Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,444 members, 7,801,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:23 AM

Ibe Kachikwu orders ''DPR'' To Distribute Hoarded Fuel Free To Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibe Kachikwu orders ''DPR'' To Distribute Hoarded Fuel Free To Nigerians (28052 Views)

Ibe Kachikwu Shakes Baru At The Nigerian Economic Summit, Earlier Today / Hoarded Fuel Explodes At Atani In Anambra / Minister Orders DPR To Distribute Hoarded Fuel Free To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibe Kachikwu orders ''DPR'' To Distribute Hoarded Fuel Free To Nigerians by Freegift75: 4:03am On Nov 18, 2015
www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/193397-minister-orders-dpr-to-distribute-hoarded-fuel-free-to-nigerians.html

The Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Ibe Kachikwu, on Tuesday directed the Department of Petroleum Resources to seal off fuel stations found to be hoarding petroleum products and dispense the petroleum free to the public.

The Minister gave the directive after a working visit to some retail outlets in Abuja.

“I have instructed DPR that if they discover any fuel station involved in hoarding, they should sell the products for free to customers around there,” he
said. “It is not just sealing the station that is the answer. It is penalizing them when they do these things. I hope the message goes out loud and clear.”

Meanwhile, the Minister has scheduled a session on Wednesday with key operators in the downstream sector of the petroleum industry, namely the Major Marketers Association of Nigeria, Depot and Petroleum Products Marketers Association, as well as Jetty and Tank Farm Owners Associations.

The meeting is expected to mobilise the oil marketers across the country to cooperate with government to ensure speedy clearance of the fuel queues.

“I am getting all the majors to get involved and they must take charge of the situation. They must take
responsibility for all their filling stations. I have instructed the DPR and the Petroleum Equalization Fund and all the other agencies to work towards
the Fast track movement of petrol bearing trucks and vessels,” he explained.

Currently, he said there was enough supply of petroleum products by the Nigerian National petroleum Corporation, as about 38 million litres of
products haa been moved to various filling stations
across the country help resolve the crisis.

On the approved payment of N413 billion subsidy
claims to marketers, the minister confirmed that
President Muhammadu Buhari had since transmitted
a letter to the National Assembly for the approval of
subsidy claims.

The Central Bank of Nigeria, he assured, would soon
make the funds available to the marketers once
appropriated by the National Assembly.

The Minister also said there was no plan by the
government to reduce the price of petrol soon, adding that marketers should desist from hoarding fuel and make products available to the motorists.
To ensure that products become available to
consumers, the NNPC said figures from the daily
dispatch of petrol to depots across the country
showed that by Tuesday about 38.3 million litres of
petrol was dispatched by the Pipeline and Products
Marketing Company, PPMC across the country

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ibe Kachikwu orders ''DPR'' To Distribute Hoarded Fuel Free To Nigerians by faray: 4:45am On Nov 18, 2015
End time fuel scarcity
**mehn the end time ministry is moving forward

17 Likes

Re: Ibe Kachikwu orders ''DPR'' To Distribute Hoarded Fuel Free To Nigerians by Pavore9: 4:58am On Nov 18, 2015
All those outlets hoarding theirs will now prefer to sell than losing everything!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibe Kachikwu orders ''DPR'' To Distribute Hoarded Fuel Free To Nigerians by labamo07(m): 4:58am On Nov 18, 2015
Yet some people will come out all in the name of freedom of speech/access to Internet to start saying/writing rubbish to blame Mr president for the scarcity. Shey na him dey hoard fuel?..............

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ibe Kachikwu orders ''DPR'' To Distribute Hoarded Fuel Free To Nigerians by kokozain(m): 5:05am On Nov 18, 2015
I just wish I am within a premises where this action will be implemented!

