Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,605 members, 7,801,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:56 PM

Help!!! Need Advice On How To Break Up; - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help!!! Need Advice On How To Break Up; (40119 Views)

Every Guy Wants To Have A Taste Of My Pretty Younger Sister, I Need Advice Pls / 29-year-old Lady Caught Between Two Men Seeks Advice On Who To Marry / ADVICE On The Best Gift To Give An EX On Her Wedding. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!! Need Advice On How To Break Up; by dovetark: 12:18pm On Nov 15, 2015
Jabioro:
Your case is simple,you love her and that is what is killing you...and when die or life get damage both physically and spiritually then you realize you have atimes sweet thing leave or you leave as this case .be a man take off every your mind including the past..she is not existing character. I Lean such simple technical from my little girl when her mother left me..and today am enjoy..close your heart and heart bros.in order to be focus in life need be blind.

Hmm... thanks.
Re: Help!!! Need Advice On How To Break Up; by dovetark: 12:20pm On Nov 15, 2015
BTT:
Op, please one quick questionh

Is a woman - another woman - now involved?

Honestly?

Lol Question for the gods, even if she tells me no, how will I know?
Re: Help!!! Need Advice On How To Break Up; by dovetark: 12:22pm On Nov 15, 2015
Oluwapresley:
Sometimes, ''officially'' ending a relationship doesnt mean ur out of the relationship. Sometimes, u just find out ur more in the relationship and more connected even if ur officially not in a relationship.
Simply put, ma nigga, work that sh*t out cox from what I read, it doesnt look like u guys are tryna work nothing out. U dont care about ur bullshit no more

Thanks, helpful!
Re: Help!!! Need Advice On How To Break Up; by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 12:23pm On Nov 15, 2015
when it takes a nose dive, sticking around will only make it worse.
first thing is to cut off all manner of communications, cut down on ur use of social media where you both communicate and get rid of her pictures in ur gallery, her personal effects should be eliminated around you for now till the next 5 to 6 months and i advice you dont date anyone else for the main time. rad this book if u can download it.. A ROAD LESS TRAVELED. it will help you discover alot of things about yourself.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Need Advice On How To Break Up; by malele(m): 12:23pm On Nov 15, 2015
damola1:
Guys can't seem to stand on their feet when they want to break up. Girls will go ahead to break up most times...

Guys tthink before they break up.
Girls dont, that's why dey keep running from one man to another

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! Need Advice On How To Break Up; by dovetark: 12:23pm On Nov 15, 2015
Sweetyie:
op dnt end it na, u guyz shud go 4 a holiday or trip

I swear I have been looking forward to that, but right now economy bad... Thanks really helpful.
Re: Help!!! Need Advice On How To Break Up; by Nobody: 12:23pm On Nov 15, 2015
dovetark:
We've dated officially for over 3 years, I have to admit she's a nice girl when her heart is in it, but certain events have occurred which has left a once blissful relationship sour. Prior to the series of events that have brought us to this point, I used to feel like a superhuman with her in my life (for real I could do anything I set my mind to do and succeed), but all that has changed... Life happened!!! We've both been hit by series of events that have adjusted our perspective on how we view life which has undoubtedly affected us. Since the beginning of this year, we've been on a free fall with our emotions. We've not had intense quarrels neither have we had intense passion being together of late (I admit, they both spice up a relationship) and we have grossly neglected each others feelings. We both played our roles in getting to where we are now, I feel the door closing in fast on us and I can't stand this flip-flop of emotions involved.

We've tried taking a break and that didn't work, I have suggested severally that we just remain friends and end the relationship but I really don't know why she doesn't agree to that. We can't just stand each others bullshit anymore but still a part of us wants it to go back to how it used to be I guess that's the reason we've been hanging on.

I am not here to cry over spilled milk, rather, I am here to seek advice on how I would successful end this relationship without it having profound effects on my psychology and emotions while maintaining optimum productivity as an individual. Please your comments are needed and appreciated. Thank you Nairaland.

Please don't just read, I need your suggestions.
Well, sorry about that. Seems like you feel very terrible.

Beyond a shadow of a doubt, I think this woman still loves you and may not really hold onto any negativity. Life is so gritty sometimes. Are you concerned about parental approval?

The key to a "solid relationship" is to understand where feelings of lust, desire and attraction originate in the women's brain.

