Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:18 AM

Yaya Toure Future Under The Spotlight Again - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Yaya Toure Future Under The Spotlight Again (278 Views)

Yaya Touré And Tanika Bailey Kissing In Bed (Photo) / Sagna, Clichy, Jesus Leave Manchester City, Yaya Toure’s Future Uncertain / Sagna, Clichy, Jesus Leave Manchester City, Yaya Toure’s Future Uncertain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Yaya Toure Future Under The Spotlight Again by Lanrexoyin: 10:12am On Nov 17, 2015
The 32-year-old had hinted at international retirement but now seems keen on a return at the start of 2016, representing another u-turn in an uncertain period of his career

The midfielder has flirted with the idea of leaving Manchester City on more than one occasion, only to blame it all on the media or other outside influences. Just this summer he left Inter stood at the altar after a transfer had been put in place.

Having captained the Ivory Coast to long overdue Africa Cup of Nations glory at the start of this year, all the signs pointed to Toure's international retirement.

"I think now my target is done," he said. "The time for the youngsters will come soon and we need to let them go on alone."

Toure's importance to City was all too clear while he was leading his country in Equatorial Guinea. Of the six competitive matches played in his absence, the Blues won just once. They were joint top with Chelsea when he left, having clawed their way back over Christmas, but by the time he returned they had essentially blown it; seven points behind and out of the FA Cup as well.

He hasn't played for his country since the penalty shoot-out victory against Ghana in February, and City must have been delighted as he toyed with pulling down the curtain on his international career.

Now, though, he wants to go back.

"I think the next fixture after this will be in 2016, when the qualification for the 2017 African Nations Cup continues. In any case, I'll be ready."

Manuel Pellegrini always insists he is delighted for his players to represent their countries, but you would imagine the prospect of his return will not be relished by everybody at the Etihad.

(1) (Reply)

And Some Sites Specifically Strip Any Links Or / W.o.t Me Want To Play? / Sergio Aguero Resumes Training Ahead Of Arsenal Clash.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.