Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:24 AM

Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke (74040 Views)

Photos Of Diezani Allison-Madueke's $153Million Estate In Yenagoa / Diezani Allison-Madueke On Her Hospital Bed In London (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke by kennyland1(m): 12:21pm On Nov 15, 2015
Buhari should probe this woman nw

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke by Nobody: 12:28pm On Nov 15, 2015
chukwudi44:
Sanusi how much exactly is missing? Yoy started with $49billion,came down to $10billion and went up again to $20billion and now again you are telling us $6billion? Are northern emirs usually this stupid and confused?
oga just shup up and die with these silly questions you keep asking everyday .you are neither a CBN governor nor are you the petroleum minister.you are not even an ordinary nairaland mod(sorry to the mods) and you keep ranting everyday asking for the exact figure.the accuser and accused knows what they are talking about so make we hear word abeg.stealing dey una blood no be you go tell us that one or what do you mean by defending a criminal? If sanusi was wrong ,why was he suspended? Maybe you should answer this?ignorant idiot that has no respect for monarch.idiots fooling themselves every where they go.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:31pm On Nov 15, 2015
[b]Anatomy of a Nigerian Oil Scandal

The now-public report provides a bleak depiction of NNPC’s operations, and even then does not reveal the full picture. PwC was blocked from accessing the data and people it needed to conduct a full audit, and so, in an unusual move, the accounting firm warned that it could not vouch for the reliability of its report, which was not conducted in line with generally accepted auditing standards. Overall, however, PwC’s main conclusions are in line with Sanusi’s allegations of at least serious mismanagement. (The audit does not mention the role of corruption in getting the NNPC to these dire straits, but many Nigerians believe corruption is an endemic problem in the institution.)

The audit found that NNPC owed at least $1.48 billion to the treasury  as a result of accounting and computation errors. The report also cautions in uncharacteristically strong language that NNPC had been given a “blank cheque to spend money without limit or control,” warning that its operations are unsustainable and need to be urgently remedied.

Over the January 2012 to July 2013 period covered by the audit, nearly half of the oil proceeds went to covering NNPC’s operational costs and on kerosene and oil subsidies; these latter subsidies, while nominally pro-poor, have long been seen as a wealth transfer to kerosene retailers instead.

With oil prices tumbling dramatically over the last year, PwC warns that if the state oil company continues on the same spending trajectory, it would be unable to cover its own costs, much less remit anything to government coffers.

http://www.covafrica.com/2015/05/anatomy-of-a-nigerian-oil-scandal-audit-of-national-oil-company-fuels-momentum-for-sectoral-reform/[/b]

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:33pm On Nov 15, 2015
[b]PwC audit report confirms $18.5bn was diverted from NNPC account, says Sanusi

The former governor of Central Bank of Nigeria and the current Emir of Kano, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, has said that the audit report on the accounts of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, has confirmed that about $18.5 billion was not remitted to the Federal Government by the corporation.

In an article published by the Financial Times on May 13, Sanusi said the audit report indicated that he did not lie when he blew the whistle on the missing billions.

Sanusi was removed from his position as the CBN governor on February 20, 2014 after he insisted that about $20 billion was not remitted to the Federation Account by NNPC in spite of Federal Government’s denial of the misappropriation.

Sanusi chided the minister of petroleum resources, Diezani Allison-Madueke, for saying that the audit exonerated her ministry and the NNPC from any wrong doing.

He said that the report indicated that “the gap between the company’s oil revenues between January 2012 and July 2013 and cash remitted to the government for the same period was $18.5bn”. He said the report also outlined the questionable expenses parts of the missing money were spent on.

The PwC report also indicated that some of the billions should have been expended on providing subsidy on kerosene and that the “executive secretary of the agency charged with administering subsidies confirmed that, acting on Yar’Adua’s orders, it had ceased granting subsidies on kerosene. There was no appropriation for such a subsidy in the 2012 or 2013 budgets,” Sanusi said in the article.

The Emir of Kano believed that $12.5 billion out of the $18.5bn in revenues that the state oil company did not send to the government, according to his calculations, was diverted.

