Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:27 AM

ATBU Student Electrocuted To Death In Bauchi - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ATBU Student Electrocuted To Death In Bauchi (16104 Views)

Female Student Electrocuted At Rivers State University (Photo) / Student Of Jesus College, Otukpo Electrocuted To Death In School Hostel / Unilag Student Electrocuted To Death Yesterday Night (2) (3) (4)

ATBU Student Electrocuted To Death In Bauchi by DONSMITH123(m): 11:47am On Nov 19, 2015
A 25-year-old student of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, ATBU, one Michael Loya, was Wednesday, reportedly electrocuted to death while trying to spread wet clothes on a naked wire in his compound at Gentle Villa, Gwallameji, Bauchi state.

But in a contrary statement, the Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, of the State command, DSP Haruna Mohammed, said Loya was electrocuted while trying to reconnect electricity illegally in his compound.

“Preliminary inquiry revealed that the victim might have been electrocuted while trying to reconnect electricity illegally to his compound,” he said.

Mohammed said the Police patrol team attached to Yelwa Division visited the scene and rushed the victim to the Federal Polytechnic Medical Centre, Bauchi, for treatment.

“Unfortunately, Loya was certified dead on arrival by a medical doctor,” the PPRO added.

“The corpse has however been deposited at ATBU Teaching Hospital mortuary for autopsy,” Mohammed stated.

Cc: lalasticlala

http://dailypost.ng/2015/11/19/atbu-student-electrocuted-to-death-in-bauchi/

Re: ATBU Student Electrocuted To Death In Bauchi by sokoh400(m): 11:49am On Nov 19, 2015
Before we start the blame games, we should all endeavour to realise that most of us are guilty of playing with life wire one time or another. Electricity is so rare in this country that when others have and we don't we feel depressed and we experiment without rational thought. Having said that #RIP Bro. ( in a saner country, you might still be alive).

Dedicate this FTC to my sunshine.
And to Seyi who thought me d
Trick and to all nairalanders.

Re: ATBU Student Electrocuted To Death In Bauchi by OnankpaBa(m): 11:51am On Nov 19, 2015
the victim might have been electrocuted while trying to reconnect electricity illegally to his compound

Illegal connection abi?

anyway, RIP to the boy

Re: ATBU Student Electrocuted To Death In Bauchi by princeogbeide1(m): 11:51am On Nov 19, 2015
That's a high tension wire which emits over 300 volts" I think he was the only one who went there, coz he was shocked to death and no one could help.

Re: ATBU Student Electrocuted To Death In Bauchi by oluwaSmith1(f): 11:53am On Nov 19, 2015
RIP

Re: ATBU Student Electrocuted To Death In Bauchi by DONSMITH123(m): 11:57am On Nov 19, 2015
OnankpaBa:
the victim might have been electrocuted while trying to reconnect electricity illegally to his compound

Illegal connection abi?

anyway, RIP to the boy

Unclad wire in his compound i guess. But yet, he should have use his brain.
Re: ATBU Student Electrocuted To Death In Bauchi by OnankpaBa(m): 11:58am On Nov 19, 2015
DONSMITH123:

Unclad wire in his compound i guess. But yet, he should have use his brain.

lecturer never teach am reach there. lipsrsealed
Re: ATBU Student Electrocuted To Death In Bauchi by neolboy(m): 12:03pm On Nov 19, 2015
Rip to the dead
Re: ATBU Student Electrocuted To Death In Bauchi by SmithEnemona(m): 12:09pm On Nov 19, 2015
RIP
Re: ATBU Student Electrocuted To Death In Bauchi by damton(m): 12:16pm On Nov 19, 2015
rip

Re: ATBU Student Electrocuted To Death In Bauchi by baddyoosha: 12:16pm On Nov 19, 2015
RIP
Re: ATBU Student Electrocuted To Death In Bauchi by PLANETMARS(m): 12:16pm On Nov 19, 2015
Oluwa abeg shine ur light make we no go jam the ones wey dey fly for night! When I first jam MTN I bein dey see chemistry until dem begin theif destiny
#prayforMTN
Re: ATBU Student Electrocuted To Death In Bauchi by confamgist237: 12:17pm On Nov 19, 2015
shocked shocked shocked shocked
cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: ATBU Student Electrocuted To Death In Bauchi by Nobody: 12:17pm On Nov 19, 2015
dick
Re: ATBU Student Electrocuted To Death In Bauchi by oluseyiforjesus(m): 12:18pm On Nov 19, 2015
RIP
But Loya sound like d Name of a milk
Re: ATBU Student Electrocuted To Death In Bauchi by Barezzi(m): 12:20pm On Nov 19, 2015
"Electrocuted to death"

e·lec·tro·cut·ed, e·lec·tro·cut·ing, e·lec·tro·cutes. 1. To kill with electricity: a worker who was electrocuted by a high-tension wire. 2. To execute (a person sentenced to death) by means of electricity.

Re: ATBU Student Electrocuted To Death In Bauchi by Nobody: 12:21pm On Nov 19, 2015
End time....I don't believe this can happened to an Under- graduate. They said illiteracy kills faster than disease....how on earth, would he spread wet cloth or even dry cloth on a Naked (life_wire) electricity wire.....RIP to him.
Re: ATBU Student Electrocuted To Death In Bauchi by dayo23(f): 12:21pm On Nov 19, 2015
Another Boko Haram attack
Re: ATBU Student Electrocuted To Death In Bauchi by OCTAVO: 12:22pm On Nov 19, 2015
RIP to the victim.
Re: ATBU Student Electrocuted To Death In Bauchi by otijah(m): 12:23pm On Nov 19, 2015
He died while trying to assist the Govt
Re: ATBU Student Electrocuted To Death In Bauchi by Pavore9: 12:24pm On Nov 19, 2015
Sad.
Re: ATBU Student Electrocuted To Death In Bauchi by oluseyiforjesus(m): 12:24pm On Nov 19, 2015
cloud9gost:
ok? Jst to book space.
Re: ATBU Student Electrocuted To Death In Bauchi by darimania: 12:25pm On Nov 19, 2015
Sad
Re: ATBU Student Electrocuted To Death In Bauchi by oluseyiforjesus(m): 12:25pm On Nov 19, 2015
ABJDOT:
J
J for JediJedi
Re: ATBU Student Electrocuted To Death In Bauchi by OnankpaBa(m): 12:26pm On Nov 19, 2015
OkeEsibe:
dick

may God have mercy on thee
Re: ATBU Student Electrocuted To Death In Bauchi by ayindepremier: 12:26pm On Nov 19, 2015
I actually know this guy in person, we do play football together in G.R.A.

R.I.P Bulus.

BTW, So, this can quickly reach Nairaland as fast as this?
Re: ATBU Student Electrocuted To Death In Bauchi by OnankpaBa(m): 12:27pm On Nov 19, 2015
ABJDOT:
J

Jalingo
Re: ATBU Student Electrocuted To Death In Bauchi by miqos02(m): 12:30pm On Nov 19, 2015
ooopsss
Re: ATBU Student Electrocuted To Death In Bauchi by menix(m): 12:30pm On Nov 19, 2015
Go electricity no Death...
Improvement in electricity, Death occurs....

End Time Electricity.....

Rip to the deceased..

ASUU Declares 3-day Fasting And Prayer / Oau Post Ume Form Is Out! / Degree Admission Ongoing at Federal College Of Education, Umunze