Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,145 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:44 AM

HIV Prevalence Ranking: Rivers State Most Rampant, Ekiti The Safest - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / HIV Prevalence Ranking: Rivers State Most Rampant, Ekiti The Safest (59072 Views)

Nigerian HIV Prevalence By States 2016/2017 / 2015 World Aids Day...bonny Lga Has The Highest Hiv Prevalence Of 18% / Rivers State Tops List Of States With HIV Prevalence As Ekiti Becomes The Safest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

HIV Prevalence Ranking: Rivers State Most Rampant, Ekiti The Safest by midolian(m): 7:43am On Nov 16, 2015
Chances of getting infected with HIV/AIDS in Rivers state, Nigeria’s oil-rich city is pretty high as it ranks number one in the country.

There’s loads of money in Rivers, so is the vulnerability of its citizens and residents to HIV/AIDS.

According to the HIV/AIDS prevalence ranking by states published by National Agency for the Control of Aids (NACA) after the 2013 National Aids Reproductive Health Survey, Rivers sits pretty at the top 4.7 per cent more than number two, Taraba state.

The ranking also came as a result of test carried out on persons living with HIV/AIDS.

It showed that Rivers with 15.2 per cent topped the new prevalence chat, as Taraba with 10.5 per cent is second, while Kaduna has 9.2 per cent to be on the third.

Nasarawa, FCT, Akwa Ibom, Sokoto and Oyo are on the fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh, eighth and ninth spots respectively on the prevalence rate chart with 8.1, 7.5, 6.5, 6.4, 5.6 and 5.6 per cent respectively.

On number 10 is Yobe with 5.3%. Here’s how other states rank: Cross River – 4.4%, Ondo – 4.3%, Gombe – 3.4%, Abia – 3.3%, Bayelsa – 2.7%, Osun – 2.6%, Imo – 2.5%, Borno – 2.4%, Plateau – 2.3%, Lagos – 2.2%, Jigawa – 2.1%, Adamawa – 1.9%, Kwara – 1.4%, Kogi – 1.4%, Kano – 1.3%, Enugu – 1.3%, Niger – 1.2%, Anambra – 1.2%, Ebonyi – 0.9%, Kebbi – 0.8%, Edo – 0.8%, Delta – 0.7%, Ogun – 0.6%, Bauchi – 0.6%, Zamfara – 0.4%, Ekiti – 0.2%.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/11/16/hiv-prevalence-ranking-rivers-state-most-rampant-ekiti-the-safest/

Lalasticlala!

View the rankings by NACA below:

8 Likes 7 Shares

Re: HIV Prevalence Ranking: Rivers State Most Rampant, Ekiti The Safest by agarawu23(m): 7:49am On Nov 16, 2015
Rivers shocked

I trust them, they sabi fvck well not minding protection grin

Cc jolllyjoy cheesy

36 Likes

Re: HIV Prevalence Ranking: Rivers State Most Rampant, Ekiti The Safest by joseph1832(m): 7:50am On Nov 16, 2015
Thank God it isn't the north. The cases of VVF there is just too worrisome. No vex o midolian.

Really, I still believe this will not deter people in Rivers state from having unprotected sex. Even when HIV couldn't be curtailed, people still have unprotected sex.

All this is just news, whether HIV, Herpes, or whatever, people will still have unprotected sex.

agarawu23:
Rivers shocked

Cc jolllyjoy cheesy
Bros how you take know? Abi you sef dey hama one Rivers babe skin to skin abi? grin LOL.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: HIV Prevalence Ranking: Rivers State Most Rampant, Ekiti The Safest by midolian(m): 7:52am On Nov 16, 2015
joseph1832:
Thank God it isn't the north. The cases of VVF there is just too worrisome. No vex o midolian.

Really, I still believe this will not deter people in Rivers state from having unprotected sex. Even when HIV couldn't be curtailed, people still have unprotected sex.

