Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,389 members, 7,808,374 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:06 AM

Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. (6272 Views)

What My Bro Did To An Ex (classic Blast) / Meeting An Online Date For The First Time, The Appropriate Venue. / Should I Tell My Ex-Boyfriend That I Want Him Back? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:48pm On May 21, 2009
They never slept together. You depraved dorks have severe issues.
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by Nobody: 3:54pm On May 21, 2009
KINI BIG DEAL d worst is dat u guys wld have sex.ehnnnn avnt u done it b4.
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by Vuitton(m): 4:14pm On May 21, 2009
@ poster you are curious
U had loads of fun with him back then and seem to anticipate possibilities kiss
If you got no relationship now and you want to have a fling, this is a sure ticket wink

U stated he wont fit the profile of your future partner so you gotta kno wot you want: fling or friendship.
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by Doffypops: 6:01pm On May 21, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

How would u know this, dearest thief of hearts? Having said that, I agree its wrong for everyone to assume they have slept together and hence will so so again (non-sexual relationships still exist, in case y'all jaded cynics don't know).

@Poster -

You are a smart, articulate woman who is still way too interested in this guy by the sound of your posts. You are picturing the girl he's with? Lol! Come on, you want him back, I think? You should go and see him if you're so curious. Don't torture yourself so!

If he gets you where he wants you though, you'll have to deal with that!
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:50pm On May 21, 2009
Doffypops:

How would u know this, dearest thief of hearts?

ive noticed most of the people replying with such comments are newbies and dont know the story/history of top's lats relationship. Those who of us who know the history know that this isnt about "ex sex"
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by bigboyslim(m): 8:31pm On May 21, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

ive noticed most of the people replying with such comments are newbies and dont know the story/history of top's lats relationship. Those who of us who know the history know that this isnt about "ex sex"

Nope its not, its about "sexy ex"
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by AmAlone: 10:44pm On May 21, 2009
bigboyslim:

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by omoyoruba1(m): 10:49pm On May 21, 2009
Be prepared to get bleeped after N500 Suya and small stout.
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by Treetop20(m): 2:05am On May 22, 2009
how did the meeting go?
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by topup: 7:57am On May 22, 2009
Outstrip:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Okay I need to stop laughing at you. I can almost sense your excitement. LOL. Just don't meet him in his hotel though.
My excitement?? Of course, my life's boring at the moment with exams and work, and everything is so monotonous, so it's like gist - then add to the fact that I haven't spoken to him in half a year then yes, of course I'm excited at the prospect of drama. The type of drama isn't going to be anything the people on here are thinking, When I posted this topic, I was contemplating which excuse to give so I didn't have to meet, but just to balance the strong views of 'once the debe always debe' I'm stating reasons for meeting as I am still wavering.

bigboyslim:

I agree with Outstrip. Topup is excited about this meeting. Her head tells her she shouldn't be, but she just can't help it. I think she still has feelings for the guy but she's wise enough to handle the situation in a mature way. Topup I am convinced that you can handle the situation if you decide to meet up with Mr ex.
I have feelings for him?? Must I be disgusted and repulsed at a guy to show that I don't have feelings for him? Is it really that black and white.

ThiefOfHearts:

THANK YOU!!

Feelitx:

Outstrip can sense your excitement,I can touch it. I see you trembling already and your statements gave you up.

Gimme a break *hit head*!!
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by topup: 7:58am On May 22, 2009
bigboyslim:

No.
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by biina: 8:23am On May 22, 2009
smiley
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by topup: 8:38am On May 22, 2009
It's not deliberate. I made a mistake.

Thank you.
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by Nobody: 8:47am On May 22, 2009
By fretting you are already showing that you do not trust yourself on how you would react if he tries to make advances at you. Well ask your self what you'll do if he wants to start the fire again. Are you sure you wont give in. And if he kisses and runs are you sure you wont regret it again.

In my opinion. Let him say whatever he has to say to you on phone. grin. Its over, its over. Why does he want to see you. If you run into him its a different matter. But fretting over an ex means you still have feelings for him.

Guys are funny . When we miss a particular girls "own thing" we look for a way to get back, eat and run. I know other guys would crucify me, but its the truth.

Break the hedge the serpent will bite. No talk say I no tell you. grin grin
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by topup: 8:54am On May 22, 2009
dabriggs:

By fretting you are already showing that you do not trust yourself on how you would react if he tries to make advances at you. Well ask your self what you'll do if he wants to start the fire again. Are you sure you wont give in. And if he kisses and runs are you sure you wont regret it again.

In my opinion. Let him say whatever he has to say to you on phone. grin. Its over, its over. Why does he want to see you. If you run into him its a different matter. But fretting over an ex means you still have feelings for him.

Guys are funny . When we miss a particular girls "own thing" we look for a way to get back, eat and run. I know other guys would crucify me, but its the truth.

Break the hedge the serpent will bite. No talk say I no tell you. grin grin

And how am I fretting??

