Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,855 members, 7,806,418 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:17 PM

Super Eagles Better Off Without Mikel - Swaziland Coach - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles Better Off Without Mikel - Swaziland Coach (2081 Views)

Poland Vs Nigeria: Super Eagles Boss Wants His Players To Perform Without Mikel / Super Eagles Arrive Swaziland Ahead Of Their Match Today (Photos) / Nigeria Vs Swaziland: World Cup Qualifier (0 - 0) On 13th November 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Super Eagles Better Off Without Mikel - Swaziland Coach by Opetech(m): 10:11am On Nov 18, 2015
Harris Bulunga, the head coach of the Swaziland national football team on Tuesday disclosed that not fielding Chelsea midfielder, Mikel Obi in the FIFA World Cup qualifying match played at the Adokiye Amiesimaka Stadium in Port Harcourt, led to the 2-0 defeat his team suffered from the Eagles.

He made this remark after the match which saw Moses Simon and Efe Ambrose's goal in the 51st and 84th minute respectively, sent the Swaziland packing from the World Cup qualifier series.

Bulunga said, he expected Oliseh to play Mikel Obi, but it was a surprise to see him on the sideline.
According to him "Sunday Oliseh surprised us with his tactics and choice of players. The Nigerian midfield was generally slow in the first leg in Swaziland."

He stated that the Nigerian midfield was more mobile and fluid in Tuesday's match, adding that the Eagles created more chances in the match. Bulunga noted that the Eagles midfield was more coordinated in yesterday's game.

The Swazi coach also tipped the Eagles to go places in the World Cup qualifying matches.

http://trendysports.com.ng/super-eagles-better-off-without-mikel-swaziland-coach/

Re: Super Eagles Better Off Without Mikel - Swaziland Coach by Paulpaulpaul(m): 10:16am On Nov 18, 2015
Leave Mikel alone jare, baba ibeji
Re: Super Eagles Better Off Without Mikel - Swaziland Coach by justiz5(m): 10:51am On Nov 18, 2015
Opetech:
Harris Bulunga, the head coach of the Swaziland national football team on Tuesday disclosed that not fielding Chelsea midfielder, Mikel Obi in the FIFA World Cup qualifying match played at the Adokiye Amiesimaka Stadium in Port Harcourt, led to the 2-0 defeat his team suffered from the Eagles.

He made this remark after the match which saw Moses Simon and Efe Ambrose's goal in the 51st and 84th minute respectively, sent the Swaziland packing from the World Cup qualifier series.

Bulunga said, he expected Oliseh to play Mikel Obi, but it was a surprise to see him on the sideline.
According to him "Sunday Oliseh surprised us with his tactics and choice of players. The Nigerian midfield was generally slow in the first leg in Swaziland."

He stated that the Nigerian midfield was more mobile and fluid in Tuesday's match, adding that the Eagles created more chances in the match. Bulunga noted that the Eagles midfield was more coordinated in yesterday's game.

The Swazi coach also tipped the Eagles to go places in the World Cup qualifying matches.

http://trendysports.com.ng/super-eagles-better-off-without-mikel-swaziland-coach/

Modified
Re: Super Eagles Better Off Without Mikel - Swaziland Coach by justiz5(m): 10:52am On Nov 18, 2015

Modified
Re: Super Eagles Better Off Without Mikel - Swaziland Coach by chynergy1(m): 12:08pm On Nov 18, 2015
na so e don reach undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Better Off Without Mikel - Swaziland Coach by osothermal(m): 2:27pm On Nov 18, 2015
Come manutd dat time u say no u see ur life now
Re: Super Eagles Better Off Without Mikel - Swaziland Coach by Nobody: 2:55pm On Nov 18, 2015
Emenike, Mikel, Onanzi sud leave d team
Re: Super Eagles Better Off Without Mikel - Swaziland Coach by Koleman(m): 7:02pm On Nov 18, 2015
osothermal:
Come manutd dat time u say no u see ur life now
no mind am. Mourinho don change am from Jet to bus

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Better Off Without Mikel - Swaziland Coach by Koleman(m): 7:03pm On Nov 18, 2015
Onijagidijagan:
Emenike, Mikel, Onanzi sud leave d team
onazi? Abeg no include am for that list
Re: Super Eagles Better Off Without Mikel - Swaziland Coach by Nobody: 7:05pm On Nov 18, 2015
Take it or leave it,Mikel remains our best Midfielder after the exit of our midfield maestro, Jay Jay Okocha.
We all know that he is slow so what??... Every player has a weakness no matter how good he is.
It is left for the coach to play him to his own strength.
Was it not the same Mikel who performed incredibly well in Afcon 2013 If you want him to play to his strength give him cover with the right kind of midfield combo of and I bet you, he will perform.
We have had instances where he dictated the pace of a game in the favor of Nigeria.
I believe Oliseh distorted the Swaziland game plan by not fielding Mikel.

