Stats: 3,147,959 members, 7,799,253 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:55 PM

Is There Anyone Here Using The Service of SGK Global Shipping? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is There Anyone Here Using The Service of SGK Global Shipping? (3893 Views)

Jumia Suffered N53 Billion Loss In 2017 / Shipping And Packaging Bags Used Buy Courier Service / Mini Importation Business Still Rocks - Drop Shipping And Much More (2) (3) (4)

Is There Anyone Here Using The Service of SGK Global Shipping? by legalwealth(m): 10:55pm On Nov 16, 2015
There is this company in Lagos called SGK Global Shipping that treats their customer like shit from my own personal experiences:

1. Charged $170 to ship a tab 4 and 4 blackberry phones without prior notice.

2. Received my about N50,000 worth of perfume and body sprays I bought for a customer since May 18th 2015 and I'm yet to receive them as I speak.

Contacted them severally but they kept on dribbling me till I got to their office today and still, their so-called madam in Nigeria still pretended as if she knows nothing about it. I know I won't be the only Nigerian that must have suffered and is suffering from this company.

Don't suffer in silence my fellow Nigerians; let's speak out and let our voices get to the management of this company for improved and efficient service delivery.
Re: Is There Anyone Here Using The Service of SGK Global Shipping? by legalwealth(m): 9:13pm On Dec 02, 2015
Issue finally resolved after a very long time with so much wasted energy and items received yesterday at their Lagos office.

What they lack is customer care and communication with customer which I made them to understand.

Re: Is There Anyone Here Using The Service of SGK Global Shipping? by meetchandus(m): 2:00pm On Apr 05, 2016
Hello,Thanks for the enlightening post here.My friend is seriously considering using the same shipping company to get an new Land rover engine from the US.I will like to know how it went with them finally and if there was excess custom charges on the good you received..Above all,will like your sincere and unbiased recommendation.

Re: Is There Anyone Here Using The Service of SGK Global Shipping? by legalwealth(m): 9:08pm On Apr 12, 2016
meetchandus:
Hello,Thanks for the enlightening post here.My friend is seriously considering using the same shipping company to get an new Land rover engine from the US.I will like to know how it went with them finally and if there was excess custom charges on the good you received..Above all,will like your sincere and unbiased recommendation.

Thanks for your update... I will expecting your update.
Re: Is There Anyone Here Using The Service of SGK Global Shipping? by nehi1: 9:14pm On Jun 15, 2017
Hi SGK GLOBAL still remains the Best for all your Shipment down to Nigeria. Try understand their Terms and Conditions. As Regards ur Perfumes,i guess u didn't know those are Hazardous items and needs special care in terms of shipping. Then as regards the Tabs and Phones u Ordered. Had it been u Consolidated all items together and they Are all put in a Box it will be Cheap,u will be Shocked that they could charge u Price for all at the price for one. Example u bought a Tab and the Shipping Cost is $50 why not just buy up to 5 or more and add other items too sent to SGK Warehouse. All your items will be put in a Box and Weighed as One,hence the cost will be 50% less if it were to be Shipped out Individually. That's the Idea. For me I can ship out 15 items at once
Re: Is There Anyone Here Using The Service of SGK Global Shipping? by nehi1: 9:16pm On Jun 15, 2017
Hi SGK GLOBAL still remains the Best for all your Shipment down to Nigeria. Try understand their Terms and Conditions. As Regards ur Perfumes,i guess u didn't know those are Hazardous items and needs special care in terms of shipping. Then as regards the Tabs and Phones u Ordered. Had it been u Consolidated all items together and they Are all put in a Box it will be Cheap,u will be Shocked that they could charge u Price for all at the price for one. Example u bought a Tab and the Shipping Cost is $50 why not just buy up to 5 or more and add other items too sent to SGK Warehouse. All your items will be put in a Box and Weighed as One,hence the cost will be 50% less if it were to be Shipped out Individually. That's the Idea. For me I can ship out 15 items at once,c could be Shoes,phones,laptops,tabs just name it. Anything at all. As far as it's many and they have Free 2 weeks to One Month Free Storage for your items,u could take ur time to buy some more and Consolidate that way saving cost on shipping individually.
Re: Is There Anyone Here Using The Service of SGK Global Shipping? by Obinoscopy(m): 8:17am On May 30, 2018
Please what's the cost per pound using SGK Global?
Re: Is There Anyone Here Using The Service of SGK Global Shipping? by legalwealth(m): 1:11am On Nov 11, 2019
Obinoscopy:
Please what's the cost per pound using SGK Global?

