Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,306 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:08 AM

Free Vegetable Farming Consultation And Training - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Free Vegetable Farming Consultation And Training (7105 Views)

Pls I Need Your Advice On Vegetable Farming Business / Oilpalm Establishment, Consultation And Fertilizer Application Software / How To Do Okra, Fresh Pepper, Vegetable Farming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Free Vegetable Farming Consultation And Training by agrsolfarms: 7:18pm On Nov 16, 2015
Agrsol Farms in conjunction with Oore Ofe Farms have chosen this free consultation and training as our social responsibility. If you take a tour to Mile 12, you will discover that some of the produce we consume like lettuce, cucumber, cabbage, carrot, tomato, spring onion, pineapple, pawpaw, etc comes from our neighbouring countries like Republic of Benin, Togo,Cote d'Ivoire, Congo etc. These vegetable plants/crops mature between 2-3 months depending on care and facilities available, and Nigeria can practically grow all these vegetables even at an added advantage of our very fertile soil.

You don't need large expanse of land as you can start with a plot of land or less and still rake in some thousands if effectively managed. You must humble yourself, be ready to get your hands dirty and also be ready to leave your comfort zone.

You need to visit farms, ask questions and get possible hands-on practical experience and not just seminars(google farmers). Experienced farmers share your ideas and help others grow because you will grow and be more fulfilled if people around you are growing and put in mind that you can't supply the daily needs of Nigeria, you can't know it all or do it all and you still get to make your money anytime any-day.

Agriculture is a slow and steady business and not a get rich quick business, so please beware of scammers as you owe yourself to always double check and confirm information given you.

Note:Anything easy is not good and anything good is not easy, meaning that there will be challenges but with focus,consistency and good guidance, you will always pull through.

You can reach us through our phone lines as this is most preferred between 9am-9pm: 08065896846,08035688585,08098563898,07081813655.
Or by mail: info.agrsol@gmail.com, akanbi2k@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Free Vegetable Farming Consultation And Training by Newway2(m): 12:23am On Nov 23, 2015
Pls where is your farm located?
Re: Free Vegetable Farming Consultation And Training by agrsolfarms: 12:36pm On Nov 23, 2015
The farm location is Ihunbo Village along Owode-Idiroko Road. It's best you call when coming.
Newway2:
Pls where is your farm located?
Re: Free Vegetable Farming Consultation And Training by Newway2(m): 5:49am On Nov 24, 2015
Pls how can I get Ihunbo Village along Owode-Idiroko Road from Lagos?

agrsolfarms:
The farm location is Ihunbo Village along Owode-Idiroko Road. It's best you call when coming.
Re: Free Vegetable Farming Consultation And Training by agrsolfarms: 8:20am On Nov 24, 2015
from Oshodi you can get a direct bus to Idiroko or you can take it bit by bit from Oshodi to Sango and from Sango you get a bus to Idiroko, all you need do is to tell the Idiroko bus driver that you will be highlighting at Iyana-Igbooso in Ihunbo Village and you should call on your way coming.
Newway2:
Pls how can I get Ihunbo Village along Owode-Idiroko Road from Lagos?

Re: Free Vegetable Farming Consultation And Training by agrsolfarms: 8:24am On Nov 24, 2015
Farming is sweet when the money starts rolling in but a lot of hard-work needs to be done....If you are lazy its better you don't even think of it. Based on experience, the greatest challenge in farming is disease attack and that is where you need to ask questions and do your personal research because there are different types of diseases with different treatments. It was surprising to see farmers who have been in farming business for over ten years and never new about disease attacks even when it was steering at them in the face, not to even talk of treating the disease.
As a farmer, you need give your plants close attention to be able to detect any anomalies and immediately find the cause and the control/cure for it. Many farmers hit the score board at first attempt but the consequent attempts are not always the same when after they must have spent money on expansion in order to hit a bigger profit margin and most times it's usually the disease factor which they did not pay close attention to or don't have knowledge of.
A problem shared is half solved and We wish you the very best in your endeavours.
Re: Free Vegetable Farming Consultation And Training by Newway2(m): 12:22pm On Nov 27, 2015
Since you said you can give free consultation/intership for prospective farmer, can I come over to your farm to spend a few days with you working side by side on the farm? I need both the theoretical as well as on the farm experience. Thanks

agrsolfarms:
from Oshodi you can get a direct bus to Idiroko or you can take it bit by bit from Oshodi to Sango and from Sango you get a bus to Idiroko, all you need do is to tell the Idiroko bus driver that you will be highlighting at Iyana-Igbooso in Ihunbo Village and you should call on your way coming.
Re: Free Vegetable Farming Consultation And Training by agrsolfarms: 10:12pm On Nov 27, 2015
You are free to come at your convinient time and the same goes to any interested party.
Newway2:
Since you said you can give free consultation/intership for prospective farmer, can I come over to your farm to spend a few days with you working side by side on the farm? I need both the theoretical as well as on the farm experience. Thanks

Re: Free Vegetable Farming Consultation And Training by Newway2(m): 8:42pm On Nov 28, 2015
Thanks for the info & the offer. I will surely take it up.
I also wish to ask if one can get farmland on long lease for farming purposes at Ihunbo village?

agrsolfarms:
You are free to come at your convinient time and the same goes to any interested party.
Re: Free Vegetable Farming Consultation And Training by agrsolfarms: 7:17am On Nov 29, 2015
You can get an hectare(two and half acres) for #5,000 per year.
Newway2:
Thanks for the info & the offer. I will surely take it up.
I also wish to ask if one can get farmland on long lease for farming purposes at Ihunbo village?

