Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,379 members, 7,808,349 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:43 AM

How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? (21157 Views)

"Evil Owl Sent To Attack My Parents Killed After Midnight Prayer" - Lady / How We Can Reconcile and Restore Our Lost Relationship with God / My Parents Are Treating Me Bad Because I'm An Atheist- Anonym0us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by pedrilo: 3:54pm On Nov 21, 2015
rheether:
What if a catholic husband comes for your hand in marriage?
she will rebel
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by Ganjafama(m): 3:55pm On Nov 21, 2015
Highcuerayte:
Satan was responsible for the oppression of Isrealite in Egypt, a way of stopping fulfilment of God promises but unknown to him he was fulfillinr it.
Satan has really suffered, kai! If person shiit na Satan cause am. If a man rape.s a woman he'll blame satan.
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by tommysparks: 3:57pm On Nov 21, 2015
quincybee12:
I'm not being religious,,,i care for my eternity,,i want to please GOD,,,
if you want to please God then leave your parents alone and continue your church. But don't forget that you have to honour your father and mother as you fall under the sword of christ which comes not for peace but to set daughter against mother, son against father, daughter inlaw against mother inlaw

1 Like

Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by killsmith(f): 3:59pm On Nov 21, 2015
quincybee12:
eternity??!!.....chai!!...africans!!...
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by kessiah: 4:09pm On Nov 21, 2015
StPete:
Rather than throw ur modified faith into the faces of your parents, why didn't you practice your new faith in your privacy and then do their thing when you visit them. Afterall, all Christians are one and the same no matter the denomination. There are quite a lot I hav to say about ur change of faith but that would be for another day.
I strongly disagree with that, Practice your faith to the fullest, your eternity matters a lot, remain your stance, if that is what it will cost you to make it to HEAVEN, pay the price, but try to let them know that they are the one rejecting you for what they have no Right over

1 Like

Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by akaahs(m): 4:14pm On Nov 21, 2015
D ops is confused, its ur way of life that 'll give u eternity not d church u attent and ur way of life proportional to ur relationship between God and man.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by CharlieMaria(m): 4:15pm On Nov 21, 2015
quincybee12:
I was born into a catholic family. My parents especially my mom is a die-hard catholic. I did all the catholic sacraments, baptism, confirmation, holy eucharist, except matrimony which would come by God's grace. I was known in my parish for being a devout member of some societies.

Fast forward to this day, I'm no more a catholic, I attend bible believing churches like faith baptist/rccg. This is because upon completion of my university education, I was inspired by the Holy spirit to know the truth, I couldn't prove so many catholic beliefs in the bible, and I care a lot about my eternity. It caused a lot of dispute between I and my parents and even up till today, they've stopped calling me or asking about my welfare. All efforts to convince them beyond reasonable doubt have proved abortive. Pls I need your advice nlanders coz I need to reconcile with my family.
God could be speaking to you through your parents. No matter hw much of the bible you know ur parents have seen the world mre than you and they will not mislead you. Their actions show that they care about your soul even more than you care about it. Please i join my voice with theirs. RETURN TO THE CATHOLIC FAITH AND TO YOUR FAMILY ON YOUR KNEES. Get the Book Rebuild Your Catholic Faith and read and clear your doubts with biblical proof on controversial catholic doctrines.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by limamintruth: 4:22pm On Nov 21, 2015
quincybee12:
I was born into a catholic family. My parents especially my mom is a die-hard catholic. I did all the catholic sacraments, baptism, confirmation, holy eucharist, except matrimony which would come by God's grace. I was known in my parish for being a devout member of some societies.

Fast forward to this day, I'm no more a catholic, I attend bible believing churches like faith baptist/rccg. This is because upon completion of my university education, I was inspired by the Holy spirit to know the truth, I couldn't prove so many catholic beliefs in the bible, and I care a lot about my eternity. It caused a lot of dispute between I and my parents and even up till today, they've stopped calling me or asking about my welfare. All efforts to convince them beyond reasonable doubt have proved abortive. Pls I need your advice nlanders coz I need to reconcile with my family.

I'd advise you obey your parent's words by returning to catholicism (especially when you are home with them), until you become fully financially independent from them pls.

