Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,137 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:56 AM

How To Deal With Skirt And Blouse Insect - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Deal With Skirt And Blouse Insect (20475 Views)

Man Escapes Death After An Insect Bite In Rivers State (Photos) / Insect Inside My Ear Please Help / New Killer Insect Found In Indian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Deal With Skirt And Blouse Insect by oluwafemi1993: 6:10am On Nov 17, 2015
Good morning class,

Skirt & blouse is called Rove Beetles & according to research,it cause skin irritation when crushed,even partially, on the skin & it doesn't sting or bite. When d skin contact d acidic fluid of dis insect,d person shld wash d skin with lots of water & soap. because d skin irritation can lead to blister & it can affect other area of d skin, through contact with d affected part.So students are advise to be wary of this insect.for more details you can Google search.....

How can I protect myself from the effects
of Rove Beetles?

Avoid touching Rove beetles. Blow or wash beetles off
your skin. Minimise lighting in infested areas at night.
Wear long-sleeved and long-legged clothing to minimise
exposed skin. Keep insect screens closed on tents to
keep the beetles out of bedding. Have bottles of soapy
water handy for first aid. Use the buddy system to keep
a lookout for beetles on others.
If a Rove beetle is accidentally crushed against the skin,
immediately wash the affected area with soap and
water. The toxin slowly penetrates the skin. Washing
shortly after exposure will remove much of the toxin
before it has time to harm the skin.
Pls rebroadcast

3 Likes

Re: How To Deal With Skirt And Blouse Insect by Sharon6(f): 6:27am On Nov 17, 2015
Nice1 OP.

Please check my signature.
Re: How To Deal With Skirt And Blouse Insect by Nobody: 6:27am On Nov 17, 2015
Has any professor or lecturer work on this blouse insect to atleast find away curbing it activity in the school. University education is meant to solve immediate environment problem not to find solution to some 1600years old math problem.
They should research and come up with probably ointment that can be use that will prevent skin irritation.

2 Likes

Re: How To Deal With Skirt And Blouse Insect by larry2chat(f): 6:56pm On Nov 04, 2018
Op you're on point with this your write up and after doing more research I discovered I'm suffering from the kill of this insect on my skin. I'm presently on antibiotics and after washing with toilet soap, I'm fine and my skin is back .

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With Skirt And Blouse Insect by ajailer(m): 11:20am On Dec 24, 2020
this skirt and blouse matter nah wahala o. I have know about it while I was in sec sch years ago but recently I had a close encounter with the insect around October this year. I saw one under my shirt sleeve shirt and blew it away but alas the damage was already done. Three days later I started developing skin irritation then it got worse that my skin started peeling and itchy.till today, which is over a month, I am still dealing with the effect the insect left on my skin.....
Re: How To Deal With Skirt And Blouse Insect by wizkidblogger(f): 9:42am On Jan 19, 2021
i hate the insect ehn...

(1) (Reply)

Sokoto Receives 170 COVID-19 Alerts, Searches For Lagos, Abuja Returnees / Coronavirus: Guidance For Safe Mass Gatherings In Nigeria By NCDC / Gofundme Refunds Those Who Donated To #savemayowa Course

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.