Re: Free Vegetable Farming Consultation And Training by Newway2(m): 2:15pm On Nov 29, 2015
Pls pardon my questions. But I wld like to know the type of vegetable one (I) can grow (this December) at Ihunbo village in this dry season that can make good returns by Feb/March 2016. Is there (any) source of water/irrigation nearby?

agrsolfarms:
You can get an hectare(two and half acres) for #5,000 per year.
Re: Free Vegetable Farming Consultation And Training by Newway2(m): 10:39am On Nov 30, 2015
For you my Oga @ d top, have u heard abt this "Hello Mini Tractor"?
http://m.fastcompany.com/3048780/an-affordable-smart-tractor-for-african-farmers-and-their-tiny-farms

http://www.hellotractor.com

Is it something that cld be explored in Nigeria both as a tool/machine to work & business?

agrsolfarms:
Re: Free Vegetable Farming Consultation And Training by agrsolfarms: 6:40pm On Dec 01, 2015
This is new, affordable and can realy help farmers in Nigeria.
Newway2:
For you my Oga @ d top, have u heard abt this "Hello Mini Tractor"?
http://m.fastcompany.com/3048780/an-affordable-smart-tractor-for-african-farmers-and-their-tiny-farms

http://www.hellotractor.com

Is it something that cld be explored in Nigeria both as a tool/machine to work & business?

Re: Free Vegetable Farming Consultation And Training by agrsolfarms: 6:49pm On Dec 01, 2015
You can plant any vegetable now and make good money as dry season is approaching and it might be a bit tough to get land close to water but it is possible.
Newway2:
Pls pardon my questions. But I wld like to know the type of vegetable one (I) can grow (this December) at Ihunbo village in this dry season that can make good returns by Feb/March 2016. Is there (any) source of water/irrigation nearby?

Re: Free Vegetable Farming Consultation And Training by agrsolfarms: 2:33pm On Dec 06, 2015
We are a team of young farmers with interests in several areas of Agriculture. We are currently expanding our operations to go into vegetable packaging and livestock farming.

We presently grow exotic vegetables like lettuce ,cabbage,egg plant, sweet peppers, spring onions etc, which we sell to the open market.

Our mission for corporate social responsibility is to bridge the information gap between farmers,would-be farmers and the market by giving them insights to turn Agric from self subsistence into real business. We will achieve this by training and mentoring other would-be farmers while sharing ideas from relevant stakeholders in the business.

You may want to visit and like our Facebook page FarmerPreneur where most of this information will be disseminated.

Our long term aim is to build capacity of young Nigerians in Agriculture and reduce and/or eliminate Agric produce importation from other countries. And we believe that by the grace of God ,we will achieve it.

Please feel free to ask questions about what we do and we will gladly share our experiences with you.

You can reach us by phone on 09052992049, O8065896846.
We look forward to hearing from you .
Re: Free Vegetable Farming Consultation And Training by Newway2(m): 8:39pm On Dec 06, 2015
Thanks for thses offers. But I still want to pinch myself to see if your offers are Nigerian-like. Most people in your position with your knwledge & info wld not want to give it free.

If u have decided to give it free, I can only pray for u that may GOD continue to bless & muliply u.

I will take d offer to visit your farm to learn from u & start my own farm soon.

I will call u b4 coming.

agrsolfarms:
We are a team of young farmers with interests in several areas of Agriculture. We are currently expanding our operations to go into vegetable packaging and livestock farming.

We presently grow exotic vegetables like lettuce ,cabbage,egg plant, sweet peppers, spring onions etc, which we sell to the open market.

Our mission for corporate social responsibility is to bridge the information gap between farmers,would-be farmers and the market by giving them insights to turn Agric from self subsistence into real business. We will achieve this by training and mentoring other would-be farmers while sharing ideas from relevant stakeholders in the business.

You may want to visit and like our Facebook page FarmerPreneur where most of this information will be disseminated.

Our long term aim is to build capacity of young Nigerians in Agriculture and reduce and/or eliminate Agric produce importation from other countries. And we believe that by the grace of God ,we will achieve it.

Please feel free to ask questions about what we do and we will gladly share our experiences with you.

You can reach us by phone on 09052992049, O8065896846.
We look forward to hearing from you .
Re: Free Vegetable Farming Consultation And Training by agrsolfarms: 8:55pm On Dec 06, 2015
You are always welcome.
Newway2:
Thanks for thses offers. But I still want to pinch myself to see if your offers are Nigerian-like. Most people in your position with your knwledge & info wld not want to give it free.

