Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,769 members, 7,798,576 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:12 AM

Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome (34155 Views)

Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. / Nexthome Official Complaint Thread / Modern Office Renovation | Nexthome H52 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by brabus(m): 7:33am On Nov 18, 2015
Hello and welcome to my construction journal!

We are starting another exciting journey of building an upscale multi-dwelling property in the heart of Lekki Scheme II, Lagos NG.

Our journey starts now and this is going to be a pleasure ride!

Join us on our journey as we help our client build a nest egg for retirement in Lekki. As a tradition, this thread will serve as a record describing who was on site, what was done, problems that arose and progress made daily.

Please feel free to post comments or questions to this thread.

Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by brabus(m): 7:43am On Nov 18, 2015
Browne Mews | The Configuration

Accommodates: 4 families
Bathrooms: 4.5
Bedrooms: 4
Living room/Dining: Open Plan on 56m2
Car Spaces: 3 per family
Land Size: 1080m2
Property type: Contemporary Terrace Duplexes
Building footprint: 405m2

Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by brabus(m): 7:50am On Nov 18, 2015
Ground Breaking News

Since last week a lot has happened. So many months of planning, waiting and worrying have finally started to bear fruit. Such a relief for the client who cannot wait to see his dream come to reality.

The first job was heartbreaking but necessary: we had to unload some roots and shrubs sitting in the building area. We lost about 4 dwarf palms and and some stubborn roots in the process.

Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by brabus(m): 7:56am On Nov 18, 2015
The second job was to improve accessibility into the site. With last rains, the labd is softer and as a result couldn't support the weight of NextHome Dump truck.

But trust me, we got it covered!

One of fifteen truckloads of sharp sand we budgeted for this stage of construction was used to make a nice ramp for the dump truck. In a jiffy, the issue was resolved.

Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by brabus(m): 8:05am On Nov 18, 2015
Yesterday, being the first day of work at the site, the guys worked incredibly fast and before I knew it they were already putting a roof on the store, preparing steel reinforcement for the fence and the building, drill the borehole and got clean water and the first loads of granite made it in.

Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by brabus(m): 8:23am On Nov 18, 2015
Yesterday in pictures

Borehole installation.

Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by brabus(m): 10:25am On Nov 18, 2015
Yesterday in pictures.

Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by Horlawoomey(m): 10:35am On Nov 18, 2015
Reporting to class, I am going to follow this bumper to fender. May God see you through sir.
Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by brabus(m): 10:52am On Nov 18, 2015
Horlawoomey:
Reporting to class, I am going to follow this bumper to fender. May God see you through sir.

Amen and thank you.

1 Like

Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by brabus(m): 4:22pm On Nov 18, 2015
Browne Mews Now Ready for the foundation. See the wooden pegs where the house will be. And reinforcement work progressing nicely.

Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by brabus(m): 4:29pm On Nov 18, 2015
Another big preparatory work that is now done was delivery of steel shutters for the ground beam.

Everything is getting set for the Big Day when we break the ground and start fitting things.

Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by peaceland(m): 5:44pm On Nov 18, 2015
sir,
I know its a site but seems you may have blocked the communal drainage. in this season that could affect some people down the street sir .
thanks

1 Like

Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by brabus(m): 5:52pm On Nov 18, 2015
peaceland:
sir,
I know its a site but seems you may have blocked the communal drainage. in this season that could affect some people down the street sir .
thanks

Haa! We can't block the communal drainage. The sand will be removed from gutter and proper drainage will be constructed.

There's plan to reconstruct the entire drainage. The current one is weak.
Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by brabus(m): 5:54pm On Nov 18, 2015
Today in pictures. Site store now ready for use.

Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by twinskenny(m): 5:54pm On Nov 18, 2015
it will end well
Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by wanaj0: 6:25pm On Nov 18, 2015
brabus:

Haa! We can't block the communal drainage. The sand will be removed from gutter and proper drainage will be constructed.

There's plan to reconstruct the entire drainage. The current one is weak.

You have blocked the drainage. Quite unprofessional. There are other sensible ways of creating access without using sand to block the drainage system. Nothing to be proud off.

2 Likes

Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by brabus(m): 6:48pm On Nov 18, 2015
wanaj0:

You have blocked the drainage. Quite unprofessional. There are other sensible ways of creating access without using sand to block the drainage system. Nothing to be proud off.

It's okay sir. We will open up the drainage. There's never a plan to block the drainage. The weak concrete slide under the truck. Hence the reason sand was used to fill the portion to allow accessibility. At least for now.

Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by smiley001(m): 10:06pm On Nov 18, 2015
Weldone sir
Reporting to class!!

