Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:25 AM

Thread For South South Igbos - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thread For South South Igbos (12593 Views)

Fayose, Ambode, Amosun, Akeredolu In Abeokuta For South-West Governors Forum / South South Igbos Are Not Aware Of SS/ND Republic / SGF: New Deal For South-east Over Ekweremadu-tribune (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For South South Igbos by Rose2014: 10:35am On Nov 17, 2015
jstbeinhonest:

Comming from someone that comments on the yoruba commonwealth thread,mtcheew,Hypocrite.
tongue
Re: Thread For South South Igbos by explorer250(m): 11:32am On Nov 17, 2015
Legitbaba:
I have lost all respect for d OP and some Igbo friends on this thread....in as much as i support D Biafra movement. Nd want N.Delta to b part of it...it dosnt make sense at dis point in time weda D Rivers ikwerre man is Ibo or not...How did Obobo/Bonny become Igbo Villages??..Saying Igbo is D majority in d N.Delta alone is a big insult...
My broda OP..threads like dis will only help d south West nd North to make jest of our Unity...we know our boundaries... Speaking d same language doesn't mean they are frm d same plc...
There are many English speaking nations...they hve never claimed to b England citizens...
We are fighting d same battle.....#peace
Proudly Ijaw..

but your ijaw brother barcanista started this. In as much as i respect you,you should channel your grievances to barcanista. He has been creating anti igbo threads on nairaland and liking anti igbo comments. He is the real tool of the enemy

6 Likes

Re: Thread For South South Igbos by Nobody: 1:06pm On Nov 17, 2015
cc tonyebarcanista
Re: Thread For South South Igbos by explorer250(m): 1:18pm On Nov 17, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
cc tonyebarcanista
pls dont invite him to my thread he is not needed here
Re: Thread For South South Igbos by Xpaz: 1:38pm On Nov 17, 2015
Lols I love this
Re: Thread For South South Igbos by demielvis: 2:24pm On Nov 17, 2015
Following like folo folo
Re: Thread For South South Igbos by Donarozzi: 7:01pm On Nov 17, 2015
Identity crisis exists in Igboland especially among some Igbo communities in the South-South region of Nigeria. Igbo leaders should solve this problem fundamentally by declaring that all Igbo communities in the South-South should be merged together with the South-East region. Igbo leaders should make this demand a top priority and work together to achieve the goal.

Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe foresaw the present predicament in 1949 when he said, "The only worthwhile stand we can make as a nation is to assert our right to self-determination, as a unit of a prospective Federal Commonwealth of Nigeria and the Cameroons, where our rights will be respected and safeguarded. Roughly speaking, there are twenty main dialectal regions in the Ibo nation, which can be conveniently departmentalized as Provinces of an Ibo State, to wit: Mbamili in the northwest, Aniocha in the west, Anidinma and Ukwuani in the southeast, Nsukka and Udi in the north, Awgu, Awka and Onitsha in the centre, Ogbaru in the south, Abakaliki and Afikpo in the northwest, Okigwi, Orlu, Owerri and Mbaise in the east, Ngwa, Bende, Abiriba Ohafia and Etche in the southwest. These Provinces can have their territorial boundaries delimited, they can select their capitals, and then can conveniently develop their resources both for their common benefit and for those of the other nationalities who make up this great country called Nigeria and the Cameroons.

"Let us establish an Ibo State, based on linguistic and ethnic factors, enabling us to take our place side by side with the other linguistic and ethnic groups which make up Nigeria and the Cameroons."

Similarly, the Eze of Asaba, Professor Chike Edozien with great wisdom and intelligence advised Igbo politicians to work towards unifying all Igbo communities into one geopolitical zone. Professor Edozien actually laid out conditions he believes will cement Igbo unity permanently. He called on the people of the South-East zone to support the creation of Anioma State and another for Igbo-speaking people of Rivers State to make for seven states, all of which will be lumped together in one zone or region.

https://www.nairaland.com/2390549/why-some-s-southerners-denounce-igbo

https://www.nairaland.com/2583504/1949-nnamdi-azikiwes-speech-ibo

1 Like

Re: Thread For South South Igbos by tonychristopher: 7:27pm On Nov 18, 2015
explorer250:
I want us to understand that though we are carved into minority states we are not minorities. We are part and parcel of a greater whole which is the IGBO NATION. We wont settle for less in the name of minority because in the event of crisis no body will call us minority, we will always be dealt as igbos not as ndokis,ikwerres,egbemas,ogbas or ndonis. We can not run away from our shadow neither can we do so to our identity.