And how would you explain the fact that he's 'coming back to eat something he never ate?'

I understand that you probably skimmed through the topic and probably don't know the background on the story, so why not just comment generally, on meeting up with exs.

What if there is no opportunity to bump into the ex again, what are your opinions?? What if the guy is making another trip to your city to see you, What's your response?

I think the only way I'll be able to prove I'm not 'running into his arms' or 'wanting to be with him again.' is for me to have never asked this question.
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by baron2000(m): 9:13am On May 22, 2009
somebody gets bunked very soon by her ex. im just too sure.
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by Feelitx(m): 10:23am On May 22, 2009
Why do I sense that we won't get to know when you finally meet him? You are excited about meeting him,why did you come looking for advice when you knew in advance what you wanted to do.
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by Nobody: 10:45am On May 22, 2009
There is no need. A great talker often has much to hide.

I still stand my grounds and say if its over , its over. If you have feelings for him then see him. You dont need our opinions in that case because even if we tell you not to , you will still do anyway.

Must you see him?Thats my question?Must you see him because he wants you to?
If he is making another trip to see you ask him why?Why dos he want to see you?To know if you grew fatter or slimer or what? See the earlier you gain control of this stuff the better you can face him.
All im saying is ask your self. Choose your decisions and choose wisely. Wish I could chat with you on YIM.

For me the facts are clear. Even a blind man can see it.
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by topup: 10:58am On May 22, 2009
dabriggs:

I still stand my grounds and say if its over , its over. If you have feelings for him then see him. You dont need our opinions in that case because even if we tell you not to , you will still do anyway.

If he is making another trip to see you ask him why?Why dos he want to see you?To know if you grew fatter or slimer or what? See the earlier you gain control of this stuff the better you can face him.
All im saying is ask your self. Choose your decisions and choose wisely. Wish I could chat with you on YIM.

I am not naive, I know there has to be a reason, but asking might not reveal this, as people can lie.

I haven't made up my decision, I cannot live my life by the advice I read here on Nairaland, because no one will hold themselves accountable for any mishappenings, and that's life.

I'm listening to advice, but it's hard to hear it through some of the comments given from others.

I don't get what you mean though about the 'better I'll be able to face him.'.
What if I'm not planning on seeing him?? - won't the strength onlye be necessary if I'm meeting him??
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by Feelitx(m): 1:31pm On May 22, 2009
Now that we have given you all the strength you need,oya go ahead with the meeting naw.
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by springss: 3:13pm On May 22, 2009
dabriggs:

DaBriggs, I think you captured my sentiments perfectly!

Topup, I suspect that you still have affectionate feelings for this guy despite the fact that your relationship ended unpleasantly. Seeing an ex face-to-face is always a very risky venture. The good memories may flood back and you may be swept away momentarily in the swirl of emotion. Oftentimes people do what they swore not to do, especially if both parties still fancy each other.

Since you don't feel indifference towards this guy, you are probably still in love but in denial or you hate him. If the situation were the later, we would most likely not be having this discussion.

Truth be told my dear, no amount of advice from this forum would change the outcome of your meeting. You are a very smart person and I’m sure you have weighed the possibilities and consequences. You alone know this guy and he knows your weaknesses. If you let him, he will manipulate you. At the end of your meeting, one or two of three things may happen 1) you may put closure to any chance of coming together 2) you may open yourself up to getting a reconciliation 3) you would hurt so much afterwards especially if he takes advantage of you or you cross a boundary you set for yourself (physical or emotional).

The mindset that things are boring (school, work, etc) is precisely what will weaken you when you both meet. So be careful not to cross your boundaries. Someone advised that you don’t visit his hotel room… I would advise that you set your boundaries and avoid any situation or place that would facilitate crossing the boundaries. Remember that you won’t really know how you’ll react until it’s over.

Bottom line is that everything depends on what you want going forward. If you don’t want to have anything to do with this guy relationship-wise, then don’t see him. You can always chat on the phone. If you want at least one more peek, them by all means see him, but remember to report back to this forum.
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by topup: 4:42am On May 23, 2009
springss:

DaBriggs, I think you captured my sentiments perfectly!

Topup, I suspect that you still have affectionate feelings for this guy despite the fact that your relationship ended unpleasantly. Seeing an ex face-to-face is always a very risky venture. The good memories may flood back and you may be swept away momentarily in the swirl of emotion. Oftentimes people do what they swore not to do, especially if both parties still fancy each other.

Since you don't feel indifference towards this guy, you are probably still in love but in denial or you hate him. If the situation were the later, we would most likely not be having this discussion.

Truth be told my dear, no amount of advice from this forum would change the outcome of your meeting. You are a very smart person and I’m sure you have weighed the possibilities and consequences. You alone know this guy and he knows your weaknesses. If you let him, he will manipulate you. At the end of your meeting, one or two of three things may happen 1) you may put closure to any chance of coming together 2) you may open yourself up to getting a reconciliation 3) you would hurt so much afterwards especially if he takes advantage of you or you cross a boundary you set for yourself (physical or emotional).

