Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,856 members, 7,802,743 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:33 PM

Why Buhari Won't Succeed In 4 Years - Cramjones - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Buhari Won't Succeed In 4 Years - Cramjones (19244 Views)

Buhari's Govt Won't Succeed Until Amaechi Apologises To Pastors - Bishop Adeoye / Presidency Blasts Galadima, Says Buhari Won't Be Alone In 2019 / Buhari Won't Sign Budget Unless National Assembly Provides Details (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Buhari Won't Succeed In 4 Years - Cramjones by Nobody: 6:13pm On Nov 18, 2015
This is a very difficult op-ed to write haven been identified as an ardent supporter of President Mohammadu Buhari, however, I have sat back to study the trends in terms of the raw data that reflects development indicators for Nigeria and have realized that fixing Nigeria is way beyond PMB at this point, for the most part in the first 4 years of this government, expect nothing but a little improvement but for the most part things getting really worse! Here is why.

1. When oil was over $100/bararell for the most part in GEJ's regime, the per capita income was only $2800 (average annual earning per head as a function of total GDP), meaning Nigeria saw more money than it had ever seen in the past 16 years, but most citizens can't point out to any Dubai-like improvement. Most of that money made people like Dasuki and Deziani billionaires and left over 112 million people living in poverty. Today oil price less than half of it, per capita income is down to $2200 with persistent rampant corruption even under Buhari. I doubt that any tangible thing can be done in four years. In fact, the economy is so bad that Buhari can't even balance the budget without driving Nigeria further into debt by asking the Senate to grant him approval to borrow over $10billion.

2. Today our growth rate is 2% as opposed to an annual rate of 7%. A 2% growth rate with no hope of an oil price increase will only lead to more job losses, less capital development, and an even more indebted nation.

3. Naira has fallen from N160 to N225 to a dollar in less than 2 years. To understand the impact of this better, consider the following:

Mr Musa earns N160,000 monthly 2 years ago, an equivalent of $1000 value at that time. If Mr. Musa is still earning N160,000 it simply means the real value of money he has is $711. This is even more real in Nigeria since almost everything is imported, and the USD is the currency used to purchase this goods. It simply means that more naira would have to be used to purchase the dollar....eventually this would lead to the price of many things going up since importers would have to break even. Take a trip to the Lagos ports, they are almost dead, customs have lost over 70% of their revenue in the last year or so, due to an almost docile activity.

4. With ISIS attacking Paris, Boko Haram has been more emboldened to continue its campaign on soft targets. The geo-political climate of Nigeria has given rise to Biafra, and in general a wave of percieved and real instability. This will only drive away investors - leaving Nigeria in a more gloomy economy mess.

5. For the past 6 months, Nigeria has had little or no policy directions. We have only 1.5 years to go, and campaigns for elections will begin. As campaigns draw closer, most of the money that would be needed for capital development woudl be diverted for elections. Agitations in the South East would continue, Boko Haram attacks on soft targets will continue, youths would remain unemployed due to little or no capital flowing into and within the country. I only see doom.

I love APC, but I am afraid, the nation can only see any TRUE change if you only give it at least a decade, the remaining 3.5 years is definitely NOT going to be better. Brace yourselves for the worst before it gets an inch better.

God Bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

-CramJones

CC: tonyebarcanista lalasticlala ishilove

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Won't Succeed In 4 Years - Cramjones by Firefire(m): 6:15pm On Nov 18, 2015
Moment of truth...

5. For the past 6 months, Nigeria has had little or no policy directions. We have only 1.5 years to, and campaigns for elections will begin. Recall at this time most of the money needed for capital development would be diverted for elections. Agitations in the South East would continue, Boko Haram attacks on soft targets will continue, youths would remain unemployed due to little or no capital flowing into and within the country. I only see doom.

APC and the presidency should be ready to say the truth to Nigerians.

Tell Nigerians that all the campaign promises are not feasible, be open and ask for their understandings for your wholesale lies during campaign.

Otherwise, if 170 Million citizens start raining curses, you can imagine the effect on the target.

123 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Won't Succeed In 4 Years - Cramjones by DropShot: 6:17pm On Nov 18, 2015
Your opinion which has no relevance with what will actually happen. I will wait for his budget for next year and pass a judgement after a full year of his presidency.
Going by what we have seen so far, I will rate him 6 out of 10. Fingers crossed.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Won't Succeed In 4 Years - Cramjones by kodded(m): 6:18pm On Nov 18, 2015

undecided undecided

'the attention seeker is back

undecided undecided

11 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Won't Succeed In 4 Years - Cramjones by Nobody: 6:18pm On Nov 18, 2015
Stop blaming Jonathan, who forced them to promise heaven and earth?

63 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Won't Succeed In 4 Years - Cramjones by Niyeal(m): 6:18pm On Nov 18, 2015
Ok
Re: Why Buhari Won't Succeed In 4 Years - Cramjones by speedyGonzales: 6:20pm On Nov 18, 2015

Even the fucken blind can see! he simply lacks the brain cells!

