Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,953 members, 7,803,145 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 10:15 AM

Gtbank PLC And Their Fraudulent Ways - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Gtbank PLC And Their Fraudulent Ways (2412 Views)

First Bank Nig Plc And *894# / 'MMM Is A Fraudulent Scheme' - CBN Warns Nigerians, Calls It "Wonder Bank" / Gtbank Plc’s Q3 Net Profit Rose By 60% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gtbank PLC And Their Fraudulent Ways by MizTyna(f): 5:25pm On Nov 19, 2015
On the 20th of October 2015,I carried out a transaction on a POS with my GTBank naira mastercard,I was charged #14,000 which was my bill. Fastforward to the 26th of the same month,I paid in a cheque only for GTB to charge me again for the #14000 transaction! And this time,twice! I was writing exams then so I couldn't go to the bank,I thought,maybe I'll get the money back without even going to lodge a complaint,after some days of not getting my money,I went back to the bank to complain and put it clearly that GTB is to refund me #28000. And I got emails and textmessages stating that my request is being attended to. To my shock,I got just #14,000 some days after,I waited to see if I'll get the balance,when I didn't I called GTConnect on the 10th of November,I was told to be patient,I still didn't get it. Today I went to the bank but the customer care queue was quite long so I called GTConnect again. And no one seems to know what happened to my money. To say the least,it's inconveniencing not having my money. And this isn't the first time GTB will be deducting money from my account for nothing,the last incident happened in August. Something should be done about it,this is becoming too frequent!

cc: lalasticlala, freiburger, r231
Re: Gtbank PLC And Their Fraudulent Ways by HungerBAD: 5:27pm On Nov 19, 2015
Be patient.

1 Like

Re: Gtbank PLC And Their Fraudulent Ways by benedictnsi(m): 5:31pm On Nov 19, 2015
HungerBAD:
Be patient.
While you transaction is processing gringrin

4 Likes

Re: Gtbank PLC And Their Fraudulent Ways by divinehand2003(m): 5:33pm On Nov 19, 2015
Lol
Patience is a virtue. So be patient. Let patience put your heart at rest.

1 Like

Re: Gtbank PLC And Their Fraudulent Ways by medoyin(m): 5:54pm On Nov 19, 2015
MizTyna:
On the 20th of October 2015,I carried out a transaction on a POS with my GTBank naira mastercard,I was charged #14,000 which was my bill. Fastforward to the 26th of the same month,I paid in a cheque only for GTB to charge me again for the #14000 transaction! And this time,twice! I was writing exams then so I couldn't go to the bank,I thought,maybe I'll get the money back without even going to lodge a complaint,after some days of not getting my money,I went back to the bank to complain and put it clearly that GTB is to refund me #28000. And I got emails and textmessages stating that my request is being attended to. To my shock,I got just #14,000 some days after,I waited to see if I'll get the balance,when I didn't I called GTConnect on the 10th of November,I was told to be patient,I still didn't get it. Today I went to the bank but the customer care queue was quite long so I called GTConnect again. And no one seems to know what happened to my money. To say the least,it's inconveniencing not having my money. And this isn't the first time GTB will be deducting money from my account for nothing,the last incident happened in August. Something should be done about it,this is becoming too frequent!

cc: lalasticlala

Nigerians sha..haba, you know both transactions didn't occur on the same day hence, the need for you to be more patient @ least, the first transaction has been reversed.

You went into the bank, you cannot queue because you are a "big man ". Technology errors cannot be avoided so also human errors.

Make sure you come here when you receive alert..#loyalcustomer

1 Like

Re: Gtbank PLC And Their Fraudulent Ways by MizTyna(f): 6:01pm On Nov 19, 2015
medoyin:

Nigerians sha..haba, you know both transactions didn't occur on the same day hence, the need for you to be more patient @ least, the first transaction has been reversed.

You went into the bank, you cannot queue because you are a "big man ". Technology errors cannot be avoided so also human errors.

Make sure you come here when you receive alert..#loyalcustomer

You people give them the chance to do us anyhow. After getting my money,we all know how hard that is,I should still be begging them to gimme back what they took? Did I even need to go to the bank in a civil society? Can't their system detect the erroneous deduction? I once went there and I wasted over an hour of my time even while I was writing exams. Today's queue no be here,again I'm not feeling good. Do you know how vexing this is? I use my diamondbank debit card,anytime and over 3years nothing like this has happened. If at all I use the ATM and I get debited for money that didn't come out,I get it back immediately. Pls don't tell me to be patient,do you know my financial status? Should this even have happened?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gtbank PLC And Their Fraudulent Ways by medoyin(m): 6:14pm On Nov 19, 2015
MizTyna:

You people give them the chance to do us anyhow. After getting my money,we all know how hard that is,I should still be begging them to gimme back what they took? Did I even need to go to the bank in a civil society? Can't their system detect the erroneous deduction? I once went there and I wasted over an hour of my time even while I was writing exams. Today's queue no be here,again I'm not feeling good. Do you know how vexing this is? I use my diamondbank debit card,anytime and over 3years nothing like this has happened. If at all I use the ATM and I get debited for money that didn't come out,I get it back immediately. Pls don't tell me to be patient,do you know my financial status? Should this even have happened?

