Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,887 members, 7,802,861 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:38 PM

Gani Fawehinmi's Son Slams SW Governors Over Alleged Underperformance - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gani Fawehinmi's Son Slams SW Governors Over Alleged Underperformance (8364 Views)

APC Summons Governors Over Buhari’s Health, Convention / Goodluck Jonathan Meets With PDP Governors Over PDP Crisis / Buhari Set To Meet State Governors Over Unpaid Workers Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gani Fawehinmi's Son Slams SW Governors Over Alleged Underperformance by Otunbalarry: 12:04am On Nov 20, 2015
Olanrewaju Oyedeji

Mohammed Fawehinmi, eldest
son of the late foremost legal
practitioner, Gani Fawehimi,
has lambasted the governors
of Oyo, Ondo and Osun states
over their alleged failure to
develop the states.
He specifically demanded the
impeachment of the governor
of Oyo State, Abiola Ajimobi,
by the state House of
Assembly.
Mr. Fawehinmi stated this on
Thursday while delivering a
lecture at the Obafemi
Awolowo University, Ile-Ife,
Osun State.
The lecture, entitled “Youths
Impact in Free and Fair
Elections,” which was second
in the series, was organized in
honour of the legal
practitioner, who died in
September 2009.
According to him, the three
south west states have
remained at the same level of
decadence because of the
refusal of the governors to
make any meaningful impact
since the governors assumed
office.
“Oyo State is a shadow of
herself from what it used to
be,” Mr. Fawehimi said.
“Everywhere is very bad and
it is something that is
unbecoming, I clamour for
impeachment of Oyo state
Governor Ajimobi”
“Since he is incapable he
should be impeached from the
government. The last few
years in Oyo has been very
bad. I passed through the
place and I was unhappy.”
He also said there had been
no major improvement in the
State of Osun under Governor
Rauf Aregbesola, “except that when I got
to a part of the state I saw a new statue;
everything looks unchanged, nothing so
new or no improvement.”
He also accused Governor Olusegun
Mimiko for alleged “underperformance.”
Mr. Fawehinmi said but for the efforts
made by the students of the university,
his father would have died without
earning the title of Senior Advocate of
Nigeria.
According to him, it was the students of
the institution who awarded the late
lawyer the title “Senior Advocate of the
Masses,” that they now conferred on him
the prestigious title of SAN.”
He said, “My father would have died a
man without the apex title and would
have being robbed of what he deserves if
not for the effort of OAU Students.
“Nobody knows the role OAU students
played; it would have been miserably
painful for my family.”
Mr. Fawehinmi also accused OAU
management of falling below standard
and not paying attention to areas of needs
of the university.
He claimed that the institution had lost its
glory and could not boast of the standards
it was known for.
“I went to the hostels in your school
(OAU) and it is a shame. When I saw the
living conditions of students, it is even
dangerous for your health as students. It
is time to call the attention of the Federal
Government to the sorry state of this
school.”
The President of OAU Students Union,
Omotayo Akande, criticized the
administration of President Muhammadu
Buhari over its plan to pay N5000 to each
unemployed Nigerian youth.
He said, “We have lots of decadence in
the education sector that needs attention
and all the president can think of is
investment of over one trillion naira in
paying young unemployed graduates,
does he mean graduates are worth just
N5000? He is only compounding woes of
Nigerian youths.”

www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/193491-gani-fawehinmis-son-slams-swest-governors-over-alleged-underperformance.html
Re: Gani Fawehinmi's Son Slams SW Governors Over Alleged Underperformance by CACAWA(m): 12:37am On Nov 20, 2015
calm down

1 Like

Re: Gani Fawehinmi's Son Slams SW Governors Over Alleged Underperformance by Nobody: 12:48am On Nov 20, 2015
So Yoruba states are truly in bad shape... Yet they are yabbing my Igbo states just to console their diminishing status....

Lmao...
Odikwa very risky....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gani Fawehinmi's Son Slams SW Governors Over Alleged Underperformance by laurel03(m): 1:01am On Nov 20, 2015
NOBLEDANDY:
So Yoruba states are truly in bad shape... Yet they are yabbing my Igbo states just to console their diminishing status....