He concluded the article by urging the incoming administration to pursue the line of investigation suggested in the report and that any official found culpable of any wrong doing should be “charged”.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/05/pwc-audit-report-confirms-18-5bn-was-diverted-from-nnpc-account-says-sanusi/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:36pm On Nov 15, 2015
PwC's audit report supports many of Sanusi's allegations.

The auditors found that the total gross revenues generated from the federal government of Nigeria crude oil liftings was $69.34bn from January 2012 to July 2013.

The total cash remitted into the government's accounts in relation to crude oil lifting was $50.81bn, leaving $18.53bn unaccounted for.

The report raised serious questions about the level of transparency and corporate structure of the national oil company.

http://www.internationalaccountingbulletin.com/news/pwc-forensic-report-on-oil-revenues-unveils-nigerias-demons-4570423

You can lie to the World but not to yourself.

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke by magaliyu(f): 12:53pm On Nov 15, 2015
You can run, but you cant hide

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke by Nobody: 1:00pm On Nov 15, 2015
southniyikaye:
oga just shup up and die with these silly questions you keep asking everyday .you are neither a CBN governor nor are you the petroleum minister.you are not even an ordinary nairaland mod(sorry to the mods) and you keep ranting everyday asking for the exact figure.the accuser and accused knows what they are talking about so make we hear word abeg.stealing dey una blood no be you go tell us that one or what do you mean by defending a criminal? If sanusi was wrong ,why was he suspended? Maybe you should answer this?ignorant idiot that has no respect for monarch.idiots fooling themselves every where they go.

Will you shut up you bloody fool!!! Who is Sanusi? So because a liar, paedophile and a thief was made an emir we should all go and die!!

I am a stakeholder in this country,I pay my taxes regularly and I demand explainantions whenever such allegations are peddled!! BTW stop having inferiority complex, the ministers,emirs or even ordinary NL mods are not superior to you.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:04pm On Nov 15, 2015
“If there is one issue I must pursue in this world, it is the biggest lie of this money. How can $20billion disappear just like that? Where did it disappear to? Is it possible that such an amount would not be traceable?” ...Diezani Madueke.

Who or what gives NNPC the right to withhold nearly 30% of the money it receives on behalf of Nigeria and then spend it as it wishes? Here we have a goat locked in a room alone with a yam and no one to supervise what’s going on.

PwC’s opinion is that this practice of withholding money and then spending as it sees fit is highly dubious and that the NNPC act needs a legal opinion to determine whether it has the right to do this. What stops NNPC (the goat) from withholding 50% of revenues (the yam) and then telling us later that it spent it on one thing or the other? Based on this, nothing.

Kerosene Subsidy

From the chart above, we can see that the biggest expense in the accounting of the ‘missing’ $20bn is the petrol and kerosene subsidy at $8.7bn. Of this amount, NNPC claimed to have spent $3.38bn on kerosene subsidy. Yet, whether or not subsidy should have been paid was doubtful in the first place. Here’s the gist of what happened

In other words – anyhowness. Between President Yar’Adua who cancelled the subsidy but did not gazette it (perhaps because he was trying to avoid a public outcry) and President Jonathan who ‘unlooked’ Yar’Adua’s cancellation, NNPC stuck its fingers in its ears and continued paying the subsidy. A lot of magic happened as a result.

First, PwC found $40m of kerosene subsidy payments were duplicated (see above). That is, subsidy was paid to the same marketer twice or more for the exact same kerosene. This was apparently a ‘mistake’. But even if we accept this, there’s more.

The table above shows how NNPC is supposed to calculate subsidy on kerosene. That N34.51 is what it costs to get it to Nigeria. In other words, NNPC is supposed to sell it to marketers at that price (N34.51) and the marketers then sell to consumers at N50 – the difference of N15.49 being used to cover all their costs and a profit margin.

Instead, NNPC sells the kerosene to marketers at N40.90 i.e. taking some of the profit margin for itself. Why it does this, is a mystery. Nevertheless, when NNPC was calculating subsidy to be deducted (remember the yam and the goat are together), it used the figure of N34.51 even though it sold it to marketers at N40.90. In other words, NNPC charged marketers for a cost and also charged Nigeria for the same cost. This overcharging of subsidy on kerosene came to a cool $204m in total.

