for the nation, remember the power of tongue.
Re: Letter To Mark Zuckerberg, C.e.o Facebook. By Jaafar Jaafar by PRYCE(m): 10:06am On Nov 15, 2015
Nice write up!
Re: Letter To Mark Zuckerberg, C.e.o Facebook. By Jaafar Jaafar by stanuplane(m): 1:47pm On Nov 15, 2015
CaptainCodes:

And you said something meaningful.

Can someone give these guy a dollar for posting his deepest thoughts...

Shallow fellow.
Bleep off my mentions dude. I aint got no beef with you. Unless you re one of em monkeys.
Re: Letter To Mark Zuckerberg, C.e.o Facebook. By Jaafar Jaafar by kosovo(m): 2:30pm On Nov 15, 2015
Nigerians like to embarras themselves.

You won't see a Chinese complaining because they have created and matched everything the west has created.

When you guys focus on entertainment gossips, forgetting that the backbone of every society is based on technology, that's what you get.

I don't see any reason for the OP's baseless letter which is dead on arrival.

1 Like

Re: Letter To Mark Zuckerberg, C.e.o Facebook. By Jaafar Jaafar by Nobody: 2:43pm On Nov 15, 2015
Mark is Jewish so I urge all you muslims to stop patronising Jew book.

You should also avoid Google and their affiliate YouTube aka Jew tube since it is owned by two Jews as well.
Re: Letter To Mark Zuckerberg, C.e.o Facebook. By Jaafar Jaafar by Nobody: 2:46pm On Nov 15, 2015
Northern Muslims abuse Facebook to spread their hate filled lies.

What I want Zuckerberg to do is to deactivate the accounts of El Rufai, Lair Mohammed and Sahara Times as they abuse the terms and conditions of facebook
Re: Letter To Mark Zuckerberg, C.e.o Facebook. By Jaafar Jaafar by octopusfreaky(f): 2:52pm On Nov 15, 2015
Until we blacks realise who we are? Respect each other,,we sometimes forget we are the same colour and we compete among ourselves, jealousy, strife and envy common amongst us..Until we value our lives ,,we cant move forward..So please dont be suprised if you see Nigerians mourn with people of France coz we "Nigerians" are the most confused set of people.
Re: Letter To Mark Zuckerberg, C.e.o Facebook. By Jaafar Jaafar by CaptainCodes(m): 7:09pm On Nov 15, 2015
stanuplane:
Bleep off my mentions dude. I aint got no beef with you. Unless you re one of em monkeys.

And you must quote back'
Du*b F@ck.
Re: Letter To Mark Zuckerberg, C.e.o Facebook. By Jaafar Jaafar by naijapips02: 7:22pm On Nov 15, 2015
How many Nigerias have supported the victims of boko haram.

if not 'blame buhari' 'buhari's boils' 'kill them all' 'it is apc' , 'IT IS PDP'

How will the world take you serious when you cannot even take yourselves serious?
Re: Letter To Mark Zuckerberg, C.e.o Facebook. By Jaafar Jaafar by Nobody: 7:32pm On Nov 15, 2015
okay.
Re: Letter To Mark Zuckerberg, C.e.o Facebook. By Jaafar Jaafar by mightyokwy(m): 7:55pm On Nov 15, 2015
Why would mark Z do that when some stupid fellows that called them selves were using the killings Nigeria to score political points. We are not serious so I don't expect a very busy man like mark to allow our problem to disturb his sleep.
Re: Letter To Mark Zuckerberg, C.e.o Facebook. By Jaafar Jaafar by SkyBlue1: 7:59pm On Nov 15, 2015
Some Nigerians can be so silly, especially when carrying this village mnentality to the world stage, it really is embarassing. When you can't take yourselves seriously why would anyone else? You're not ashamed going to beg or whine to the CEO of a private American company to recognise your plight and empathise with you when you people can't even empathise with yourselves. Very funny and confused low self esteem bunch of people.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Court Reinstates Mr Sunday Onyebuchi As Deputy Governor / Fani-kayode Praises Judge For Refusing To Hear Nnamdi Kanu's Case / Buhari Is A Great Leader And Is Determined To Fight Corruption- Reverend Mbaka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.