Lmao...
Odikwa very risky....

all d states in Nigeria are the same abi u can upload good projects in your state for us to see if you think your governor is performing and I can bet it the project will be roads... All gov in Nigeria are the same

3 Likes

Re: Gani Fawehinmi's Son Slams SW Governors Over Alleged Underperformance by Nobody: 1:06am On Nov 20, 2015
laurel03:
all d states in Nigeria are the same abi u can upload good projects in your state for us to see if you think your governor is performing and I can bet it the project will be roads... All gov in Nigeria are the same

Lies

Yoruba are the poorest and has the poorest state....

Igbo States governors are doing good in their various States except IMO state... So talk true and stop generalizing..

2 Likes

Re: Gani Fawehinmi's Son Slams SW Governors Over Alleged Underperformance by laurel03(m): 1:13am On Nov 20, 2015
NOBLEDANDY:

Lies

Igbo States governors are doing good in their various States except IMO state... So talk true and stop generalizing..
I am not yoruba... Mimiko first term in office be like best gov in Nig but 2term now is flop Visit Ogun state even Oyo state gov tried for first time but the problem with 2term in Nigeria is politician over spend and they will make sure they embezzle everything back.... Compare Abia state in term of project with Imo state.. Aside that you are from which state in east show us your state gov project simple..

2 Likes

Re: Gani Fawehinmi's Son Slams SW Governors Over Alleged Underperformance by baby124: 1:22am On Nov 20, 2015
I agree with everything he said. They have not done well at all.
Re: Gani Fawehinmi's Son Slams SW Governors Over Alleged Underperformance by Nobody: 1:46am On Nov 20, 2015
laurel03:
I am not yoruba... Mimiko first term in office be like best gov in Nig but 2term now is flop Visit Ogun state even Oyo state gov tried for first time but the problem with 2term in Nigeria is politician over spend and they will make sure they embezzle everything back.... Compare Abia state in term of project with Imo state.. Aside that you are from which state in east show us your state gov project simple..

Is a win win
You tell me your state and I will do same
Outside that the SE states are doing far much better than sw states...
Stop using second tenure as an excuse is because you people are suffering and smiling. Using propaganda to cover your loopholes. See where it has taken you to...
The other day was the sustainability index where the lies of you lots were let bare and now this....

Accept it... You sw or yorubers are poor and has the worst managed States in Nigeria after NE.

Too much of everything is bad...
Too much of depending on oil is bad too.
Re: Gani Fawehinmi's Son Slams SW Governors Over Alleged Underperformance by laurel03(m): 1:55am On Nov 20, 2015
NOBLEDANDY:

Is a win win
Stop using second tenure as an excuse is because you people are suffering and smiling. Using propaganda to cover your loopholes. See where it has taken you to...
The other day was the sustainability index where the lies of you lots were let bare and now this....

Accept it... You sw or yorubers are poor and has the worst managed States in Nigeria after NE.

ok I am from Edo but raised is sw and all my relatives live in the north and I grew up in midst of ibo and I speak yoruba and hausa and hear small ibo and also edo language I have been to all the six geo political zone in nigeria... Presently I shuttle Abuja-Oyo-Lagos-Kaduna ... Ok let me defend Oyo state and choose your own state ....
Re: Gani Fawehinmi's Son Slams SW Governors Over Alleged Underperformance by Nobody: 2:36am On Nov 20, 2015
laurel03:
ok I am from Edo but raised is sw and all my relatives live in the north and I grew up in midst of ibo and I speak yoruba and hausa and hear small ibo and also edo language I have been to all the six geo political zone in nigeria... Presently I shuttle Abuja-Oyo-Lagos-Kaduna ... Ok let me defend Oyo state and choose your own state ....
I am from Anambra. And brought up from there...
I will be honoured to defend my state and Igbo's at large....
So you by defending Oyo is defending Yoruba's... Which I welcome.

