Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,334 members, 7,808,177 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:11 AM

Gospel Rock Fans Out Here? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Gospel Rock Fans Out Here? (3287 Views)

For NON Rock Fans: 10 Rock Songs You Need To Hear Before You Die / Where My Rock Fans @? Nikelback, Linkin Park? Whats Your Flava? / For Rock Fans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gospel Rock Fans Out Here? by SeanT21(f): 1:37am On May 20, 2009
Are there any nairalanders out there that share my passion for Gospel Rock music

The Likes of Mercyme,Newsboys, Casting Crowns, Third Day, Michael W Smith,etc

Many Blacks in general do not pay attention to these wonderful artist.They say its not their type of music.That was my reason until I heard "Third day: Cry Out To Jesus".
Re: Gospel Rock Fans Out Here? by HayWhyOh1: 10:25pm On May 22, 2009
first time in here, i adore xtian rock songs, hillsongs,bettany dillon,natalie grant amy grant,kutless newsboys,newsong.barlow girls,jessie daniels,krytal meyers superchicks zoe girls michael w smith, chris tomlin etc
Re: Gospel Rock Fans Out Here? by beeswax: 10:23pm On May 24, 2009
jeremy camp
tait
jars of clay
dc talk
rebeca st. james
jenifer knapp

luv all these guys, luv christian rock
Re: Gospel Rock Fans Out Here? by tubabie(f): 10:31pm On May 24, 2009
I love Michael .W. Smith and Rebecca St.James
Re: Gospel Rock Fans Out Here? by goldenval(m): 12:03am On May 25, 2009
i love Marvin sapp, Kirk franklin and Shirley Ceasar
Re: Gospel Rock Fans Out Here? by jumoke90(f): 8:57pm On May 27, 2009
Russ Lee
Francesca Battistelli
chris tomlin
Jeremy Camp
MercyMe
and many others, they re all wonderful
Re: Gospel Rock Fans Out Here? by simonseez: 6:28am On May 28, 2009
Casting Crowns is way at the top for me,
Also Three 63
and Third Days Grace,

aint nothing better than listening to ur favourite genre and getting blessed in the process
Re: Gospel Rock Fans Out Here? by SeanT21(f): 5:54am On May 29, 2009
~~I am not the only one~~HOOOOORAAAY~~~ wink
Re: Gospel Rock Fans Out Here? by elnionline: 10:21pm On Jun 06, 2009
am downloading hotel aquarium by falling up, i love xtian rock smiley
Re: Gospel Rock Fans Out Here? by tubabie(f): 10:33pm On Jun 06, 2009
Lovely! cheesy

I have a link of a guys' top ten favourites , some peeps may find some of their favs among them too.

[flash=425,345]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/zbLGjX2TnNE[/flash]
Re: Gospel Rock Fans Out Here? by tubabie(f): 10:39pm On Jun 06, 2009
Nigeria's Rooftop MCs too have really nice Rock songs. Check them out!

[flash=425,345]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/gLdFG31X3GE[/flash]
Re: Gospel Rock Fans Out Here? by Nobody: 1:37am On Jun 07, 2009
beeswax:

jeremy camp
tait
jars of clay
dc talk
rebeca st. james
jenifer knapp

luv all these guys, luv christian rock

DC talk broke up . . . dunno why. Loved them.

I actually went to a concert to see Jeremy Camp and Steven Curtis Chapman and it was really nice.

Mercy me's "Imagine" is one of the best songs ever. And it even broke through into secular mainstream. Wonderful lyrics.

The lead singer's voice from "Third Day" is sexy tongue My best songs from them are Thief, Consuming fire, and Your love.
Re: Gospel Rock Fans Out Here? by savanaha: 1:44am On Jun 07, 2009
I love Jeremy Camps "Take You Back and this man.

simon seez:

Casting Crowns is way at the top for me,
Also Three 63
and Third Days Grace,

aint nothing better than listening to ur favourite genre and getting blessed in the process

Three days grace is not Christian. They are Rock but nothing they say is Christian at all, just to warn you in case you are listening to them thinking they are glorifying God. Listen to "I hate everything about you" closely and you will realize its not Christian.
Re: Gospel Rock Fans Out Here? by Nobody: 1:44am On Jun 07, 2009
gospel rock is down on my list of music. third day grates on the ears i'm sorry.

Chris tomlin is about the only one i can listen to for longer than 2 minutes.
Re: Gospel Rock Fans Out Here? by savanaha: 1:46am On Jun 07, 2009
davidylan:

gospel rock is down on my list of music. third day grates on the ears i'm sorry.

Chris tomlin is about the only one i can listen to for longer than 2 minutes.

Jeremy Camp's "this man" is so amazing
Re: Gospel Rock Fans Out Here? by Nobody: 1:49am On Jun 07, 2009
savanaha:

Jeremy Camp's "this man" is so amazing

dont like Jeremy Camp at all . . .

I will go out on a limb and say a lot of these gospel rock groups are simply commercial singers taking advantage of a vacuum in gospel music. Americans generally like rock so why not create a genre for the christian rock fans?

Music to me is not just the beat, its the lyrics . . . it has to make biblical sense to me for me to enjoy it. I dont like listening to repeated hooks that dont convey any spiritual meaning to the soul.