Can't really say about their charges at the moment but looks like 5$ per lb at the moment.

I stopped using them for a very long time only for me to try them out last month and I was charged total of 63$ for an item which Weight is 1.40 lb 0.64 kg and Volume is 0.12 ft3 1.25 vlb from USA to their "self-organized" Abuja.

I've written them and I will come back with update regarding the case here.

Re: Is There Anyone Here Using The Service of SGK Global Shipping? by legalwealth(m): 1:15am On Nov 11, 2019
nehi1:
Hi SGK GLOBAL still remains the Best for all your Shipment down to Nigeria. Try understand their Terms and Conditions. As Regards ur Perfumes,i guess u didn't know those are Hazardous items and needs special care in terms of shipping. Then as regards the Tabs and Phones u Ordered. Had it been u Consolidated all items together and they Are all put in a Box it will be Cheap,u will be Shocked that they could charge u Price for all at the price for one. Example u bought a Tab and the Shipping Cost is $50 why not just buy up to 5 or more and add other items too sent to SGK Warehouse. All your items will be put in a Box and Weighed as One,hence the cost will be 50% less if it were to be Shipped out Individually. That's the Idea. For me I can ship out 15 items at once,c could be Shoes,phones,laptops,tabs just name it. Anything at all. As far as it's many and they have Free 2 weeks to One Month Free Storage for your items,u could take ur time to buy some more and Consolidate that way saving cost on shipping individually.

You are just writing cock and bull stories to cover up their poor customer service and hidden charges tactics.

If you can still read this update, kindly justify reason they are billing me 63$ for that small package which I bought for 100$.

Re: Is There Anyone Here Using The Service of SGK Global Shipping? by radautoworks: 8:28am On Nov 11, 2019
legalwealth:

You are just writing cock and bull stories to cover up their poor customer service and hidden charges tactics.

If you can still read this update, kindly justify reason they are billing me 63$ for that small package which I bought for 100$.

Come, do you not ask for quote before you ship
Re: Is There Anyone Here Using The Service of SGK Global Shipping? by legalwealth(m): 8:52am On Nov 11, 2019
radautoworks:

Come, do you not ask for quote before you ship

I know their normal charge which is 5$ or so per lbs and it seems they are even doing promo of 3.something$ per lbs at the moment. The way they operate is that they state their cost per lbs, you ship to them and get cost of your shipment when it gets to Lagos.

I have been using them then since 2014 but I stopped using them since 2016 or after I experienced their deteriorating customer service and I as well frankly told them to their faces.

I've always been picking up in Lagos and I don't know how they decided/managed to put Abuja on my address without my consent. And when I mailed them regarding the 60$ showing on my waybill and 63$ in the text I received from them plus the fee is outrageous, they only responded that minimum outside Lagos to other cities is 60$ and that the 3$ is for 5% VAT.

I know their maximum to Lagos to be 20$ and I don't know about their 60$ maximum to other cities plus I was never told. But why is Lagos to Abuja which I didn't even tell them to ship it to costing up to extra 40$? I even got to know that they use ABC transport at Jibowu for dispatching to somewhere in Abuja where someone will also have to go and pick it up.

What a nonsense hidden and outrageous charges?
Re: Is There Anyone Here Using The Service of SGK Global Shipping? by radautoworks: 9:56am On Nov 11, 2019
legalwealth:

I know their normal charge which is 5$ or so per lbs and it seems they are even doing promo of 3.something$ per lbs at the moment. The way they operate is that they state their cost per lbs, you ship to them and get cost of your shipment when it gets to Lagos.

I have been using them then since 2014 but I stopped using them since 2016 or after I experienced their deteriorating customer service and I as well frankly told them to their faces.

I've always been picking up in Lagos and I don't know how they decided/managed to put Abuja on my address without my consent. And when I mailed them regarding the 60$ showing on my waybill and 63$ in the text I received from them plus the fee is outrageous, they only responded that minimum outside Lagos to other cities is 60$ and that the 3$ is for 5% VAT.

