Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,309 members, 7,780,730 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:55 PM

Fake Nigerian Doctor Arrested In South Africa - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Fake Nigerian Doctor Arrested In South Africa (17619 Views)

Man Who Posed As Us-based Female Doctor Arrested In India For Duping Businessman / EFCC Detains 3 Fake Nigerian Oil Suppliers For Defrauding Ghanaian Of N20m (pics / Photos Of Gana's Native Doctor Arrested After Military Raid On Shrine In Benue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fake Nigerian Doctor Arrested In South Africa by bebe77: 8:52am On Nov 16, 2015
A Nigerian man, Aberie Nwafor has been arrested in South Africa for using fake qualifications to practise as a “doctor” in a government hospital for years.

Nwafor was said to have arrived in South Africa 15 years ago and was arrested Nov. 6 for using fake qualifications to find a job as a doctor at a Limpopo government hospital.

Nwafor's wife, Amara was also arrested and he was found in possession of 14 fake passports.

Last Monday, he appeared in the Polokwane Magistrate Court on charges of fraud, corruption and violation of South African immigration laws.

Reacting to Nwafor's court appearance, Dr Sizeka Maweya of the South African Medical Association (Sama) warned the problem was widespread.

Maweya said: “The Health Professional council is failing us, now we check those foreign doctors from countries such as Nigeria personally, but the problem is that we don’t have capacity, but now SAMA (South African Medical Association) has said ‘let us be the ones who vet them, because we understand the trade’.”

Maweya said Sama had in the past helped the health department to remove two Nigerian “doctors” suspected of using fake qualifications from the Musina hospital and in Waterberg, also in Limpopo.

Limpopo Health MEC Phophi Ramathuba put the blame on Health Professional Council officials for failing to properly vet these “doctors”.

“Most of these foreign doctors know nothing, even some nurses are better than this foreign doctors,” Maweya claimed.

http://www.healththenmore.com/2015/11/fake-nigerian-doctor-arrested-in-south.html
Re: Fake Nigerian Doctor Arrested In South Africa by Nobody: 9:47am On Nov 16, 2015
Why do Nigerian doctors get in the news for all the bad reasons.

Heartbreaking stuff. That one is now ranking Nigerian docs with south african nurses.

God help us

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fake Nigerian Doctor Arrested In South Africa by McBrooklyn(m): 10:46am On Nov 16, 2015
Girls be lyk dis when they meet their fellow
girls

Ada: Sweetheart howfa?

Tina: Darling am ok

Ada: Waow! I love your hair

Tina: Thank you my love

Ada: You're welcome honey. Am coming to
your house today, so how is it gonna be?

Tina: Sweet

Ada: I hope you have food at home?

Tina: Yes sweetheart, just come over anytime
you like

A GUY DECIDED TO TRY SAME WITH HIS
FRIEND

Peter: Sweetheart howfa nah?

Ibe: Come, you smoke?

Peter: Handsome, I love this your belt

Ibe: Oboy wait o, which day you turn to gay?

Peter: Can I come over to your house?

Ibe: Come do wetin?

Peter: Ok, ok, can i take you out tonight or can i
come over to your house?

Ibe: Idiot, make better thunder fire you there.
So you dey find who you go tear im yarsh and
person wey go follow you go prison for
14years abi? Make better thunder fire you there
grin grin grin

The Dude Above Me Though undecided

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fake Nigerian Doctor Arrested In South Africa by damton(m): 10:46am On Nov 16, 2015
SOME PEEPS WOULD SOON COMMENT ABOUT "NAME CHECKING".

4 Likes

Re: Fake Nigerian Doctor Arrested In South Africa by okedoyinolabisi(f): 10:48am On Nov 16, 2015
ds one is a big disgrace to Nigeria...

7 Likes

Re: Fake Nigerian Doctor Arrested In South Africa by Babyphinas(f): 10:48am On Nov 16, 2015
Why are we bent on denting the image of our dear country Nigeria

7 Likes

Re: Fake Nigerian Doctor Arrested In South Africa by wellmax(m): 10:48am On Nov 16, 2015
Please vote for me as...

President

Name Checkers Association.(NCA)

40 Likes

Re: Fake Nigerian Doctor Arrested In South Africa by osabiya16(m): 10:48am On Nov 16, 2015
End of time Doctor
Re: Fake Nigerian Doctor Arrested In South Africa by DaGC(m): 10:49am On Nov 16, 2015
cry
Re: Fake Nigerian Doctor Arrested In South Africa by johnstar(m): 10:49am On Nov 16, 2015
E don red
Re: Fake Nigerian Doctor Arrested In South Africa by denitarry: 10:49am On Nov 16, 2015
gd
Re: Fake Nigerian Doctor Arrested In South Africa by godoluwa(m): 10:49am On Nov 16, 2015
Re: Fake Nigerian Doctor Arrested In South Africa by Nobody: 10:49am On Nov 16, 2015
end time doctor
Re: Fake Nigerian Doctor Arrested In South Africa by osabiya16(m): 10:50am On Nov 16, 2015
okedoyinolabisi:
you nor lie my sister

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fake Nigerian Doctor Arrested In South Africa by Exmay(m): 10:50am On Nov 16, 2015
For the people who are quick to condemn Nigerian Doctors based on this article, kindly take time to comprehend the story well.

