Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,989 members, 7,806,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:54 AM

Nigerian Army Denies Losing 105 Officers To Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Army Denies Losing 105 Officers To Boko Haram (1995 Views)

Army Denies Withdrawal Of Soldiers From Abia - EGWU EKE II Commences Tomorrow / Police Deploy More Officers To South-East, S’south; To Stop Kanu From Fleeing / Nigerian Army Denies Losing 105 Officers To Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Army Denies Losing 105 Officers To Boko Haram by kahal29: 6:45pm On Nov 19, 2015
Abuja – Chief of Army staff, Lt. General Tukur Buratai has waved aside reports that about 105 soldiers prosecuting the war against Boko Haram terrorists met their untimely death when they failed to return in a bid to annihilate the terrorists in the North East.

The media had been awashed with news that about 100 Nigerian soldiers were missing after Boko Haram attacks in the epicenter of the battle.

But General Buratai in a telephone conversation with Vanguard said, “It is not true that our soldiers are missing. The soldiers went on a mission for the Nigerian nation and they have since returned and joined their Battalions”.

The confident Chief of Army Staff said that insinuation is a figment of imagination of the authors of the story.
Media reports had indicated that the Army may have lost about 150 of its men to an attack by Boko Haram insurgents in Gudunbali, Borno State.

It was claimed that the terrorists attacked at Gudunbali in Borno State, on Wednesday and as a result the 157 Battalion of the Nigerian Army could not account for at least, 105 soldiers including their commanding officer.
According an online media, the terrorists also captured a T-72 tank as well as several artillery weapons from the unit.

“Gudunbali was attacked this morning and some weapons were captured from the battalion. Two officers and 105 soldiers are still missing”.

The terrorists captured a T-72 tank from the unit and some artillery weapons were also captured. The commanding Officer (CO) of the battalion is yet to be seen but no one has been confirmed dead yet,” the source added.

Another source however said the T-72 tank was recovered after a prolonged fight with Boko Haram insurgents. The gunner and tank commander were injured in the process, he said.

Also reportedly captured by the insurgents were eight vehicles, a truck loaded with 60,000 rounds of AA ammunition and three artillery pieces.

Similarly, soldiers of the Multi-National Joint Task Force (MNJTF) stationed at Baga, Borno State also recently came under attack. The attack occurred in Geringiwa at about four kilometers to the headquarters of MNJTF, PREMIUM TIMES has also been told.
According to a source, the military has been unable to completely clear the insurgents from Baga and nearby towns due to inadequate equipment.

Boko Haram carried out a series of mass killings in Baga between January 3 and January 7, 2015, after the army headquarters there was sacked by the insurgents.
Although the military later liberated the town, soldiers stationed in the area have come under constant attacks from the insurgents.
The attacks on the military came on the heels of the suicide attacks on Yola and Kano respectively.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/nigerian-army-denies-losing-105-officers-to-boko-haram/
Re: Nigerian Army Denies Losing 105 Officers To Boko Haram by moxsella(m): 6:46pm On Nov 19, 2015
really?
Re: Nigerian Army Denies Losing 105 Officers To Boko Haram by tayebest(m): 6:47pm On Nov 19, 2015
Haba! I thought as much also. How will 105 trained soldiers just get 'lost' like that with no where to be found...

It might just wana look like the 'scam' of #BringBackOurGirls but Bubu will never allow that... grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Denies Losing 105 Officers To Boko Haram by Nobody: 6:47pm On Nov 19, 2015
That's what happens when you choose bunch of irresponsible persons as leaders, Instead of working on their failures they find it easier to deny it,, Truth when a dullard rules. #End times government