When ijaws was protesting against the long rule of igbos in our dear state(rivers), they did not see it as ikwerre rule or ndoni rule but saw it as an igbo rule. During the event of PH ownership crisis the ijaws claimed that ikwerres are igbos and that they should go back to the uplands because they(okrika/ijaw) are the owners of the land ant that ikwerres are migrants from upland.

Though i am a not strong believer in the biafran project i do understand that our destinies are lumped together with our upland brothers and even if we have grieviances due to the Civil war we should learn how to resolve our problems internally. IGBOS MUST LEARN HOW TO STOP WASHING HER DIRTY LINENS OUTSIDE FOR THE AMUSEMENT OF OUR FOES.
The purpose of this thread is to raise a resistance against the emotional and psychological war being waged against us by some opportunist. Some elements in this forum opened their cavity and said that igbos are inconsequential and has no bargaining power in the nigerian politics.

In reference to this i want to categorically state that IGBOS ARE THE LARGEST PRODUCERS OF NIGERIAN CRUDE OIL AND GAS. This is contrary to the view held by many that thinks ijaws holds the statues quo. This can be seen when all the igbo oil wells in abia,imo.anambra,delta and rivers state is sumed up and This is not exclusive to the oil alone igbos are also the largest ethnic group in south south and in the niger delta. This is because when all the igbos in rivers,delta and edo state is added we constitute the largest group in ss and ND.

When germany was divided into east and west germany, it was the responsibility of germans to unite and shake of the division created by their foes, therefore, it is our responsibility to unite in such times like this.
The south south is a blessing in disguise for we the igbos because we will continue to dominate and constitute the majority in the region

igbo bu ofu
igbo amaka
igbos has the best human ans natural resource in nigeria
igbo bu igbo ana m ekele o
i rep oyigbo(rivers){parternal} and egbema(imo){maternal}
NB if you are not igbo pls keep off
oya my brothers come in and throw your comments
upland igbos you are allowed to contribute

Chukwu gozie GI
Chukwu gozie Igbo
Chukwu gozie m

2 Likes

Re: Thread For South South Igbos by tonychristopher: 7:30pm On Nov 18, 2015
explorer250:

you are just an inconsequential fellow seeking undue attention and popularity on nairaland.
I will rather take the words of chibuike amaechi(an ikwerre leader) who openly declared that he is igbo and the words of ohaneze ndigbo president in rivers state who is ikwerre than a faceless hopeathand who could be anybody

Dont mind those monkeys

1 Like

Re: Thread For South South Igbos by tonychristopher: 7:33pm On Nov 18, 2015
zuchyblink:
so what these 2 shameless people are saying(barcanista and truchpusher)is that HRH Eze Egi Etiti One of Ogba Land is not an Igbo man?
Eze is an ijaw name

Some times I ask if they actually reason ..the IQ of my bingo will do better than theirs
Re: Thread For South South Igbos by basilo101: 2:01am On Nov 19, 2015
Igbos in SS should know that not all SEners support Biafra, so if u dont support Biafra its not a crime but dat doesnt mean accepting ur tribe will make ppl from SE to come and take ur lands. afterall Imo has oil and accept being igbo and i have not seen ppl from Enugu taking Imo lands because of being fellow igbo

2 Likes

Re: Thread For South South Igbos by Donarozzi: 9:16pm On Nov 19, 2015
explorer250:
We are part and parcel of a greater whole which is the IGBO NATION.

"The carry over of this artificiality of boundary into Nigeria, is evident when Kwara and Kogi States are treated as Northern, instead of Yoruba (Western) States, or when Asaba and Agbor (Oshimili, Anioma and Ika) are included in a Delta State. It is therefore clear that a Conference of Nationalities will involve, not only a restructuring of functions between the bloated Centre and the States, but there also has to be, a re-grouping of the States along national/ethnic lines. To continue with the examples I have given above, Kwara and Kogi will merge with the Yoruba States and Asaba and Agbor (Oshimili, Anioma and Ika) should merge with their sister Igbo States east of the Niger."

http://www.waado.org/nigerdelta/essays/resourcecontrol/sagay.html

2 Likes

Re: Thread For South South Igbos by explorer250(m): 9:24pm On Nov 19, 2015
Donarozzi:

