Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,855 members, 7,806,418 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:16 PM

How To Make The Most Benefit Of Your Bible Reading - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Make The Most Benefit Of Your Bible Reading (17033 Views)

5 Unbelievably Good Reasons To Read Your Bible / Principal Forced To Resign For Punishing LGBT Students With Bible Reading / How To Read Your Bible Without Getting Confused - Paul Ellis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Make The Most Benefit Of Your Bible Reading by lakeside30: 9:22am On Nov 15, 2015
Dekatron:
Fvcktards, use your brain. There is no f ucking GOD!!

Christianity claims that worshipping Ifa (am yorùbá) and all other orishas, is bad. Because God showed himself to some plagiarist and psycho ISRAELIs. If the so called religion, just like Ifa, didn't start simultaneously all over the world, but from an handful people, how can they be right?

Ifa started from yorùbá land. Christianity started from Antioch. How can Christians claim the good God since he is a punny to start from a place, just like Ifa??

Quote me stvpidly, and be my hell cell mate

May God have mercy on you,that you will find him before it is too late for you (Amen)

2 Likes

Re: How To Make The Most Benefit Of Your Bible Reading by kennycalls(m): 9:22am On Nov 15, 2015
Dekatron:

Christianity claims that worshipping Ifa (am yorùbá) and all other orishas, is bad. Because God showed himself to some plagiarist and psycho ISRAELIs. If the so called religion, just like Ifa, didn't start simultaneously all over the world, but from an handful people, how can they be right?

Ifa started from yorùbá land. Christianity started from Antioch. How can Christians claim the good God since he is a punny to start from a place, just like Ifa??

Jesus loves you

3 Likes

Re: How To Make The Most Benefit Of Your Bible Reading by Nobody: 9:27am On Nov 15, 2015
cold:

Cool story bro. But let me get a friend of mine who's an expert on cool stories to analyse your story.
ok bro!! I de here
Re: How To Make The Most Benefit Of Your Bible Reading by Nobody: 9:28am On Nov 15, 2015
Great Perfect Answer
kennycalls:
Jesus loves you
Re: How To Make The Most Benefit Of Your Bible Reading by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:29am On Nov 15, 2015
Bendzamin:
The bible is a priceless gift from our loving God. It contained many valuable messages and lessons that when applied in our daily lives, our lives will never remain the same. However, reading the bible, understanding it and applying what is being read may be a tedious task for some because they conclude that the bible is a mystery book which can never be understood by common men except the pastors and the likes. Therefore, below are few steps to follow in order to read the bible, enjoy it, extract the lessons therein and apply what you read in your life as well as using it to help others in your neighbourhood.
In order not to bore the reader with many information, I am going to make use of a few bible verses as an example. Before reading, pray to God to give you understanding and insight to what you wants to read, and after careful reading, ask yourself these 3 questions:
1. What does this verse(s) tell me about God?
2. How can I apply this in my life?
3. How can I use this to help others?
Now, lets consider the bible book of Psalms 103:8-10. "Jehovah is merciful and compassionate, slow to anger and abundant in loving kindness. He will not always find fault nor will he stay resentful forever. He has not dealt with us according to our sins, nor has he repaid us what our errors deserve"
Question 1: what does these verses tell me about God?
These verses show that Jehovah God is a merciful, compassionate and forgiving father.

Cc lalasticlala
Why don't you ask the important questions like when was this written and who were they addressing?
Why don't you ask if this was just tradition?
Why don't you check if the historical records actually check out?
Re: How To Make The Most Benefit Of Your Bible Reading by lakeside30: 9:30am On Nov 15, 2015
osabiya16:
END TIME

Thought Lasisi is Mr end time,you too?
Re: How To Make The Most Benefit Of Your Bible Reading by Clonus: 9:52am On Nov 15, 2015
Interesting post. Thanks op
Re: How To Make The Most Benefit Of Your Bible Reading by Ayo25: 9:58am On Nov 15, 2015
lakeside30:

May God have mercy on you,that you will find him before it is too late for you (Amen)
People like them are cowards. They spend all there productive years fighting God and during their dying days they quickly send for a man of God to pray for them to make heaven.
Re: How To Make The Most Benefit Of Your Bible Reading by Nobody: 10:07am On Nov 15, 2015
Dekatron:

Ode grin I'll only visit to see your "sponged" face.
Re: How To Make The Most Benefit Of Your Bible Reading by winner01(m): 10:39am On Nov 15, 2015
Re: How To Make The Most Benefit Of Your Bible Reading by stephmike(m): 11:10am On Nov 15, 2015
palladin:
Hallelujah
. amen ooo
Re: How To Make The Most Benefit Of Your Bible Reading by ministeriallist: 11:14am On Nov 15, 2015
Good write up! Thumbs up
Re: How To Make The Most Benefit Of Your Bible Reading by Dekatron(m): 12:03pm On Nov 15, 2015
Titto93:

I wanted to put your brains in order before I realize you know devil awaits you in depths of hell.
There's no God but you know there is hell.