I insist that Oliseh twerk the Eagles midfield to accommodate Mikel...

5 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Better Off Without Mikel - Swaziland Coach by bettermike: 8:25pm On Nov 18, 2015
Daninya11:
Take it or leave it,Mikel remains our best Midfielder after the exit of our midfield maestro, Jay Jay Okocha.
We all know that he is slow so what??... Every player has a weakness no matter how good he is.
Was it not the same Mikel who performed incredibly well in Afcon 2013 If you want him to play to his strength give him cover with the right kind of midfield combo of and I bet you, he will perform.
We have had instances where he dictated the pace of a game in the favor of Nigeria.

No need to dictate to our coach. Mikel will be utilised where his skills fit. For now, you have heard what the swazi coach said. Our midfield was sluggish with Mikel.

Guy, teams are evolving fast. Opponents weak links are mostly exploited these days. A good example is ivanovic of Chelsea. One of the best epl defenders last season but now a bench warmer because other teams started exploiting his weaknesses being the weak link in the team. Teams are now using that position to punish Chelsea.

Same for Mikel. Teams will use his position to punish super eagles if he is not dumped quickly. Watch the first leg again and see how Mikel almost gave the swazis two cheap goals.

Please stop dictating to our beloved coach. Allow him to do his Job. Either way, your opinion will never count cos you are definitely a nobody. No offence.

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Better Off Without Mikel - Swaziland Coach by Nobody: 9:59pm On Nov 18, 2015
bettermike:

No need to dictate to our coach. Mikel will be utilised where his skills fit. For now, you have heard what the swazi coach said. Our midfield was sluggish with Mikel.

Guy, teams are evolving fast. Opponents weak links are mostly exploited these days. A good example is ivanovic of Chelsea. One of the best epl defenders last season but now a bench warmer because other teams started exploiting his weaknesses being the weak link in the team. Teams are now using that position to punish Chelsea.

Same for Mikel. Teams will use his position to punish super eagles if he is not dumped quickly. Watch the first leg again and see how Mikel almost gave the swazis two cheap goals.

Please stop dictating to our beloved coach. Allow him to do his Job. Either way, your opinion will never count cos you are definitely a nobody. No offence.

Sir, with all due respect What makes you think I am a nobody I will take no exception to such allusion. I strongly opine that you choose your words carefully next time when addressing People or issues.

I don't recall forcing my opinion on anybody or dictating to Sunday Oliseh. What makes Nigerians think we can defeat the Pharaohs of Egypt with this disorganized and disjointed team. Let's see how the team fare without mikel in the heart of midfield.

We have tried rookies in the absence of mikel and they have all failed woefully. As it stands for now, he remains our best bet in the heart of midfield. Where are the likes of Gabriel Reubens nicknamed Mikel clown?? Lukman Haruna Rabiu Ibrahim?? Ramon Azeez etc. When Mikel successor appears, it will be glaring for all to see..

My opinion is mine and I am free to Air it out.

5 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Better Off Without Mikel - Swaziland Coach by bettermike: 6:53pm On Nov 19, 2015
Daninya11:

Sir, with all due respect What makes you think I am a nobody I will take no exception to such allusion. I strongly opine that you choose your words carefully next time when addressing People or issues.

I don't recall forcing my opinion on anybody or dictating to Sunday Oliseh. What makes Nigerians think we can defeat the Pharaohs of Egypt with this disorganized and disjointed team. Let's see how the team fare without mikel in the heart of midfield.

We have tried rookies in the absence of mikel and they have all failed woefully. As it stands for now, he remains our best bet in the heart of midfield. Where are the likes of Gabriel Reubens nicknamed Mikel clown?? Lukman Haruna Rabiu Ibrahim?? Ramon Azeez etc. When Mikel successor appears, it will be glaring for all to see..

Obviously, you didn't watch the last match.
Re: Super Eagles Better Off Without Mikel - Swaziland Coach by bettermike: 7:00pm On Nov 19, 2015
In the last match, our midfield was near perfect. Energetic and appealing to the eyes.

Mikel is my witness. He watched the entire match live from the bench where he belongs.

Mikel is so sluggish and gives other players extra work to do.

In the last match, the midfielders did their jobs perfectly.

One thing is sure. Egypt go suffer mehn. All we need is more firepower upfront.