78 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Won't Succeed In 4 Years - Cramjones by Kuyo: 6:21pm On Nov 18, 2015
Cramjoke you make a good point

12 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Won't Succeed In 4 Years - Cramjones by DropShot: 6:21pm On Nov 18, 2015
Your opinion which has no relevance with what will actually happen. I will wait for his budget for next year and pass a judgement after a full year of his presidency.
Going by what we have seen so far, I will rate him 6 out of 10. Fingers crossed.

5 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Won't Succeed In 4 Years - Cramjones by adehsenior(m): 6:24pm On Nov 18, 2015
APC e-worriors just like their god father Lier Mohammad must blame GEJ for their woes. APC should stop the blame game and face governance squarely.

73 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Won't Succeed In 4 Years - Cramjones by 175(m): 6:31pm On Nov 18, 2015
Wailers we have a new guy on deck.

Say welcome to Cramjones! gringrin

99 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Won't Succeed In 4 Years - Cramjones by themilanway(m): 6:32pm On Nov 18, 2015
DropShot:

You couldn't have said it any better.

Spot on.

7 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Won't Succeed In 4 Years - Cramjones by CyberWolf: 6:33pm On Nov 18, 2015
grin cheesy And the zoo keeps churning out deranged animals on daily basis grin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Won't Succeed In 4 Years - Cramjones by Trut(m): 6:34pm On Nov 18, 2015
cramjones:
This is a very difficult op-ed to write haven been identified as an ardent supporter of President Mohammadu Buhari, however, I have sat back to study the trends in terms of the raw data that reflects development indicators for Nigeria and have realized that fixing Nigeria is way beyond PMB at this point, for the most part in the first 4 years of this government, expect nothing but a little improvement but for the most part things getting really worse! Here is why.

1. When oil was over $100/bararell for the most part in GEJ's regime, the per capita income was only $2800 (average annual earning per head as a function of total GDP), meaning Nigeria saw more money than it had ever seen in the past 16 years, but most citizens can't point out to any Dubai-like improvement. Most of that money made people like Dasuki and Deziani billionaires and left over 112 million people living in poverty. Today oil price less than half of it, per capita income is down to $2200 with persistent rampant corruption even under Buhari. I doubt that any tangible thing can be done in four years. In fact, the economy is so bad that Buhari can't even balance the budget without driving Nigeria further into debt by asking the Senate to grant him approval to borrow over $10billion.

2. Today our growth rate is 2% as opposed to an annual rate of 7%. A 2% growth rate with no hope of an oil price increase will only lead to more job losses, less capital development, and an even more indebted nation.

3. Naira has fallen from N160 to N225 to a dollar in less than 2 years. To understand the impact of this better, consider the following:

Mr Musa earns N160,000 monthly 2 years ago, an equivalent of $1000 value at that time. If Mr. Musa is still earning N160,000 it simply means the real value of money he has is $711. This is even more real in Nigeria since almost everything is imported, and the USD is the currency used to purchase this goods. It simply means that more naira would have to be used to purchase the dollar....eventually this would lead to the price of many things going up since importers would have to break even. Take a trip to the Lagos ports, they are almost dead, customs have lost over 70% of their revenue in the last year or so, due to an almost docile activity.

4. With ISIS attacking Paris, Boko Haram has been more emboldened to continue its campaign on soft targets. The geo-political climate of Nigeria has given rise to Biafra, and in general a wave of percieved and real instability. This will only drive away investors - leaving Nigeria in a more gloomy economy mess.

5. For the past 6 months, Nigeria has had little or no policy directions. We have only 1.5 years to go, and campaigns for elections will begin. As campaigns draw closer, most of the money that would be needed for capital development woudl be diverted for elections. Agitations in the South East would continue, Boko Haram attacks on soft targets will continue, youths would remain unemployed due to little or no capital flowing into and within the country. I only see doom.

I love APC, but I am afraid, the nation can only see any TRUE change if you only give it at least a decade, the remaining 3.5 years is definitely NOT going to be better. Brace yourselves for the worst before it gets an inch better.

-CramJones

I know that your fellows won't like this grin

18 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Won't Succeed In 4 Years - Cramjones by Nobody: 6:34pm On Nov 18, 2015
smiley
Re: Why Buhari Won't Succeed In 4 Years - Cramjones by Nobody: 6:35pm On Nov 18, 2015
DropShot:

It is not about Buhari, the rot is too messy for Buhari, it is bigger than him. When a wound is rotten (necrosed) you have to debride it. Nigeria is rotten and it is only going to get worse. A man cannot be richer than what he has. Our growth rate is at an all time low. there is little or no money in the country. It is only going to get worse!

