Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:05 AM

Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year (38450 Views)

NYSC Couple With Their Little Son In NYSC Outfit (Photo) / Teach For Nigeria (TFN) Partners NYSC By Recruiting 60 Graduates During Service / How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by ogaprime(m): 7:27pm On Nov 18, 2015
In My Own Opinion Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In Camp And During Service Year

I served my fatherland from 2104-2015, so I have little or no experience about service year, so this goes out to those yet to serve.
I had in mind to write on this topic before batch B 2015 prospective corp members were called for service year but something happened of recent that “jingered” me to put up this write up. Relationship here I mean, a love relationship between a male and a female and as small as relationship is, it cannot be removed from service year.

In my own opinion, I think all prospective corp members should steer clear off relationship because from what I gathered, most of such relationships end on the day of Passing Out Parade (POP). Why is this so? its because NYSC is the gathering of people from different parts of the country. Majority go back to their “before NYSC” base thereby putting an end to such relationships. I am for friendship and not for relationship.

In my own opinion, if you are in a very serious relationship before going to camp or for service year, I will advise you to stay glue to your relationship, no cheating, no hanky panky. tests of every kind will hit your relationship and it will be for your own good if you constantly assure your partner with a clean and open hands and with unchanging behaviors and attitudes that you are still in a relationship with your partner.

In my own opinion, if you are single before going to camp or for service year, I will advise you to remain single throughout service year but be on the look out for responsible, matured, future focused individuals or person who you think can be a good life partner. If you are unable to see these kind of persons, its of advantage that you will still remain “clean” as possible for your future partner.

These are the following reasons why you should stick to your partner at home or remain single:

++ different backgrounds: prospective corp members come from different backgrounds, religions, tribes ,cultures etc. starting a relationship during service year might lead to nowhere due to difference in backgrounds.

++ different place of primary assignment: this is for those thinking of coming to camp to hook up with new babes or guys. “what camp has joined together, let PPA put asunder ”

++ different pre-nysc location: people come from different parts of Nigeria for service year. I know of some that met during service year and it was “we love each other so much”. Few weeks after POP, “we love each other so much” turned to “to your tent O Israel”

++ no heart breaks or emotional trauma: some people don’t know how to play football but they had the mind set to be like C.Rolando and Ronaldinho during service year breaking hearts, twisting hearts, deceiving hearts. Steer clear and you won’t experience this.

++ savings: using my personal experience, I was( and still is) in a relationship before my service year and I stayed true throughout my service year. If I had gotten into “service year” relationship, I wouldn’t have saved some reasonable amount out of my allawee.

++ respect for being self disciplined: most “service year” couples make use of each other to the core. This is for the ladies because most of them do give out their time, money, energy and body to the “service year” relationship thinking it will lead to the altar. if you discipline and control your self during service year (i.e. no sexual activities), your current or future partner will respect you for being truthful and trustworthy even without much surveillance. Even you yourself will respect and place more value on yourself.

++ lose lose situation: you are in a serious relationship before service year but you decided to get involved in a “service year” relationship. Later on you changed towards your "home based" partner because of your service year partner so as just to “eat your cake and still have it”. After POP, your service year partner goes back to his/her base forgetting about you. Its at that point you remember you have an home based partner. I am sure the home based partner won't continue the relationship with you again. At the end, it’s a lose lose situation.

I hope my 2kobo can make you buy time to think very well on having relationship or not during service year. At least, in my own opinion, steering clear of relationship during service is for your own good.

++in your own opinion, feel free to add yours...

46 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by KnowMore: 7:29pm On Nov 18, 2015
This one is very correct
Different pre-nysc location:
AND grin
“we love each other so much” turned to “to your tent O Israel”

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by sanbells(f): 7:42pm On Nov 18, 2015
I think the guys are more guilty of this. Once they're posted, they start looking for one escape babe for the service year just to satisfy them throughout their stay. The babe in the other hand being foolish and desperate would give their body hoping to be taken to the alter after service only to get heart breaks at the end. Babes be thinking with their anus sumtymz lipsrsealed

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by ogaprime(m): 8:26pm On Nov 18, 2015
sanbells:
I think the guys are more guilty of this. Once they're posted, they start looking for one escape babe for the service year just to satisfy them throughout their stay. The babe in the other hand being foolish and desperate would give their body hoping to be taken to the alter after service only to get heart breaks at the end. Babes be thinking with their anus sumtymz lipsrsealed

Wooow!!! Are you sure you are a lady or you are using a female moniker because most ladies support each other in bad behaviours. its rare to see a lady think differently from the rest.