If you think you can't go far with this woman, is better you drop her now, so that she'll find someone else and not blame you later.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help!!! Need Advice On How To Break Up; by francizy(m): 12:25pm On Nov 15, 2015
dovetark:
We've dated officially for over 3 years, I have to admit she's a nice girl when her heart is in it, but certain events have occurred which has left a once blissful relationship sour. Prior to the series of events that have brought us to this point, I used to feel like a superhuman with her in my life (for real I could do anything I set my mind to do and succeed), but all that has changed... Life happened!!! We've both been hit by series of events that have adjusted our perspective on how we view life which has undoubtedly affected us. Since the beginning of this year, we've been on a free fall with our emotions. We've not had intense quarrels neither have we had intense passion being together of late (I admit, they both spice up a relationship) and we have grossly neglected each others feelings. We both played our roles in getting to where we are now, I feel the door closing in fast on us and I can't stand this flip-flop of emotions involved.

We've tried taking a break and that didn't work, I have suggested severally that we just remain friends and end the relationship but I really don't know why she doesn't agree to that. We can't just stand each others bullshit anymore but still a part of us wants it to go back to how it used to be I guess that's the reason we've been hanging on.

I am not here to cry over spilled milk, rather, I am here to seek advice on how I would successful end this relationship without it having profound effects on my psychology and emotions while maintaining optimum productivity as an individual. Please your comments are needed and appreciated. Thank you Nairaland.

Please don't just read, I need your suggestions.

The easiest way is to stop contacting the said person, stop checking her out on whatsapp or any other social network, get yourself/mind occupied and thats all..

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Need Advice On How To Break Up; by Dinakas(f): 12:29pm On Nov 15, 2015
From all you've said, I didn't see where you said you guys talked deeply about the problem. Sometimes, problems of relationship is misunderstanding and miscommunication. What if you guys can save the relationship? It's 3yrs. Sometimes we look for spark and all, it's good o, but don't forget one would get married. What if after 3years of marriage things are going somehow, would divorce be the answer? Marriage is a lifetime and within that period, so many things we didn't expect show themselves.

I'm not saying you shouldn't break up, I'm just saying think about it, can it be resolved? Can something better happen? Can it work? Whatever you decide, you can go ahead with whatever it is.

4 Likes

Re: Help!!! Need Advice On How To Break Up; by Lasgidy1(m): 12:31pm On Nov 15, 2015
Abbykem:
Chai! 2day is sunday I begggy. HBD
Yes oo. Till either of us die
Re: Help!!! Need Advice On How To Break Up; by tablu: 12:31pm On Nov 15, 2015
This ur story get as e be! There is really somting your not letting out of the can of worms...

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Need Advice On How To Break Up; by dovetark: 12:31pm On Nov 15, 2015
Oliviaarims:
Lalasticlala,Farano,pls,help him with this by pushing it to FP..

Well,well...I feel sad for this story. Looks like a beautiful relationship going down the drain..after how long..3 years? That's something! It's obvious a break up is inevitable,since u've always suggested it. So it's best u get it over and done with ASAP...U've postponed too long. If u guys want this relationship to get somewhere,u'd only realise it being apart.. not as a couple. That's the only time both of u will be able to objectively decide on what u want,find out what went wrong and how to fix it...But the breakup's got to happen. Ur gf ought to understand. At least she can see for herself that the spark's gone...there's no need clinging to a dying flame. U either make a new fire or go out there to find out how to rekindle the dying one..sth that'd keep it burning for a real long time.
Just make her understand all these. Tell her the relationship isn't working anymore.And yes,u'll be hurt...u'll wonder if breaking up was the best solution,but u'll get over it if u decide to. If she still refuses to understand,then perhaps u'd have to take measures to enforce the break up and keep her away.

Mind u,break up only if u think the relationship is never going to be salvaged by sticking together.

Well, well... Look who we have here, the brain behind my post making fp by calling on the gods in charge smiley Thanks a million. BTW I followed you and will appreciate a follow back from such genius.

To the subject matter, I feel sad for my story too cause I thought this will lead somewhere. Although the fact that we might not end up together doesn't necessarily mean the story won't have a happy ending, who knows? It could even be for the best as no man really knows what lies ahead of him. You are quite realistic, as hard as it may seem, we need to go down the road as that might be the only way we could appreciate each other better.