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army Denies Losing 105 Officers To Boko Haram by unclemendy(m): 6:47pm On Nov 19, 2015
ok we don hear shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigerian Army Denies Losing 105 Officers To Boko Haram by FREEEMANAN(m): 6:48pm On Nov 19, 2015
I talk am...
Re: Nigerian Army Denies Losing 105 Officers To Boko Haram by dakarman(m): 6:49pm On Nov 19, 2015
hembelembe olololoooooo shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigerian Army Denies Losing 105 Officers To Boko Haram by Mogidi: 6:49pm On Nov 19, 2015
Burutai saying this in the comfort of his palatial office in Abuja, I'd believe him when I see him addressing a press conference in Gudunbali, Borno State.
Meanwhile, neighbouring countries are annexing Nigerian villages by the dozen. We were offered Dr Jonathan and illiterate Buhari, some of us chose the illiterate, am sure with hindsight most plebs that voted APC regretted their decision as far back as July.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Denies Losing 105 Officers To Boko Haram by Agwoden(m): 6:49pm On Nov 19, 2015
End time soldiers. Lie lie and cover up mode activated by the snake charming buratanshi. Bring back our soldiers jor.
Re: Nigerian Army Denies Losing 105 Officers To Boko Haram by jerrywool: 6:50pm On Nov 19, 2015
“I want to confirm the incidence at Gudunbali but the details you provided were not correct, and Baga has never been attacked,”" "The unit attacked is within the area of responsibility of the MNJTF and troops are now organising to counter the attack,” .
-----------Col. Usman (Military spokesman) on telephone.

“It is not true that our soldiers are missing. The soldiers went on a mission for the Nigerian nation and they have since returned and joined their Battalions” -----------Buratai

I smell lies. Lets wait for Boko boy's version of the story.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army Denies Losing 105 Officers To Boko Haram by ProcessXpert: 6:52pm On Nov 19, 2015
Lies.
Re: Nigerian Army Denies Losing 105 Officers To Boko Haram by Johnpaul2k2(m): 6:52pm On Nov 19, 2015
grin
Re: Nigerian Army Denies Losing 105 Officers To Boko Haram by Bobbystanley(m): 6:53pm On Nov 19, 2015
Buratanshi

Have you done press up today?

Don't try to cover your incompetence.#BringbackOursoldiers#

You and the petroleum Minister have failed Nigerians and ought to have resigned by now.
Re: Nigerian Army Denies Losing 105 Officers To Boko Haram by benega: 6:53pm On Nov 19, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Nigerian Army Denies Losing 105 Officers To Boko Haram by lordkay10(m): 6:54pm On Nov 19, 2015
This country is f**ked, I don't even know which news to believe anymore
Re: Nigerian Army Denies Losing 105 Officers To Boko Haram by speedyGonzales: 6:54pm On Nov 19, 2015
of course, they would lie about it! well, if they are not missing that will be good! maybe serve us a little embaressment!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Denies Losing 105 Officers To Boko Haram by Brooklynsouth(f): 6:55pm On Nov 19, 2015
Was expecting this while a friend from the army in the north east has confirmed this stop lying why are our leaders preying on our intelligence

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army Denies Losing 105 Officers To Boko Haram by jaykaylegend(m): 6:55pm On Nov 19, 2015
The idiot that first posted that shi*t should be stripped naked in public and flogged...

And the flogging ceremony should be shown live on national tv
Re: Nigerian Army Denies Losing 105 Officers To Boko Haram by Dannyset(m): 6:56pm On Nov 19, 2015
It just beat logical reasoning that a dying Boko Haram sect has the capacity to capture 105 Gallant Soldiers.
It got me thinking as I find it very difficult to believe. I knew it was all lies.
The problem is that we don't even take time to think before we celebrate media droppings.
Re: Nigerian Army Denies Losing 105 Officers To Boko Haram by Aufbauh(m): 6:56pm On Nov 19, 2015
The definition of gullibility is to believe the squashed story that the Nigerian army cannot account for about 105 gallant soldiers after engaging the Boko haram in a fierce battle.
For the record, there's is no country in African continent that Nigerian army can even lost 105 men to in a single battle, not even some world power Countries on the ground artillery talkless of untrained hungry civilian.
When i saw the headline of the fake story i wasn't bothered to read it as my brain is not for cartoon.