"The carry over of this artificiality of boundary into Nigeria, is evident when Kwara and Kogi States are treated as Northern, instead of Yoruba (Western) States, or when Asaba and Agbor (Oshimili, Anioma and Ika) are included in a Delta State. It is therefore clear that a Conference of Nationalities will involve, not only a restructuring of functions between the bloated Centre and the States, but there also has to be, a re-grouping of the States along national/ethnic lines. To continue with the examples I have given above, Kwara and Kogi will merge with the Yoruba States and Asaba and Agbor (Oshimili, Anioma and Ika) should merge with their sister Igbo States east of the Niger."

http://www.waado.org/nigerdelta/essays/resourcecontrol/sagay.html
thats/right
Re: Thread For South South Igbos by ocelot2006(m): 10:42pm On Nov 19, 2015
EternalTruths:

Mumu wey no know the road to her village

Go around the border area to find out more especially with annang people cool

Oh please do lecture me, an annang man from Etim Ekpo, about the Akwa Ibom "igbos". Please do note that my in-laws are from Obot Akara & Ika quite close to Etim Ekpo. So please Mr. Igbo man, do lecture me about my own tribe & state.
Re: Thread For South South Igbos by ocelot2006(m): 10:43pm On Nov 19, 2015
Just another circle jerk thread by these leeches again. Attachment by force.
Re: Thread For South South Igbos by somegirl1: 1:11pm On Nov 21, 2015
rhymaster:

Ibos are NOT Niger Deltans or SS, it's like an ibo saying because he lives in Lagos or his parents gave birth to him in Lagos, he is a Western Ibo or Yoruba Ibo, how preposterous, low and desperate Ibos will go just for land, oil and access to the sea in an effort to enslave the minorities in the SS. For sure there may be ibos in the SS but they will have to migrate back to Iboland and leave the lands of the SS when or if war breaks out or Biafra is magnanimously granted by Nigeria. So, no shaking, you can keep lying to yourselves!

You know that SS is a zone carved from existing lands, not an ethnic group, don't you?

3 Likes

Re: Thread For South South Igbos by Nobody: 1:18pm On Nov 21, 2015
Truckpusher:
How our people survived these set of greedy humans for years in the old Eastern region is something extraordinary.

Respect to all the fallen heroes of the Niger Delta people. They paid with their lives that we may know the truth.

Please are the ikwerre people Okrika or ijaw, please educate me.
Re: Thread For South South Igbos by VickJames(m): 2:44pm On Nov 21, 2015
I come with a strong word of greeting to all my brothers in the southsouth geopolitical zone. it has been my cry since the day I started reading about my people about the evil thing they did to us because of the different travails we faced in the 20th century. It was matter of time before we igbos lose our identity and become sedentary animals in this country called Nigeria. Our strength in this country cannot be rivaled but they shrunk our balls in a way that we beg to become anything we ought to become in this country.

I need the unity of igbos to be strong because in the coming years, many things will happen in this country that will make us fight for what is ours and we can only win if we stick to one another in the time of distress. it is important we dont take this advice as another "one of those things". we should take our unity as our major priority and job and never to lose touch of it in anyway.

i believe in my tribe, igbo and my loyalty remain with us.

2 Likes

Re: Thread For South South Igbos by honourhim: 3:26pm On Nov 21, 2015
rhymaster:

Ibos are NOT Niger Deltans or SS, it's like an ibo saying because he lives in Lagos or his parents gave birth to him in Lagos, he is a Western Ibo or Yoruba Ibo, how preposterous, low and desperate Ibos will go just for land, oil and access to the sea in an effort to enslave the minorities in the SS. For sure there may be ibos in the SS but they will have to migrate back to Iboland and leave the lands of the SS when or if war breaks out or Biafra is magnanimously granted by Nigeria. So, no shaking, you can keep lying to yourselves!

When was South South created? Just yesterday by the northern millitary regime in their bid to cause division ammongst us. And you are using it to determine the boundary of Igbo land. See how low you can reason? Shame.

