Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,244 members, 7,807,825 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:59 PM

He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs (10434 Views)

My Experience In A Deceived Job Interview In Lagos(gnld Now Neolife Networking) / Gtbank Rumored Job Interview In Lagos (Photos) / Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs by Samakus(m): 6:13pm On Nov 18, 2015
Philadelphia:

@The bolded... How do you know about this since you stated earlier that you are "underemployed"? cry

See whose talking about basic corporate ethics. Same you gave us the company details, salary "specs" (according to you), told your "relative" in "Europe", etc. Where was your basic corporate ethics? undecided
So you can't provide just one proof or screenshot to show transparency? You're just a silly learner scammer.

B@$t@rd son of a thousand fathers.

I have been expecting you to reach this crescendo. Well, there you are! I refuse to stoop that low. Henceforth, I choose not to dignify your chicanery with a response. Do have a nice day.

4 Likes

Re: He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs by Nobody: 6:57pm On Nov 18, 2015
Craven:

Then I think we both might be shallow. Because I did not 'put my mouth where it doesn't concern me', like you actually said, I typed out, with my fingers, a reply to your comment.

You see how you contradict yourself?

Plus I'm sure everyone understand metaphors and their usage. smiley
Classic!!!

4 Likes

Re: He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs by kloride(m): 12:17pm On Nov 19, 2015
I want to assume that the OP got this similar e-mail

Aggregate Industries UK Ltd,

Bardon Hill Coalville Leicestershire, LE67 1TL, United Kingdom.
Telephone: +44 (0) 115 8240208
Fax: +44 (0) 872 1117646

Dear Applicant,

I write to inform you that your resume has been properly reviewed and screened by our recruiting board and you have been found eligible for this vacant position. Be informed that you have been shortlisted for an interview scheduled for the 7th day of December, 2015 at Aggregate Industries UK Ltd, Bardon Hill Coalville Leicestershire, LE67 1TL, United Kingdom.

More so, subsequent to your job application approval, your application status has been updated on our job recruitment database and your Application Identification Number (AIN) is 419YB59/15, this can also be found on most documents associated with your employment.

Below is a list of important roles/responsibilities expected of a Project Manager by Aggregate Industries UK.

• As a Project Manager, you are responsible for planning the delivery of the project at hand.

• Manage the day-to-day working, utilization, implementation and technical consultants engaged on client assignments from ensuring the correct material turns up before a job, to explaining the work ethics and activities to colleagues.

• Report progress on projects by suitable media to sector management, maintain and update project reporting, checkpoints and financial reporting to a high standard.

• Plan and arrange visits to existing and new potential clients,
ensuring every client receives sufficient support to enhance their relationships.

• Develop contacts with senior staff, directors, and other influential staff within each account during the implementation phase.

• Co-ordinate required support levels and training.

• Produce reports on each project at agreed intervals, and whenever substantive actions are required.

Finally, our primary reason for requesting for your physical presence is to have our chief project manager have a one on one interview with you and ensure you possess the aforementioned qualities and also have you familiarize yourself with the company structure as well as a recap on past and upcoming project after which a date for your training in 2016
will be made known to you, giving you sufficient time to notify your current company of these changes in your employment should you currently be employed.

Kindly download and view the attached documents for your perusal.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Regards,
Vincent Puth,
HR Chief Officer
Aggregate Industries UK

But After i verified from the supposed company,this was their response;

Thank you for your email.

Please disregard the original email/correspondence as the interview/job offer is not genuine.

Please do not reply or send any information.

You can report it to ‘Action Fraud’. The link to do this is:-

http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

--

Human Resources Department

Bardon Hill

2 Likes

Re: He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs by Mustay(m): 2:11pm On Nov 19, 2015
kloride:
your Application Identification Number (AIN) is 419 YB59/15, this can also be found on most documents associated with your employment.