Those behind it should try harder next time and learn more to be logical and reasonable because this kind of cheap blackmail or propaganda only reinforced solidarity with our military from people like us than castigation.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Denies Losing 105 Officers To Boko Haram by speedyGonzales: 6:57pm On Nov 19, 2015
jaykaylegend:
The idiot that first posted that shi*t should be stripped naked in public and flogged...

And the flogging ceremony should be shown live on national tv

[size=15pt]
it was on PT, the premuim buhari electioneering campagin site![/size]
Re: Nigerian Army Denies Losing 105 Officers To Boko Haram by adjoviomole(m): 7:05pm On Nov 19, 2015
If true bokoharam will release a video soon. Till den I dnt know who to bliv nw . I pray its a lie dat d soldiers are nt missing
Re: Nigerian Army Denies Losing 105 Officers To Boko Haram by IAMTHEHERO: 7:06pm On Nov 19, 2015
What did you expect him to say before?
Didn't the same Nigeria army first denied about the Chibok girls?
As someone said,it is a matter of days the truth will come out.
Re: Nigerian Army Denies Losing 105 Officers To Boko Haram by Nobody: 7:07pm On Nov 19, 2015
Ok
Re: Nigerian Army Denies Losing 105 Officers To Boko Haram by MrT2011(m): 7:08pm On Nov 19, 2015
This is what you get when u have akpali as your president! undecided mumu*hari
Re: Nigerian Army Denies Losing 105 Officers To Boko Haram by kahal29: 7:12pm On Nov 19, 2015
Lala.... Front page
Re: Nigerian Army Denies Losing 105 Officers To Boko Haram by Udopasa: 7:13pm On Nov 19, 2015
It is not only silly but imbecilic for anybody to believe that 105 trained(even if it's rag tag) Soldiers were kidnapped.
Re: Nigerian Army Denies Losing 105 Officers To Boko Haram by Adminisher: 7:15pm On Nov 19, 2015
Biafran activists won't like this. Some of them had been congratulating themselves about how weak the Nigerian Army was on social media. They also swallowed the news hook line and sinker the same way they swallowed Goodluck Jonathan's bullshit. Any tribe that can swallow Jonathan's be deserve some sympathy but mostly contempt

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Denies Losing 105 Officers To Boko Haram by Sant1m: 7:15pm On Nov 19, 2015
Mogidi:
Burutai saying this in the comfort of his palatial office in Abuja, I'd believe him when I see him addressing a press conference in Gudunbali, Borno State.
Meanwhile, neighbouring countries are annexing Nigerian villages by the dozen. We were offered Dr Jonathan and illiterate Buhari, some of us chose the illiterate, am sure with hindsight most plebs that voted APC regretted their decision as far back as July.
if elections are held today we will still vote PMB, youth online comments nothing to the people on the streets. PDP is not an option. The more pdp hates Pmb the more we love him

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Denies Losing 105 Officers To Boko Haram by macaranta(m): 7:16pm On Nov 19, 2015
Good,I knew it was close to impossible.Hope it's not another usual denial.
Re: Nigerian Army Denies Losing 105 Officers To Boko Haram by Mogidi: 7:17pm On Nov 19, 2015
Sant1m:
if elections are held today we will still vote PMB, youth online comments nothing to the people on the streets. PDP is not an option. The more pdp hates Pmb the more we love him

How come you lot don't scream "Sai Buhari" as before?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Denies Losing 105 Officers To Boko Haram by Chubhie: 7:22pm On Nov 19, 2015
So they are back from the tactical manoeuvre? Bloody liars!! All liars shall rot in hell.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians Wake Up! A Must Read By All Nigerians / See The New Method Youths Used For Free Zakzaky Protest In Bauchi(photos) / From Ibadan But Happening Live In London...pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.