Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,910 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:03 AM

How Has A Vin Check Helped You Before Purchase? Share Your Experience(s) Here. - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / How Has A Vin Check Helped You Before Purchase? Share Your Experience(s) Here. (702 Views)

Understanding A VIN Report: A Detailed Explanation / How Has "Vin Check" Helped You? / Pls Help Me With This Vin Check (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Has A Vin Check Helped You Before Purchase? Share Your Experience(s) Here. by promise72(m): 11:03pm On May 21, 2009
Since the introduction of free VIN checks on this forum, I will like to know if it has really helped anyone out there in averting the purchase of a potentially problematic/questionable vehicle(s).

PLEASE DO NO MENTION ANY DEALER(S) BY NAME OR THE PLACE WHERE YOU INTEND TO PURCHASE THE VEHICLE!

We just want to learn from individual experience(s).

Also, lets know how it has helped you in going forward with your purchase.
Re: How Has A Vin Check Helped You Before Purchase? Share Your Experience(s) Here. by Nezan(m): 6:04pm On May 27, 2009
in my case, i bought my vehicle before i joined N.L. i was wondering the state of the vehicle until i got the VIN report for it. i even got to read the comments of the previous owner of the vehicle on carfax, that greatly educated me on the history as well as the general condition of the car before my purchase.
Re: How Has A Vin Check Helped You Before Purchase? Share Your Experience(s) Here. by Latunde(m): 5:39pm On Jun 02, 2009
The VIN check is key to purchasing any car, especially on cars starting from the year 2000 and above. I got a car with a millage of 9,333 - a car of almost 4 years. Dont you think that seems impossible? My question was: did the owner packed the car or din't use it too ofen? How come the millage was very low - a 4year old car?

So i asked for a VIN check. Alas! The millage was 90, 333, which was still fair enough! So it was changed not in naija but in america. I printed out all the info including the carfax details. I showed it to the dealer who had argued with me that the millage was not touched. Guess what happened?

First, he reduced the price by 200k. Because the lower the millage, the higher the price. Secondly, he is now registered on nairaland checking the VIN of his cars b4 he brings them to nigeria.

This car i got from him was very clean, serviced 5 times in illinios, no accident reported and was a single owner vehicle.
Re: How Has A Vin Check Helped You Before Purchase? Share Your Experience(s) Here. by ugonna245(m): 6:28pm On Jun 02, 2009
This post is gone.

(1) (Reply)

Mazda 626 For Sale At Good Price! / Wanted: Hilux For Long Term Lease In Abuja / Brand New 2009 Kia Optima,cerato,sorento Etc. Available Sam:07029322472

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.