I know their maximum to Lagos to be 20$ and I don't know about their 60$ maximum to other cities plus I was never told. But why is Lagos to Abuja which I didn't even tell them to ship it to costing up to extra 40$? I even got to know that they use ABC transport at Jibowu for dispatching to somewhere in Abuja where someone will also have to go and pick it up.

What a nonsense hidden and outrageous charges?

That makes no sense. WHY WOULD YOU AGREE TO TERMS LIKE THAT? By doing that you've accepted whatever they decide to charge you so there is no such thing as hidden or outrageous charges since you agreed to whatever they charge you after shipment. You do a lot of business so I hope you've learnt a lesson. NEVER HAVE OPEN ENDED CONTRACTS.
Re: Is There Anyone Here Using The Service of SGK Global Shipping? by legalwealth(m): 10:02am On Nov 11, 2019
radautoworks:

That makes no sense. WHY WOULD YOU AGREE TO TERMS LIKE THAT? By doing that you've accepted whatever they decide to charge you so there is no such thing as hidden or outrageous charges since you agreed to whatever they charge you after shipment. You do a lot of business so I hope you've learnt a lesson. NEVER HAVE OPEN ENDED CONTRACTS.

Lol! !! Like you are saying that what they are doing is very right?

Like I said that I've been using them earlier and their minimum is 20$ if equivalent when calculated amount based on weight is not up to 20$. I wasn't expecting them to charge me more than 20$ as per their term. I'm also wondering how on earth they will suddenly change my address to Abuja not to talk of supposed extra 40$ they added on it.

I just saw that they've got lot of bad reviews on their google business page so that it won't be like my own is always too much or I'm the only one complaining about them. The earlier the better they greatly step up their customer service, the better it will be for them.

Re: Is There Anyone Here Using The Service of SGK Global Shipping? by thebigkendo(m): 11:53am On Nov 11, 2019
While we are sharing the 1 star reviews let's not forget to also share the other 4 & 5 star reviews... Else it will just look like a "bad belle" something

Re: Is There Anyone Here Using The Service of SGK Global Shipping? by radautoworks: 1:38pm On Nov 11, 2019
legalwealth:

Lol! !! Like you are saying that what they are doing is very right?

Like I said that I've been using them earlier and their minimum is 20$ if equivalent when calculated amount based on weight is not up to 20$. I wasn't expecting them to charge me more than 20$ as per their term. I'm also wondering how on earth they will suddenly change my address to Abuja not to talk of supposed extra 40$ they added on it.

I just saw that they've got lot of bad reviews on their google business page so that it won't be like my own is always too much or I'm the only one complaining about them. The earlier the better they greatly step up their customer service, the better it will be for them.

Hmmm... There's an article on NL I posted you would benefit from I think. God gave you two ears, two eyes and ONE mouth for a reason. I'm giving you some valuable advise for the future because you seem to run into bad deals a bit from what I see on NL.
Maybe you should have done the search BEFORE you used them ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But I didn't say anything. Carry on. I don park.

Re: Is There Anyone Here Using The Service of SGK Global Shipping? by dannybrasky(m): 1:55pm On Nov 11, 2019
radautoworks:

Hmmm... There's an article on NL I posted you would benefit from I think. God gave you two ears, two eyes and ONE mouth for a reason. I'm giving you some valuable advise for the future because you seem to run into bad deals a bit from what I see on NL.

But I didn't say anything. Carry on. I don park

Re: Is There Anyone Here Using The Service of SGK Global Shipping? by legalwealth(m): 2:43pm On Nov 11, 2019
radautoworks:

But I didn't say anything. Carry on. I don park.

Lol!

You are sitting on the fence already and failed to answer my straight question which says alot about you! !!

That the auto and car talk sections you are mostly active and well known in are full of scammers and fraudsters with "people" covering their
fraudulent acts that I did bought cars from with pure mind and ended turning out bad made you to conclude that I run into bad deals. They are not actually bad deals so to say but lessons which ended helping me to know lot of thing in the automotive industry.

For your information, I've done uncountable deals with people which went smooth in and outside this business section that I'm well known in. Don't as well forget that I've shipped severally with SGK since 2014 without issue until 2016 when I noticed that their customer service is getting worse and I called their attention to it. If you check one of the reviews on google that I brought to this page up there, you will see where someone is talking about how they have "changed". That is what we are talking about to the extent I (Adesida Olusegun) as well gave them review on google back then with the hope they will make use of that to put themselves on track.

