Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,778 members, 7,802,388 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:32 PM

MTN Hit By Another Fine In Uganda - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Hit By Another Fine In Uganda (31373 Views)

MTN Hires Eric Holder To Challenge $3.9b Fine / MTN Nigeria Fine Increased To $3.9 Billion After Regulator Error / NCC Should Get Ready To Slam MTN Nigeria Another Fine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Hit By Another Fine In Uganda by logica(m): 3:07pm On Nov 19, 2015
rman:

What rules?

Go due your investigation and find out what is really going on...in your opinion do u think GLO has a better regulatory compliance than MTN?
Eh ehn, you who knows should fine Glo na...we dey wait.
Re: MTN Hit By Another Fine In Uganda by excel101(m): 3:13pm On Nov 19, 2015
Acidosis:

Story

It doesn't change the fact that NCC, like the typical Nigerian, is greedy. Always wanting to reap sharp money through back-door.

I really don't care about the agreement. The prevalent body language of y'all shows ALL we want is the fall and death of MTN because the firm is headquartered in South Africa.

Firms all over the world face sanctions. Apple, Samsung, Gucci, Absolut, just name it, but we hardly see people celebrating such actions. I mean people that will benefit ZERO naira from the outrageous fine.
you lack wisdom nd common sense. The agreement MTN reached with NCC was if they(MTN) default, they'll pay a fine of US$1000 per SIM. Hear me well, agreement is established wen two or more parties accept to do something in a way dat if a party default, the defaulted party will be fined or punished. The fine has been established b4 now.........
Re: MTN Hit By Another Fine In Uganda by yetunsbay(m): 3:15pm On Nov 19, 2015
Acidosis:

Story

It doesn't change the fact that NCC, like the typical Nigerian, is greedy. Always wanting to reap sharp money through back-door.

I really don't care about the agreement. The prevalent body language of y'all shows ALL we want is the fall and death of MTN because the firm is headquartered in South Africa.

Firms all over the world face sanctions. Apple, Samsung, Gucci, Absolut, just name it, but we hardly see people celebrating such actions. I mean people that will benefit ZERO naira from the outrageous fine.
guy do u knw wots called a law & a concensus. Owk then, u knw d way to NCC HQ
Re: MTN Hit By Another Fine In Uganda by Kingbusssy(m): 3:19pm On Nov 19, 2015
Story story. I never sorry for mtn o. most when I'll transfer money from one sim to another & won't see any money & the money has deducted. what of that??
LAW OF KARMA IS BANGING ON THERE HEAD.
Re: MTN Hit By Another Fine In Uganda by Kingbusssy(m): 3:19pm On Nov 19, 2015
Story story. I never sorry for mtn o. most time when I'll transfer money from one sim to another & won't see any money & the money has been deducted. what of that??
LAW OF KARMA IS BANGING ON THERE HEAD.
Re: MTN Hit By Another Fine In Uganda by Intendy: 3:22pm On Nov 19, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

Did you read the article? Do you understand why they have been fined? Did you understand the nature of the offence? Is it similar to the one for which they received a fine in Nigeria?

Do you know they signed an agreement with NCC, and the fine wasn't arbitrary? Ignorance isn't a crime.
you even try answer mumu
Re: MTN Hit By Another Fine In Uganda by Datsme: 3:28pm On Nov 19, 2015
Acidosis:

This is WHY Business Education must be properly enforced on all Nigerian students.

There is something they call PESTEL, & 5 Porter's forces in Business/Marketing. There is something they call Relational Capital, Employee capital and supplier capital in entrepreneurship.

Do you know the cost of fibres, and other telecommunication materials when sim cards were sold for N30,000?

Do you know the weight of political forces and legal issues alongside the associated costs 10 years ago?

Why aren't you CASTIGATING NOKIA for selling you a PKALASA phone at N40,000 some 8years ago?

Why MTN?

When they tell people like you to attend business and entrepreneurship classes, you wouldn't go, but you'd sit back eyeing the CEO position in SHELL & AGIP. These are issues mere common sense should solve without quoting some complex business models and consumer theories.

I can c u MR AGIP n SHELL CEO. When u r tru with ur school buz advert, let me know. Mind u, remember to pay nairaland for it.
Re: MTN Hit By Another Fine In Uganda by ddjay: 3:46pm On Nov 19, 2015
Acidosis:
Now this fine is ideal and decent.

Unlike the greedy NCC
see mtn contract staff,
Re: MTN Hit By Another Fine In Uganda by Nobody: 3:50pm On Nov 19, 2015
Acidosis:

This is WHY Business Education must be properly enforced on all Nigerian students.

There is something they call PESTEL, & 5 Porter's forces in Business/Marketing. There is something they call Relational Capital, Employee capital and supplier capital in entrepreneurship.

Do you know the cost of fibres, and other telecommunication materials when sim cards were sold for N30,000?

Do you know the weight of political forces and legal issues alongside the associated costs 10 years ago?

Why aren't you CASTIGATING NOKIA for selling you a PKALASA phone at N40,000 some 8years ago?

Why MTN?