Metchewww, you deserve beating.

I didn't wanna let u sound smart, but if your formatted brain couldn't think, I will help u.

I don't believe in God. I said hell cell mate cos YOU WILL QUOTE ME TO TELL ME ABOUT HELL. IN DOING SO, CALL ME A FOOL. And Bible said :- ANYBODY THAT SAYS TO HIS BROTHER, RAKA (FOOL) is in the damnation of HELL

now I know you feel foolish
Re: How To Make The Most Benefit Of Your Bible Reading by Dekatron(m): 12:06pm On Nov 15, 2015
Speechless3:

Ode grin I'll only visit to see your "sponged" face.

yep. . . And I'd laugh at you, cos heaven will be so boring.

Newton, Einstein, Feynman and others will teach me physics grin grin

Michael Jackson, Dagrin will play and dance for us.grin grin grin
Re: How To Make The Most Benefit Of Your Bible Reading by Nobody: 12:14pm On Nov 15, 2015
Dekatron:

yep. . . And I'd laugh at you, cos heaven will be so boring.

Newton, Einstein, Feynman and others will teach me physics grin grin

Michael Jackson, Dagrin will play and dance for us.grin grin grin
Try putting just your arm in fire while listening to your favourite beatz.

I will like to know how interesting it is grin

1 Like

Re: How To Make The Most Benefit Of Your Bible Reading by uncleck: 12:36pm On Nov 15, 2015
Chrisbenogor:

Why don't you ask the important questions like when was this written and who were they addressing?
Why don't you ask if this was just tradition?
Why don't you check if the historical records actually check out?

you are just waking up; a masters degree holder doesn't need to ask how 2×2 is equal to 4. but primary school pupil does
Re: How To Make The Most Benefit Of Your Bible Reading by Olasco93: 12:40pm On Nov 15, 2015
laurel03:
what is the diff btw holy spirit and holy ghost??

The Translators of the bible are the ones who made use of the Two Words in the Subject matter at that very moment. Ghost and Spirit. Holy Spirit and Holy Ghost means the same Person (the Spirit of God, which does God's work). God is a Spirit. HE sits on His throne, (HE doesn't leave His throne), but it is His Spirit that does His work. That is why God is everywhere because He is a Spirit (Omnipresent). He is always present. Though, there is more explanation to this. That is why when you want to study/read the Bible or any book anywhere, it's important to first ask God to grant you the understanding of what you are about reading.

I hope this helps.
Re: How To Make The Most Benefit Of Your Bible Reading by tuk2ato(m): 12:53pm On Nov 15, 2015
I think the op is a JW undecided

1 Like

Re: How To Make The Most Benefit Of Your Bible Reading by joel4422: 1:06pm On Nov 15, 2015
Win!!! Win!!! Win!!! We bless God for a successful winning on
our weekend game. It's been great all the way, here
is our won ticket for the weekend fixed match.
I congratulate all my new and old subscribers winning for
the first time, now you can testify that fixed matches exist.
Straight up to our next fixed game which comes up on
wednesday. I encourage you all join our winning this
midweek and our games will be available with odds ranging
from 130 odds and 935 odds.
Interested subscribers should inbox me on facebook now or
add me up on whatsapp on:08032557731or call me now on
08032557731Your winning is always our priority. Stay
bless!!!

Re: How To Make The Most Benefit Of Your Bible Reading by Wealthycharles(m): 1:11pm On Nov 15, 2015
Dekatron:

