Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,931 members, 7,806,694 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:04 PM

You Must Stop Using Counterfeit Or Cracked Softwares - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / You Must Stop Using Counterfeit Or Cracked Softwares (1365 Views)

PES 2017 PC Cracked Version Is Out / Denuvo Has Finally Been Cracked!!! / FIFA 16 For PC Cracked Via Demo Bypass (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Must Stop Using Counterfeit Or Cracked Softwares by ekenetheorg(m): 8:49am On Nov 18, 2015
Maybe you have been using cracked and counterfeit software for years without a bit of remorse. You don’t need to feel it; you just need to know that you probably could be hurting your computer, your security and your life. Here is why.

People who crack software and make it available for use FREE are probably thieves. You think a thief wants to help you for FREE by cracking software for you? No. Their main aim is to get infected files into your computer. And the best way is to introduce that through free software which is supposed to be paid for.

When you have installed the cracked version, and silenced your anti-virus (which should have been warning you), then you stand a chance to lose more when the hackers begin to wreak havoc. Imagine getting software worth $5 for free, only to give hackers your banking information which they use to take $1,000 from your account. You are the loser. Sorry!

Source: http://masterweb.com.ng/why-you-need-to-stop-using-cracked-and-counterfeit-softwares/
http://masterweb.com.ng/why-you-need-to-stop-using-cracked-and-counterfeit-softwares/
Re: You Must Stop Using Counterfeit Or Cracked Softwares by Aceed: 8:14pm On Nov 18, 2015
There is no app connecting to my account on my system or phone and i will never install one neither will i activate online banking for my account i.e the one they is money, so i am pretty safe, am i not?

1 Like

Re: You Must Stop Using Counterfeit Or Cracked Softwares by HyDef(m): 12:12am On Nov 19, 2015
Well, yeah, you have a point that they wouldn't so it for free... They do it for traffic, and ad revenue.

It's common to get infected from cracked software, but just a little bit of experience in the matter and you'll never click a malicious download link.

1 Like

Re: You Must Stop Using Counterfeit Or Cracked Softwares by ekenetheorg(m): 9:38am On Nov 21, 2015
cc: lalasticlala
Move to FP
Re: You Must Stop Using Counterfeit Or Cracked Softwares by ekenetheorg(m): 9:42am On Nov 21, 2015
Aceed:
There is no app connecting to my account on my system or phone and i will never install one neither will i activate online banking for my account i.e the one they is money, so i am pretty safe, am i not?
You are not completely safe. There might be none on your phone, but many clues on your Facebook inbox and email, and the hackers can easily gain access to your login details on those websites via keylogger installed while you were installing a free software.
Sorry, not completely safe!
Re: You Must Stop Using Counterfeit Or Cracked Softwares by Aceed: 6:48pm On Nov 21, 2015
ekenetheorg:

You are not completely safe. There might be none on your phone, but many clues on your Facebook inbox and email, and the hackers can easily gain access to your login details on those websites via keylogger installed while you were installing a free software.
Sorry, not completely safe!

Right now, yes right now, the only usefulness of my email is to login to nairaland and I log on to my fb account once in a while to see what my friends are up to, nothing else. I do virtually nothing on the web except from "nairalanding" and downloading albums. So you can see that my online activity is really less than basic cool

1 Like

Re: You Must Stop Using Counterfeit Or Cracked Softwares by ladokuntlad(m): 9:24am On Nov 22, 2015
ekenetheorg:
Maybe you have been using cracked and counterfeit software for years without a bit of remorse. You don’t need to feel it; you just need to know that you probably could be hurting your computer, your security and your life. Here is why.

People who crack software and make it available for use FREE are probably thieves. You think a thief wants to help you for FREE by cracking software for you? No. Their main aim is to get infected files into your computer. And the best way is to introduce that through free software which is supposed to be paid for.

When you have installed the cracked version, and silenced your anti-virus (which should have been warning you), then you stand a chance to lose more when the hackers begin to wreak havoc. Imagine getting software worth $5 for free, only to give hackers your banking information which they use to take $1,000 from your account. You are the loser. Sorry!

Source: http://masterweb.com.ng/why-you-need-to-stop-using-cracked-and-counterfeit-softwares/
http://masterweb.com.ng/why-you-need-to-stop-using-cracked-and-counterfeit-softwares/
ABEG LEAVE AM LIKE DAT. NA DAT CRACK SURE PASS
Sorry to say this but most of these articles mostly applies to them i.e foreign nations. because ova here
1. hardly do i use internet banking
2. even if am going to use one, its strictly on my fone.
3. Except u are a big business man wich doesn't correlate to a software user, dey surely cant get any bank details in naija gmail or facebook account except monthly statement of account.
$. Average naija guy doesnt put up his/her lifedetails on the net(monetary aspect).
So tell me how can one bloatware,malware, trojan,virus,keylogger,spyware wants to av benefit here.
Its like a church rat, it will eventually die of prayer points grin grin grin
Re: You Must Stop Using Counterfeit Or Cracked Softwares by DaBullIT(m): 11:19am On Nov 22, 2015
I like them cracked

(1) (Reply)

Anybody Interested In A Mortal Kombat X Or Street Fighter V Tournament? / How To Get Full Lives In Candy Crush Without Waiting / In Need Of Pes3 Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.