If u have decided to give it free, I can only pray for u that may GOD continue to bless & muliply u.

I will take d offer to visit your farm to learn from u & start my own farm soon.

I will call u b4 coming.

Re: Free Vegetable Farming Consultation And Training by agrsolfarms: 7:03pm On Dec 09, 2015
Based on farming experience, it is best to practice mixed farming and to plant them in sections. The reason for this is to have something to fall back to when there is disease attack or when market forces fails(Price) a particular crop.
We wish you the best in your farm business.
Re: Free Vegetable Farming Consultation And Training by Newway2(m): 4:32pm On Dec 14, 2015
My Oga,If I can't get land near water, what is the (cheap) alternative to get water for dry season farming?
Also how do u source for manure?
Can one get accomodation to be staying nearby?
I will be coming to pay u a visit this wk. Hope I will still meet u on d farm?

agrsolfarms:
You can plant any vegetable now and make good money as dry season is approaching and it might be a bit tough to get land close to water but it is possible.
Re: Free Vegetable Farming Consultation And Training by Simmarco: 7:37am On Dec 15, 2015
Morning Agrsol farms,

Please when does one locate you at your IHUNBO farm for consultation and can you please post pics of what your farm currently looks like.

This will help give credibility to all your statements.

Thank You
Re: Free Vegetable Farming Consultation And Training by leelat: 9:52am On Dec 16, 2015
Post the pictures of your farm sir.
Re: Free Vegetable Farming Consultation And Training by agrsolfarms: 10:16pm On Dec 16, 2015
I believe you have seen more than pictures on your visit to the farm today but we would be updating the thread with recent pictures of the farm.
leelat:
Post the pictures of your farm sir.
Re: Free Vegetable Farming Consultation And Training by agrsolfarms: 10:22pm On Dec 16, 2015
I believe your questions were answered as you visited the farm today.
Newway2:
My Oga,If I can't get land near water, what is the (cheap) alternative to get water for dry season farming?
Also how do u source for manure?
Can one get accomodation to be staying nearby?
I will be coming to pay u a visit this wk. Hope I will still meet u on d farm?

Re: Free Vegetable Farming Consultation And Training by agrsolfarms: 10:31pm On Dec 16, 2015
We will be updating the thread with recent pictures of the farm. Do give us a call when you want to visit the farm.
Simmarco:
Morning Agrsol farms,

Please when does one locate you at your IHUNBO farm for consultation and can you please post pics of what your farm currently looks like.

This will help give credibility to all your statements.

Thank You
Re: Free Vegetable Farming Consultation And Training by Newway2(m): 1:37am On Dec 17, 2015
My Oga @d top, Yes, thank u for d very warm reception & d epeness 2 all my questions & Inquiries when I visited ur farm yday. U openness is a thing that needs 2be emulated & promoted by other established farmers in encouraging upcoming farmers & thus advancing our food security.

I shall be coming again 2 spend a fews days on d farm with u.

Once again, I give kudos 2 u. Thank you.

agrsolfarms:
I believe your questions were answered as you visited the farm today.
Re: Free Vegetable Farming Consultation And Training by leelat: 11:31am On Dec 17, 2015
agrsolfarms:
I believe you have seen more than pictures on your visit to the farm today but we would be updating the thread with recent pictures of the farm.
Re: Free Vegetable Farming Consultation And Training by leelat: 11:32am On Dec 17, 2015
Thank for yesterday.
Re: Free Vegetable Farming Consultation And Training by agrsolfarms: 12:53pm On Dec 17, 2015
You are always welcome.
leelat:
Thank for yesterday.
Re: Free Vegetable Farming Consultation And Training by Chuplus(m): 6:14pm On Dec 17, 2015
For offering to help people that have the intention of going into farming but do know how to go about it, May God bless you for that. Do you cultivate tomato and Cucumber?

1 Like

Re: Free Vegetable Farming Consultation And Training by agrsolfarms: 7:30pm On Dec 17, 2015
Yes we do.
Chuplus:
For offering to help people that have the intention of going into farming but do know how to go about it, May God bless you for that. Do you cultivate tomato and Cucumber?
Re: Free Vegetable Farming Consultation And Training by agrsolfarms: 8:14am On Dec 18, 2015
Pictures of the farm two weeks ago, picture 1 is spring onions, picture 2 is lettuce, picture 3 is cucumber, picture 4 is coriander and spring onions

1 Like

Re: Free Vegetable Farming Consultation And Training by bosama: 8:16am On Dec 19, 2015
Pls Sir I'm new here.I have about 6 plots of land and I want to go into vegeteble crop farming.I really need practical advice which I should be involve in.can I come to you farm?

(1) (2) (Reply)

North East Farmers To Remit N1.5bn Loan Repayment Today. / Layers Battery Cage Pictures / "Eta" In Yoruba Tribes Killed Today In My Farm.what's The Name In Ur Tribe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.