Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,389 members, 7,781,118 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:19 AM

When God Doesnt Make Sence - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When God Doesnt Make Sence (1132 Views)

8 Signs That A Church Doesnt Get Grace - Paul Ellis / The Road To Hellfire Is A BROAD Road. Many Are Doing It DOESNT Make It Right / [b]when God Calls You Into Ministry[/b] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When God Doesnt Make Sence by ayokanmi3(m): 1:32pm On Nov 15, 2015
Growing up I used to question God's ability & actions.. I couldnt find answers to why God just allow somethings to happen, I couldnt just solve the mystery, I did not understand why God had to take Pastor Mrs Bimbo Odukoya when she just started ministering to countless youths I did not also undetstand why God allowed my very good freind & mentor 'Wale' to die even when he was so faithful to God(and his works).. I am very inquistive and I question anything that doesnt seems right to me or I dont understand. A freind told me a true-life story of a young man who at his early age devoted his life to God; he wants to please God atall cost and do his bidding. He went to a theology school and thereafter went ahead to study medicine and became a certified medical doctor so he can administer health solutions to the disadvantage as he had pledge his life to missionary works in bringing the good news to countless souls. He abandoned his family & personal ambition and left for a very rural community in africa where there are lacks of health-care. Finally, he got to the community and within about 3days he had helped several people in getting rid of their chronic diseases and ran out of drugs so he decided to quiclky go to the nearest town to get more drugs but unfortunately he was involved in an auto fatal accident which claimed his life.(and yes no matter how fatal the accident, God can save him if he want). This was when people needed him most.. Also a story about a man of God who had brought restoration to people's home and family by prayers. But for about 25 years now of marriage he has no child of his own and yet God still keep using him to get anwers to people.

These and many more examples keep making me ask questions as young boy about Gods love and ability..
There were the times 'when God doesnt make sence' atall.....

But few years back, I cam across one of my very best book which gave answers to some of my questions; the book titled 'when God doesnt make sence' by Dr James Dobson. In the book Dr. Dobson made different scenerios of when you feel God doesnt make sence and the effect it has coupled with the un-seen you dont know thereafter I was able to understand from the book that we must first have a better idea of who God is and how he interact with us in four(4) specific areas:
1. God is present and involved in our lifes even when he seems deaf or an extended leave of absence. God is always there for us. Matt28v20, Prov18v24, Psalm 139v7-10.
2. Gods timing is perfect even when he appears castrophically late. Looking at the case of Lazarus death that Jesus didnt show up while he was sick not untill he died and yet it wasnt too late(John 11)
Also looking at Manasseh in 2king21 who did so many bad things against God and yet God allowed him to live for 55years but Uzza just did a little mis-deed in 2Sam6v6 and died immediately, also Ananians & Sapphire. So God is just God and so owns none any explanation.
3. For reasons that are impossible to explain, we human beings are incredibly precious to God. God loves us so unconditionally. Even Job was wondering why he loved us so compassionately in Job7v17-18. David also acknowledge his love in Psalm8v4. The scripture also described him as our father In luke 11v13. Also psalm 103v13 showed how God loved us. Even Isiah 66v13 likened him to a mother.
4. Your arms are too short to box with God. Dont try it...
God replied Job in Job 38v37.
Always beleive that God simply wants the best for you though sometimes things may not go the way we wanted; God is simply making us in a corner. Never allow satan to use 'betrayal barrier' to win you away from God...

More importantly dwell with the holy spirit, even before I came across this book(when God doesnt make sence); the holy spirit had been my interpreter and comforter anytime where it seems 'God doesnt make sence'. Make the holy spirit your daily conversational partner.

Happy sunday

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When God Doesnt Make Sence by ayokanmi3(m): 8:57pm On Nov 15, 2015
Cc Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: When God Doesnt Make Sence by eazyjay4(m): 9:36pm On Nov 15, 2015
Wow nice piece

1 Like

Re: When God Doesnt Make Sence by ayokanmi3(m): 10:26pm On Nov 15, 2015
eazyjay4:
Wow nice piece
Thanks

1 Like

Re: When God Doesnt Make Sence by UyiIredia(m): 11:37pm On Nov 15, 2015
As someone said, even in 'nonsense' there is still sense.