Nigeria is on the rise again!

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Better Off Without Mikel - Swaziland Coach by Nobody: 7:25pm On Nov 19, 2015
bettermike:

Obviously, you didn't watch the last match.

I did...
I also think that midfield was almost non existent in the 1st half. No doubt onobi added more steel to the midfield, I think Onazi fared better than him.

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Better Off Without Mikel - Swaziland Coach by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:39pm On Nov 19, 2015
Sir Daninya11, it's been a while........*smiles*

Super Falcons thread and Flying Eagles thread..... Remember??

Anyway, well said. Don't mind the "gentleman". He just goes around labelling people "nobodies" who don't share his opinions.

I knew he was trouble. And he's proven me right in this thread. **wont even respond if he quotes me**
#smiles

And you're right about Mikel. *smiles*

Meanwhile, I like Oliseh's dare and what he's done by turning The Super Eagles into a side that are dangerous from setpieces but he should watch it!!!!! because AT THIS VERY MOMENT, there's no midfielder who can dominate a game in midfield like Mikel does in a green and white.

Our midfield was poor and uncoordinated against a lowly Swazi side in the first half. They picked up in the second with Onazi bossing things in midfield the way he knew how to.
Onobi had a near average game in my books. Wonder why people are screaming like we've found Gold. *smiles* Let no one get me wrong. Onobi is a decent talent but there's no way he can fill in the Mikel role. MIKEL REMAINS OUR BEST FOR NOW. **no arguments**

Talking about a long-term successor for Mikel, I must say they are already "born" BUT ARE STILL YOUNG AND NEED MORE EXPOSURE And A little more maturity (THEY ARE FOR THE FUTURE NOT "THIS VERY MOMENT"wink. But they're certainly "Nigeria's Future Midfield leaders" who will carry the other midfield talents in other positions along.

I speak of "Super Prospects/Top young talents" such as:
1. Chile 2015 Golden Ball Winner, Kelechi Nwakali (a midfield all-rounder who can effectively function in the AMF, CMF, and DMF roles as we saw in Chile) ;

2. Nigeria U-23s Central midfield all-rounder, Usman Mohammed in the CMF, AMF, DMF roles.

3. Enyimba Int'l FC and NPFL Winner, Kingsley Sokari in the central/attacking midfield roles;

4. Tottenham Hotspurs Youngster who'll sign a pro-contract in january 2016, Musa Yahaya in the no.10 and central midfield roles.

5. The other emerging midfield talents (hopefully their careers stay on course) would function in tandem with these brightest 4 above.
Talents like:
-Chidiebere Nwakali (Man City, loaned to Girona, Spain)
-Ifeanyi Matthew (El-kanemi warriors, Nigeria)
-Akinjide Idowu (UAE 2013 revelation)
-David Enogela (Chile 2015 revelation)
-Azubuike Okechukwu (Nigeria U-23s)
-among a couple of others and more that time will unveil.

CONCLUSION: FOR NOW, MIKEL REMAINS OUR MIDFIELD BOSS and should be handled with "wisdom". If Oliseh wanna dump him..... Then he should do so without fuss. But it's difficult to see a midfield three of "Onazi-Onobi-Igboun" standing tall against the slippery Egyptians and whoever our opponents will be in the 3rd/final round of the Fifa World cup qualifying series.

Oliseh should please, tread carefully.

*smiles*

Daninya11:

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Better Off Without Mikel - Swaziland Coach by HARDBUOI: 9:48pm On Nov 19, 2015
bettermike:
In the last match, our midfield was near perfect. Energetic and appealing to the eyes.

Mikel is my witness. He watched the entire match live from the bench where he belongs.

Mikel is so sluggish and gives other players extra work to do.

In the last match, the midfielders did their jobs perfectly.

One thing is sure. Egypt go suffer mehn. All we need is more firepower upfront.

Nigeria is on the rise again!

with the way u sound, i can bet anythin on it dat ur comments against mikel is based on hatred and tribal bigotry but not his pitch performance.
bcoz no player can perform very well in all the matches he played, even messi and ronaldo somtymes do hav bad days on d pitch.
mikel did very well in d last two friendlies we played before diz qualifier, but wen he flops in a single match u will all clamor for hiz head!

BLIV IT OR NOT MIKEL IS STILL D BEST IN MIDFEILD FOR NOW. and d coach better not bench him again against EGYPT else its gonna b a nightmare for us,

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Better Off Without Mikel - Swaziland Coach by Opetech(m): 10:04pm On Nov 19, 2015
Predict and Win Cash prizes!!!!

