Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,080 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:32 PM

Information Minister Dismisses Alleged Fraud In TSA Funds - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Information Minister Dismisses Alleged Fraud In TSA Funds (1574 Views)

Court Dismisses Alleged Breach Of Trust, Forgery Charges Against Chidi Duru / President Buhari To Drop Lai Mohammad As Information Minister - TheImpulseNG / I Use 5, Not 6 Vehicles In My Convoy – Information Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Information Minister Dismisses Alleged Fraud In TSA Funds by wachakuta(m): 8:05pm On Nov 16, 2015
[ Channels Television ] | November 16, 2015

The Minister of Information and Culture, Mr Lai Mohammed, has dismissed as a contrived distraction, the alleged fraud in the Treasury Single Account (TSA) and the rumoured diversion of the TSA funds to bankroll elections in Bayelsa and Kogi States.

In a statement issued in Abuja on Monday, the Minister said that if those behind the accusation had allowed themselves some measure of honesty, they would have realized that there has not and there will be no such impunity under the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari.

”It is understandable that the psyche of those who are making the frivolous allegations concerning the TSA has been badly affected by the impunity that permeated the country under the immediate past administration, when unappropriated funds were freely used to finance elections and the public till was seen as an extension of personal piggy banks.

”But the lies that have been wilfully disseminated by scandalmongers over the TSA cannot and will not fly, because it was precisely to put an end to such impunity that Nigerians voted massively for President Muhammadu Buhari, who has an unblemished reputation for integrity, due process, transparency and the rule of law,” he said.

The Minister assured Nigerians that no one has tampered with the TSA funds, saying though the TSA was initiated under the previous administration, the reason it has begun to enjoy a new lease of life and attract national attention is because of the political will and transparency demonstrated by President Buhari.

”Those behind the rumour that a single company, Systemspecs, made 25 billion Naira from charging 1% of TSA funds that passed through the company’s software, REMITA, may need to return to elementary school to get some lessons in arithmetic.

”This is because in order for 1% charge to fetch 25 billion Naira, the funds accruing into the TSA must have reached 2.5 trillion Naira. Yet, the total amount of funds in the TSA to date is still much less than 2 trillion.

”More importantly, at the time the Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) ordered that all monies that were erroneously charged as ‘revenue’ be returned to the TSA Account late last month, the TSA had less than 800 billion Naira. It therefore beggars belief that anyone could attempt to mislead the public by raising a false alarm that a firm made 25 billion Naira in TSA charges,” Mohammed said.

He appealed to Nigerians not to allow those who have been funding their lavish lifestyles and encouraging corruption, to the detriment of ordinary citizens and without bothering about national interest, to sabotage the laudable TSA programme with contrived lies, dangerous innuendoes and outright misinformation.

Comments
https://mobile.facebook.com/APCNEWSALERT/posts/979418205432639?_rdr

1 Like

Re: Information Minister Dismisses Alleged Fraud In TSA Funds by wachakuta(m): 8:07pm On Nov 16, 2015
Shame on our Vampire Politifcianns... ehm ehm Dino

2 Likes

Re: Information Minister Dismisses Alleged Fraud In TSA Funds by theV0ice: 8:08pm On Nov 16, 2015
cheesy cheesy

Vintage Lai.

Dino Melaye, this is for you

”Those behind the rumour that a single company, Systemspecs, made 25 billion Naira from charging 1% of TSA funds that passed through the company’s software, REMITA, may need to return to elementary school to get some lessons in arithmetic. This is because in order for 1% charge to fetch 25 billion Naira, the funds accruing into the TSA must have reached 2.5 trillion Naira. Yet, the total amount of funds in the TSA to date is still much less than 2 trillion.''

The way the comedian went about it, some dolts were already trumpeting that REMITA was costing the country N25Billion/day. I wonder how much would remain in the account if it were so cheesy

Fayose wants Buhari to tell Nigerians who owns REMITA. Well REMITA is owned by SYSTEMSPECS which is a firm promoted by the following people

Chairman: Christopher Kolade

Managing Director: John Obaro

Directors
Mr Emmanuel Ocholi
Dr. Ernest Ndukwe
Mr Deremi Stands
Dr. Emmanuel Eze

I wonder which of them is PMB or maybe they're all dunces being used by APC chieftains. Also, for those too lazy to research, SYSTEMSPECS signed this contract in Dec 2013. If you don't know who was president then, click HERE to settle it once and for all wink

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Information Minister Dismisses Alleged Fraud In TSA Funds by OnReflection: 8:10pm On Nov 16, 2015
It is understandable that the psyche of those who are making the frivolous allegations concerning the TSA has been badly affected by the impunity that permeated the country under the immediate past administration, when unappropriated funds were freely used to finance elections and the public till was seen as an extension of personal piggy banks.

”But the lies that have been wilfully disseminated by scandalmongers over the TSA cannot and will not fly, because it was precisely to put an end to such impunity that Nigerians voted massively for President Muhammadu Buhari, who has an unblemished reputation for integrity, due process, transparency and the rule of law,” he said.