And oh savanaha . . . nice to see you back.
Re: Gospel Rock Fans Out Here? by Nobody: 1:50am On Jun 07, 2009
@ david

Sorry for yourself! sad angry >: You need to listen more to their lyrics then. If you are not appreciative of rock, you won't like Christian rock. Have you listened to Mercy me's "Imagine?"
Re: Gospel Rock Fans Out Here? by Nobody: 1:52am On Jun 07, 2009
stillwater:

Mercy me's "Imagine" is one of the best songs ever. And it even broke through into secular mainstream. Wonderful lyrics.

that's the problem . . . when a "christian" song is comfortable to the soul of the lost then you have to think twice about what exactly christian music is all about. to entertain or to minister?

stillwater:

@ david

Sorry for yourself! sad angry >: You need to listen more to their lyrics then. If you are not appreciative of rock, you won't like Christian rock. Have you listened to Mercy me's "Imagine?"

I dont listen to them, i go read them up. they dont inspire me to be honest.

We had a rock guy lead worship on sunday and i was totally lost, all i could hear was loud clanging guitars and plenty of screaming. you dont need to scream to worship the Lord.
Re: Gospel Rock Fans Out Here? by Nobody: 1:59am On Jun 07, 2009
davidylan:

that's the problem . . . when a "christian" song is comfortable to the soul of the lost then you have to think twice about what exactly christian music is all about. to entertain or to minister?

I dont listen to them, i go read them up. they dont inspire me to be honest.

We had a rock guy lead worship on sunday and i was totally lost, all i could hear was loud clanging guitars and plenty of screaming. you dont need to scream to worship the Lord.

Comfortable or not, it's all about spreading the message to all and sundry. They won't say they didn't hear.
Honestly I don't listen to rock for worship either cheesy. I go black for that!
Re: Gospel Rock Fans Out Here? by Nobody: 2:00am On Jun 07, 2009
stillwater:

Comfortable or not, it's all about spreading the message to all and sundry. They won't say they didn't hear.
Honestly I don't listen to rock for worship either cheesy. I go black for that!

What "message" exactly? Face it MOST christian songs of today are completely silent on sin and salvation. Its all about dreamy songs where if you substitute a few words you may as well sing it as a valentine song to your lover.
Re: Gospel Rock Fans Out Here? by platinumnk(f): 2:05am On Jun 07, 2009
davidylan:

What "message" exactly? Face it MOST christian songs of today are completely silent on sin and salvation. Its all about dreamy songs where if you substitute a few words you may as well sing it as a valentine song to your lover.

ure so right! thats why i like songs like this. . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ5zrHh7Rm4
Re: Gospel Rock Fans Out Here? by Nobody: 2:07am On Jun 07, 2009
davidylan:

Not really. I have CDs of Donnie Mcclurkin and the likes and none are silent on that.
Re: Gospel Rock Fans Out Here? by Nobody: 2:08am On Jun 07, 2009
platinumnk:

ure so right! thats why i like songs like this. . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ5zrHh7Rm4

grin grin grin cheesy make you folo de lada dey go.

stillwater:

Not really. I have CDs of Donnie Mcclurkin and the likes and none are silent on that.

That's why i used the term "most". I like to listen to maranatha, Don Moen, Shannon Wexelberg . . . at least they sing almost straight from the bible.
Re: Gospel Rock Fans Out Here? by Nobody: 2:13am On Jun 07, 2009
davidylan:

grin grin grin cheesy make you folo de lada dey go.

That's why i used the term "most". I like to listen to maranatha, Don Moen, Shannon Wexelberg . . . at least they sing almost straight from the bible.

Used to listen to that because my mom was and is an ardent fan of those. They are too soft for me. We all have different tastes. Some people listen to 'Third day" and weep. For me it has to come with the word and superb vocal capabilities.
Re: Gospel Rock Fans Out Here? by Nobody: 2:24am On Jun 07, 2009
softer the better for me, i can follow the words and not just wiggling to the drums.
Re: Gospel Rock Fans Out Here? by Nobody: 2:27am On Jun 07, 2009
Old man. tongue
Re: Gospel Rock Fans Out Here? by Nobody: 2:29am On Jun 07, 2009
stillwater:

Old man. tongue

na your husband you dey call old man abi? wink
Re: Gospel Rock Fans Out Here? by Nobody: 2:32am On Jun 07, 2009
Which husband? My husband must know how to wiggle to the drums. tongue
Re: Gospel Rock Fans Out Here? by Nobody: 2:35am On Jun 07, 2009
stillwater:

Which husband? My husband must know how to wiggle to the drums. tongue

i'm learning now . . . what about that?
Re: Gospel Rock Fans Out Here? by Nobody: 2:38am On Jun 07, 2009
Lol, that's sweet. grin kiss No one wants a morose looking statue by her side on her wedding day. grin Better put those dancing shoes on.
Re: Gospel Rock Fans Out Here? by Nobody: 2:39am On Jun 07, 2009
stillwater:

Lol, that's sweet. grin kiss No one wants a morose looking statue by her side on her wedding day. grin Better put those dancing shoes on.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy at least i can move my feet to something close to salsa now so you'd be impressed.
Re: Gospel Rock Fans Out Here? by Nobody: 2:42am On Jun 07, 2009
davidylan:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy at least i can move my feet to something close to salsa now so you'd be impressed.

Rotflmao!!! Salsa? That will be a errr . . . funny pretty sight. grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria My Country; A patriotic composition By Shina Ayodele / Mastering Tips For Producers And Sound Engineers / Banky W- The W Experience----yeeee Yaga Ye Yeeeeee! Hottttt!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.