Classic! cool

Others have dissected this topic well. #NoComment
Re: He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs by Samakus(m): 4:34pm On Nov 19, 2015
kloride:
I want to assume that the OP got this similar e-mail

Aggregate Industries UK Ltd,

Bardon Hill Coalville Leicestershire, LE67 1TL, United Kingdom.
Telephone: +44 (0) 115 8240208
Fax: +44 (0) 872 1117646

Dear Applicant,

I write to inform you that your resume has been properly reviewed and screened by our recruiting board and you have been found eligible for this vacant position. Be informed that you have been shortlisted for an interview scheduled for the 7th day of December, 2015 at Aggregate Industries UK Ltd, Bardon Hill Coalville Leicestershire, LE67 1TL, United Kingdom.

More so, subsequent to your job application approval, your application status has been updated on our job recruitment database and your Application Identification Number (AIN) is 419YB59/15, this can also be found on most documents associated with your employment.

Below is a list of important roles/responsibilities expected of a Project Manager by Aggregate Industries UK.

• As a Project Manager, you are responsible for planning the delivery of the project at hand.

• Manage the day-to-day working, utilization, implementation and technical consultants engaged on client assignments from ensuring the correct material turns up before a job, to explaining the work ethics and activities to colleagues.

• Report progress on projects by suitable media to sector management, maintain and update project reporting, checkpoints and financial reporting to a high standard.

• Plan and arrange visits to existing and new potential clients,
ensuring every client receives sufficient support to enhance their relationships.

• Develop contacts with senior staff, directors, and other influential staff within each account during the implementation phase.

• Co-ordinate required support levels and training.

• Produce reports on each project at agreed intervals, and whenever substantive actions are required.

Finally, our primary reason for requesting for your physical presence is to have our chief project manager have a one on one interview with you and ensure you possess the aforementioned qualities and also have you familiarize yourself with the company structure as well as a recap on past and upcoming project after which a date for your training in 2016
will be made known to you, giving you sufficient time to notify your current company of these changes in your employment should you currently be employed.

Kindly download and view the attached documents for your perusal.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Regards,
Vincent Puth,
HR Chief Officer
Aggregate Industries UK

But After i verified from the supposed company,this was their response;

Thank you for your email.

Please disregard the original email/correspondence as the interview/job offer is not genuine.

Please do not reply or send any information.

You can report it to ‘Action Fraud’. The link to do this is:-

http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

--

Human Resources Department

Bardon Hill

You are very correct, bro. That's the same mail I received.
Re: He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs by Philadelphia: 5:35pm On Nov 19, 2015
I still smell lies. What about the fact that you said you applied to the said company?
Well, I just saw your corporate ethics being displayed above.
#yimmu

1 Like

Re: He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs by Philadelphia: 10:17pm On Nov 22, 2015
Does anyone now believe me when I said this OP is a scammer?
Re: He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs by Dahveydson(m): 10:23pm On Nov 22, 2015
Philadelphia:
Does anyone now believe me when I said this OP is a scammer?

It was clear right from the beginning.
Re: He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs by Nobody: 10:40pm On Nov 22, 2015
SCAMINUS!!!
Re: He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs by Threedots(m): 8:23am On Nov 23, 2015
[quote author=Craven post=40143765]

Then I think we both might be shallow. Because I did not 'put my mouth where it doesn't concern me', like you actually said, I typed out, with my fingers, a reply to your comment.

You see how you contradict yourself?

Plus I'm sure everyone understand metaphors and their usage. smiley[/quote

Give this man an award. i repeat! Give this man an award

1 Like

Re: He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs by samuelson06(m): 10:10am On Nov 23, 2015
Samakus:

You are very correct, bro. That's the same mail I received.

You should be ashamed of yourself that you want to be a scammer. Why didn't you post this same mail earlier to substantiate your claims and clear our cynicism about you? I challenge you to post a screenshot of this same mail from your inbox let's look at it. We all want to believe you and not label you a scammer. Everybody can't be thinking in the same direction about you and yet you say it's our individual perception which doesn't reflect your true nature. Convince us to think otherwise.

1 Like

Re: He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs by Philadelphia: 5:19pm On Nov 23, 2015
samuelson06:

You should be ashamed of yourself that you want to be a scammer. Why didn't you post this same mail earlier to substantiate your claims and clear our cynicism about you? I challenge you to post a screenshot of this same mail from your inbox let's look at it. We all want to believe you and not label you a scammer. Everybody can't be thinking in the same direction about you and yet you say it's our individual perception which doesn't reflect your true nature. Convince us to think otherwise.