You have hit the nail on the head but truth be told, males too can fall into such situation. I have read a story of a male coper that had a service year relationship with a female corper. Unknown to him she was engaged and he spent his allawee and every other thing on her. Few months after POP, she got married. So its not only females that get burnt, males too. That's why I didn't write one sided

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by Nobody: 9:16pm On Nov 18, 2015
wow! wish i read dis piece b4 going for service, i actually put my hand inside fire and got burnt. Am getting over it now sha

7 Likes

Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by SlickM(m): 9:37pm On Nov 18, 2015
Nice piece

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by Roks(m): 10:07pm On Nov 18, 2015
Not all true, some persons also find love during the course of their service and they are happily married today an example is my uncle who met his wife @ Ilorin , what you would say is that one has to be very sure the relationship will continue after POP or if they were just friends with benefit throughout the year.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by ogaprime(m): 10:45pm On Nov 18, 2015
Roks:
Not all true, some persons also find love during the course of their service and they are happily married today an example is my uncle who met his wife @ Ilorin , what you would say is that one has to be very sure the relationship will continue after POP or if they were just friends with benefit throughout the year.

You are right...at some point, I said the single ones should be on the look out for responsible people who might become a life partner. I have a friend that also met her husband (just got married) during service year at the same local government and I also have two friends that dated each other throughout the service year but they are no more together few months after POP after they expended all resources.

The truth is the situation with your uncle's type of gain is less than my friends kind of loss

7 Likes

Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by Nobody: 8:11am On Nov 19, 2015
This is cool. I am hoping to remain faithful to my girlfriend of 3years. It may not be easy but I am sure it will be worth it!

cc Lalasticlala

8 Likes

Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by damton(m): 9:35am On Nov 19, 2015
ok
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by Nobody: 9:35am On Nov 19, 2015
Konji has no self discipline...it's above the law and rules.

7 Likes

Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by PLANETMARS(m): 9:35am On Nov 19, 2015
So make I leave this babes wey dey my side and begin shun fresh babes for camp bcus of ur end time opinion?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by lasisi69(f): 9:35am On Nov 19, 2015
End time relationship

13 Likes

Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by Sweetyie(f): 9:36am On Nov 19, 2015
Tell them oh
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by ResponsibleThug(m): 9:36am On Nov 19, 2015
kk
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by Sijo01(f): 9:36am On Nov 19, 2015
Sometime I wonder why some youth cannot stay 3 weeks without entering into a relationship that has no future.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by CertifiedFreak(m): 9:36am On Nov 19, 2015
Ur opinion. Did someone break your heart?
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by missKiffy(f): 9:36am On Nov 19, 2015
I like the fact that you mentioned this is just your opinion, afterall a lot of people met their life partner during NYSC

2 Likes

Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by Sweetyie(f): 9:36am On Nov 19, 2015
lasisi69:
End time relationship
End time lasisi

5 Likes

Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by braine(m): 9:36am On Nov 19, 2015
sanbells:
grin

I don't think any right thinking person would take NYSC relationships seriously. A lot happened during my service year, and I was sure I didnt want to roll them into my real post-service life. Recently met some old flings tho. grin
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by jenyfah(f): 9:37am On Nov 19, 2015
End time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by lasisi69(f): 9:37am On Nov 19, 2015
Sweetyie:

End time lasisi
End time girl

4 Likes

Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by Damfostopper(m): 9:37am On Nov 19, 2015
ENDTIME relationships in camp...if ur gal is going to nysc camp....just knw dat chances r high...she is gonna cheat on u

1 Like

Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by Sasuwa(f): 9:38am On Nov 19, 2015
Jma jm mjm tmtmtm mhm, ok
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by marlockj: 9:39am On Nov 19, 2015
End time rubbish thread.

Is it a mst dat a relationship get crious during nysc.

Who does not know that nysc is for fun not for marriage activities.

If you see a girl dat like you,u should run abi.fooooolish opinion.

Mst you marry the girl?.cant you hv 3girls and still Kip ur main girl.

Op you Dnt hv anything to say.

U Jst finish nysc, ppl finished theirs 8 to 10yrs ago.they had many girls in camp and now married to another girl.so wats wrong with it.

Do you think girls Dnt knw wen to hv fun outside boyfrnd?

Do you think all girls in camp want marriage from any corp member?

girls does not like fun abi.

Distance stop nothing,if you are crious of marriage.

Background stop nothing,Afterall all the girls hv various Background.

Incase you Dnt knw,wen I served I had targeted number of girls I will sleep with before I passed out.that was my own business not others.

Nysc is for fun take it or leav it.

Rubbish post

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by onosprince(m): 9:40am On Nov 19, 2015
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by Jamaticulus(m): 9:40am On Nov 19, 2015
I knw say my ntwrk go push me enta page 1...Smh!
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by xender(m): 9:41am On Nov 19, 2015
Re: Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year by skyfaze(m): 9:42am On Nov 19, 2015
some NYSC relationship will still lead to alter. ..I am a witness

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Corpers Distribute Relief Materials In Oproama, Rivers state (Photos) / "Corper's Finger Cut Off In Katsina" - Twitter User Says (Graphic Pics) / 5 Things To Do After NYSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.