1 Like

Re: Thread For South South Igbos by Afam4eva(m): 4:00pm On Nov 22, 2015
explorer250:

madoo
nice to meet you bro
i rep mmahu egbema in ohaji/egbema LGA(though thats my maternal side)
You guys are lucky in Mmahu as there are roads everywhere.
Re: Thread For South South Igbos by explorer250(m): 7:17pm On Nov 24, 2015
Afam4eva:
You guys are lucky in Mmahu as there are roads everywhere.

are you also from egbema?
Re: Thread For South South Igbos by Donarozzi: 7:19pm On Nov 24, 2015
Debates on Igbo people and their neighbours...

https://www.nairaland.com/1072992/brief-history-ndokwa/2#40365843
Re: Thread For South South Igbos by Afam4eva(m): 5:00pm On Nov 26, 2015
explorer250:

are you also from egbema?
No, I'm not. But I frequent Mmahu and Obokofia.
Re: Thread For South South Igbos by Eastlink(m): 6:23pm On Nov 26, 2015
Afam4eva:

No, I'm not. But I frequent Mmahu and Obokofia.
So Afam even knows Egbema. Wonders! Yet, you are one of the most vocal myopic Igbo antagonist who usually kick against our reunion with the SE. You are always quick to refer to Igboland as simply the 5 SE affair.
Re: Thread For South South Igbos by Duru1(m): 6:29pm On Nov 26, 2015
Donarozzi:
Identity crisis exists in Igboland especially among some Igbo communities in the South-South region of Nigeria. Igbo leaders should solve this problem fundamentally by declaring that all Igbo communities in the South-South should be merged together with the South-East region. Igbo leaders should make this demand a top priority and work together to achieve the goal.

Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe foresaw the present predicament in 1949 when he said, "The only worthwhile stand we can make as a nation is to assert our right to self-determination, as a unit of a prospective Federal Commonwealth of Nigeria and the Cameroons, where our rights will be respected and safeguarded. Roughly speaking, there are twenty main dialectal regions in the Ibo nation, which can be conveniently departmentalized as Provinces of an Ibo State, to wit: Mbamili in the northwest, Aniocha in the west, Anidinma and Ukwuani in the southeast, Nsukka and Udi in the north, Awgu, Awka and Onitsha in the centre, Ogbaru in the south, Abakaliki and Afikpo in the northwest, Okigwi, Orlu, Owerri and Mbaise in the east, Ngwa, Bende, Abiriba Ohafia and Etche in the southwest. These Provinces can have their territorial boundaries delimited, they can select their capitals, and then can conveniently develop their resources both for their common benefit and for those of the other nationalities who make up this great country called Nigeria and the Cameroons.

"Let us establish an Ibo State, based on linguistic and ethnic factors, enabling us to take our place side by side with the other linguistic and ethnic groups which make up Nigeria and the Cameroons."

Similarly, the Eze of Asaba, Professor Chike Edozien with great wisdom and intelligence advised Igbo politicians to work towards unifying all Igbo communities into one geopolitical zone. Professor Edozien actually laid out conditions he believes will cement Igbo unity permanently. He called on the people of the South-East zone to support the creation of Anioma State and another for Igbo-speaking people of Rivers State to make for seven states, all of which will be lumped together in one zone or region.

https://www.nairaland.com/2390549/why-some-s-southerners-denounce-igbo

https://www.nairaland.com/2583504/1949-nnamdi-azikiwes-speech-ibo

The people of Anioma have shown that they are bona fide Igbo both in their actions and words. Even Igbanke people have resolutely stated they are Igbo. Now, the mantle of prove to be Igbo does not rest in the hands of Igbo leaders but in the hands of people who have ominously denied being Igbo.
Re: Thread For South South Igbos by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 8:33pm On Nov 26, 2015
angry

Re: Thread For South South Igbos by flozybk(f): 1:03pm On Dec 03, 2015
dned:

no offence please. did ur mum told u how old she was then?
how is dat ur bizness
Re: Thread For South South Igbos by Nobody: 10:17pm On Dec 08, 2015
Candyrain:
Initiate you are yet to tell us how you came about being from Uyo and how you have Ini as a name when you are truly an impostor, come explain abeg. You've been busted and all of a sudden you became a ghost.

Dearpreye Africanfinest Freshvine Pazienza Rose2014 Warrior01 Carnegiefan chukwudi44 Ihemba Yujin Ezeagu Easternlion Freedom4biafra Ipobdevil Ikengawo Billygee2u
Duru1 400Billionman Blacktechnology Kingzizzy Auntysuzan Ichidodo Kettykin Sunnybobo3 Biafranqueen Descartes Mogidi Wombraiders Phockphockman Pointb
Ngwakwe Tonychristopher Wisdomguy4u Obosiland FreeGlobe Whynotthetruth Ugomba

'Initiate' moniker is a Yoruba guy smh
Yet he created a thread claiming Uyo

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

National Youth Conference: The Time To Come To The Table Is Now - FG / APC Set To Postpone National Convention By Two Weeks / Senate Condemns UNIPORT Killings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.