Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,983 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:28 PM

Senate Summons Arase Over Kidnapping, Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Summons Arase Over Kidnapping, Others (9502 Views)

Dino Melaye: Senate Summons Abu Vc To Appear Today / Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform / UK Writes IGP Arase Over Kashamu’s Extradition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Summons Arase Over Kidnapping, Others by OnankpaBa(m): 4:04pm On Nov 19, 2015
The Senate on Thursday invited the Inspector General of Police, Mr. Solomon Arase, over the increasing cases of kidnapping and hostage taking in the country.

The upper chamber specifically invited the IGP to brief it on plans by police to finding lasting solution to the kidnapping and hostage taking in parts of the country.

This followed the adoption of a motion on “The unfortunate recurrence of kidnapping and hostage taking in Nigeria- a national wake up call.”

Apart from inviting Arase, the Senate condemned kidnapping in its entirety and commiserated with families of those who have lost their loved ones to kidnappers.

The lawmakers urged traditional institutions, religious authorities and all Nigerians to be more vigilant and to participate more actively in the security of the country.

It resolved to make frantic efforts at reviewing the extant laws on kidnapping with a view to imposing stiffer penalties on the crime.

The Senate also resolved to invite the Ministers of Labour and and Productivity and National Planning, National Directorate of Employment and other relevant government agencies to brief it on deliberate and actionable plan of government in reducing the current employment deficit in the country.

The motion by Senator Andy Uba (Anambra South) was unanimously supported by Senators.

Uba in his lead debate noted ‘with displeasure” the seeming prevalence of kidnapping in the country.

http://thenationonlineng.net/senate-summons-igp-over-kidnapping-others/

1 Like

Re: Senate Summons Arase Over Kidnapping, Others by DONSMITH123(m): 4:08pm On Nov 19, 2015
Nice move...

The lady below me sha...continue wailing till thy kingdom come.

More likes if you believed she's a wailer. Metuh's half sister.

SAI BABA

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senate Summons Arase Over Kidnapping, Others by christinie(f): 4:15pm On Nov 19, 2015
GEJ stopped kidnapping but Buhari's body odour has resurrected it again.

Sack Buhari!

Sack Baba!

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senate Summons Arase Over Kidnapping, Others by Tunami(m): 4:22pm On Nov 19, 2015
they should'nt worry, with time buhari's odour will catch of with the kidnappers.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Summons Arase Over Kidnapping, Others by Tunami(m): 4:23pm On Nov 19, 2015
they should'nt worry, with time buhari's body odour will catch of with the kidnappers.

1 Like

Re: Senate Summons Arase Over Kidnapping, Others by ihatebuhari(f): 4:33pm On Nov 19, 2015
Just 2 more years to be a European citizen

God thank u, sometimes I do wonder how people in Nigeria survive?

1=economy problem

2= terrorism

3=religion problem eg isl*m

4=Fulani killing spree game

5=Biafra

6=Hausa/yoruba APC conspiracy

I'm grateful to God I don't live in naija oh

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Summons Arase Over Kidnapping, Others by spellingcheck(m): 4:33pm On Nov 19, 2015
S
Re: Senate Summons Arase Over Kidnapping, Others by allanphash7(m): 4:34pm On Nov 19, 2015
Hate not my anointed
christinie:
GEJ stopped kidnapping but Buhari's body order has resurrected it again.

Sack Buhari!

Sack Baba!
Re: Senate Summons Arase Over Kidnapping, Others by naijapips02: 4:35pm On Nov 19, 2015
I hope they mean by FULANI HERDSMEN?

1 Like

Re: Senate Summons Arase Over Kidnapping, Others by christinie(f): 4:35pm On Nov 19, 2015
Buhari is not competent.

He sacks good people and replaces them with incompetent people from his clan.

He dismissed competent Chief-of-Army-Staff, D.G of customs and D.G of DSS for his fellow dunces.

Sack Buhari!

Sack Baba!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Summons Arase Over Kidnapping, Others by politricks: 4:35pm On Nov 19, 2015
christinie:
Buhari is a pure mumu.
A mumu is your president. Shame on you Albert Einstein christinie.

