Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,907 members, 7,802,950 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:53 AM

Bomb Blast In Nigeria: Facebook Activates Safety Check - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bomb Blast In Nigeria: Facebook Activates Safety Check (29087 Views)

Facebook Activates Safety Check Again After The Bombing In Nigeria This Evening. / Graphic Photos From The Scene Of Yesterday's Bomb Blast In Kuje,Abuja / BREAKING NEWS: Bomb Blast In Abuja. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bomb Blast In Nigeria: Facebook Activates Safety Check by MathsChic(f): 10:04am On Nov 18, 2015
Facebook is just so innovative. I wonder if same can be said of Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Bomb Blast In Nigeria: Facebook Activates Safety Check by yesboss20(m): 10:11am On Nov 18, 2015
Lifebender:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10102481809620421&id=4&refid=8&_ft_=qid.6218358419450098187%3Amf_story_key.-5281367445982730847&__tn__=%2As

You gotta love the Westerners....look at how he summed up the development and even dropped facts in just a paragraph. My brothers and sisters here would only go on ranting epistle by epistle drawing up undocumented points whilst being moved by emotions and biases. We really need to learn objectivity, rational thinking as related to framing arguments and needed ethics in this part of the world. Talk is cheap.
Re: Bomb Blast In Nigeria: Facebook Activates Safety Check by Deztro(m): 11:01am On Nov 18, 2015
ABEG MAKE PERSON EXPLAIN SEFETY CCHECK
Re: Bomb Blast In Nigeria: Facebook Activates Safety Check by Nobody: 11:16am On Nov 18, 2015
Mark is just feeling guilty after being blasted for not showing concern to terror in Africa

#prayForNigeria
#NoToTerror
Re: Bomb Blast In Nigeria: Facebook Activates Safety Check by Daraph(m): 11:42am On Nov 18, 2015
MarieSucre:

Abeg you get God number, coz dis deaths Don too dey plenty?
Yes boss,I do... The number is P R A Y E R.... Dial it with your mouth and put the Sim card of faith.
Re: Bomb Blast In Nigeria: Facebook Activates Safety Check by internetpo(m): 12:08pm On Nov 18, 2015
MarieSucre:
The service will be open to those in the affected areas. You might not see that option if you're not in Yola. Just this morning, I got alert that 2 out of the 7 Facebook friends who marked Yola, Adamawa as their state of residence have checked in safe. Let's keep our thoughts with those 5 who have not.

This is a good measure. At least now I know those 3 are safe and concentrate on contacting family and friends of the remaining.

Nigeria stay strong. Stay united.

**edited**
2 more just checked in. 3 more to go.

Hmm. thanks for making things clear. was abt to buzz Google cos I no understand this check.

hope ur other friends are safe.

by the way you look good in ur profile pix. :p

1 Like

Re: Bomb Blast In Nigeria: Facebook Activates Safety Check by internetpo(m): 12:12pm On Nov 18, 2015
Deztro:
ABEG MAKE PERSON EXPLAIN SEFETY CCHECK

its a feature that allows you to notify ur friends whether you Re safe or not

you'll only see it on ur timeline if u are near a disaster zone like an earthquake or bomb blast
Re: Bomb Blast In Nigeria: Facebook Activates Safety Check by delors(m): 12:21pm On Nov 18, 2015
No wonder!
No wonder Zuckerberg and Co keep getting richer by the day...ideas that transform lives are being churned out on a daily.

No wonder!
No wonder we keep failing as Nigerian youth. Facebook proposed a safety check and average, powder-brained Nigerian youth have already killed the wholesome idea with their negativity, saying, "ah, it won't work" SMH.
How can it work if people like u who are supposed to be d frontrunner of the idea working in nigeria already nipped the idea in d bud before it's launched? How? Facebook is predominantly used by the youths, we are the youth, if it fails, simply means we fail.

jditimiya:
I laugh at these because some people die and others make lot of money from it. Facebook are making lot of money connecting the world and yet many are poor and dying because of big greedy fools. Facebook should just keep all their safety to themselves.
1/10 Poor. Pls how much did u pay to open a Facebook acct?

MarieSucre:

Is it Mark Zuckerberg that is bombing some parts of Northern Nigeria?
Is it Mark Zuckerberg who thinks western education is haram?
Is it Mark Zuckerberg who is squandering our security budget hence making weapons and counter-terrorist strikes next to impossible?
Is it Mark Zuckerberg who is coulluding with Book Haram to destabilize Nigeria?
Is it Mark Zuckerberg who has political and/or religious agenda against the sovereign entity called Nigeria?
pls direct your anger at the relevant authorities.
9/10 Excellent! A man is offering his own help in his own small way, people are still castigating him.

fromnigeria:
The paragraph before the last made more sense to me and thats the sole purpose of this feature.
Well done.
9/10 excellent

Daraph:
Abegi make person hear word jaree! Na only god that can give us security for naija,no more man-made.
0/10 Sardine brain.

vikinatius:
Improving facebook is not improving Nigeria
3/10 improving Facebook might help improve human safety to some extent even in nigeria. Mark aint responsible for ur hustle in naija

Ch1z0:
And some ignoramuses would be feeling as if the world isn't sensitive to our matters.

Problem is, we don't take our selves seriously and that's why the world doesn't take us seriously. It doesn't mean they aren't sensitive to our matters
8/10. Very well spoken my friend.

dason4life:
Nice One Mark!
[s]Just that THEY won't allow it work in Nigeria.
pass[/s]
4/10. Pls who wouldn't allow it to work in Nigeria? LASTMA? Boko Haram? Fashola? P square? Or the youth? Pls read my comment sir.