Same thing I asked of him (screenshots) and another nler (who I'm sure is a cohort) was attacking his dad.

1 Like

Re: He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs by samuelson06(m): 9:29pm On Nov 23, 2015
Philadelphia:

Same thing I asked of him (screenshots) and another nler (who I'm sure is a cohort) was attacking his dad.

No no no no. I won't take that pls. Don't bring in someone's dad in here. Not everybody can think critically.

1 Like

Re: He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs by Craven: 7:58am On Nov 24, 2015
samuelson06:

No no no no. I won't take that pls. Don't bring in someone's dad in here. Not everybody can think critically.

He is probably referring to me. I corrected him and regarded his replies to the poster as childish and petty, and he decided I was in cohorts with the original poster. I'm not so sure how he came to that conclusion (although I'm guessing anyone who doesn't praise his insulting skills and follow his footsteps in attacking the poster will probably appear as a scammer in his books), and I'm not surprised either, because he already sold himself short in his petty responses, and so I didn't expect much from him. But it only shows one thing; that this Philadelphia person isn't used to being corrected. But I am of the opinion that if someone chooses to dwell in error, let them do so freely. wink

But that aside, you see how calm the poster was? How his replies were without insults? I find that intriguing; how someone can remain calm even when everyone else threw insults at them. And that part were Philadelphia called him 'bast.ard son of a thousand fathers', he remained cool because he knew he didn't have to resort to insults to prove his point. I like that about him. I'm not sure of his claims, but I like that his replies were mature than some of the replies here. He stood firm like a brick wall, while everyone yelled all sorts of insults at him. I don't know about anyone else, but I believe we can all learn from this attitude.

I should also add; anyone who feels they need to throw insults to prove a point isn't worth engaging. And anyone who would insult people's parents so relentlessly probably doesn't have respect for theirs. Because if you understand the value of your parents, if you understand what someone's mom or dad means to them, you wouldn't insult their parents. If you hold your own parents in high esteem, you wouldn't go about trying to bring other people's parents down.

I appreciate that you set Philadelphia straight. I don't condone jabs at people's parents and I like that you are that way too. Thank you. smiley

3 Likes

Re: He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs by Philadelphia: 8:41am On Nov 24, 2015
Craven:

He is probably referring to me. I corrected him and regarded his replies to the poster as childish and petty, and he decided I was in cohorts with the original poster. I'm not so sure how he came to that conclusion (although I'm guessing anyone who doesn't praise his insulting skills and follow his footsteps in attacking the poster will probably appear as a scammer in his books), and I'm not surprised either, because he already sold himself short in his petty responses, and so I didn't expect much from him. But it only shows one thing; that this Philadelphia person isn't used to being corrected. But I am of the opinion that if someone chooses to dwell in error, let them do so freely. wink

But that aside, you see how calm the poster was? How his replies were without insults? I find that intriguing; how someone can remain calm even when everyone else threw insults at them. And that part were Philadelphia called him 'bast.ard son of a thousand fathers', he remained cool because he knew he didn't have to resort to insults to prove his point. I like that about him. I'm not sure of his claims, but I like that his replies were mature than some of the replies here. He stood firm like a brick wall, while everyone yelled all sorts of insults at him. I don't know about anyone else, but I believe we can all learn from this attitude.

I should also add; anyone who feels they need to throw insults to prove a point isn't worth engaging. And anyone who would insult people's parents so relentlessly probably doesn't have respect for theirs. Because if you understand the value of your parents, if you understand what someone's mom or dad means to them, you wouldn't insult their parents. If you hold your own parents in high esteem, you wouldn't go about trying to bring other people's parents down.

I appreciate that you set Philadelphia straight. I don't condone jabs at people's parents and I like that you are that way too. Thank you. smiley

Are you done? Call a spade a spade and a scammer a scammer. No matter how humble or calm a scammer may appear, it doesn't change the fact that he is a scammer. If you've known the trauma people have gone through in the hands of this scammers then you may understand. As it appears, you are immature to understand a cohort.
Scam is scam. Your trying to bring a compromise into this despite the obvious, is my reason for calling you a cohort. If the OP can't meet those demands by other posters including myself to show us proofs and you're supporting him, then how different are you from him?