Let's hope the Thug4Life Governor gets hit by this salvo... grin

5 Likes

Re: Information Minister Dismisses Alleged Fraud In TSA Funds by three: 8:20pm On Nov 16, 2015
Hmmm...
Re: Information Minister Dismisses Alleged Fraud In TSA Funds by gwales: 8:21pm On Nov 16, 2015
Lai Easy on them wailers

8 Likes

Re: Information Minister Dismisses Alleged Fraud In TSA Funds by aieromon(m): 8:43pm On Nov 16, 2015
Lai don koque hin shakabula...everybody run for cover grin grin

No enter cage with Lai oh, I don talk my own grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Information Minister Dismisses Alleged Fraud In TSA Funds by porshuch: 8:47pm On Nov 16, 2015
Lai muhammad hv buried PDP!

CHEI! SEE UPPERCUT!

8 Likes

Re: Information Minister Dismisses Alleged Fraud In TSA Funds by porshuch: 8:49pm On Nov 16, 2015
167 views only 7 post.

Lai muhammad schooling PDP since 12BC.

7 Likes

Re: Information Minister Dismisses Alleged Fraud In TSA Funds by EdCure: 8:57pm On Nov 16, 2015
I like this Lai Mohammed. Anytime i see a headline bearing his name or see him on TV, i know it is another time to laugh at PDP grin

9 Likes

Re: Information Minister Dismisses Alleged Fraud In TSA Funds by derbywarls(m): 9:08pm On Nov 16, 2015
This lai guy bad o. See as dem wailers shut up. Lai Muhammed =pdp migraine

5 Likes

Re: Information Minister Dismisses Alleged Fraud In TSA Funds by Nobody: 9:09pm On Nov 16, 2015
Dino is a disgrace to the good people of Kogi west!
Why did he raise a false alarm that Remita firm made 25 billion Naira in TSA charges??

7 Likes

Re: Information Minister Dismisses Alleged Fraud In TSA Funds by Pavore9: 9:14pm On Nov 16, 2015
Lai Mohammed has started work.....bring it on! cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Information Minister Dismisses Alleged Fraud In TSA Funds by franchizy(m): 9:26pm On Nov 16, 2015
Very good defense from the Minister, I am sure Fayose and Dino Malays together with our wailing brothers and sisters can now shut up and go back to Nursery school.

5 Likes

Re: Information Minister Dismisses Alleged Fraud In TSA Funds by disloman(m): 9:33pm On Nov 16, 2015
Technical knock-out to Dinosuar and Fayothug.What a shame to those who should have been a leader.TSA is here to stay.Wailing wailer!keep fighting degoatification of our yams.Ela oju kan.

4 Likes

Re: Information Minister Dismisses Alleged Fraud In TSA Funds by modath(f): 9:33pm On Nov 16, 2015
Guseh:
Why did he raise a false alarm that Remita firm made 25 billion Naira in TSA charges??

Dino was trying to use a stone to get rid of two birds....

1.Get back at the President & Tinubu on the Saraki issue.

2. Frustrate the TSA cos MDAs are no longer going to be able to bring returns for BUDGET APPROVAL..

7 Likes

Re: Information Minister Dismisses Alleged Fraud In TSA Funds by disloman(m): 9:34pm On Nov 16, 2015
Guseh:
That boy is a goat.No wonder he is a wife beater.

3 Likes

Re: Information Minister Dismisses Alleged Fraud In TSA Funds by disloman(m): 9:36pm On Nov 16, 2015
modath:

Dino was trying to kill a bird with two stones...

1.Get back at the President & Tinubu on the Saraki issue.

2. Frustrate the TSA cos MDAs are no longer going to be able to bring returns for BUDGET APPROVAL..
Bro!
3.No free money when committee sits.
4.Any money deducted will be accounted for.

4 Likes

Re: Information Minister Dismisses Alleged Fraud In TSA Funds by obailala(m): 9:47pm On Nov 16, 2015
Lai is back grin

But for crying out loud, who are those senseless son's of the devil who have been spreading falsehood that Buhari was stealing N25billion daily from the TSA contract?.... I even saw some of the dolts sharing some silly fake news reports on facebook that it was Emir Sanusi's company that was stealing N25billion daily. Why is it only just a bunch of dumbos who supported the devilish plunder of the past administration that are desperately trying too hard to prove that every government including the present one is also foolishly corrupt?

These guys in their desperation to justify their folly are trying to sell a farce to Nigerians that all administrations are equally senselessly corrupt as the last one which God bulldozed for us.