The mindset that things are boring (school, work, etc) is precisely what will weaken you when you both meet. So be careful not to cross your boundaries. Someone advised that you don’t visit his hotel room… I would advise that you set your boundaries and avoid any situation or place that would facilitate crossing the boundaries. Remember that you won’t really know how you’ll react until it’s over.

Bottom line is that everything depends on what you want going forward. If you don’t want to have anything to do with this guy relationship-wise, then don’t see him. You can always chat on the phone. If you want at least one more peek, them by all means see him, but remember to report back to this forum.

Thanks for taking the time to write the reply, but right now I just feel worn out. I've been defending myself but still I'm told that I am in denial and also I'm apparently in love with him. All of this is confusing me, I guess maybe I'm not over him, if I still think it's exciting to see him - that's what you guys keep saying to me. I definitely don't want to reconcile. Is it so wrong to want to kill two birds with one stone; 1 - be able to ask any lingering questions (and I can't remember any) 2 - to be able to re-state what he has lost.

I came on Nairaland last year, and I was told that it was my fault for ignoring his messages back then when messages mattered, and so since then, I've tried not to do anything that could aggravate the situation. I wasn't even thinking about him, until he text me asking if he could meet. sad

Lastly, I agree, most things can be said over the phone.
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by toosoon(m): 12:56pm On May 23, 2009
why are you disturbing your brain? If your ex request for s along the line and you deliver, kini big deal, afterall you will still end up with someone else's "ex".
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by Ejadamen(f): 9:58pm On May 23, 2009
topup:

Thanks for taking the time to write the reply, but right now I just feel worn out. I've been defending myself but still I'm told that I am in denial and also I'm apparently in love with him. All of this is confusing me, I guess maybe I'm not over him, if I still think it's exciting to see him - that's what you guys keep saying to me. I definitely don't want to reconcile. Is it so wrong to want to kill two birds with one stone; 1 - be able to ask any lingering questions (and I can't remember any) 2 - to be able to re-state what he has lost.

I came on Nairaland last year, and I was told that it was my fault for ignoring his messages back then when messages mattered, and so since then, I've tried not to do anything that could aggravate the situation. I wasn't even thinking about him, until he text me asking if he could meet. sad

Lastly, I agree, most things can be said over the phone.

Why? This seems to be a big issue for you and i do not see why it should be. Don't let what you've read here wear you down after all it is your life. Like so many people have said here, you are smart. Use that smart brain of yours to make a decision. Even if it ends up being a mistake, that's life, learn and move on. If the decision ends up working out, hurrah. My dear life is just too short and important to fuss about an ex, unless you really want to get back with him.
All the best.
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by C2H5OH(f): 10:05pm On May 23, 2009
This is so fucking retarded.  And you know deep down in your heart that you are not even half way over this boy.  After all the crying, all the hurt and drama, you are still ever so ready to run back into the arms of this boy.  He has had his fair share of fun while he was away from you, probably clubbing it up with the boys, shagged a few girls here or there, lived the life of a playa, knowing he has you by the throat and can do as he wishes to you.  You are curious to know how he's doing because you are trying to find out if he's now ready to be with you.

This topup really gets on my nerves sometimes.

Do not give it a go unless you think the relationship is still viable.
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by topup: 7:51am On May 24, 2009
Ejadamen:

Why? This seems to be a big issue for you and i do not see why it should be. Don't let what you've read here wear you down after all it is your life. Like so many people have said here, you are smart. Use that smart brain of yours to make a decision. Even if it ends up being a mistake, that's life, learn and move on. If the decision ends up working out, hurrah. My dear life is just too short and important to fuss about an ex, unless you really want to get back with him.
All the best.

*Chuckles*. . it's not a big issue for me. I think I've already been warned about the consequences of discussing my personal life on Nairaland. I think this will probably be the last time I do.
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by C2H5OH(f): 8:09pm On May 24, 2009
topup:

*Chuckles*. . it's not a big issue for me. I think I've already been warned about the consequences of discussing my personal life on Nairaland. I think this will probably be the last time I do.

Please dear, you have been saying that for decades now. You can't help it. I think we are only trying to warn you to be careful. You are afterall a human being. Emotions can not be turned on/off like water faucets.
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by Feelitx(m): 1:56pm On May 25, 2009
I hope I have not been one of those people that wore you out. I just felt you should have done a risk assessment and told your self some home truths.

Going forward,always make sure it is what you want that counts.
Re: Meeting An Ex-boyfriend. by omoyoruba1(m): 11:59pm On May 26, 2009
aRE YOU SURE HE DIDNT SHOW YOU HIS JOHN THOMAS grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lies Guys Tells While Wooin / Guys Beware. Fake Butt Everywhere. / Is it Okay For A University Graduate To Date A Secondary School Girl??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.