Nobody Is Above Mistake

It’s not easy for NNPC. When you are counting so much money, you are bound to make one or two mistakes here and there. It is these ‘mistakes’ that yielded the $1.48bn PwC asked NNPC to pay back to the federation. Some of these errors are as simple as wrongly adding a column in excel. These addition errors came to $40m.

There was also the overclaim of subsidies on petrol and kerosene (as described above). As well as other monies that should have been paid to the federation and were not paid. The table below shows the breakdown of the $1.48bn.

One must ask – if PwC hadn’t gone in to audit the place, would NNPC have just let a $40m addition error go on like its nothing? The mind boggles.

http://aguntasolo.com/2015/04/29/this-yam-this-goat-this-country-part-1/

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:12pm On Nov 15, 2015
[b]NPDC – Awon Bad Guys

When some people commit murder in broad daylight. They don’t run away. They light a cigar and sit down beside the dead body waiting for police to arrive. When the police arrive and ask who killed the person, they confidently say it was them. People like these are known as bad guys and NPDC is one of such people.

NPDC refused to cooperate with PwC for the audit. It did not submit any information or provide any help.

PwC then had to obtain information from a variety of sources (including NPDC’s website) to try to ascertain how much exactly it should have paid to the federation.

NPDC was summoned to the Senate sometime last year and they gave a presentation of their operations. The $6.815bn figure above in the NPDC column is what they claimed as the amount of oil they lifted. PwC also tried to verify this with the Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) who gave them the $6.886bn figure. Finally, PwC tried to calculate the figures themselves and ended up with the $5.6bn figure.

Because they are bad guys, NPDC calculated their own tax and decided that the amount they owed to FIRS in taxes was $1.14bn. Out of this amount, they claimed they had graciously paid $863m to FIRS but do not yet feel like paying the rest. However, it was discovered that the actual amount  paid was $838m – the $26m difference being due to a ‘mistake’ in counting the same payment twice. Please don’t shout at them so they don’t get angry and refuse to pay the rest of the money.

All told, NPDC is holding on to $5.11bn that it has not remitted to NNPC (NNPC is the owner of NPDC so it should collect the money from NPDC and send to the federation account). This is PwC’s conservative estimate of what NPDC has withheld from Nigeria. Perhaps when the time comes for them to pay the money, in keeping with the goat and yam principle, they might tell us that they spent half of it on ‘costs’ and can only remit $2bn or something. We await that day.

http://aguntasolo.com/2015/04/29/this-yam-this-goat-this-country-part-1/[/b]

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke by Nobody: 1:19pm On Nov 15, 2015
chukwudi44:

Will you shut up you bloody fool!!! Who is Sanusi? So because a liar, paedophile and a thief was made an emir we should all go and die!!

I am a stakeholder in this country,I pay my taxes regularly and I demand explainantions whenever such allegations are peddled!! BTW stop having inferiority complex, the ministers,emirs or even ordinary NL mods are not superior to you.
a stakeholder you say? Yours is a clear example of having obama's face and talking like obanikoro. I don't argue with trashy dustbin like you cos I have some important things far better than you to do(attending to my dog).issues of Nigerians shouldn't even concern a biagoat like you.

4 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke by dovetark: 1:24pm On Nov 15, 2015
Completely agree....
TonyeBarcanista:
I am sick and tired of Newspaper prosecution and Newspaper defence. The report of the auditors are on Buhari's desk, he should work on it and stop disturbing our peace.

We are talking of Nigeria's $20billion or $10billion here. Though I find the allegation to be illogical but I will not shy from eating my words if indeed there was a theft of our money. Nevertheless, whether $20billion or 20kobo, all those that looted Naija should be prosecuted. All those claiming innocence should tell investigators and the Judge.

Enough of media trial and media defence!