Thank you so much.
Re: Help!!! Need Advice On How To Break Up; by sandracoopert(f): 12:32pm On Nov 15, 2015
dovetark:
I believe in working things out. Take her out more often. U two obviously love urselves, it's the spark u have lost. Spend more time with each other....... remove all distractions. if u start a new relationship today, it will be exciting at first, but it will also become old and get to this stage. Learning how to rekindle dwindling flames is d key. Good luck bro.
Re: Help!!! Need Advice On How To Break Up; by zoomman(m): 12:34pm On Nov 15, 2015
deramarks:
Lol I didn't read sha I just glanced through hope u don't expect an advise from me
I guess u didn't go to church 2day
Re: Help!!! Need Advice On How To Break Up; by dovetark: 12:35pm On Nov 15, 2015
megawax8:
first, you have to decide if you want to stay or leave, then,

you just leave or stay.

Truth is no matter how long the epistle anyone writes on advicing you to do either, you'd end up doing just that you have resolve to do.

What do you truly want?

Thanks helpful, @bolded Fact, but all these epistles would influence the resolve I would take finally.
Re: Help!!! Need Advice On How To Break Up; by dovetark: 12:37pm On Nov 15, 2015
mcnepow:
I actually do not have any advice for a grown man that doesn't know how to end a relationship..

Today marks my 10th year on NL cool

I would appreciate as much Likes as possible for me! cheesy cheesy

Thanks, we all have our deficiencies.
Re: Help!!! Need Advice On How To Break Up; by dovetark: 12:37pm On Nov 15, 2015
ZuzuMan:
grin grin simple !

Lol, this would take too much energy from me. I am mostly a one woman man.
Re: Help!!! Need Advice On How To Break Up; by dovetark: 12:42pm On Nov 15, 2015
funkymatics:
ok. see me finish syndrome is disturbing u. you never loved her in the first place you only like her but now situations have opened your eyes to see that she's better off being your friend and not your love. when u love some one its unconditional but when you like someone its cos of what you see in her which you must continue to see, however, nothing last forever.

solution: release the babe by making her know you just liked her. my own opinion.

I Loved her and Still do... But conditions have made the feelings dwindle.

Thanks, your comment is helpful.
Re: Help!!! Need Advice On How To Break Up; by progresson: 12:43pm On Nov 15, 2015
Guy when u wanted to go into this relationship and when her body and package dey sweet u u no bother imforming us. Now u don fall her orange and package finish u wan give excuse Run.. Lie lie no way. No just put asunder to wat u don join 2geda. Relationship is a semi-marriage, hence for better for worse.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! Need Advice On How To Break Up; by kings09(m): 12:45pm On Nov 15, 2015
Op u ddnt tel us hw u got into d affair bt u wnt hw to get out nw dat d enjoymnt has ended. Eithr both of u r confused or u r still hangin on 4 d sake of future konji. Go resolve ur private issue urslf n stop wasting Fp opportunities 4 beta issues of national interest.
Re: Help!!! Need Advice On How To Break Up; by therapistmrs: 12:45pm On Nov 15, 2015
just tell her how you feel and what you have decided to do (gently ).all the best

therapistmrs..com
Re: Help!!! Need Advice On How To Break Up; by dovetark: 12:45pm On Nov 15, 2015
progresson:
Guy when u wanted to go into this relationship and when her body and package dey sweet u u no bother imforming us. Now u don fall her orange and package finish u wan give excuse Run.. Lie lie no way. No just put asunder to wat u don join 2geda. Relationship is a semi-marriage, hence for better for worse.

Lol. Thanks all the same
Re: Help!!! Need Advice On How To Break Up; by dovetark: 12:46pm On Nov 15, 2015
gohzieh:
Bro! Yea stuffs happen and you see reasons why you can't continue with her.
Get a new hobby, even if its starting a course, or learn a new trade that will occupy your time that way you will distant yourself from her. I beleieve you spend so much time with that is why your emotions are tied. See her once in a week, once in 2weeks, if she asks tell her you travelled,or your new hobby is not giving you time enough.

Thanks, helpful.
Re: Help!!! Need Advice On How To Break Up; by dovetark: 12:47pm On Nov 15, 2015
grocery:
Maybe the both of you should try and talk things out, then tell her your mind that you are no longer interested in the relationship. Don't know if it will be difficult for you, call her face to face and tell her your mind, allow her to say hers as well, then conclude by telling her you are no longer interested.

Thanks, helpful.
Re: Help!!! Need Advice On How To Break Up; by dovetark: 12:48pm On Nov 15, 2015
Quinnlee:
maybe u shud discover d energy or d impulse dat was alive at d early stage.Complacency happens even in marriage but we don't just give up.Try and rebuild ur relationship since a part of u and part of her wants 2still try.