Re: Super Eagles Better Off Without Mikel - Swaziland Coach by edi287: 11:41pm On Nov 19, 2015
Better off without our Best midfielder??
Re: Super Eagles Better Off Without Mikel - Swaziland Coach by edi287: 11:45pm On Nov 19, 2015
Daninya11:

Don't mind these guys. Tell them to name even 3 midfielder that has Mikel's technical ability, they'll struggle.
Our main problem is finding a number 10. Someone's who is able to deliver the final ball. Mikel and Onazi are a good pair.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Better Off Without Mikel - Swaziland Coach by Nobody: 7:50am On Nov 20, 2015
edi287:

Don't mind these guys. Tell them to name even 3 midfielder that has Mikel's technical ability, they'll struggle.
Our main problem is finding a number 10. Someone's who is able to deliver the final ball. Mikel and Onazi are a good pair.

Bro you are absolutely right, we need that person who will be that final 3rd to link the midfield to the attack and feed the Strikers with the ball.
After the untimely exit of MBA and IDEYE, our Strikers have gone impotent leading to the untimely exit of EMENIKE from the National team..

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Better Off Without Mikel - Swaziland Coach by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:58am On Nov 20, 2015
Daninya11:

Bro you are absolutely right, we need that person who will be that final 3rd to link the midfield to the attack and feed the Strikers with the ball.
After the untimely exit of MBA and IDEYE, our Strikers have gone impotent leading to the untimely exit of EMENIKE from the National team..

What is wrong with Coach Oliseh given Sone Aluko a chance to form a midfield trident with Mikel and Onazi.

Aluko played that role well when he came in against South Africa and scored two goals. I hope Coach Oliseh invites Aluko and Babatunde and tries them. Especially Aluko.

I also like the Hope Akpan, Mikel and Sone Aluko midfield. With Onazi playing as a right back. That was the best combination I have seen from Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Better Off Without Mikel - Swaziland Coach by Nobody: 9:15am On Nov 20, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

What is wrong with Coach Oliseh given Sone Aluko a chance to form a midfield trident with Mikel and Onazi.

Aluko played that role well when he came in against South Africa and scored two goals. I hope Coach Oliseh invites Aluko and Babatunde and tries them. Especially Aluko.

I also like the Hope Akpan, Mikel and Sone Aluko midfield. With Onazi playing as a right back. That was the best combination I have seen from Nigeria.

You are right sir..
Absolutely right...
I hope Oliseh sees this...

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Better Off Without Mikel - Swaziland Coach by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:03am On Nov 20, 2015
Aluko just came back from injury during the international break as he's been out on the sidelines for a while.

I hope Oliseh has him in his plans too.

Note: If Aluko must excel in the green and white, Oliseh must play him alongside Mikel and Onazi. I don't want to see Aluko pairing Igboun and Onobi, having a bad game and people start saying he's no good.

Funny thing is even Kelechi Iheanacho can play the "10" role (just like Aluko) with Mikel and Onazi behind him.

Take out Mikel, and whoever plays the "10" role may struggle because Mikel brings a kind of rhythm and pace dictation to our midfield game especially in the central midfield role which neither Nacho nor Aluko can operate in because they're both AMFs/Forwards.

TheGoodJoe:

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Better Off Without Mikel - Swaziland Coach by richard600: 11:34am On Nov 20, 2015
My fixed games are now ready for tomorrow to make huge cash as always interested persons should call me. 07069477446

Re: Super Eagles Better Off Without Mikel - Swaziland Coach by Nobody: 12:49pm On Nov 20, 2015
TheGoodjoe

TheSuperNerd

Your analysis are so on point...
Thanks for sharing your views...

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Better Off Without Mikel - Swaziland Coach by Sant1m: 7:45pm On Nov 20, 2015
Daninya11:

Mikel is slow, though a good player his style kills the transition of a game. Tweaking style to suit Mikel will hamper the team. I don't hate Mikel playing him on Tuesday would ve made the game difficult to us, Oliseh's decisesiveness would make him go far as his action is building competition in the team.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Better Off Without Mikel - Swaziland Coach by Sant1m: 7:57pm On Nov 20, 2015
Daninya11:

I did...
I also think that midfield was almost non existent in the 1st half. No doubt onobi added more steel to the midfield, I think Onazi fared better than him.
Haba! Did you watch the same match or you are just been economical? The midfield was energetic and filled with energy, Mikel was the weak link in Swaziland.

(1) (Reply)

10 Sure Odds Daily, We Must Make This Money. / AFROBASKET2017 Q/final: CIV 43-98 Nigeria (D'tigress) / Victor Osimhen Scores Again - Becoming Unstoppable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.