#cohort

2 Likes

Re: He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs by samuelson06(m): 11:17am On Nov 24, 2015
Craven:

It's okay. I believe Phil has learn his lessons. We've got to always control our temper like men and not take things too personal [either online or offline]. But for the OP, trust me, he may not be who he is painting himself to be here. His nature here is just a decoy to make us believe his claims and hence, he is constrained to be calm and not because he has a quite nature or may not easily get provoked. These kind of guys are simply like Chameleon, changing colors to match prevailing circumstances. But I wish he was really true to himself. He would've been a very wonderful person.
Re: He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs by Craven: 11:46am On Nov 24, 2015
samuelson06:

It's okay. I believe Phil has learn his lessons. We've got to always control our temper like men and not take things too personal [either online or offline]. But for the OP, trust me, he may not be who he is painting himself to be here. His nature here is just a decoy to make us believe his claims and hence, he is constrained to be calm and not because he has a quite nature or may not easily get provoked. These kind of guys are simply like Chameleon, changing colors to match prevailing circumstances. But I wish he was really true to himself. He would've been a very wonderful person.

Perhaps you are right; he may not be who he claims to be. But that does not give us reason to paint ourselves poorly in the eyes of everyone else, does it? Throwing insults, disrespecting people's parents, does that make us better than the 'supposed scammer'? I think not.

Anyway, it was nice speaking with you. Do have a wonderful day. smiley
Re: He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs by samuelson06(m): 12:27pm On Nov 24, 2015
Craven:

Perhaps you are right; he may not be who he claims to be. But that does not give us reason to paint ourselves poorly in the eyes of everyone else, does it? Throwing insults, disrespecting people's parents, does that make us better than the 'supposed scammer'? I think not.

Anyway, it was nice speaking with you. Do have a wonderful day. smiley

You too.
Re: He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs by dadebayo1(m): 2:19pm On Nov 24, 2015
Red alert........ Red flag....... Mr OP be careful oooo...
Re: He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs by Samakus(m): 7:29pm On Nov 24, 2015
samuelson06:

Man, I appreciate your understanding that issues should be tackled but not the poster. At first, I didn't want to reply you but I feel that you have earned the right to be replied, through your shown maturity. You challenged me to post screenshot of the quoted mail from the fraudsters. I am not very good at 'screenshotting'. Please find below, a copy of the mail I sent to the travel agency of the fraudsters who claimed to be Aggregate Industries Limited and their reply mail.

Dear Benjamin Ortega,

Sequel to the receipt of a mail from Aggregate Industries U.K Limited, informing me that I have been shortlisted for an interview with the organization and their admonishment that I should contact you for my travel needs for the interview, I write to inquire about the cost of flight tickets, hotel reservations, visa procurement and transfers within the U.K.

Please be informed that I currently reside in Nigeria and will need an estimate on the cost of the aforementioned travel needs so that I can rally round on how to get the funds.

Thank you very much in anticipation of your immediate reply.

Regards,

Applicant for the Aggregate Industries Limited's trainee programme.
+234703548****

Their reply mail..

Dear ********,

Thank you for contacting Tchoffo Travel And Tours Ltd.

Kindly download and view the attached documents associated with this email for more information about your visa application, requirements and securing a flight ticket for your trip as well as for your hotel reservation.

Please ignore the visa requirement section if your citizenship permits your entry into the United Kingdom without a visa.

Yours truly,
Benjamin Ortega,
(Corporate Travel Consultant)
Tchoffo Travel And Tours Limited,
20 Chapel St, Preston, Lancashire PR1, United Kingdom.
Phone: +44 141 2802785
Fax: +44 872 1117648
E-mail: reservations@tchoffotravel.com

TCHOFFO TRAVEL AND TOURS LIMITED VAT NO 183 0164 99

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message, including any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information intended only for the person(s) named above.If you are not the intended recipient or have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and permanently delete the original transmission from us, including any attachments, without disseminating, distributing or making a copy. Any unauthorized review; use or disclosure is prohibited. Thank you.
▶ Show quoted text
--
Re: He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs by Samakus(m): 7:39pm On Nov 24, 2015
To all commenters doubting my sincerity, I will post photos of all documents, mails etc, sent to me by the fraudsters as well as the mails I sent to them. I must add that I have only decided to do that because I have established beyond doubt (thanks to nairaland) that the invite came from scammers; as such, I will not be committing corporate copyright infringement by disclosing such information.

