Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,398 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:27 AM

Nigeria Vs Ghana - Who Are The Better Boxers? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Ghana - Who Are The Better Boxers? (1345 Views)

Nigeria Vs Ghana: WAFU Finals 1 - 4 (Full Time) / Nigeria Vs Ghana : AWCON 2016: - 1 - 1 On 23rd November 2016 / Nigeria Vs Ghana : All African Games - (2 - 0) On 9th September 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Vs Ghana - Who Are The Better Boxers? by BlackKenichi(m): 2:24am On Nov 20, 2015
It's no secret that both countries and people that descend from these countries have produced fine boxers. From Azumah Nelson to Ike Ibeabuchi to Ben Tackie to Ola Afolabi to Joseph Agbeko to Ajose Olusegun.

So which country and it's descendants are the best boxers.
Btw I have no stake in this as I'm Jamaican. grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana - Who Are The Better Boxers? by Jiggaman2: 3:18am On Nov 20, 2015
BlackKenichi:
It's no secret that both countries and people that descend from these countries have produced fine boxers. From Azumah Nelson to Ike Ibeabuchi to Ben Tackie to Ola Afolabi to Joseph Agbeko to Ajose Olusegun.

So which country and it's descendants are the best boxers.
Btw I have no stake in this as I'm Jamaican. grin

Is no secret that Ghanaians are better. Ghana usually lead and Nigeria follows but they don't like to admit it
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana - Who Are The Better Boxers? by BlackKenichi(m): 7:22pm On Nov 20, 2015
Jiggaman2:

Is no secret that Ghanaians are better. Ghana usually lead and Nigeria follows but they don't like to admit it
LOL grin grin grin

Here's the thing. Ghanaian boxers at super middleweight and under are great. They are tough, quick, iron-chinned, great defence and fundamentals. However Ghanaian boxers suck at light-heavyweight and above.
Nigerian boxers are lot better at light-heavyweight and above.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana - Who Are The Better Boxers? by SPOPOVICH: 12:30am On Nov 21, 2015
both are pretty mediocre, how many champions have they produced compared to other countries in the world, even in Africa?

mexicans are the best, dont forget the east europeans.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana - Who Are The Better Boxers? by BlackKenichi(m): 4:02am On Nov 21, 2015
SPOPOVICH:
both are pretty mediocre, how many champions have they produced compared to other countries in the world, even in Africa?

mexicans are the best, dont forget the east europeans.
Eastern Europeans are overhyped

Example this vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnPjEe9I8_k

Dmitry Kudryashov came into this fight with all his 18 wins by stoppage (KO, TKO etc) and ws expected to breeze through this opponent. Little did he know that the iron chinned Nigerian had other plans.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana - Who Are The Better Boxers? by SPOPOVICH: 1:18pm On Nov 21, 2015
BlackKenichi:

Eastern Europeans are overhyped

Example this vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnPjEe9I8_k

Dmitry Kudryashov came into this fight with all his 18 wins by stoppage (KO, TKO etc) and ws expected to breeze through this opponent. Little did he know that the iron chinned Nigerian had other plans.

lol, okay, so an east european loosing a fight means they're are overhyped, despite dominating the haevyweight division. Next you'll claim that Germany is overhyped in football if they were to loose against Nigeria.

The guy obviously under estimated him, he's probably KOd tougher looking negroes than him.

Ye. lets forget that "Dmitry Kudryashov came into this fight with all his 18 wins by stoppage (KO, TKO etc)" lol. How many Nigerian or Ghanains (if there are any) have such a superb record.

(1) (Reply)

Download Afrosports TV App That Displays 4 Tv Stations; ESPN, Skysports, Eurospo / A Worthy Farewell To The Arsenal Trio By A Staunch Arsenal Fan / Win Big This Week 04.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.