The Fraud in question was never a certified Dr. Thus he doesn't in anyway represent the Nigerian medical community at all.

The article simply point to inefficiency of the SA employment agency in carrying out their duty. Imagine committing the Lives of your nationals to the hands of quacks just because you are too complacent in discharging your duty.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fake Nigerian Doctor Arrested In South Africa by Osomalo(m): 10:50am On Nov 16, 2015
Na dem again.

Lord have mercy.

8 Likes

Re: Fake Nigerian Doctor Arrested In South Africa by kulobyno: 10:51am On Nov 16, 2015
Nigeria
Re: Fake Nigerian Doctor Arrested In South Africa by mikeapollo: 10:52am On Nov 16, 2015
This is one of the major reasons why many think Nigerians have become a big nuisance everywhere we migrate. We always want to cheat and break the law

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fake Nigerian Doctor Arrested In South Africa by 1shortblackboy: 10:52am On Nov 16, 2015
okedoyinolabisi:
he's a big disgrace to Biafra

38 Likes

Re: Fake Nigerian Doctor Arrested In South Africa by Nobody: 10:52am On Nov 16, 2015
depressedsoul:
PLEASE DON'T IGNORE

I was born and bred in Lagos Nigeria. i am over 30 but swimming in poverty. i attended a university in Ogun state but i dropped out due to the loss of my mother who happened to be my sponsor back then. My father died before i was 4years old so i had no one to fall back on. I am the only child and life has been so cruel to me. I have no job at hand. My fathers family has taken possession of his property at Agege Lagos because they insist my mother had me for another man due to stories i'm hearing for the first time since my parent's demise. The story of my life is so wide, bitter and depressing. The moral of my epistle is that i need a casual job to survive. I am contemplating suicide at the moment and i almost drank sniper insecticide today. This is my last attempt at survival before i do the needful on my existence. Nairalanders please help me find any legal job be it unskilled labour. I have tried and tried but to no avail. Pardon me for been incoherent. I am a depressed soul waiting to see if my life can have a second chance.

This is not fraud nor scam. if you really want to know how real my story is kindly send me a private message.

Na only yu waka come??

2 Likes

Re: Fake Nigerian Doctor Arrested In South Africa by MICHEALADEX(m): 10:53am On Nov 16, 2015
Wetin be their. Name abeg? undecided
Re: Fake Nigerian Doctor Arrested In South Africa by bayinq25(m): 10:53am On Nov 16, 2015
bebe77:

A Nigerian man, Aberie Nwafor has been arrested in South Africa for using fake qualifications to practise as a “doctor” in a government hospital for years.

Nwafor was said to have arrived in South Africa 15 years ago and was arrested Nov. 6 for using fake qualifications to find a job as a doctor at a Limpopo government hospital.

Nwafor's wife, Amara was also arrested and he was found in possession of 14 fake passports.

Last Monday, he appeared in the Polokwane Magistrate Court on charges of fraud, corruption and violation of South African immigration laws.

Reacting to Nwafor's court appearance, Dr Sizeka Maweya of the South African Medical Association (Sama) warned the problem was widespread.

Maweya said: “The Health Professional council is failing us, now we check those foreign doctors from countries such as Nigeria personally, but the problem is that we don’t have capacity, but now SAMA (South African Medical Association) has said ‘let us be the ones who vet them, because we understand the trade’.”

Maweya said Sama had in the past helped the health department to remove two Nigerian “doctors” suspected of using fake qualifications from the Musina hospital and in Waterberg, also in Limpopo.

Limpopo Health MEC Phophi Ramathuba put the blame on Health Professional Council officials for failing to properly vet these “doctors”.

“Most of these foreign doctors know nothing, even some nurses are better than this foreign doctors,” Maweya claimed.

http://www.healththenmore.com/2015/11/fake-nigerian-doctor-arrested-in-south.html
Endtime doctor
Re: Fake Nigerian Doctor Arrested In South Africa by ifyalways(f): 10:54am On Nov 16, 2015
Nigeria and bad news. Twa !

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EFCC Arrests 8 For Internet Fraud In Makurdi / Man Kills Father In Akwa Ibom Over Fight With Mum / Man Attacks Electricity Official Who Came To Disconnect Light

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.