Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,161 members, 7,780,138 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:08 AM

A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) (33077 Views)

Heat And Mosquitoes: Inside Lagos Neighbourhood Where Residents Hardly Sleep / Massive Fire In Residential Lagos Neighbourhood / People Trapped In A Burning Building In Oluwole, Lagos Island (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by Nobody: 6:49am On Nov 20, 2015
Good morning. I hate being a harbinger of bad news. But I have to report this. This is an eyewitness account.

On my way to work this morning, I saw a huge plume of fire spewing into the air. The fire burning in a neighbourhood that's so compacted with most of the houses being batchers. These house are so close it's even a great discomfort to find a narrow road leading in the neighbourhood.

As I quickened my feet and moved towards it I saw the locals bring in out their belongings in distress and panic mode. I just knew the fire was going to engulf a few more houses;the same fear the locals shared.

I tried calling a friend to warn her about the incident, but she didn't respond. I believe she was also responding to the incident. As someone withas a few years in fire fighting and prevention experience, I knew what to do. I tore a NEPA bill from one of the houses around and called a number on it to ask the responder to cut power supply to the Rumurolu axis. Moments later the power was out.

I breathed a huge sigh of relief when I saw the Fire Service headed the fire scene. Some proactive persons may have made that call. I assisted in creating a space big enough for them to operate, directed them, asked the locals to evacuate the scene and the firemen bravely swung into action.

As at the time of snapping the scene, the fire was about 80% under control. I had to leave for work.

I believe there wrong be any casualty. But a few persons will be rendered homeless in the interim.

Lalasticalala, please do the needful.

55 Likes 6 Shares

Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by madridguy(m): 6:50am On Nov 20, 2015
@ OP, You are our Hero for the day. What a wonderful sacrifice. May God comfort them.

100 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by dialfa: 6:52am On Nov 20, 2015
giant of africa grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by Nobody: 6:53am On Nov 20, 2015
Fire engines in action.

Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by Nobody: 7:02am On Nov 20, 2015
Dearpreye are u the man on blue ?

God bless u for helping em out

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by Nobody: 7:07am On Nov 20, 2015
Euro31:

Many thanks sir. The person in blue wasn't me. I took the shots myself.

2 Likes

Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by 175(m): 7:09am On Nov 20, 2015
Very sad episode! Weldone dearpreye

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by ORACLE1975(m): 7:10am On Nov 20, 2015
God will see u through

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by Nobody: 7:10am On Nov 20, 2015
175:
Very sad episode! Weldone dearpreye

Very sad indeed. My called back and told me her apartment was taken out too. I could only imagine the distress she will be feeling now.

Thanks.
Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by Nobody: 7:13am On Nov 20, 2015
dearpreye:

Many thanks sir. The person in blue wasn't me. I took the shots myself.
ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by 175(m): 7:15am On Nov 20, 2015
dearpreye:

Very sad indeed. My called back and told me her apartment was taken out too. I could only imagine the distress she will be feeling now.

Thanks.

Eyaaaa! Sorry for her loss! What Exactly is the cause of the fire outbreak?

Besides I trust Wike to come to their aid.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by Nobody: 7:22am On Nov 20, 2015
175:

Eyaaaa! Sorry for her loss! What Exactly is the cause of the fire outbreak?

Besides I trust Wike to come to their aid.

I'll see her later in the evening. I couldn't tell what exactly led to the fire but I'm suspecting electrical fault. It's the most prominent cause of domestic fires.
Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by adino(m): 7:25am On Nov 20, 2015
Dearpreye You Is HERO!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by HopeAtHand: 7:26am On Nov 20, 2015
I dint want to sound wicked, but a fire would have ensured better planning of buildings..see how disorganised and unplanned those buildings are....mehn dat place na slum.

1 Like

Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by FreeGlobe(f): 7:28am On Nov 20, 2015
What a sad one, I'm happy the fire service were responsive. Kudos to them and op

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by FreeGlobe(f): 7:30am On Nov 20, 2015
HopeAtHand:
I dint want to sound wicked, but a fire would have ensured better planning of buildings..see how disorganised and unplanned those buildings are....mehn dat place na slum.
lol... This same ph you, Abagworo and SpaceTour were hyping.. lol

6 Likes

Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by Nobody: 7:32am On Nov 20, 2015
FreeGlobe:
What a sad one, I'm happy the fire service were responsive. Kudos to them and op

You needed to see the relief their arrival brought to the people on the scene.. God bless them real good.

1 Like

Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by Nobody: 7:34am On Nov 20, 2015
HopeAtHand:

You only stated the obvious fact. Most of our cities are not adequately planned with such emergencies in mind.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by HopeAtHand: 7:34am On Nov 20, 2015
FreeGlobe:

lol... This same ph you, Abagworo and SpaceTour were hyping.. lol

So this pics of a few dishointed buildings represents PH to you...please go and get sense.

2 Likes

Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by HopeAtHand: 7:37am On Nov 20, 2015
dearpreye:

You only stated the obvious fact. Most of our cities are not adequately planned with such emergencies in mind.

I learnt something from you today..never knew that PHEDC bill was of any relevance other than preventing them from cutting off power..

I dnt pray for fire, but the knowledge u shared will come in handy whenever the need arises.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by Nobody: 7:46am On Nov 20, 2015
HopeAtHand:

I learnt something from you today..never knew that PHEDC bill was of any relevance other than preventing them from cutting off power..

I dnt pray for fire, but the knowledge u shared will come in handy whenever the need arises.

No sensible person prays for any emergency let alone fire but these incidents happen whenever the control measures are inadequate.

As a former fireman, I've trained my household on how to disconnect the home in case of a domestic fire, have fire prevention diagrams carefully placed in my house, have a potable for extinguisher. No taking of any chances.

Yes. The NEPA bill can serve other purposes. LOL!

Learning stops at the grave.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by looseweight: 7:48am On Nov 20, 2015
Hope no life was lost

you care to remove your tummy fat, click my signature for more info

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by chipzidar(f): 7:48am On Nov 20, 2015
Na so ph dey? E urg ooo grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by Newshint: 7:48am On Nov 20, 2015
hmmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by PLANETMARS(m): 7:48am On Nov 20, 2015
I blame Biafra for the end time fire
Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by Richie0974: 7:48am On Nov 20, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by Newshint: 7:49am On Nov 20, 2015
nice one..
Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by VickyRotex(f): 7:49am On Nov 20, 2015
Awwwww.

That's sad.

Nice one Preye.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by efilefun(m): 7:49am On Nov 20, 2015
lol you wicked oooo
Euro31:

Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by Segadem(m): 7:50am On Nov 20, 2015
good
Re: A Port Harcourt Neighbourhood Burning This Morning( Pictures) by Aitee1: 7:50am On Nov 20, 2015
shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Different Ways You Could Be Ripped Off In Building / Whats D Minimum Cost Of Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex On Half Plot In Iyanaipaja / Desmond Flats At Ogombo By Nexthome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.