It is not about financial status or busy schedule. You have an issue with your bank, the best thing to do is to send en email which I think you did or meet them in the banking hall or fill a form via your gtbank internet banking which I usually do. It takes 5 working days and it works fine for me.

Well, you have gone into the banking hall, the next thing is to fill a form, answer few questions and get a reponse which you didn't do becuase of the long queue and your busy schedule.

Ma'am, we all know gtbank and long queue wahala but we don't have a choice but to be patient. Yes, we should not encourage long wait before issues like this can be resolved but what do we do? Nothing but patience.

Continue to email them, they will respond. Remember, loads of people have the same or similar issue and proper check must be done.

Sorry ma'am#loyalcustomer.!

1 Like

Re: Gtbank PLC And Their Fraudulent Ways by MizTyna(f): 6:16pm On Nov 19, 2015
medoyin:

It is not about financial status or busy schedule. You have an issue with your bank, the best thing to do is to send en email which I think you did or meet them in the banking hall or fill a form via your gtbank internet banking which I usually do. It takes 5 working days and it works fine for me.

Well, you have gone into the banking hall the next thing is to fill a form and answer few questions which you didn't do becuase of the long queue and your busy schedule.

Ma'am, we all know gtbank and long queue wahala but we don't have a choice but to be patient. Yes, we should not encourage long wait before issues like this can be resolved but what do we do? Nothing but patience.

Continue to email them, they will respond. Remember, loads of people have the same or similar issue and proper check must be done.

Sorry ma'am#loyalcustomer.!

I've done everything. I still emailed lastweek with no response,not even an acknowlegment of the mail. I won't come here if I haven't exhausted my options
Re: Gtbank PLC And Their Fraudulent Ways by Adesiji77: 6:32pm On Nov 30, 2015
MizTyna:

I've done everything. I still emailed lastweek with no response,not even an acknowlegment of the mail. I won't come here if I haven't exhausted my options

Which email address did you try?

Send a mail to the following addresses. Let me know if you get response within a reasonable period. Cheers!

complaints@gtbank.com

cardservices@gtbank.com
Re: Gtbank PLC And Their Fraudulent Ways by MizTyna(f): 8:29pm On Nov 30, 2015
Adesiji77:

Which email address did you try?

Send a mail to the following addresses. Let me know if you get response within a reasonable period. Cheers!

complaints@gtbank.com

cardservices@gtbank.com

Done,will let you know how it goes,thank you
Re: Gtbank PLC And Their Fraudulent Ways by mosjames: 4:33pm On Dec 01, 2015
You will have your ATM with you, and they'll still charge you for card maintenance
Just wondering if they have another one with them embarassed
Re: Gtbank PLC And Their Fraudulent Ways by eluquenson(m): 5:11pm On Dec 01, 2015
Gtbank charges is very high compared to some other banks.
Re: Gtbank PLC And Their Fraudulent Ways by snadguy007(m): 5:34pm On Dec 01, 2015
mosjames:
You will have your ATM with you, and they'll still charge you for card maintenance
Just wondering if they have another one with them embarassed
grin grin

Spiritual maintenance

1 Like

Re: Gtbank PLC And Their Fraudulent Ways by Odunharry(m): 5:59pm On Dec 01, 2015
benedictnsi:

While you transaction is processing gringrin
would you like to carry out another transaction?
Re: Gtbank PLC And Their Fraudulent Ways by Adesiji77: 5:05pm On Dec 09, 2015
MizTyna:

Done,will let you know how it goes,thank you

Any word from them? I have sent you a PM
Re: Gtbank PLC And Their Fraudulent Ways by MizTyna(f): 7:39pm On Dec 09, 2015
Adesiji77:

Any word from them? I have sent you a PM

They said I should get it on friday if the acquiring bank accepts the claim. I don't even like the way that sounds. What if they don't accept? Do you work with them?
Re: Gtbank PLC And Their Fraudulent Ways by Adesiji77: 9:55pm On Dec 09, 2015
MizTyna:

They said I should get it on friday if the acquiring bank accepts the claim. I don't even like the way that sounds. What if they don't accept? Do you work with them?

I would rather not say, for now... lipsrsealed

Do a reminder to them tomorrow via the two email addresses and copy gtcare@gtbank.com.

Cheers smiley
Re: Gtbank PLC And Their Fraudulent Ways by Ishilove: 11:16pm On Dec 09, 2015
Adesiji77:

I would rather not say, for now... lipsrsealed

Do a reminder to them tomorrow via the two email addresses and copy gtcare@gtbank.com.

Cheers smiley

Sales rep, Ita Baale Microfinance bank
Re: Gtbank PLC And Their Fraudulent Ways by Adesiji77: 11:37pm On Dec 09, 2015
Ishilove:

Sales rep, Ita Baale Microfinance bank

LOL grin
Re: Gtbank PLC And Their Fraudulent Ways by MizTyna(f): 10:12am On Dec 15, 2015
Got credited last night! Whoop whoop!
Re: Gtbank PLC And Their Fraudulent Ways by Adesiji77: 3:36pm On Jan 08, 2016
MizTyna:
Got credited last night! Whoop whoop!

Congrats! smiley

I just saw this post.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Do You Want To Travel To Canada, Australia, Turkey Or China?? / Let's Meet Here On How To Withdraw From Uae(dubai) Paypal Account in Nigeria / How I Started My Information Marketing With Just N600

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.