6 Likes

Re: Information Minister Dismisses Alleged Fraud In TSA Funds by babasanti: 9:53pm On Nov 16, 2015
D
Re: Information Minister Dismisses Alleged Fraud In TSA Funds by meforyou1(m): 9:53pm On Nov 16, 2015
Last time I checked, Dino melaye is in APC
Re: Information Minister Dismisses Alleged Fraud In TSA Funds by theV0ice: 9:56pm On Nov 16, 2015
meforyou1:
Last time I checked, Dino melaye is in APC

no one i know is disputing that. not even Lai Mohammed

3 Likes

Re: Information Minister Dismisses Alleged Fraud In TSA Funds by dammytosh: 9:56pm On Nov 16, 2015
lol

First shot Fired.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Information Minister Dismisses Alleged Fraud In TSA Funds by aresa: 9:57pm On Nov 16, 2015
OnReflection:

Let's hope the Thug4Life Governor gets hit by this salvo... grin

6 Likes

Re: Information Minister Dismisses Alleged Fraud In TSA Funds by koboko69: 10:02pm On Nov 16, 2015
Lasticlala moves every poo from Fayose to FP. I have been monitoring his/her activities of late. He/she seems.to be sympathetic with PDP.

4 Likes

Re: Information Minister Dismisses Alleged Fraud In TSA Funds by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:03pm On Nov 16, 2015
Yanga sleep Jeje. Dino and Fayose go wake am

Lai is here. . .everyone need to take cover.

5 Likes

Re: Information Minister Dismisses Alleged Fraud In TSA Funds by Nobody: 10:11pm On Nov 16, 2015
I always like to read Lai's brutality letters.

Lai my role Model. grin

1 Like

Re: Information Minister Dismisses Alleged Fraud In TSA Funds by Ghandi12: 10:17pm On Nov 16, 2015
It is commendable that we now appear to have a responsive Federal Government however some few observations from this side:

% It will not be a bad idea for the entire agreement on the TSA operation to be in public domain - We might have questions ; for instance some may be able to prove the 1% entitled to the platform provider is exorbitant; some other nations operate similar platform and may not be parting that much to their service hands.

% Again the CBN have alleged they have their own internal TSA-executable platform, so why paying so much to a vendor?

% We need to know other beneficiaries (like collecting banks) of the 1% to correctly put figures in right perspectives.

% Again government is a continuum, if an agreement had been duly and legitimately signed asking service providers to return their due is not a good signal for those who want to invest or do business with the government.

% On a trifle note I think we should play it easy with the word "impunity", it appears we have been subconsciously giving it a new meaning.

1 Like

Re: Information Minister Dismisses Alleged Fraud In TSA Funds by dustmalik: 10:21pm On Nov 16, 2015
koboko69:
Lasticlala moves every poo from Fayose to FP. I have been monitoring his/her activities of late. He/she seems.to be sympathetic with PDP.
You aren't the only one that have observed that. I'm just looking at them with one eye. Anything that puts thr Buhari-led administration in good light never make it to FP these days. But the negative one do even without the MODS verifying it.

Earlier today, they pushed a thread about fuel scarcity, which was from last month, to FP, without bothering to verify it.

2 Likes

Re: Information Minister Dismisses Alleged Fraud In TSA Funds by sammyj: 10:36pm On Nov 16, 2015
Well said let Dino cone and clear his name from this mess !!! shocked

1 Like

Re: Information Minister Dismisses Alleged Fraud In TSA Funds by rusher14: 10:43pm On Nov 16, 2015
Lalasticlala, you know what's up.

Just do it.
Re: Information Minister Dismisses Alleged Fraud In TSA Funds by OnReflection: 11:16pm On Nov 16, 2015
Ghandi12:
It is commendable that we now appear to have a responsive Federal Government however some few observations from this side:

% It will not be a bad idea for the entire agreement on the TSA operation to be in public domain - We might have questions ; for instance some may be able to prove the 1% entitled to the platform provider is exorbitant; some other nations operate similar platform and may not be parting that much to their service hands.

% Again the CBN have alleged they have their own internal TSA-executable platform, so why paying so much to a vendor?

% We need to know other beneficiaries (like collecting banks) of the 1% to correctly put figures in right perspectives.

% Again government is a continuum, if an agreement had been duly and legitimately signed asking service providers to return their due is not a good signal for those who want to invest or do business with the government.

% On a trifle note I think we should play it easy with the word "impunity", it appears we have been subconsciously giving it a new meaning.

Your post raises a number of salient points, which should not be dismissed whimsically.
If we isolate the flame-throwing antics of Melaye and Fayose; some of the other information we now know, should move us all to anger.
The fact that some banks have been creaming off as much as 46% of all revenue collected is, worthy of condemnation in my view.

It is only proper that Nigerians demand to know who sanctioned that particular arrangement.

Although the commission is nowhere near the exaggerated N25 billion touted by Mr. Melaye, the one per cent charge also represents a drastic reduction from between the two per cent and 46 per cent commission charged by commercial banks in some instances for collecting government revenues.

Source: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/193213-full-details-of-tsa-dino-melaye-misled-nigerian-senate-on-n25-billion-claim.html

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pictures & Video Of Explosion From Burnt Items Thatrocks Buildings In Benin City / Lagos High Court Faults Coroner On TB Joshua Building Collapse Case / Apostle Johnson Suleman Cursed Kaduna State Governor Mallam El Rufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.