1 Like

Re: When God Doesnt Make Sence by ayokanmi3(m): 4:10pm On Nov 25, 2015
UyiIredia:
As someone said, even in 'nonsense' there is still sense.

Very true...

1 Like

Re: When God Doesnt Make Sence by Judas2013: 4:15pm On Nov 25, 2015
ayokanmi3:

Very true...

Re: When God Doesnt Make Sence by Nobody: 9:00pm On Nov 25, 2015
Wish I could be seeing this kinda post on fp Nice one by the way Lalasticlala over to you
Re: When God Doesnt Make Sence by Anas09: 11:48pm On Nov 25, 2015
@Op.
A point in ur post made me laf. Seriously what is wrong with these Nigerians? They step their feet into Europe or America and all of a sudden, Africa becomes a country or a state even. "Your Friend came to a rural community in Africa". HELLLO, Africa is a continent not a country or state. Lol.
A friend based in the US just visited. And everytime, he kept saying "you Africans". This is the third Friend doing this. And I started wondering, do they stop being Africans by virtue of them living in America or Europe? That said.

Its good you found the answers to your quarry. I'll recommed you also read "The Sovereignty of God, and Where is God, When it Hurts?" By Arthur W. Pink.
These books also help to answer those questions.

One thing Humans fail to realise is that, God owns man. He decided to create him male or female. Black or white, short or tall. It is God's prerogative to do with his man as he pleases. If he decides to keep man alive for a thousand yrs, it's His Bizness. If he decides man dies immidiately he is born, its his bizness. You were not part of the decision making when God was planning his earth, now you want God to first consult you before taking actions. Who are you exactly.

Eeeeee, Ancient of Days. Its ignorance of who Jehovah is that makes Dust talk back at him. A jew is brought up knowing the Awesomeness and the Almightiness of Yahweh, that they can't bring themselves to call him by name. Instead they address Him as the LORD.
The liberty in the dispensation of Grace will be the undoing of somany people.
Re: When God Doesnt Make Sence by coolcalm13(f): 1:28pm On Nov 26, 2015
Wow!!! interesting... @op couldn't read the pm you sent ooo
Re: When God Doesnt Make Sence by Maamin(m): 2:04pm On Nov 26, 2015
@Op can u at least correct the word "sence" to "sense" in your topic. undecided

1 Like

Re: When God Doesnt Make Sence by Humblebloke(m): 6:27pm On Nov 26, 2015
The jewish deity made mistakes......and will punish his own creations for his actionsundecided

Does that even make any sense
Re: When God Doesnt Make Sence by ayokanmi3(m): 8:06am On Nov 29, 2015
[quote author=Judas2013 post=40395995][/quote]

1 Like

Re: When God Doesnt Make Sence by ayokanmi3(m): 8:09am On Nov 29, 2015
coolcalm13:
Wow!!! interesting... @op couldn't read the pm you sent ooo

Thanks..... What pm oooooo?

1 Like

Re: When God Doesnt Make Sence by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:21am On Nov 29, 2015
[quote author=Judas2013 post=40395995][/quote]

Its apparent to deduce indoctrination from the photo you posted lipsrsealed
Re: When God Doesnt Make Sence by ayokanmi3(m): 2:13pm On Dec 06, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Its apparent to deduce indoctrination from the photo you posted lipsrsealed
But that doesnt depicit the content of the post

1 Like

Re: When God Doesnt Make Sence by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:18pm On Dec 06, 2015
ayokanmi3:

But that doesnt depicit the content of the post

I know . He's a troll , an amateur smiley
Re: When God Doesnt Make Sence by yeniajayi(f): 2:56pm On Dec 06, 2015
Quite enlighting... This should be on the front page....cc lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Galatians 5: 19 - 26 In Pidgin / See What A Suicide Bomber Trainer Did To Himself And His Students / 10 Signs Of A Prosperity Gospel That Actually Makes You Poor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.