I since then carefully continued doing business once in a while with them until I stopped. This is 2019 that I decided to do business with
them with the hope that they would have improved on their customer service; it is not a bad try/check using that small package and your ways are not new to me.

Thanks and you can then crawl back to your auto and car talk sections to continue while you leave the business section for us. The image attached shows what a woman finally said on the autos section after carefully observing how you all handled my case against calculusx who took advantage of my pure mind of trust and sold lemon car to me.

Re: Is There Anyone Here Using The Service of SGK Global Shipping? by legalwealth(m): 2:50pm On Nov 11, 2019
dannybrasky:

Welcome on board Autos and Car talk sections well known scammers and fraudsters supporter.

My threads in this business section you and your goons went derailing because I shared my awful experience with one of you are still there.

You can continue from where you left them! !!
Re: Is There Anyone Here Using The Service of SGK Global Shipping? by dannybrasky(m): 2:54pm On Nov 11, 2019
legalwealth:

Welcome on board Autos and Car talk sections well known scammers and fraudsters supporter.

My threads in this business section you and your goons went derailing because I shared my awful experience with one of you are still there.

You can continue from where you left them! !!
I come in peace sir.

Re: Is There Anyone Here Using The Service of SGK Global Shipping? by radautoworks: 3:06pm On Nov 11, 2019

Re: Is There Anyone Here Using The Service of SGK Global Shipping? by radautoworks: 3:13pm On Nov 11, 2019
legalwealth:

Lol!

You are seating on the fence already and failed to answer my straight question which says alot about you! !!

That the auto and car talk sections you are mostly active and well known in are full of scammers and fraudsters with "people" covering their
fraudulent acts that I did bought cars from with pure mind and ended turning out bad made you to conclude that I run into bad deals. They are not actually bad deals so to say but lessons which ended helping me to know lot of thing in the automotive industry.

For your information, I've done uncountable deals with people which went smooth in and outside this business section that I'm well known in. Don't as well forget that I've shipped severally with SGK since 2014 without issue until 2016 when I noticed that their customer service is getting worse and I called their attention to it. If you check one of the reviews on google that I brought to this page up there, you will see where someone is talking about how they have "changed". That is what we are talking about to the extent I (Adesida Olusegun) as well gave them review on google back then with the hope they will make use of that to put themselves on track.

I since then carefully continued doing business once in a while with them until I stopped. This is 2019 that I decided to do business with
them with the hope that they would have improved on their customer service; it is not a bad try/check using that small package and your ways are not new to me.

Thanks and you can then crawl back to your auto and car talk sections to continue while you leave the business section for us. The image attached shows what a woman finally said on the autos section after carefully observing how you all handled my case against calculusx who took advantage of my pure mind of trust and sold lemon car to me.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Is There Anyone Here Using The Service of SGK Global Shipping? by legalwealth(m): 3:27pm On Nov 11, 2019
radautoworks:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Kpele tie! !!

GAZZUZZ I can see you peeping. Say something nah grin ! !!

That my business thread on this section you led your goons to derail is still there Ooo.

Re: Is There Anyone Here Using The Service of SGK Global Shipping? by legalwealth(m): 3:57pm On Nov 11, 2019
thebigkendo:
While we are sharing the 1 star reviews let's not forget to also share the other 4 & 5 star reviews... Else it will just look like a "bad belle" something

Type sgk global into google to access their page to read all the reviews you chronic hypocrite! !!

Like how you were also sharing all the good reviews but instead fabricated lies/reviews about my business when you and your autos and car talk goons were derailing my business threads and as well creating threads for me boasting you will pull me down?

For your information, I'm doing business with them and my honest review on their google business page was to point out their annoying hitches and flaws for them to look into. What business have you or anyone of you done with me?

Re: Is There Anyone Here Using The Service of SGK Global Shipping? by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:36pm On Nov 11, 2019
legalwealth:

Kpele tie! !!

GAZZUZZ I can see you peeping. Say something nah grin ! !!

That my business thread on this section you led your goons to derail is still there Ooo.

I am so sorry about that event sir.
Re: Is There Anyone Here Using The Service of SGK Global Shipping? by legalwealth(m): 5:13pm On Nov 11, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

I am so sorry about that event sir.