When they tell people like you to attend business and entrepreneurship classes, you wouldn't go, but you'd sit back eyeing the CEO position in SHELL & AGIP. These are issues mere common sense should solve without quoting some complex business models and consumer theories.
And it is
1.Political environment: Nigeria political environment has changed especially in the change of government. It is not business as usual as the new government doesn't tolerate nonsense, even though it is surrounded by corrupt men and women whom are claimed to be angels
2.Economic environment - slight rise in inflation, high unemployment rate, fall in G.D.P. So as a businessman, you can increase your price now because you wouldn't sell that much
3.Social cultural environment- religion plays role because there are some product that can't sold or set in certain parts of the country e.g alcholic drinks. So it wouldn't be advisable to sell your product in such region. Further more during days of worship or public holidays, you shouldn't deprive your staff of such benefits e.g Sunday service for Christians , Satursday for Seventh Day Adventist and Friday for muslims. Personally I suggest the government should making working days Mondays to Thursdays from 8a.m to 6p.m while Friday to Sunday as off days. Public holidays like Christmas holidays,sallah holidays e.t.c are taken serious here. So as a employer if you put your worker on duty,you should be ready to compensate them. Nigerians although not all love to show off especially buying the latest things in vogue even if they will have to starve or borrow to possess what they want. E.g the latest phones in vogue, cars, fashion e.t.c. Business men can capitalize on this to sell their product. Thank goodness Iphone 7 might come out soon by mid next year, some persons are already saving up their money to get it.
4.Technology environment- In the next 5 years or so, desktop computers would be completely obsolete like we saw in VHS cassette, now we use DVD in place of that. Thanks to the new technology in place, JAMB now conduct exams via Computer and not pencil, NYSC is now online so no need to visit their school to collect call up letters, mobile money transfer within and outside Nigerian just to mention a few. As a businessman, production of pc at a cheap and affordable price
Ecological factor- well the menance from oil spillage in the niger delta has not being completely removed, erosion and flooding has one form ecological factor in Nigeria
Legal factor- there is strong adherence to the laid down laws now to a large extend probably because of the so called changed government. For example Guinness and MTN Nigeria were fined by NBC and NCC respectively for disobeying laid down rules. As a business man in this new dispensation, try as much as possible to adhere to the laws of the land. The economy is broke so the government need money urgently against 2016. One source of revenue to government is fine . So as a business man ,you should try no to fall a scape goat as what is happening to MTN Nigeria. Thank goodness that Uganda government also fine MTN while our own NCC is negotiating with them.
Re: MTN Hit By Another Fine In Uganda by ddjay: 3:50pm On Nov 19, 2015
Acidosis:

Story

die hard mtn contract staff,u want mtn to walk away because its ''who wants to be a millionaire'' just look at your point "i dont care about the agreement"
Re: MTN Hit By Another Fine In Uganda by Chudyfuto(m): 4:03pm On Nov 19, 2015
Aromas:
The moment you think you're wiser than others.
Always remember the law of karma
GBAGAM,THIS IS FOR THE CUNNY WAYS THEY USE TO DRAIN MY AIRTIME BALANCE.SERVE THEM RIGHT.
Re: MTN Hit By Another Fine In Uganda by Frankicent(m): 4:53pm On Nov 19, 2015
Re: MTN Hit By Another Fine In Uganda by kolexepana: 4:55pm On Nov 19, 2015
The gods are angry with MTN and CHELSEA
Re: MTN Hit By Another Fine In Uganda by Adesiji77: 5:22pm On Nov 19, 2015
MTN...Fines, everywhere you go grin grin grin grin
Re: MTN Hit By Another Fine In Uganda by spiralwedge(m): 6:15pm On Nov 19, 2015
It's time to change my MTN line.. If i no port, i will just be buying N50, sorry N100 recharge cards.
Re: MTN Hit By Another Fine In Uganda by mayorisaac: 6:41pm On Nov 19, 2015
Its a sorry case for MTN
Re: MTN Hit By Another Fine In Uganda by talksankey: 6:56pm On Nov 19, 2015
Billions of naira missing
Our girls missing
Air plane missing
Our soldiers missing
At this rate naija go soon miss
#bringbackoursoldiers
Re: MTN Hit By Another Fine In Uganda by jojoki: 7:35pm On Nov 19, 2015
Na only Mtn waka come, Lolz. The torchlight should be flashed to muiltichoice (Dstv) too. Tnx for Glo network but we need a cable send away Dstv monopoly.
Re: MTN Hit By Another Fine In Uganda by skedy1(m): 8:22pm On Nov 19, 2015
MTN...Everywhere you go!

Now I know!!
Re: MTN Hit By Another Fine In Uganda by LeSudAfricaine: 8:40am On Nov 20, 2015
Acidosis:

Story

Your honesty and intelligence is refreshing
Re: MTN Hit By Another Fine In Uganda by Zeedarh(f): 9:24pm On Nov 21, 2015
iwatchandlisten:

Sorry...
thanks dear
Re: MTN Hit By Another Fine In Uganda by Zeedarh(f): 9:29pm On Nov 21, 2015
iwatchandlisten:

Sorry...
thanks dear
Re: MTN Hit By Another Fine In Uganda by Zeedarh(f): 9:37pm On Nov 21, 2015
MrLouisVanGaal:

Welcome to the world of MTN. They take, take , take and never give. Sorry anyway, next time if you get called like that, walk upto the mc and say this "If you don't compensate me for this, we will meet at the bottom of the sea" grin grin
hahahaha...... I wish i thought about it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Samsung Leads In 5G Smartphones In Q1 2020 / Problem Solved.easy Way To Activate Whatsapp Calling Feature / 5 Simple Mistakes We Make Daily While Communicating On Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.