Yellowson:
All this security measures no fit work here for naija coz we will even disable it saying its too complicated
1/10. Pls who wouldn't allow it to work in Nigeria? LASTMA? Boko Haram? Fashola? P square? Or the youth? Pls read my comment sir.

#ExcellentBrains >8
#BrilliantBrains >6<8,
#AverageBrains >3</=5
#PoorBrains/#LowPoweredBrain/#NoBrain <3

1 Like

Re: Bomb Blast In Nigeria: Facebook Activates Safety Check by Nobody: 1:59pm On Nov 18, 2015
delors:
No wonder!
No wonder Zuckerberg and Co keep getting richer by the day...ideas that transform lives are being churned out on a daily.

No wonder!
No wonder we keep failing as Nigerian youth. Facebook proposed a safety check and average, powder-brained Nigerian youth have already killed the wholesome idea with their negativity, saying, "ah, it won't work" SMH.
How can it work if people like u who are supposed to be d frontrunner of the idea working in nigeria already nipped the idea in d bud before it's launched? How? Facebook is predominantly used by the youths, we are the youth, if it fails, simply means we fail.

Mr Blamer!
Let's see your initiatives
Re: Bomb Blast In Nigeria: Facebook Activates Safety Check by fromnigeria(m): 2:18pm On Nov 18, 2015
delors:
No wonder!

No wonder!

1/10 Poor. Pls how much did u pay to open a Facebook acct?

9/10 Excellent! A man is offering his own help in his own small way, people are still castigating him.

9/10 excellent

0/10 Sardine brain.

3/10 improving Facebook might help improve human safety to some extent even in nigeria. Mark aint responsible for ur hustle in naija

8/10. Very well spoken my friend.

4/10. Pls who wouldn't allow it to work in Nigeria? LASTMA? Boko Haram? Fashola? P square? Or the youth? Pls read my comment sir.

1/10. Pls who wouldn't allow it to work in Nigeria? LASTMA? Boko Haram? Fashola? P square? Or the youth? Pls read my comment sir.

#ExcellentBrains >8
#BrilliantBrains >6<8,
#AverageBrains >3</=5
#PoorBrains/#LowPoweredBrain/#NoBrain <3
Well Done. Youths like myself are part of the problems in Nigeria.
Re: Bomb Blast In Nigeria: Facebook Activates Safety Check by delors(m): 4:40pm On Nov 18, 2015
dason4life:

Mr Blamer!
Let's see your initiatives
Bro, I didn't blame no one. I just said let's at least give this a shot as young guys. Saying it won't work when other countries are already embracing the idea is just not brilliant. Facebook is free, we lose nothing by considering a free idea that would help our safety.
And if anyone even wants to condemn the idea, let it be constructive. More so, I don't expect condemnation (albeit negative) to come from the youth.
That is my . cool
Re: Bomb Blast In Nigeria: Facebook Activates Safety Check by pinkyruledworld(m): 5:45pm On Nov 18, 2015
JumpingChicken:
The best thing is to start ostracise and keep Muslims on a very close watch. They are all terrorists or terrorists sympathisers.
and all Christian s are kidnappers abi? I can clearly see that a mosquito is wiser than u
Re: Bomb Blast In Nigeria: Facebook Activates Safety Check by HastaCuando(m): 9:31pm On Nov 18, 2015
An encouraging one.......

............ in another news Federal Government Scholars in China still going hungry as a result of unpaid scholarship allowances. Since January 2015, and still counting.... Our government, what is happening?. Do we wait till these scholars start protesting, so they would be tagged unpatriotic or better still an embarrassment to the nation? Nobody cares of what they are currently undergoing in trying to make ends meet. cry cry cry... This is very unfair!!!
Re: Bomb Blast In Nigeria: Facebook Activates Safety Check by 2Mekus: 10:58pm On Nov 18, 2015
Orikinla:
Yes, racial profiling is unavoidable in anti-terror intelligence.
I overheard a group of Hausa "Okada" motorcyclists in Lagos whispering about Boko Haram and Kano and I alerted the nation on Nairaland and sent alerts to Aso Villa through Twitter three hours before the terrorists' attacks last night in Yola, the Adamawa State capital in northern Nigeria, because Boko Haram and ISIL are now working with precision one step after the other. A Boko Haram attack follows after any ISIL's attack and Nigeria was mentioned on their Twitter accounts after their attacks on Paris.
Their next major targets will be in December during the Christmas vacations. So, EU must cancel all Schengen Visas until further notice.

If the Nigerian and foreign intelligence agencies had followed my reports on Boko Haram's movement since 2011, on Nigerian Times, http://nigeriantimes..com.ng/search?q=Boko+HarAm, the terrorists would not have increased so far. But failure of military intelligence has caused the failures in the operations against Boko Haram and ISIL.
See the following report on
2015 Global Terrorism Index: Deaths From Terrorism Increased 80% Last Year to the Highest Level Ever; Global Economic Cost of Terrorism Reached All-Time High at US$52.9 Billion
http://www.nigeriansreport.com/2015/11/boko-haram-has-overtaken-isil-as-worlds.html

Mr. man, if you have any info that will help in combating terrorism, you will do well to send it to appropriate quarters rather than on social media. Your assistance may even be rewarded.
Re: Bomb Blast In Nigeria: Facebook Activates Safety Check by BrainnewsNg(f): 11:02pm On Nov 18, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pick Audu’s Son Or We Impeach Your Choice, Kogi Lawmakers Threaten APC / 2019: Nigerians Say No To Buhari’s Re-election Bid…cite Herdsmen Killings, Other / Senate Buys 108 Jeeps At Twice Price.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.