Apology accepted!

Go and sin no more! !!

Your friend calculusx the boastful and dubious lemon car seller was also seen peeping on this thread grin! !!

Modified

Re: Is There Anyone Here Using The Service of SGK Global Shipping? by thebigkendo(m): 6:23pm On Nov 11, 2019
legalwealth:

Type sgk global into google to access their page to read all the reviews you chronic hypocrite! !!

Like how you were also sharing all the good reviews but instead fabricated lies/reviews about my business when you and your autos and car talk goons were derailing my business threads and as well creating threads for me boasting you will pull me down?

For your information, I'm doing business with them and my honest review on their google business page was to point out their annoying hitches and flaws for them to look into. What business have you or anyone of you done with me?

I have never done any business with you (based on reviews, I don't think I ever will) & I also have never reviewed any of your businesses on google because I only review businesses I transact with, I am not that bitter sir
Re: Is There Anyone Here Using The Service of SGK Global Shipping? by dannybrasky(m): 6:34pm On Nov 11, 2019
thebigkendo:

I have never done any business with you (based on reviews, I don't think I ever will) & I also have never reviewed any of your businesses on google because I only review businesses I transact with, I am not that bitter sir
Boss man,free am abeg biko.

Re: Is There Anyone Here Using The Service of SGK Global Shipping? by legalwealth(m): 6:52pm On Nov 11, 2019
thebigkendo:

Lol! !!

Says a chronic hypocrite denying his chronic lies and fabrications against me. They are even worse that reviews he collaborated with his goons who have never done any business with me to put on my google business page.

You are a VIPER which is even more than being a BITTER person.

Eni to su lo ma gbagbe, eni to ko ko le gbagbe! !!

Glory to God you all woefully failed and got greatly shamed at the end of it all.

Re: Is There Anyone Here Using The Service of SGK Global Shipping? by thebigkendo(m): 7:38pm On Nov 11, 2019
legalwealth:

Lol! !!

Says a chronic hypocrite denying his chronic lies and fabrications against me. They are even worse that reviews he collaborated with his goons who have never done any business with me to put on my google business page.

You are a VIPER which is even more than being a BITTER person.

Eni to su lo ma gbagbe, eni to ko ko le gbagbe! !!

Glory to God you all woefully failed and got greatly shamed at the end of it all.

All this your bottled up chronic anger & bitterness will only affect one person!!!!

If you have not read this.. You should
https://theoatmeal.com/comics/believe

Re: Is There Anyone Here Using The Service of SGK Global Shipping? by legalwealth(m): 8:05pm On Nov 11, 2019
thebigkendo:

All this your bottled up chronic anger & bitterness will only affect one person!!!!

You came onto this thread and went only to be pushed back by the viper spirit pushing you to doom which will still destroy you.

Is it not you?
I knew you will still talk foolishly as usual not even when your goons have crawled back to their auto and cartalk sections and as well called you to order.

Kpele tie chronic hypocrite! !!
Re: Is There Anyone Here Using The Service of SGK Global Shipping? by thebigkendo(m): 8:23pm On Nov 11, 2019
thbigkendo:

Re: Is There Anyone Here Using The Service of SGK Global Shipping? by legalwealth(m): 8:33pm On Nov 11, 2019
Back to the subject matter, I've replied their e-mail to let me come and pick it in their Lagos office that I've been picking my packages since they didn't even send it to the said Abuja.

Plus they should revert my address to Lagos and give me Lagos bill. With that, maximum amount I should be paying for the less than 2 lbs (5 pieces of original headlight polish bought for 100$) from USA shouldn't be more than their Lagos maximum fee of 20$.

I will keep you updated on when they reply and whatever they reply me with. Thanks

P.S: I opened this thread after several calls, mails, visits to their customer care desk for redress on my complaints but they've always been very adamant and non-challant about attending to the complaints. Calling them out in public forum like this seems to be the best solution of which, after I did it then was when they took me serious and brought out my package(bought for a customer) they kept in USA for over 6 months without shipping to it Nigeria.

Bulk And Wholesale Of Drinks And Bottle Water At Cheapest Price / Looking For Importer Or Distributor Of Construction Machinery In Africa / Admob Selfclicking; How To Make $100+ A Month With Just Your Smart Phone.

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81