Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,392 members, 7,800,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:55 AM

Non-Academic Staff Lock Entrances To UNICAL, Flog CSO - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Non-Academic Staff Lock Entrances To UNICAL, Flog CSO (12821 Views)

UNIOSUN Students: "Free Dr Sesan, He Didn't Flog Us We Were Only Catching Fun" / Teachers Strip Students Unclad In Cameroon & Flog Them For Coming Late / See What Happened To Unical Fresh Students On Their Matriculation (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Non-Academic Staff Lock Entrances To UNICAL, Flog CSO by ijustdey: 10:38am On Nov 16, 2015
Mudiaga Affe, Calabar
Academic activities at the University of Calabar, Cross Rivers State, were on Friday brought to a standstill following the locking of all entrances leading in and out of the institution.
Students and lecturers were stranded as no vehicle could gain access in and out of the university’s three major entrances.

The action was carried out by the local branch of the Joint Action Committee comprising Senior Staff Association of Nigerian Universities, National Association of Academic Technologists and Non-Academic Staff Union.
Angry lecturers and students said the union members had by their action, behaved like illiterates.

The institution’s Vice-Chancellor, Prof. James Epoke, complained that his chief security officer was in the early hours of the day, flogged by members of JAC.
When confronted, the local chairman of JAC, Mr. David Egerton, declined comments.

However, one of the members of JAC who spoke in the condition of anonymity, said the workers were protesting the non-payment of earned allowances, off duty allowances for security staff and overtime for a period of over 10 months.

A lecturer, who was stranded for hours outside the university gate, Dr.Deji Owolabi, said he was surprised to have been locked out, adding that there was no indication that the gate would be locked when he left the campus at the early hours of the day.

He said, “I have been out here since morning and just came back at about 11am to see that the gate was locked. I am disappointed that I have had to stay out here without knowing what was wrong. I do not know what is happening.

“Why should they lock us out when most of us live on campus? They mean I cannot have access to my family? This is not the best way to pursue their grievances,” he said.

Another lecturer, whose identity could not be ascertained, in annoyance openly referred to the JAC members as illiterates.
“They are illiterates and that is why they locked the gates. If not, they should have known how to channel their grievances,” he shouted.

His outburst, however, attracted instant criticisms as it did not go down well with JAC members who heard the comment.
The unidentified lecturers took his leave before the JAC members could mobilise others.

When contacted, the Vice Chancellor of UNICAL, Prof. James Epoke, said it was wrong for the workers to take the laws into their hands by locking all entrances to the school.

Speaking on the grievances of the workers, Epoke said the institution released N15m on Monday to cater for some of the complaints of the workers.

For the earned allowances, Epoke said no Nigerian university worker had been paid, adding that the Federal Government was still collating the process of settling it.

He said, “The workers did not tell you that the school management paid N15m to them just on Monday here. Most of them that were qualified to receive it have got theirs. The process is gradual.

“For the earned allowances, no Nigerian university has paid it as the Federal Government is still collating the matter.

“It is mischievous for them to lock the gate. What has the gate got to do with their grievances? They even flogged my chief security officer this morning. I am calling on the police to intervene,” Epoke said.

http://punchng.com/non-academic-staff-lock-entrances-to-unical-flog-cso/

1 Like

Re: Non-Academic Staff Lock Entrances To UNICAL, Flog CSO by damton(m): 10:46am On Nov 16, 2015
TALK OF THUGGERY IN OUR IVORY TOWERS.

IT SEEMS THE ONLY WAY TO DRAW ATTENTION TO ONES PLIGHT AND GRIEVANCES IN NIGERIA IS THROUGH HOOLIGANISM AND ACT OF BRIGANDAGE.