1 Like

Re: Gani Fawehinmi's Son Slams SW Governors Over Alleged Underperformance by likila: 2:39am On Nov 20, 2015
fashola is the worstest.
name one thing he built in his 8 years?
Re: Gani Fawehinmi's Son Slams SW Governors Over Alleged Underperformance by Eboski(m): 3:01am On Nov 20, 2015
Na them them...... Children of hate don't fight ontop there matter.... Proudly 5%

1 Like

Re: Gani Fawehinmi's Son Slams SW Governors Over Alleged Underperformance by laurel03(m): 6:29am On Nov 20, 2015
NOBLEDANDY:

I am from Anambra. And brought up from there...
I will be honoured to defend my state and Igbo's at large....
So you by defending Oyo is defending Yoruba's... Which I welcome.
Human development or infrastructure development..? Let generalize our argument from every sector of human life..
What do have in Anambra that they don't have in Oyo... In term of govt and private sector? Can you tell me five multinational organization in Anambra...?
Which special project did government of Anambra introduced in Nigeria..?
Aside the Education reforms in Anambra what New again?
Re: Gani Fawehinmi's Son Slams SW Governors Over Alleged Underperformance by Firefire(m): 6:34am On Nov 20, 2015
APC government of failures, what manner of CHANGE do you expect from those who cannot properly manage their individual state resources?

Who will deliver Nigeria ??

1 Like

Re: Gani Fawehinmi's Son Slams SW Governors Over Alleged Underperformance by basilo101: 6:37am On Nov 20, 2015
laurel03:
Human development or infrastructure development..? Let generalize our argument from every sector of human life..
What do have in Anambra that they don't have in Oyo... In term of govt and private sector? Can you tell me five multinational organization in Anambra...?
Lol. Anambra can only compete wit Lagos. Bail out brouhaha comes to mind.

3 Likes

Re: Gani Fawehinmi's Son Slams SW Governors Over Alleged Underperformance by NewNigeriaMind: 6:38am On Nov 20, 2015
NOBLEDANDY:

Lies

Does these states include Abia and benue?
Re: Gani Fawehinmi's Son Slams SW Governors Over Alleged Underperformance by Nobody: 6:45am On Nov 20, 2015
laurel03:

Feed yourself there are both indigenous and multi national...
http://www.businesslist.com.ng/state/anambra

Please I won't continue with this Oyo is no where near to Anambra based on development.

2 Likes

Re: Gani Fawehinmi's Son Slams SW Governors Over Alleged Underperformance by Otunbalarry: 7:49am On Nov 20, 2015
cc:lalasticlala FP na
Re: Gani Fawehinmi's Son Slams SW Governors Over Alleged Underperformance by laurel03(m): 8:06am On Nov 20, 2015
NOBLEDANDY:

Feed yourself there are both indigenous and multi national...
http://www.businesslist.com.ng/state/anambra

Please I won't continue with this Oyo is no where near to Anambra based on development.
just mention what they have in Anambra that they don't have in oyo... Shikena?? Compare awka with Ibadan in term of general development? Is their any organisation that employ 5000 workers in Awka? The business list u stated above are shops owner...
Fani Kayode son that complain about present south west states just telling them to do more... No south west governor that will not do project that people will vote for again... But by now will should stop praising our leaders because they are doing nothing on human developments
Re: Gani Fawehinmi's Son Slams SW Governors Over Alleged Underperformance by Nobody: 8:28am On Nov 20, 2015
laurel03:
just mention what they have in Anambra that they don't have in oyo... Shikena?? Compare awka with Ibadan in term of general development? Is their any organisation that employ 5000 workers in Awka? The business list u stated above are shops owner...
Fani Kayode son that complain about present south west states just telling them to do more... No south west governor that will not do project that people will vote for again... But by now will should stop praising our leaders because they are doing nothing on human developments

Why are you so much interested in companies?
Hope you are not using idea to find out the capacity of our companies in my locality.... Anyways who send you? :DD

How many housing estates do you have in Ibadan?
About 5,000 bla bla bla.. Google juhel pharmaceuticals... A world class pharmaceutical in the very capital city of Awka.... grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gani Fawehinmi's Son Slams SW Governors Over Alleged Underperformance by macof(m): 8:31am On Nov 20, 2015
NOBLEDANDY:

Is a win win

grin grin the same south east that complain of sanitation and road problems on the news? U can lie

Instead of u to hold ur Governors responsible you are shielding them for ethnic resentment

2 Likes

Re: Gani Fawehinmi's Son Slams SW Governors Over Alleged Underperformance by Otunbalarry: 8:37am On Nov 20, 2015
macof:

grin grin the same south east that complain of sanitation and road problems on the news? U can lie

Instead of u to hold ur Governors responsible you are shielding them for ethnic resentment

moderators, you want make I take all of Una to court ni,
se make I go boil stone before this thing will make front page
koda na
Re: Gani Fawehinmi's Son Slams SW Governors Over Alleged Underperformance by Nobody: 8:37am On Nov 20, 2015
macof:

Already work is ongoing in the affected areas...
But I don't get it when Yoruba's live all their lives in propaganda....
No basic amenities nothing nothing yet they make us believe that things are okay with them but when the chips are down....
We only see people who are wailing suffering and smiling to cover up...
What a shame....

3 Likes

Re: Gani Fawehinmi's Son Slams SW Governors Over Alleged Underperformance by Otunbalarry: 8:38am On Nov 20, 2015
moderators, you want make I take all of Una to court ni, se make I go boil stone before this thing will make front page koda na
Re: Gani Fawehinmi's Son Slams SW Governors Over Alleged Underperformance by macof(m): 8:43am On Nov 20, 2015
NOBLEDANDY:

No basic amenities nothing nothing yet they make us believe that things are okay with them but when the chips are down....
What a shame....

Which propaganda? yorubas are known to speak out against their so called "leaders" when they fail
It's you se folks that suffer and smile to give people the impression that you Come from a paradise grin
No wonder most of you cannot spend a year without leaving ur region to seek greener pastures. ..many of your folks are already becoming yorubanised in sw. .so keep coming

3 Likes

Re: Gani Fawehinmi's Son Slams SW Governors Over Alleged Underperformance by Nobody: 8:48am On Nov 20, 2015
macof:

Which propaganda? yorubas are known to speak out against their so called "leaders" when they fail
It's you se folks that suffer and smile to give people the impression that you Come from a paradise grin
No wonder most of you cannot spend a year without leaving ur region to seek greener pastures. ..many of your folks are already becoming yorubanised in sw. .so keep coming

Yorubanised?? Wtf...
Who dare that except a mad man of course....
Meanwhile Lagos is a no mans land...
When mentioning Yoruba land next time restrict it to osun,ogun.ondo,ekiti,Oyo....
Villages with no amenities.... Yucky....

1 Like

Re: Gani Fawehinmi's Son Slams SW Governors Over Alleged Underperformance by macof(m): 8:56am On Nov 20, 2015
NOBLEDANDY:

Yorubanised?? Wtf...
Who dare that except a mad man of course....
Meanwhile Lagos is a no mans land...
When mentioning Yoruba land next time restrict it to osun,ogun.ondo,ekiti,Oyo....
Villages with no amenities.... Yucky....

So is anambra, next time take anambra out of your list of igbo states.
Re: Gani Fawehinmi's Son Slams SW Governors Over Alleged Underperformance by Nobody: 9:05am On Nov 20, 2015
macof:

So is anambra, next time take anambra out of your list of igbo states.

No problem...
There is still Enugu to boast of...
Or should I take it off too?

3 Likes

Re: Gani Fawehinmi's Son Slams SW Governors Over Alleged Underperformance by tonychristopher: 9:09am On Nov 20, 2015
Otunbalarry:
Olanrewaju Oyedeji