All this is just news, whether HIV, Herpes, or whatever, people will still have unprotected sex.
Hmmmm.. Sir Jossy. My girlfriend is from Rivers..and this got me thinking embarassed embarassed

agarawu23:
Rivers shocked

Cc jolllyjoy cheesy
cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: HIV Prevalence Ranking: Rivers State Most Rampant, Ekiti The Safest by agarawu23(m): 7:55am On Nov 16, 2015
joseph1832:

Bros how you take know? Abi you sef dey hama one Rivers babe skin to skin abi? grin LOL.
yes na

Talking from experience

Cc jolllyjoy

2 Likes

Re: HIV Prevalence Ranking: Rivers State Most Rampant, Ekiti The Safest by joseph1832(m): 8:05am On Nov 16, 2015
midolian:

Hmmmm.. Sir Jossy. My girlfriend is from Rivers..and this got me thinking embarassed embarassed
Haba! Your girlfriend is from Rivers? I thought Aminat508 is from Kwara?

So you stylishly dissuaded me from toasting her by telling me she's your babe? Bros you bad oh. grin

Aminat oya answer your pm, mido.lian don cast himself. LOL.

agarawu23:
yes na o

Talking from experience

Cc jolllyjoy
Imagine! So you sef don dey hama skin to skin? Kai! Wahala dey oh. LOL. Go do test oh bros.

5 Likes

Re: HIV Prevalence Ranking: Rivers State Most Rampant, Ekiti The Safest by midolian(m): 8:10am On Nov 16, 2015
joseph1832:
Haba! Your girlfriend is from Rivers? I thought Aminat508 is from Kwara?

So you stylishly dissuaded me from toasting her by telling me she's your babe? Bros you bad oh. grin

Aminat oya answer your pm, mido.lian don cast himself. LOL.

Imagine! So you sef don dey hama skin to skin? Kai! Wahala dey oh. LOL. Go do test oh bros.
choi! Bro, Again I omitted the "Ex"..The rivers babe na my Ex abeg. embarassed

4 Likes

Re: HIV Prevalence Ranking: Rivers State Most Rampant, Ekiti The Safest by mikigen(m): 8:24am On Nov 16, 2015
cheesy so my state is 0.7 percent that's cool. As for PH the huge availability of jobs and cash flow is a major determinant of how promiscuous its residents are! Lovely city tho!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: HIV Prevalence Ranking: Rivers State Most Rampant, Ekiti The Safest by joseph1832(m): 8:54am On Nov 16, 2015
midolian:
choi! Bro, Again I omitted the "Ex"..The rivers babe na my Ex abeg. embarassed
LMAO! Ex kor, next nii. gringringrin

8 Likes

Re: HIV Prevalence Ranking: Rivers State Most Rampant, Ekiti The Safest by Nobody: 9:54am On Nov 16, 2015
It would interest you to know however that these figures should not be swallowed raw.

Prevalence of 2.2% of a 17million population means a far higher number of people living with HIV. That makes a whopping 374,000 people. Far greater than the 15% in rivers.

Lesson, ALWAYS, ALWAYS WEAR STOCKINGS[b][/b].

36 Likes

Re: HIV Prevalence Ranking: Rivers State Most Rampant, Ekiti The Safest by damton(m): 10:58am On Nov 16, 2015
noted

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HIV Prevalence Ranking: Rivers State Most Rampant, Ekiti The Safest by KomradeKorsche: 10:58am On Nov 16, 2015
Well am not surprised.. All these white men love Ebony Skin like Chocolate Candy..
Re: HIV Prevalence Ranking: Rivers State Most Rampant, Ekiti The Safest by damton(m): 10:58am On Nov 16, 2015
h
Re: HIV Prevalence Ranking: Rivers State Most Rampant, Ekiti The Safest by McBrooklyn(m): 10:59am On Nov 16, 2015
Girl be lyk dis when they meet their fellow
girls

Ada: Sweetheart howfa?

Tina: Darling am ok

Ada: Waow! I love your hair

Tina: Thank you my love

Ada: You're welcome honey. Am coming to
your house today, so how is it gonna be?

Tina: Sweet

Ada: I hope you have food at home?

Tina: Yes sweetheart, just come over anytime
you like

A GUY DECIDED TO TRY SAME WITH HIS
FRIEND

Peter: Sweetheart howfa nah?

Ibe: Come, you smoke?

Peter: Handsome, I love this your belt

Ibe: Oboy wait o, which day you turn to gay?

Peter: Can I come over to your house?

Ibe: Come do wetin?