u cannot indimidate we christians
Here yea the word of Jehovah d most high God: even as I was with moses my servant,so shall I b with u until d end of time...Joshua 1:5(holy bible incase u don't know)...we hav seen many of ur types eg ekpenede idu of benin,
I decree in d name of Jesus any person or group of persons dat shall by any means disrespect Jehovah d most high God,such person(s) will go blind and lame instantly! As long as d God of Elijah liveth,His name shall command honour in d camp of our enemies IJN
Re: How To Make The Most Benefit Of Your Bible Reading by dsquare33: 1:22pm On Nov 15, 2015
I have never seen anything so comforting, so soothing, so nourishing, as the word of God, because it is LIFE giving, John1 vs 1, David said in Psalm 119vs 162 "I Rejoice at your word as one who finds great treasure". The word of God is deep,it is only those who have greater knowledge of his word that enjoys it and it is through revelation.The word of God cannot be read literally or else it leads to boredom, hence it is Spiritual.Hebrews 4vs 12 " for the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two -edge sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
Re: How To Make The Most Benefit Of Your Bible Reading by Bendzamin(m): 2:34pm On Nov 15, 2015
tinobrace:
undecided person wey no get bible at all nko?

Simply log on to www.jw.org to read the bible in any language you understand
Re: How To Make The Most Benefit Of Your Bible Reading by dajooe: 2:43pm On Nov 15, 2015
Dekatron:

You want me to turn away from God: What should I turn to
Re: How To Make The Most Benefit Of Your Bible Reading by Gabflex: 2:52pm On Nov 15, 2015
I go always pray for you.

What you have just said is nothing but the truth but my question to you now is that are you applying this world to your daily life of sundays only ?
Re: How To Make The Most Benefit Of Your Bible Reading by Jetjacky(m): 2:55pm On Nov 15, 2015
MeandSum where is that atheist can and receive sense tongue tongue
Re: How To Make The Most Benefit Of Your Bible Reading by oyeludef(m): 3:00pm On Nov 15, 2015
Dekatron:

I didn't wanna let u sound smart, but if your formatted brain couldn't think, I will help u.

I don't believe in God. I said hell cell mate cos YOU WILL QUOTE ME TO TELL ME ABOUT HELL. IN DOING SO, CALL ME A FOOL. And Bible said :- ANYBODY THAT SAYS TO HIS BROTHER, RAKA (FOOL) is in the damnation of HELL

now I know you feel foolish
but that's what you are now. D Bible says its a fool that says there is no God
Re: How To Make The Most Benefit Of Your Bible Reading by Nobody: 3:30pm On Nov 15, 2015
GREAT PEACE ARE THEY WHO LOVE THY LAW AND NOTHING SHALL OFFEND THEM.PSALM119:165
THY WORD IS A LAMP UNTO MY FEET AND LIGHT UNTO MY PATH. PSALM 119:105
Re: How To Make The Most Benefit Of Your Bible Reading by Donvilo(m): 3:30pm On Nov 15, 2015
Dekatron:

Jesus Loves You
Re: How To Make The Most Benefit Of Your Bible Reading by megastarjec(m): 5:05pm On Nov 15, 2015
Dekatron:

Let me start with your first statement: Fvcktards, use your brain. There is no f ucking GOD!!
and then you mentioned Ifa. what then is ifa? if there is no God as you said, it implies worshipping your ifa is a huge waste of time and that my friend you have being doing. So the fact that you only ended up contradicting yourself says how ignorant you are to these matters (no form of insult intended).
The issue in the world is not on the argument of the existence of God, all religion including yours and even the scientists believe and no that "there is God". The argument has been on the channel to this God we all claim. While all religions have their self claimed channels, Christianity which is not a religion but a life style has its own and its channel is through the same God we all agree there exist. When you hear about Jesus Christ, you do think he was man or one so called Israeli citizen. not at all. He was and is still God. God came down taking our form as man and decided to use isreal as his starting habitation to draw the world to himself. so my dear friend, when throwing such argument as this, please understand these things before you comment.
to the issue of how to worship, God is a dynamic God. He deals with everyone according to their abilities, faith and believe in Him. If you have a problem going to church, first have the believe that there is God, ask Him how He wants you to worship Him and He will let you no. but my personal advice to you, don't fail to read the bible, that's His guide here on earth, open to Him, He will show you more and last of all belong to a worship center where you can meet with others to encourage you. Thanks and God bless you.

1 Like

Re: How To Make The Most Benefit Of Your Bible Reading by Oppypoppy: 5:59pm On Nov 15, 2015
Dekatron:

Re: How To Make The Most Benefit Of Your Bible Reading by Oppypoppy: 6:01pm On Nov 15, 2015
Dekatron:

What really is your Problem? If you dont believe in God. Stay that way! Why always putting up boxing glove and blowing the Air when it cones to God and Jesus? Stay ya own!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern / Fellow Christians: What Is Happening To Us? / Scientist Gerald Schroeder Demonstrates That God Has Been Proved By Science.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.