Mohammed Fawehinmi, eldest
son of the late foremost legal
practitioner, Gani Fawehimi,
has lambasted the governors
of Oyo, Ondo and Osun states
over their alleged failure to
develop the states.
He specifically demanded the
impeachment of the governor
of Oyo State, Abiola Ajimobi,
by the state House of
Assembly.
Mr. Fawehinmi stated this on
Thursday while delivering a
lecture at the Obafemi
Awolowo University, Ile-Ife,
Osun State.
The lecture, entitled “Youths
Impact in Free and Fair
Elections,” which was second
in the series, was organized in
honour of the legal
practitioner, who died in
September 2009.
According to him, the three
south west states have
remained at the same level of
decadence because of the
refusal of the governors to
make any meaningful impact
since the governors assumed
office.
“Oyo State is a shadow of
herself from what it used to
be,” Mr. Fawehimi said.
“Everywhere is very bad and
it is something that is
unbecoming, I clamour for
impeachment of Oyo state
Governor Ajimobi”
“Since he is incapable he
should be impeached from the
government. The last few
years in Oyo has been very
bad. I passed through the
place and I was unhappy.”
He also said there had been
no major improvement in the
State of Osun under Governor
Rauf Aregbesola, “except that when I got
to a part of the state I saw a new statue;
everything looks unchanged, nothing so
new or no improvement.”
He also accused Governor Olusegun
Mimiko for alleged “underperformance.”
Mr. Fawehinmi said but for the efforts
made by the students of the university,
his father would have died without
earning the title of Senior Advocate of
Nigeria.
According to him, it was the students of
the institution who awarded the late
lawyer the title “Senior Advocate of the
Masses,” that they now conferred on him
the prestigious title of SAN.”
He said, “My father would have died a
man without the apex title and would
have being robbed of what he deserves if
not for the effort of OAU Students.
“Nobody knows the role OAU students
played; it would have been miserably
painful for my family.”
Mr. Fawehinmi also accused OAU
management of falling below standard
and not paying attention to areas of needs
of the university.
He claimed that the institution had lost its
glory and could not boast of the standards
it was known for.
“I went to the hostels in your school
(OAU) and it is a shame. When I saw the
living conditions of students, it is even
dangerous for your health as students. It
is time to call the attention of the Federal
Government to the sorry state of this
school.”
The President of OAU Students Union,
Omotayo Akande, criticized the
administration of President Muhammadu
Buhari over its plan to pay N5000 to each
unemployed Nigerian youth.
He said, “We have lots of decadence in
the education sector that needs attention
and all the president can think of is
investment of over one trillion naira in
paying young unemployed graduates,
does he mean graduates are worth just
N5000? He is only compounding woes of
Nigerian youths.”

www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/193491-gani-fawehinmis-son-slams-swest-governors-over-alleged-underperformance.html

I have a game

Instead of them to tackle this they will call Igbo

Who wants to bet ?

3 Likes

Re: Gani Fawehinmi's Son Slams SW Governors Over Alleged Underperformance by tonychristopher: 9:10am On Nov 20, 2015
NOBLEDANDY:

What a shame....

That is sophistication

2 Likes

Re: Gani Fawehinmi's Son Slams SW Governors Over Alleged Underperformance by Nobody: 9:17am On Nov 20, 2015
tonychristopher:

That is sophistication

Exactly bro....
Haters gonna hate
Re: Gani Fawehinmi's Son Slams SW Governors Over Alleged Underperformance by laurel03(m): 9:34am On Nov 20, 2015
NOBLEDANDY:

Why are you so much interested in companies?
Hope you are not using idea to find out the capacity of our companies in my locality.... Anyways who send you? :DD

How many housing estates do you have in Ibadan?
About 5,000 bla bla bla.. Google juhel pharmaceuticals... A world class pharmaceutical in the very capital city of Awka.... grin
google p&g two plant in ib, British america tobacco, Zartech is the largest poultry in west Africa, coca cola alone hv 2 plant in Ibadan, IITA in Ibadan,NBC,7up, Sumal is the largest biscuit in Nig, Uncountable GRA... At Iyanganku GRA plot of land is almsot 100m, google Fan milk plc, the biggest shoprite in wafrica for Ib, federal govt research institutes uncountable... None of this organisation that does not employ more than 5000.... Aside building in east nothing in dt region.. If eastern part is good your people will stay at home...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Breaking: Mark Zuckerberg Bows To Pressure: Radio Biafra Facebook / ICPC asked to probe ex-Oyo gov Ajimobi / Treat Your People Fairly, Buhari Cautions New Emir Of Zazzau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.