1 Like

Re: Senate Summons Arase Over Kidnapping, Others by christinie(f): 4:36pm On Nov 19, 2015
Buhari is a pure mumu.
allanphash7:
Hate not my anointed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Summons Arase Over Kidnapping, Others by freemanbubble: 4:36pm On Nov 19, 2015
ok
Re: Senate Summons Arase Over Kidnapping, Others by MathsChic(f): 4:36pm On Nov 19, 2015
Isn't this foolish? How does it solve the problem?
Re: Senate Summons Arase Over Kidnapping, Others by Nobody: 4:37pm On Nov 19, 2015
Re: Senate Summons Arase Over Kidnapping, Others by Novaworld(m): 4:37pm On Nov 19, 2015
christinie:

Sack Buhari!

Sack Baba!

Just passing

Re: Senate Summons Arase Over Kidnapping, Others by alcmene: 4:38pm On Nov 19, 2015
He should also be queried on the assassination attempt on our Ike Oha......

The IG should beam his searchlight on the intolerant APC killer squad undecided

They were actually training snipers during Jonathan era but accused the PDP to divert attention cool
Re: Senate Summons Arase Over Kidnapping, Others by siraj1402(m): 4:39pm On Nov 19, 2015
christinie:

Sack Buhari!

Sack Baba!
This post shows your level of intelligence. So if spoon is missing in the house your father should be asked? Just asking ni oo

1 Like

Re: Senate Summons Arase Over Kidnapping, Others by Nobody: 4:39pm On Nov 19, 2015
what can the olodo IGP do about it?
Re: Senate Summons Arase Over Kidnapping, Others by yyeanqah(m): 4:39pm On Nov 19, 2015
Gbam !
Re: Senate Summons Arase Over Kidnapping, Others by darimania: 4:39pm On Nov 19, 2015
It is becoming embarrassing
Re: Senate Summons Arase Over Kidnapping, Others by krokroYansh(f): 4:39pm On Nov 19, 2015
christinie:

Sack Buhari!

Sack Baba!
Hi flattie !!!!
Re: Senate Summons Arase Over Kidnapping, Others by allanphash7(m): 4:40pm On Nov 19, 2015
What has he done to deserve this to you bro
christinie:
Buhari is a pure mumu.
Re: Senate Summons Arase Over Kidnapping, Others by 20bc(m): 4:41pm On Nov 19, 2015
Yes I think it's high time we start questioning him whether he is capable of handling that office
Re: Senate Summons Arase Over Kidnapping, Others by OnankpaBa(m): 4:42pm On Nov 19, 2015
DONSMITH123:
Nice move...

The lady below me sha...continue wailing till thy kingdom come.

More likes if you believed she's a wailer. Metuh's half sister.

SAI BABA

confirm

Re: Senate Summons Arase Over Kidnapping, Others by politricks: 4:42pm On Nov 19, 2015
christinie:
Shame will first find you and the wicked Duala pig who destroyed Nigeria.

#bringbackoursoldiers.

Sack Buhari!

Sack Baba!
If buhari is a mumu, why dont you contest or are you a dullard too?.
Re: Senate Summons Arase Over Kidnapping, Others by missionmex(m): 4:42pm On Nov 19, 2015
End time senators
End time police
End time nigeria.
Re: Senate Summons Arase Over Kidnapping, Others by Chubhie: 4:42pm On Nov 19, 2015
ihatebuhari:
Just 2 more years to be a European citizen

God thank u, soemtimes how do people in Nigeria survive?

1=economy problem

2= terrorism

3=religion problem eg isl*m

4=Fulani killings spree game

5=Biafra

6=Hausa/yoruba APC conspiracy

I'm grateful to God I don't live in naija oh
I believe nobody in Nigeria deserves to end up in hell by default cos they've served their terms in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Senate Summons Arase Over Kidnapping, Others by christinie(f): 4:42pm On Nov 19, 2015
He's not competent to lead nigeria.
allanphash7:
What has he done to deserve this to you bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Summons Arase Over Kidnapping, Others by Escapevelocity(m): 4:43pm On Nov 19, 2015
when i say jonathan is saint i dnt mean spiritual sainthood i mean political and moral sainthood!....all this summons and sermons re geared to one ''banzalical hood'' -elimination of potential threats by the apc led touts

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nnpc’s Unremitted Funds To Federation Account Are N4.9trn – RMAFC / 2023 Igbo Presidency Is Not Negotiable, Ohanaeze Youths Threaten / 2023: Ex-Niger Delta Militant Generals/Student Body endorses Ibrahim Bello

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.