NEVERTHELESS, THEY OUGHT TO BE CONSIDERATE IN THEIR DEMONSTRATION
SAD.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Non-Academic Staff Lock Entrances To UNICAL, Flog CSO by Nobody: 10:47am On Nov 16, 2015
Re: Non-Academic Staff Lock Entrances To UNICAL, Flog CSO by osabiya16(m): 10:47am On Nov 16, 2015
No peace in markets
No peace in schools
No peace at home
No peace at work
No peace in Nigeria
No fuel
No money

Buhari why now?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Non-Academic Staff Lock Entrances To UNICAL, Flog CSO by wellmax(m): 10:47am On Nov 16, 2015
This is serious.
Thugs in the university
Re: Non-Academic Staff Lock Entrances To UNICAL, Flog CSO by gbaskiboy: 10:47am On Nov 16, 2015
thank God i made it again oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Non-Academic Staff Lock Entrances To UNICAL, Flog CSO by JurassicPark: 10:48am On Nov 16, 2015
"..they even flogged my chief security officer this morning" grin grin grin

UNICAL students can now gather some guts to deal with the CSO too..smh #GoodRiddance

3 Likes

Re: Non-Academic Staff Lock Entrances To UNICAL, Flog CSO by denitarry: 10:48am On Nov 16, 2015
Re: Non-Academic Staff Lock Entrances To UNICAL, Flog CSO by geesilver(m): 10:48am On Nov 16, 2015
Received serious flogging in the cause of duty.
Re: Non-Academic Staff Lock Entrances To UNICAL, Flog CSO by richidinho(m): 10:49am On Nov 16, 2015
Too many Associations in Nigeria

one day i saw "Association of Osun Indigenes who voted APC"

grin

16 Likes

Re: Non-Academic Staff Lock Entrances To UNICAL, Flog CSO by pus96: 10:49am On Nov 16, 2015
[email][/email]
Re: Non-Academic Staff Lock Entrances To UNICAL, Flog CSO by johnstar(m): 10:49am On Nov 16, 2015
Its rili end time, dm flog cso ??
Re: Non-Academic Staff Lock Entrances To UNICAL, Flog CSO by Nobody: 10:49am On Nov 16, 2015
end time school
Re: Non-Academic Staff Lock Entrances To UNICAL, Flog CSO by Nobody: 10:49am On Nov 16, 2015
Okkk
END TIME FLOGGING

1 Like

Re: Non-Academic Staff Lock Entrances To UNICAL, Flog CSO by geesilver(m): 10:49am On Nov 16, 2015
I hope the man buttock no swell after flogging
Re: Non-Academic Staff Lock Entrances To UNICAL, Flog CSO by Nobody: 10:50am On Nov 16, 2015
Unions everywhere. The activities of unions is becoming very detrimental to the health of this nation.

1. I spent extra 14 full months in the University thanks to union activities (ASUU).

2. Artificial scarcity of fuel has been created and people are buying at above the recommended price, thanks to petroleum unions in Nigeria.

3. A journey that should cost maximum N1,000 now cost N1800, thanks to the okpolor eyed NURTW union members.

4. Imagine some rag tag nonentities drove a rickety bus to my barbing saloon (where I manage, pending the availability of a better job) to demand that I join their socalled UNION

5. If you don't join UNION, you can't sell vegetable, oil, tomatoes, yam or even garri in many markets.

Are we going to allow this cankerworm to continue to fester

6 Likes

Re: Non-Academic Staff Lock Entrances To UNICAL, Flog CSO by Timoleon(m): 10:50am On Nov 16, 2015
not one picture?
Re: Non-Academic Staff Lock Entrances To UNICAL, Flog CSO by entertainnaija: 10:50am On Nov 16, 2015
I de listen make una keep the gist flowing
Re: Non-Academic Staff Lock Entrances To UNICAL, Flog CSO by Realgana(m): 10:50am On Nov 16, 2015
Pinshure of the buttocks of the CSO or adonblivit.