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke by wirinet(m): 1:34pm On Nov 15, 2015
chukwudi44:

So who are you demanding explanations from? the person(s) peddling the allegations or the persons the allegations are peddled against. It seems you are more interested in the persons peddling the allegations than the allegations itself.

4 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke by Nobody: 1:40pm On Nov 15, 2015
I wonder what's stopping this post from make FP
Re: Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:41pm On Nov 15, 2015
[b]Money Wey No Get Receipt

As part of the accounting for the difference of $20bn between what was received and what was paid to the federation, NNPC submitted some other costs it claimed it had incurred as part of its operations. In total, these costs came to just $2.8bn as shown below

As an auditor, when someone tells you they have spent this amount of money, what do you do? You guessed right, you ask for receipts.

A big chunk of the costs were for pipeline maintenance contracts. Anyway, NNPC could not provide any evidence for $305m of the money it claimed to have spent as the breakdown below shows

Perhaps it thought PwC won’t ask for evidence. Some of it is quite hilarious (one must laugh when one cannot cry). In January and March 2012, it claimed to have paid salaries totalling $14m. No evidence to back it up. In November 2012, it claimed to have paid another $6m in salaries. Again, no evidence to back it up. Who was it paid to? Mr Who.

Almost $60m went on ‘charter hire’. To charter what? When you find out, tell me (Actually I know what this ‘charter’ is – it is the payment for the Petroleum Minister’s jet i.e. NNPC was paying for the cost of purchasing the jet on her behalf. But please don’t quote me). For January 2013, it entered a cost of $31m. But PwC found that this was the same cost it had claimed in 2012. When asked for the evidence for the January 2013 payment, it presented the same evidence as the one for January 2012. It claims to have spent $2.6m on buying cars. No evidence. $48m ‘right of way’ costs. No evidence. And so on and so forth.

Also, as you can see from above, in return for all the selfless and glorious work NNPC is doing for the country, it paid itself a total of $1.5bn in salaries for the 18 months in question that PwC looked into.

http://aguntasolo.com/2015/04/29/this-yam-this-goat-this-country-part-1/[/b]

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:43pm On Nov 15, 2015
Double post
Re: Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke by ziryboy(m): 1:45pm On Nov 15, 2015
chukwudi44:
Sanusi how much exactly is missing? Yoy started with $49billion,came down to $10billion and went up again to $20billion and now again you are telling us $6billion? Are northern emirs usually this stupid and confused?
useless ibo man, you igbos will never support good thing. Useless biafran who only think of oil in Niger delta but have nothing in the useless south east

4 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke by ALISMILE(m): 1:56pm On Nov 15, 2015
kestolove95:
DIEzani don't die wit our money o
My tots exactly.
Re: Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke by ALISMILE(m): 2:06pm On Nov 15, 2015
kennyland1:
Buhari should probe this woman nw
ur friends in d SE will scream witchhunt!they averse to anytin good!

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:10pm On Nov 15, 2015
Double post
Re: Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke by zoom007: 2:27pm On Nov 15, 2015
chukwudi44:
And what has your irrelevant kings done in service to their countries, at least the silly sanusi helped to solidify the banking system. Who is even the most popular king from Biafra, we dont know and we will never know.

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke by zoom007: 2:32pm On Nov 15, 2015
chukwudi44:

This guy is a fool, why are u defending thieves. if u are really important you will not be here ranting. i demand explanation. wondersss ooo, lollzz

3 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke by Nobody: 2:34pm On Nov 15, 2015
aminho:
dont you ever in your life insult our emirs again i use to respect you but it has ended today you can insult me or anyone but not the custodians of my religion and and culture

MUMU.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:35pm On Nov 15, 2015
[b]
Haykay80:
What Forensic Audit Report Of NNPC Revealed (SUMMARIZED VERSION)

I Know most people won't have the time to read the lengthy report so I have summarized it

The report of forensic audit of NNPC was released to the public yesterday in accordance to President Goodluck Jonathan's directive.
Here are some major points as revealed by the report.

1. $ 980 million was over charged as subsidies on Petrol and Kerosene between January 2012 and July 2013.

2. $3.38bn was spent on kerosene subsidy for the review period.