Thanks, helpful.
Re: Help!!! Need Advice On How To Break Up; by dovetark: 12:51pm On Nov 15, 2015
Adaahjacob:
Just b careful and follow u'r instincts..... Advice from ppl now will do u no good honestly, decide for yourself and finally u gon excel.

Thanks, I need it that's why I asked for it. I have no problem with filtering information that is useful to me and discarding the ones that are not. Thanks helpful.
Re: Help!!! Need Advice On How To Break Up; by dovetark: 12:52pm On Nov 15, 2015
Nelgenius4me:
There comes a time when relationship will put a person in a downward curve- but if you are at the Base of your relationship and it is going no where, I strongly advise you kiss goodbye. Sometimes it is better to remain as friend and relish the good memories than being in marriage and suffer trauma. Stop holding long onto relationship that isn't giving you joy.

Thanks, helpful.
Re: Help!!! Need Advice On How To Break Up; by acegikmoqsuwy: 12:54pm On Nov 15, 2015
Lasgidy1:
If I were u, I'll commit murder and commit suicide, in that case, no winner, no vanquished!
Anyways, today's my bday. Me and shalewa go f_ck ourselves until there's nothing left of us

LMFAO... U r an excellent badt adviser
Re: Help!!! Need Advice On How To Break Up; by yanabasee(m): 12:55pm On Nov 15, 2015
dovetark:

Lol, no matter how serious a situation is, when humor is thrown at me, I can't help but laugh... which I am doing right now. but at the end of the day bro, the problem won't be solved. So you can share an experience on how you ended a relationship with a girl before and I can learn from it. I haven't formally initiated a break up before and that is why I ask.

Same goes to you @Pennah

You'll never breakup with her if you're still single... You have to get emotionally attached to somebody else and also let her have a man in her life( somebdy that will treat her well and show her love)... That will dismantle your relationship...

This is so because... You guys are emotionally attached...even when you don't want to believe you have feelings for each other... And until that emotions are diverted to someone else...then it'll still be attached to you...

I needed to know what really happened that you seek to end a relationship of three years and above

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Need Advice On How To Break Up; by dovetark: 12:55pm On Nov 15, 2015
Thanks a million, this was helpful.
Drfinn:
OP, obviously your in a fix. You have invested much in this relationship, letting go seem difficult more so due to her refusal to end the affair. Times like this call for sober reflection.

You need to ask yourself what you truly want in life. Keep emotions aside and her insistence on continuing the relationship. This is your life. It's about your happiness. Talk to yourself. You did mention how incompatible it was at the beginning what went wrong? Did any of you cheat? Did the other party genuinely forgave if it happened? Is there some distance or some one in the picture? Can you both despite several attempts salvage the relationship? These and many more you should ask yourself.

You should realize that familiarity has a way of robbing relationships off its thrills and joys. Time test all relationships, this could be one of those times. It's pretty difficult these days finding a compatible partner. However, that doesn't mean you should endure a relationship. It should be enjoyed. You might consider having a heart to heart talk with her. Sometimes you need to be apart from those you love to truly value them. Wish ever decision you take know that you have the right to be happy!
Re: Help!!! Need Advice On How To Break Up; by dovetark: 12:56pm On Nov 15, 2015
Thanks.

creepsyme:
dnt worry bro the relationship will die a natural death but if u want to fast foward it, start seeing anoda girl and dats it. good luck!
Re: Help!!! Need Advice On How To Break Up; by joel4422: 12:57pm On Nov 15, 2015
Win!!! Win!!! Win!!! We bless God for a successful winning on
our weekend game. It's been great all the way, here
is our won ticket for the weekend fixed match.
I congratulate all my new and old subscribers winning for
the first time, now you can testify that fixed matches exist.
Straight up to our next fixed game which comes up on
wednesday. I encourage you all join our winning this
midweek and our games will be available with odds ranging
from 130 odds and 935 odds.
Interested subscribers should inbox me on facebook now or
add me up on whatsapp on:08032557731or call me now on
08032557731Your winning is always our priority. Stay
bless!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Valentine: Man Surprised His Wife With New White Toyota Venza / Please Help! I Have Over Dependent Girlfriend Relationship Is Demoralizing Me / Dating Someone Who Doesn't Have A Car Is....inconvenient"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.