1 Like

Re: Non-Academic Staff Lock Entrances To UNICAL, Flog CSO by babasolo(m): 10:51am On Nov 16, 2015
Dem for flog that VC
Re: Non-Academic Staff Lock Entrances To UNICAL, Flog CSO by trishkover(f): 10:51am On Nov 16, 2015
University of calamity (UNICAL)
Re: Non-Academic Staff Lock Entrances To UNICAL, Flog CSO by Resilience: 10:51am On Nov 16, 2015
Hmmmm.... Nigerians which way, anyway they acted according to their name. Joint Action Committee
Re: Non-Academic Staff Lock Entrances To UNICAL, Flog CSO by zibi2(m): 10:51am On Nov 16, 2015
shocked

3 Likes

Re: Non-Academic Staff Lock Entrances To UNICAL, Flog CSO by Highcuerayte: 10:52am On Nov 16, 2015
lol
Re: Non-Academic Staff Lock Entrances To UNICAL, Flog CSO by akatekpe(m): 10:54am On Nov 16, 2015
Protest left and right in this country. Which kind of nation are we? cry
Re: Non-Academic Staff Lock Entrances To UNICAL, Flog CSO by Nobody: 10:55am On Nov 16, 2015
smiley

PICTURE OF THE CSO FLAT ON THE GROUND WITH OPEN BUTT CHEEKS AND AN AGED CALABAR MAN FLOGGING HIM OR I DONT BELIEVE IT!

THIS IS THE SICKNESS OF NIGERIANS,

OPEN YOUR HEART, LET BIAFRA TOUCH YOU, AND HEAL YOUR SOUL.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Non-Academic Staff Lock Entrances To UNICAL, Flog CSO by free2ryhme: 10:56am On Nov 16, 2015
Na persin papa dem dey flog like this hia
Re: Non-Academic Staff Lock Entrances To UNICAL, Flog CSO by McBrooklyn(m): 10:57am On Nov 16, 2015
Girl be lyk dis when they meet their fellow
girls

Ada: Sweetheart howfa?

Tina: Darling am ok

Ada: Waow! I love your hair

Tina: Thank you my love

Ada: You're welcome honey. Am coming to
your house today, so how is it gonna be?

Tina: Sweet

Ada: I hope you have food at home?

Tina: Yes sweetheart, just come over anytime
you like

A GUY DECIDED TO TRY SAME WITH HIS
FRIEND

Peter: Sweetheart howfa nah?

Ibe: Come, you smoke?

Peter: Handsome, I love this your belt

Ibe: Oboy wait o, which day you turn to gay?

Peter: Can I come over to your house?

Ibe: Come do wetin?

Peter: Ok, ok, can i take you out tonight or can i
come over to your house?

Ibe: Idiot, make better thunder fire you there.
So you dey find who you go tear im yarsh and
person wey go follow you go prison for
14years abi? Make better thunder fire you there
grin grin grin

UNICAL Though undecided

7 Likes

Re: Non-Academic Staff Lock Entrances To UNICAL, Flog CSO by KomradeKorsche: 10:59am On Nov 16, 2015
The Leadership of Nigeria has set an example for their followers to scale the fence in such situation. I would have done just that as a staff of the school.
Re: Non-Academic Staff Lock Entrances To UNICAL, Flog CSO by Nobody: 10:59am On Nov 16, 2015
so this happened on friday and we are just hearing about it today monday
Re: Non-Academic Staff Lock Entrances To UNICAL, Flog CSO by ikombe: 11:03am On Nov 16, 2015
Click like if you came here to see pix undecided
Re: Non-Academic Staff Lock Entrances To UNICAL, Flog CSO by saintopus(m): 11:05am On Nov 16, 2015
Kai na so UNICAL don be?
As an ex- malabite, I remembered the CSO then, Mr Patrick Odu, "How many head you get to flog Patrick Odu" hmmmm!
With Patrick Odu onboard he will certainly pull the trigger on someone's head.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Ekiti The Most Educated State In Nigeria? / ASUU Will Tackle Buhari If He Fails To Act Early - UI VC / Unilorin News Flash!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.