Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,810 members, 7,798,731 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:29 AM

Celebrating The Mixed Race Heritage - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Celebrating The Mixed Race Heritage (544 Views)

People In Kaduna Celebrating The Return Of Buhari (Photos) / Nigerians Celebrating The End Of Biafran War In 1970 (Throwback Photo) / Celebrating My Mixed Race Heritage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Celebrating The Mixed Race Heritage by mulattoclaro(m): 8:05am On Nov 19, 2015
So many of my fans asked me if it was possible to make a photo album of beautiful mixed race people from around the world, and of course, I was honored to oblige such a request! All cultures, races, ethnicities etc..have incredible beauty that we sometimes ignore, reject, oppress, repress, and suppress due to societal conditioning. I see the BIGGER picture, and know, that we are all special in our variegated rights. This is why I made this mixed race(bi-racial and multi-racial) album as a compilation of beautiful mixed race people whom are often treated like we don't exist. We are often placed in situations where we have to CHOOSE one culture or heritage over another, and I know many of us bi-racial and multi-racial people are TIRED of that nonsense. If you do not accept one aspect of our culture, then you do not accept us as a "whole" person. Many mixed race people have helped to fuse historically polarized groups together in love and peace. I have seen it myself, and have also reaped the benefits of it. Keep in mind, millions of people are mixed race and was raised to believe they are not. Remember, mixing has happen in Europe for centuries with the North Africans and also in various aspects of Africa and America etc.. Just because your family was born in a country does not mean they are pure..mixing happens anywhere in the world REGARDLESS of what country you were born.

Bi-racial and multi-racial people have really helped to change the face of our social, political, and cultural construct. Our success is to the benefit of everyone...(all races, ethnicities, cultures etc) and we can take heed to the following mixed race people whom have opened the doors for all people such as: Barack Obama, Halle Barry, Derek Jeter, Tiger Woods, Dwayne Johnson(The Rock), Alecia Keys, Drake, Mariah Carey, etc.. My people have really paved the way for all mixed race people(especially the younger generation) to model. Approximately 95% of the people in this photo gallery are of African/European descent; however, I included other mixed race combinations as well. I wanted to feature more mixed race people whom reflect my mixed background because often this world focuses on silly divisions/separations of African and European people, but ironically, when these groups come together in holly matrimony...they produce one of the most beautiful children in the world(bi-racial). So, maybe this is a lesson for people to stop fighting, and think about the beauty they create when we come together!!!!!

We owe all of our success and victories to the African, European, Native American, Asian, Latino, Arabic ancestors who made us who we are! We need to stand up and be proud of our mixed roots, and realize they equally share the same basic emotions/needs in life such as: yearning to be loved, validated, accepted and appreciated for who they are and all their contributions to the world. In essence, this album represents unity!

Re: Celebrating The Mixed Race Heritage by mulattoclaro(m): 8:07am On Nov 19, 2015
More pictures

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari dupes The US / Nigerian Army Officials In Contradictory Claims To Cover Up Battle With Boko Har / Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari Dupes The Us-wahington Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.