Peter: Ok, ok, can i take you out tonight or can i
come over to your house?

Ibe: Idiot, make better thunder fire you there.
So you dey find who you go tear im yarsh and
person wey go follow you go prison for
14years abi? Make better thunder fire you there
grin grin grin

In Olamide Voice, Rivers You Bad O! cheesy

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: HIV Prevalence Ranking: Rivers State Most Rampant, Ekiti The Safest by denitarry: 10:59am On Nov 16, 2015
mhhmm
Re: HIV Prevalence Ranking: Rivers State Most Rampant, Ekiti The Safest by mrlaw93(m): 10:59am On Nov 16, 2015
Mk i sharperly move to Ekiti and start my skin to skin campaign.. Am tired of using durex!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: HIV Prevalence Ranking: Rivers State Most Rampant, Ekiti The Safest by Realgana(m): 10:59am On Nov 16, 2015
Benue is number what?
The person who compiled this is high on unripe oshogbo weed.

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: HIV Prevalence Ranking: Rivers State Most Rampant, Ekiti The Safest by blazetitov: 10:59am On Nov 16, 2015
Hmmmm. Rivers angels dey vex ooo shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: HIV Prevalence Ranking: Rivers State Most Rampant, Ekiti The Safest by Akshow: 10:59am On Nov 16, 2015
K
Re: HIV Prevalence Ranking: Rivers State Most Rampant, Ekiti The Safest by bros12345: 10:59am On Nov 16, 2015
I'm from Imo state. Owerri should be number one.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: HIV Prevalence Ranking: Rivers State Most Rampant, Ekiti The Safest by Cre8(m): 10:59am On Nov 16, 2015
OK. We are safe here.

In need of a graphic designer? 
We are the brand you've been looking for. 

Check out our portfolio to view some of our works -https://www.nairaland.com/1841535/suptol-designs-portfolio

We love to hear from you.

1 Like

Re: HIV Prevalence Ranking: Rivers State Most Rampant, Ekiti The Safest by asumo12: 11:00am On Nov 16, 2015
GGRIN sad
Re: HIV Prevalence Ranking: Rivers State Most Rampant, Ekiti The Safest by FemiFaniKayode: 11:00am On Nov 16, 2015
this stat na lie joooorrr how Edo whey be homebase of Ogbongidis go dey 0.8% hmmmmm

7 Likes

Re: HIV Prevalence Ranking: Rivers State Most Rampant, Ekiti The Safest by yomalex(m): 11:00am On Nov 16, 2015
Be Careful
Re: HIV Prevalence Ranking: Rivers State Most Rampant, Ekiti The Safest by 2dillu2(m): 11:00am On Nov 16, 2015
Gombe number 13 sad sad

I don't believe this sh*it undecided
Re: HIV Prevalence Ranking: Rivers State Most Rampant, Ekiti The Safest by jstbeinhonest(m): 11:00am On Nov 16, 2015
.Ranking of Ashewo states.

2 Likes

Re: HIV Prevalence Ranking: Rivers State Most Rampant, Ekiti The Safest by osabiya16(m): 11:00am On Nov 16, 2015
I believe

End of time virus
Re: HIV Prevalence Ranking: Rivers State Most Rampant, Ekiti The Safest by Nobody: 11:01am On Nov 16, 2015
undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HIV Prevalence Ranking: Rivers State Most Rampant, Ekiti The Safest by kelvyn7: 11:01am On Nov 16, 2015
shocked PORTHARCOURT, TRULY A LAND OF OIL cheesy

1 Like

Re: HIV Prevalence Ranking: Rivers State Most Rampant, Ekiti The Safest by Agimor(m): 11:01am On Nov 16, 2015
These goes to show that Rivers is the head quarter of Olosho.

My £5.2Bcent!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: HIV Prevalence Ranking: Rivers State Most Rampant, Ekiti The Safest by ayusco85(m): 11:02am On Nov 16, 2015
Came to check the state with the highest. Who else came for Dat reason

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Who Returned From London For Christmas Roaming The Streets Of Lagos (Photos) / My Uncle Has Large Boils On His Head, Please Save His Health Condition (pics) / I slept with several prostitute raw..I Thought I Had Hiv, Narrow escape

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.