Expect the photos by the close of work, 25/11/2015. Peace!
Re: He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs by samuelson06(m): 12:04pm On Nov 25, 2015
Samakus:

Man, I appreciate your understanding that issues should be tackled but not the poster. At first, I didn't want to reply you but I feel that you have earned the right to be replied, through your shown maturity. You challenged me to post screenshot of the quoted mail from the fraudsters. I am not very good at 'screenshotting'. Please find below, a copy of the mail I sent to the travel agency of the fraudsters who claimed to be Aggregate Industries Limited and their reply mail.

This is not convincing enough. Capturing your screen is very simple as there is a PrintScreen button on every keyboard or using the Snipping Tool available on Windows. I can't believe that you don't know how to capture your screen because it's so elementary.

1 Like

Re: He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs by rallymento(m): 12:40pm On Nov 25, 2015
Ogbeni This na better Scam!!
Re: He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs by Samakus(m): 12:52pm On Nov 25, 2015
samuelson06:

This is not convincing enough. Capturing your screen is very simple as there is a PrintScreen button on every keyboard or using the Snipping Tool available on Windows. I can't believe that you don't know how to capture your screen because it's so elementary.

When you have been using BlackBerry phones for over a long period of time, you may be a novice when it comes to operating functions on Android phone. Not to worry, I have just been brought up to speed.

1 Like

Re: He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs by Samakus(m): 12:58pm On Nov 25, 2015
PHOTO SPEAKS!

Screenshots of the mail from the fraudsters inviting me for an interview, including attached documents (Job Specs and description, travel information)

Re: He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs by Samakus(m): 1:04pm On Nov 25, 2015
Attached documents (Job Specs and travel information)

Re: He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs by Samakus(m): 1:12pm On Nov 25, 2015
Screenshots of mail I sent to the scammer's travel agency and their reply (including documents they attached in their reply mail).

Re: He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs by Samakus(m): 1:17pm On Nov 25, 2015
Continuing..

Re: He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs by Jamezy4u: 1:20pm On Nov 25, 2015
So this guy has time responding to this glaring scam?

Are you sure you are graduate with all respect ?

Nawa oooi

I got the same mail and couldn't even read the rest when applicant instead of name was used

They are even so nice to have told you that they are 419 in you application number.

Thank God you came here
you are even thinking of taking loan ahhhh
aye oooo

2 Likes

Re: He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs by Samakus(m): 1:23pm On Nov 25, 2015
Finally, through the link sent by Mr Zelex9 (God bless him for me) on this thread, I contacted the real Aggregate Industries Limited . See my inquiry and their reply mail below.

Re: He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs by Samakus(m): 1:44pm On Nov 25, 2015
Jamezy4u:
So this guy has time responding to this glaring scam?

Are you sure you are graduate with all respect ?

Nawa oooi

I got the same mail and couldn't even read the rest when applicant instead of name was used

They are even so nice to have told you that they are 419 in you application number.

Thank God you came here
you are even thinking of takineg loan ahhhh
aye oooo

Bros, I respect your view. Experience, they say, is the best teacher. I have never experienced something of this magnitude. Yes, I was naive and careless not to see them as what they are but that doesn't mean I ate my school fees. If some well educated foreigners can be duped by some Nigerian 419ers many of whom are School Cert holders, do we say that the scammed are illiterates to be duped as such? Being educated is not just about how well you can speak and write, it also borders on how well moulded you are, in character and learning.

If unknowingly falling for fraudulent tricks is a symbol of illiteracy, those that spend money and their time to attend interview invites from Multi-level Marketers posing as recruiting firms should be categorized as illiterates. It's important that graduates desist from unfounded generalizations and wrong use of words. Thank you!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Massive Nurse Recruitment At Talktomedoc Nigeria Limited (90 Positions) / Recruitment At RT Briscoe / Job Offer: GT Bank Entry Level Programme (2:2 Minimum)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.