Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:24 PM

Some Funny Trends Peculiar To Nigerian Politics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Some Funny Trends Peculiar To Nigerian Politics (1078 Views)

Igbo Would Have Been President If They Understood Nigerian Politics – Igbokwe / 9 Popular Vocabularies In Nigerian Politics Since Buhari Became President / Diezani Funny Memes Trends On Twitter - See How Nigerians React (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Funny Trends Peculiar To Nigerian Politics by oluamid(m): 11:22am On Nov 20, 2015
I call this bang on! Haha grin.

So I decided to do this going by the funny and silly trend(s) in Nigerian politics of late. Politics in Nigeria is one very funny subject as every Nigerian has an interesting view about the current events happening in the country.

But despite our divergent views, one thing is certain; Nigerians are tired of being oppressed and trampled on by the political class. If I am saying your minds just signify…

Obviously everyone concurs…

This means that there are several other things that we as Nigerians agree on, that the political class do just to belittle us and you begin to wonder who really is the “public servant!!!”

Infact, I think at this juncture, I would also love to be a “public servant…” you nko?

Anyways, lets have some fun talking about some of these political trends in Nigeria jareeee…

1. It is only in Nigeria that being a politician is a job or a career!

They initially start out as special assistants or something of that sort and then somehow become LG chairmen or house of reps members maybe for 8years and then become maybe a Governor’s chief of staff or aide sha. And from then on, the rise is steady… 8 years governor, 2 terms (8yrs) Senator or Minister, Senate President until if possible they become President lol…

After you spend 8 years as a Senator or HOR member, “representing yourself and your family the people of your constituency,” you still seek to be a Senate president, Minister or even President of the Federal republic of Nigeria. Na only you fit represent people?

[img]http://s2.thejournal.ie/media/2012/12/obama-syria-390x285.jpg[/img]

Let other people too represent you and your family nowwww, haba!

2. It is when public officials are accused of being involved in corrupt practices that they suddenly become ill and MUST travel abroad for treatment in order to be well again.

We currently have 3 cases on our hands now, mentioning them will be a waste of time and energy, so no need. Lol… The funny part is, the sicknesses they usually claim to have are the really deadly ones like cancer, kidney failure, heart problems etc.

But I will proffer a solution and give the Federal Government free consultation on this one!

First is, I think we should have a state-of-the-art medical facility in the EFCC and ICPC buildings.

Number 2: The hospitals should have some of the best Nigerian doctors and some foreign ones there too, since they cannot be well until they see oyinbo doctor like this one…

Number 3: But… the oyinbo doctors that should be in the hospitals are the Lebanese ones and our Albino doctors here in Nigeria, afterall oyinbo na oyinbo! Or better still; Doctors from Pakistan, Afghanistan, Syria and Iraq… Mtcheww yeye people…

3. Juicy committee no juicy committee or juicy ministry no juicy ministry.

Like seriously? We say this kind of thing? The sad thing is both the political class and citizenry are guilty of this one.

So you intend that monies should be stolen and funds misappropriated…? Because that is the only thing I can decipher from such statement! It is really absurd so say the least.

4. Constant defection.

The Nigerian political parties must have an official transfer window (period when they can move from one party to another) like we have for footballers, because they way these people just defect especially between APC and PDP is annoying. It just leaves you like… Alaba you too… bhet why

The transfer window should be open immediately after an election and closed 1 year and 6 months before the next election so you will have to think well before jumping upandan!

Abi from what time to what time do you guys think the time frame for the political transfer window in Nigeria should be…

Source:http://thesheet.ng/some-funny-trends-peculiar-to-nigerian-politics/

Re: Some Funny Trends Peculiar To Nigerian Politics by northvietnam(m): 11:25am On Nov 20, 2015
k
Re: Some Funny Trends Peculiar To Nigerian Politics by AceRoyal: 11:28am On Nov 20, 2015
E too long ooo,
nice observations,U try nor be small.
One bottle of orijin for the OP
Re: Some Funny Trends Peculiar To Nigerian Politics by oluamid(m): 11:30am On Nov 20, 2015
AceRoyal:
E too long ooo

Lol. e no long na, check again.
Re: Some Funny Trends Peculiar To Nigerian Politics by McCarlito(m): 11:43am On Nov 20, 2015
Re: Some Funny Trends Peculiar To Nigerian Politics by jaymejate: 11:52am On Nov 20, 2015
It's an interesting article. I tell you.... There is God o
Re: Some Funny Trends Peculiar To Nigerian Politics by Djicemob: 12:06pm On Nov 20, 2015
Its only in nigeria you support these politicians and manufacture excuses for them even in the face of extreme hardship.
Re: Some Funny Trends Peculiar To Nigerian Politics by Nobody: 12:22pm On Nov 20, 2015
Lolz @ political transfer window

(1) (Reply)

Senator Ben Bruce Reacts 2 Plan By Governors 2 Reduce N18,000 Minimum Wage(Pics / EXCLUSIVE! EFCC Storms Asaba To Arrest Tompolo / N240 Mln Allegation: “yes! We Ate The Money. What Will They Do” – PDP Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.