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibe Kachikwu orders ''DPR'' To Distribute Hoarded Fuel Free To Nigerians by Ikengawo: 5:11am On Nov 18, 2015

91 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ibe Kachikwu orders ''DPR'' To Distribute Hoarded Fuel Free To Nigerians by temitemi1(m): 5:25am On Nov 18, 2015
Nice order!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibe Kachikwu orders ''DPR'' To Distribute Hoarded Fuel Free To Nigerians by tafabaloo(m): 5:29am On Nov 18, 2015
Oya! Make I go que fill up my tank....opeyemi, kunle Omo iya alayo oya make we go. Free fuel!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Ibe Kachikwu orders ''DPR'' To Distribute Hoarded Fuel Free To Nigerians by DaBullIT(m): 5:30am On Nov 18, 2015
Kachokwu said it, not Buhari

Haters take note

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibe Kachikwu orders ''DPR'' To Distribute Hoarded Fuel Free To Nigerians by Ikengawo: 5:32am On Nov 18, 2015
Lol nigeria is finishd

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibe Kachikwu orders ''DPR'' To Distribute Hoarded Fuel Free To Nigerians by noeloge82(m): 5:34am On Nov 18, 2015
Is it not d depot that see feul to buy from independent Tank firm in Lagos even d so called NNIPCO don't have fuel in my area NNPC have never sold sold fuel since d scarcity so d minister is just giving instruction that cannot hold , d best d govt can do is provide d funds to d marketers and I bet u within 7 days d story will be gone

Freegift75:

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/193397-minister-orders-dpr-to-distribute-hoarded-fuel-free-to-nigerians.html

The Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Ibe Kachikwu, on Tuesday directed the Department of Petroleum Resources to seal off fuel stations found to be hoarding petroleum products and dispense the petroleum free to the public.

The Minister gave the directive after a working visit to some retail outlets in Abuja.

“I have instructed DPR that if they discover any fuel station involved in hoarding, they should sell the products for free to customers around there,” he
said. “It is not just sealing the station that is the answer. It is penalizing them when they do these things. I hope the message goes out loud and clear.”

Meanwhile, the Minister has scheduled a session on Wednesday with key operators in the downstream sector of the petroleum industry, namely the Major Marketers Association of Nigeria, Depot and Petroleum Products Marketers Association, as well as Jetty and Tank Farm Owners Associations.

The meeting is expected to mobilise the oil marketers across the country to cooperate with government to ensure speedy clearance of the fuel queues.

“I am getting all the majors to get involved and they must take charge of the situation. They must take
responsibility for all their filling stations. I have instructed the DPR and the Petroleum Equalization Fund and all the other agencies to work towards

Currently, he said there was enough supply of petroleum products by the Nigerian National petroleum Corporation, as about 38 million litres of

subsidy claims.

government to reduce the price of petrol soon, adding that marketers should desist from hoarding fuel and make products available to the motorists.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibe Kachikwu orders ''DPR'' To Distribute Hoarded Fuel Free To Nigerians by Acjohn(m): 5:36am On Nov 18, 2015
Hope you will be ready when they fight back

2 Likes

Re: Ibe Kachikwu orders ''DPR'' To Distribute Hoarded Fuel Free To Nigerians by ojubi(m): 5:41am On Nov 18, 2015
Silly talk from Kachukwu. So he has finally join the APC propaganda machine.
I have also ordered Nigerians to burn down all NNPC filling stations that has no fuel.
Rubbish. If you want fuel at the stations pay subsidy claims. It is not rocket science.

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibe Kachikwu orders ''DPR'' To Distribute Hoarded Fuel Free To Nigerians by francizy(m): 5:59am On Nov 18, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin

Are we experiencing fuel scarcity or change?