-CramJones

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Won't Succeed In 4 Years - Cramjones by Nobody: 6:36pm On Nov 18, 2015
"Bullshit (propaganda) can only get u to the top but it can't keep u there"

12 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Won't Succeed In 4 Years - Cramjones by mulattoclaro(m): 6:39pm On Nov 18, 2015
Cramjones you're a fool and if care is not taken you'll die of high bp. How do you know if PMB is going to fail in fours years time? Why can't you fools give PMB a break? You be winch? Dem born you for witch? Why are you and those in the red zone so obsessed about PMB and his administration? Abi one of Buhari goat chop your yam?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Won't Succeed In 4 Years - Cramjones by Stolen: 6:39pm On Nov 18, 2015
President Buhari! The Daura Dulllard

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Won't Succeed In 4 Years - Cramjones by Omenkata: 6:41pm On Nov 18, 2015
cramjones i want to drink beer

please buy me beer

Thanks

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Won't Succeed In 4 Years - Cramjones by FreeGlobe(f): 6:42pm On Nov 18, 2015
Good Morning....

7 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Won't Succeed In 4 Years - Cramjones by warrior01: 6:43pm On Nov 18, 2015
Oo
cramjones:

-CramJones

God that finally grant you some little sense will surely do it for other APC supporters in Jesus name. Just wanna say thank you for this piece. No need living in denials no more.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Won't Succeed In 4 Years - Cramjones by Nobody: 6:48pm On Nov 18, 2015
mulattoclaro:
Cramjones you're a fool and if care is not taken you'll die of high bp. How do you know if PMB is going to fail in fours years time? Why can't you fools give PMB a break? You be winch? Dem born you for witch? Why are you and those in the red zone so obsessed about PMB and his administration? Abi one of Buhari goat chop your yam?

FFK is only lamenting because he had hoped he would be courted the way GEJ courted him out of fear by making him his media director, but unfortunately for him & his new found p.rostitute - Precious Chikwendu, OYO is their bus-stop.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Won't Succeed In 4 Years - Cramjones by PresidentAde(m): 6:49pm On Nov 18, 2015
Pls I'm looking for my left ear,,,,,,,,,,if yu see it kindly return to the nearest police station.........Thanks

#Nofsaid

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Won't Succeed In 4 Years - Cramjones by PresidentAde(m): 6:50pm On Nov 18, 2015
PresidentAde:
Pls I'm looking for my left ear,,,,,,,,,,if yu help me find it kindly return to the nearest police station........................God bless U.........Thanks

#Nofsaid
Re: Why Buhari Won't Succeed In 4 Years - Cramjones by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:56pm On Nov 18, 2015
APC how market?

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Won't Succeed In 4 Years - Cramjones by abagoro(m): 7:06pm On Nov 18, 2015
DropShot:

Cramjones got it right with regards to economy. Nigeria failed to harness the oil boom to diversify our economy and there is nothing Buhari can do except pray that oil prices appreciate for him to invest in diversification.

However the change I am expecting and which is still possible is reducing corruption. He should focus on anti corruption as that is what 90% of his supporters want.

He should work towards improvement in power sector

3 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Won't Succeed In 4 Years - Cramjones by braimeddy: 7:22pm On Nov 18, 2015
Nice write up. U re really on point. Seriously speaking I thought by now the so called change will take its effect by now, but the country is falling into a doom. I don't know if the president is not seeing what's happening right now in the country yet he paid deaf ears to everything. I thought by now he will address the nation and apologies for everything that has been happening during his tenure, but instead he keep on travelling from one place to another, I just wonder what he's looking for. I really dislike this current govt with passion. They actually have nothing to offer.

17 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Won't Succeed In 4 Years - Cramjones by gists: 7:30pm On Nov 18, 2015
it is only self disillusioned people that expect miracle in 4 yrs.
I have always said it, PMB should focus only of laying the foundation - Reduce corruption and end BH PERIOD.
Nothing can flourish where these two monster reign.
Having said that, I'll also like to wait for next budget to see if this administration can manage to squeeze in more programs in addition to the two aforementioned.

3 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Won't Succeed In 4 Years - Cramjones by baralatie(m): 7:58pm On Nov 18, 2015
cramjones:

It is not about Buhari, the rot is too messy for Buhari, it is bigger than him. When a wound is rotten (necrosed) you have to debride it. Nigeria is rotten and it is only going to get worse. A man cannot be richer than what he has. Our growth rate is at an all time low. there is little or no money in the country. It is only going to get worse!

-CramJones
I differ a little bit on the definition of big!
the problem of the economy has never been "big" but the stance of PMB to the issues of the Nigeria economy is what has made "it" look like it is "big".
it is like someone overlooking a detail in the design of a building structure.when you start building that oversight comes right back at you( with a cost).
it is left for PMB to jump lanes with his chanters and board the team with s mindset of solving economic problems!
if PMB does that He will automatically put the nation back to 8% -10% growth.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Won't Succeed In 4 Years - Cramjones by omolami: 8:01pm On Nov 18, 2015
Buhari and APC did not prepare for governance.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Buhari Won't Succeed In 4 Years - Cramjones by Nobody: 8:11pm On Nov 18, 2015
cramjones:

-CramJones
I like this old troll cheesy cheesy cheesy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why I Failed To Declare My Wife’s Assets -- Saraki / Obasanjo's Letter is Justified, Buhari should not re-contest - Junaid Mohammed / "Akpabio Is A Political Pensioner" - Dino Melaye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.