1 Like

Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by brabus(m): 10:25pm On Nov 18, 2015
@smiley001, You did so well with the supply. I'm happy!
Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by wanaj0: 4:06am On Nov 19, 2015
Brabus, you have a penchant of JUSTIFYING and RATIONALISING ALL your actions!

It was pointed out that you blocked the drainage. Initially, you denied it. Now you are traying to rationalise why you are RIGHT to have blocked the drainage! How many more WRONG things will you do and still try to rationalise and justify?

No one is perfect. We all do make mistakes. We do make wrong choices. The difference is accepting and making ammends.

All the BEST.

4 Likes

Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by brabus(m): 5:51am On Nov 19, 2015
Big day today

Today is a big milestone for us. The ground will finally — finally! — be broken up.
So the next few posts will undoubtedly be full of construction stuffs.
Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by brabus(m): 11:24am On Nov 19, 2015
Happening Now!

Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by smiley001(m): 11:54am On Nov 19, 2015
brabus:
@smiley001, You did so well with the supply. I'm happy!

Thanks Oga for the opportunity.

Sir, Dats why we r Smiley. If we don't do well, treat our customers rightly or serve them what they request for, we won't progress and our business will stop... Dats why we must always do the right things.

Don't know if you are a christian or muslim or atheist but I pray that this project will come out and end well in God's name. Amen!!
Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by brabus(m): 7:24pm On Nov 19, 2015
Day 1: Pictures Updates

Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by brabus(m): 7:32pm On Nov 19, 2015
Day 1: More Pictures

1 Like

Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by twinskenny(m): 7:34pm On Nov 19, 2015
brabus:
Day 1: More Pictures
this look like a water log area.. so much water despite the fact that the raining season has stopped

1 Like

Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by TLAX: 8:25pm On Nov 19, 2015
wanaj0:
Brabus, you have a penchant of JUSTIFYING and RATIONALISING ALL your actions!

It was pointed out that you blocked the drainage. Initially, you denied it. Now you are traying to rationalise why you are RIGHT to have blocked the drainage! How many more WRONG things will you do and still try to rationalise and justify?

No one is perfect. We all do make mistakes. We do make wrong choices. The difference is accepting and making ammends.

All the BEST.

Its not unusual to have this kinds of situations during construction even in built up areas. Nothing wring with that especially even the contractor restores to condition he met it or better as soon as possible. Lekki II is jot really a built up area so nobody is being inconvenienced for now. I will take Brabus to the gallows if after construction he fails to clear the drainage, build proper culverts and fixes that portion if the road his trucks have obviously damaged...of course this is expected to be taken care of by the landlord.

1 Like

Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by brabus(m): 8:36pm On Nov 19, 2015
@TLAX grin grin
This is not our first build inside Lekki II. In 2011, our privacy fence project was constructed the same way in Lekki II.

https://www.nairaland.com/1236563/privacy-fence-lekki-construction-blog#15374586

At the end of the project, a proper ramp was constructed over the drainage and everything cleared to the landlord's satisfaction.

The owner dey here to attest to this.

_______
Meanwhile, I ordered some solid 3" x 10" hardwood to construct a temporary ramp over the drainage today. And it has been constructed.

1 Like

Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by FastShipping: 8:37pm On Nov 19, 2015
brabus:
Day 1: Pictures Updates

How did water get into the excavation?
Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by brabus(m): 8:53pm On Nov 19, 2015
FastShipping:

How did water get into the excavation?

It is Groundwater. Trust me, we got this covered also.

The plan is to dig a big hole deeper than the excavation and pump out the excessive water from the lot.

_________
NextHome Support Service got this covered at no cost to the home owner. We are providing a water pump and discharge house at no cost to the owner for this.

Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by brabus(m): 9:20pm On Nov 19, 2015
Block Production Agreement Sealed

I conclude the agreement with one of my reputable block supplier to produce 15,000 blocks required for this build. Mobilization fee paid and our dump truck has already commenced delivery of sharp sand for the job. Preparation of block production site already underway.

More update on this tomorrow.
Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by brabus(m): 9:23pm On Nov 19, 2015
smiley001:

Thanks Oga for the opportunity.
Sir, Dats why we r Smiley. If we don't do well, treat our customers rightly or serve them what they request for, we won't progress and our business will stop... Dats why we must always do the right things.
Don't know if you are a christian or muslim or atheist but I pray that this project will come out and end well in God's name. Amen!!

@smiley001, this is no time for sulking.

I'll need 30 tons of stone dust tomorrow evening or latest Saturday morning. Hit me up on whatsapp for more discussion.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

New Architectural Designs / 4th Mainland Bridge Paths From Lekki, Ajah, Ikorodu And Ojodu Berger / Hotel Owner Donates Multi-Million Hotel To A Catholic Church For IDPs (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.