Thought it was change, if so, then why are people crying?

angry angry angry angry angry

Sai Barbra.. cheesy

14 Likes

Re: Ibe Kachikwu orders ''DPR'' To Distribute Hoarded Fuel Free To Nigerians by bonechamberlain(m): 6:12am On Nov 18, 2015
"minister orders" even kachikwu, sorry, u can't order people to open their private businesses, pls advice the Senate or whoever is sitting on that 431billion to be fast with whatever deliberation, and pay those marketers.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibe Kachikwu orders ''DPR'' To Distribute Hoarded Fuel Free To Nigerians by ghhfdavb: 6:14am On Nov 18, 2015

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ibe Kachikwu orders ''DPR'' To Distribute Hoarded Fuel Free To Nigerians by lorbah001(m): 6:16am On Nov 18, 2015
How?
Re: Ibe Kachikwu orders ''DPR'' To Distribute Hoarded Fuel Free To Nigerians by SHOPPERS(m): 6:38am On Nov 18, 2015
Back to 1983... Try it and see. You dey owe person money you come still dey threaten am? Maka why

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ibe Kachikwu orders ''DPR'' To Distribute Hoarded Fuel Free To Nigerians by lmm4real: 7:02am On Nov 18, 2015
Lol grin
Re: Ibe Kachikwu orders ''DPR'' To Distribute Hoarded Fuel Free To Nigerians by lmm4real: 7:06am On Nov 18, 2015
kokozain:
I just wish I am within a premises where this action will be implemented!

Me I will locate the premises my self, I no fit wait till the party reach my area. I know what I went through yesterday just to get fuel.

3 Likes

Re: Ibe Kachikwu orders ''DPR'' To Distribute Hoarded Fuel Free To Nigerians by Sanuzi(m): 7:25am On Nov 18, 2015
i think that serves them right now
Freegift75:

subsidy claims.

1 Like

Re: Ibe Kachikwu orders ''DPR'' To Distribute Hoarded Fuel Free To Nigerians by looseweight: 7:45am On Nov 18, 2015
Ok
Re: Ibe Kachikwu orders ''DPR'' To Distribute Hoarded Fuel Free To Nigerians by 69MissedCalls(m): 7:45am On Nov 18, 2015
lol free fuel in Nigeria

make I bend

3 Likes

Re: Ibe Kachikwu orders ''DPR'' To Distribute Hoarded Fuel Free To Nigerians by youngice(m): 7:45am On Nov 18, 2015
To All those cursing Nigeria
It us in our best interest that we move forward as a collective because we only have one country and when things go south , this will remain our only home, so it is best if we just forget our differences and strive to move our country forward with all our respective talents
God bless Nigeria
God bless her people
God bless you
#prayfornigeria

7 Likes

Re: Ibe Kachikwu orders ''DPR'' To Distribute Hoarded Fuel Free To Nigerians by ChappyChase: 7:45am On Nov 18, 2015
Imagine the conversation..
Minister- I order you marketers to start supplying fuel Now!!
Marketers-(*shocks* looks at the ministers mouth) You carry charm for mouth?
Minister-(confused) No..
Marketers- then gerarahere!!!!!!!!

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibe Kachikwu orders ''DPR'' To Distribute Hoarded Fuel Free To Nigerians by PLANETMARS(m): 7:46am On Nov 18, 2015
I blame end time Biafra for this end time hoarding

Re: Ibe Kachikwu orders ''DPR'' To Distribute Hoarded Fuel Free To Nigerians by Speakdatruth: 7:47am On Nov 18, 2015
endtime news

2 Likes

Re: Ibe Kachikwu orders ''DPR'' To Distribute Hoarded Fuel Free To Nigerians by frankwells(f): 7:47am On Nov 18, 2015
Endtime

2 Likes

Re: Ibe Kachikwu orders ''DPR'' To Distribute Hoarded Fuel Free To Nigerians by ksstroud: 7:47am On Nov 18, 2015
Endtime order

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Court Asked To Sack Adeleke As Senator, Order Salary Refund / A Look At Seyi Makinde’s First Month As Oyo State Governor By Lati Abayomi / 1 Million Register For Tinubu 2023 Project… As Pressure Mounts On APC Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.