3. A total sum of $ 13, 637, 077, 362 from sale of domestic crude was not remitted.

4. The following cannot be substantiated due to lack of supporting documents:

i. $ 0.25 billion claimed as NPA charges

ii. $ 59, 324, 737.01 spent on charter Hire services

iii. $ 6, 658, 588.74 of the $ 17, 767, 683.54 claimed as management fee of MT Tuma and MT Oloibiri.

iv. $ 5, 457, 006.98 of the $ 46, 265, 215.13 claimed as crude transport payment.

v. $ 6, 707, 826.05 on marine through put.

vi. $ 11, 896, 654.71 claimed as repair cost on pipeline vandalism.

vii. Management charge out rate claim of $ 59, 712, 530.83

5. The following funds cannot be substantiated due to insufficient supporting documents.

i. $ 10, 257, 161.07 claimed as enviromental remediation.

ii. A capital expenditure of $ 27, 179. 005.48

6. A total sum of $ 305, 885, 083.77 cannot be verified due to exceptions.

7. Both CBN and NPDC did not grant the audit firm access to nor give the requested information to the firm.

https://www.nairaland.com/2283755/summary-nnpc-forensic-audit
[/b]

Who does this woman thinks she is deceiving. I felt sorry for her seeing the picture of her looking sick. However, she can not deny the mess under GEJ. They (her, Iweala, GEJ) sat on the PWC report and tried to continue ruling, despite the gross wastage.

Abegi read point number 3.

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke by tobiasbeecher: 2:35pm On Nov 15, 2015
aminho:
dont you ever in your life insult our emirs again i use to respect you but it has ended today you can insult me or anyone but not the custodians of my religion and and culture
Shut up your Emirs are not God! Custodian of religion ni, culture ko

7 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke by ALISMILE(m): 2:40pm On Nov 15, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Fayose's birthday pictures just made front page.

London Market Closing Due To ‘low Patronage’ From Nigerians made front page next.

Have you seen Fayose Birthday cake, made front page now.
even picture of Fayose cake too on FP now!

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:42pm On Nov 15, 2015
Double Post
Re: Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke by carinmom(f): 3:15pm On Nov 15, 2015
I have no doubt in my mind that the cancer stricken Diezani picture is fake. The only thing is that she wasn't wearing any makeup and no Brazilian abi na Peruvian hair.

Return our money jare.

2 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke by Candybob(m): 3:30pm On Nov 15, 2015
aminho:

Bleep your custodian my friend! This is how your fellow practitioners of your smelly religion, go around threatening people and causing havoc everywhere!
Who does not know that your Emir is a liar and a thief, pointing fingers at others to divert attention from himself?

11 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke by Nobody: 3:36pm On Nov 15, 2015
aminho:
Lol... so we shudnt insult Emirs dat stole our money.... so if today Fashola become Oba, we shouldn't insult him because he is a custodian of a failed religion... buh it's alright to insult d president....
Infact ur emir na ewu togo.... I see why many of you are ready to carry bomb because of custodian...

9 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke by Candybob(m): 3:38pm On Nov 15, 2015
TheGoodJoe:
[/b]

[b]Who does this woman thinks she is deceiving. I felt sorry for her seeing the picture of her looking sick. However, she can not deny the mess under GEJ. They (her, Iweala, GEJ) sat on the PWC report and tried to continue ruling, despite the gross wastage.

Abegi read point number 3.

From point Number 7, how did they therefore, come about the conclusion made from 1 to 6? When they had no access to important forensic evidences!
Speculations and beer parlor report!
And what stops this government from conducting the required investigation now?
Re: Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke by Nobody: 3:45pm On Nov 15, 2015
chukwudi44:
All these boys selling fake spare parts and "bend-down" select cloths in idumota and alaba wont let us hear word, pa shukudi! hian!

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Aliu Sabiu, Katsina Speaker Snubs Woman’s Handshake (Photos) / Did El-Rufai And His Deputy, Bantex Slap Each Other? Here Is The Story / Patience Jonathan’s Aridolf Resort Wellness & Spa Yenagoa (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.