Cos no need for any unnecessary rancour my sister. smiley

1 Like

Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by barcaboi(m): 4:27pm On Nov 21, 2015
it is ur personal conviction. Holy spirit lives in u and not some church. Even Jesus attended synagogue back in the day....I love Catholic and tho I was not born as one; I go there often.....go through the hymns in all other churches and you'd see an element of Catholic in most....Is it prayer of St. Francis, Make me an instrument of ur peace and many more....tho I don't believe in some aspects but u re allowed to be liberal......Catholic is very complete and I keep defending it hands down....Hail Mary can be found in the bible; the importance of the virgin woman is also in revelations. ....many more....it is ur choice....Be at peace wt ursef and God; but don't use a four corners of a church wall as excuse....We are d church

6 Likes

Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by barcaboi(m): 4:28pm On Nov 21, 2015
Earthkumy:
U have to pray for divine peace in their heart and also u have to constantly reach out for them, show them the divine love which Jesus teaches, no matter how hard they seems, don't give up on them and never u stop reaching out to them. May the Lord bless your efforts in Jesus name Amen.
are they worshipping idol that she shd not give up on them?.....Visit a Catholic church and watch how a mass is conducted b4 judging them.....

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by Momcherry(f): 4:30pm On Nov 21, 2015
bastien:
Hmmmmmm

Catholic? World devilish church, covering under the name of the almighty and creator.

It seems ur parents love their church more than they love you, they can easily forget u because of Catholic. Just move on, the Holy Spirit go touch them someday somehow. Cheers

I pity u
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by JohnBloggs: 4:30pm On Nov 21, 2015
End time parents
. End time care about my eternity
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by cooluc(f): 4:31pm On Nov 21, 2015
Well try and reach out to your parents they are YOUR parents...interact and be yourself around them let your lifestyle showcase your new found beleive and don't try and talk them into anything for now, leave that to God and politely present your case, it mustn't be a "WAR" between you and them remember the bible says you should honour them...pray about it...Goodluck.
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Nov 21, 2015
quincybee12:
ill pray and convince him to attend a bible believing church,,,im not saying the church I attend is the best,,, but if he can switch to a bible believing church even if it's not d one I attend,,well get married,,,on d oda hand,,if he refuses,,,well part ways,,i can't marry a catholic

You really are a kid, now watch Catholics come running your way.
With this your spirikoko mindset, I hope you're not having sex behind the curtains.
Continue, if you no reach 35, then you lucky.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by barcaboi(m): 4:35pm On Nov 21, 2015
quincybee12:
religion was meant to bring us together but its tearing you apart.....Go meet them; put religion aside....Form a cordial relationship with them 1st b4 u tnk abt religion. ..they'll accept you irrespective of the church......we were all born into a religion and hardly will you see people changing at will so irrespective of what you term holy spirit; what u believe in is d key.....I learnt all abt Christ in a Catholic sch and I can tell u I grew up mentally there.....These bible speaking churches wake up and create doctrines that u wonder who taught them; Jehovah Witnesses, Deeper life, RCCG, Synagogue, Christ Embassy and orthodox churches amongst others. ......Be at peace wt ursef irrespective of your decision. ..don't juat castigate what u don't know truly and I'm not even a Catholic. .....at lst not yet......
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by barcaboi(m): 4:36pm On Nov 21, 2015
quincybee12:
ill pray and convince him to attend a bible believing church,,,im not saying the church I attend is the best,,,but if he can switch to a bible believing church even if it's not d one I attend,,well get married,,,on d oda hand,,if he refuses,,,well part ways,,i can't marry a catholic
so they don't believe in the bible in a Catholic Church?....hearing dat for d 1st time
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Nov 21, 2015
See your life op, you want them to leave their own religion for you. They also care about their eternity. anything that will distract them. They cut it off. Even if your hand makes u sin, cut it off. That is the word of Jesus Christ

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by barcaboi(m): 4:42pm On Nov 21, 2015
SlimBrawnie:
The day you start questioning what is already written,then check yourself.
The bible says you should honour them as long as you are under their care, same way a woman is to submit to her husband(even if he prohibits her from going to church whenever he is around).
Debut. 5:6
Ephesians 6:2
Honour your parent;the first commandment with a promise,meaning respect them in words and actions.
I am a committed Pentecostal,if I decide to get married to a catholic and my parent refuses,I will try convincing them but if that fails, walahi I will let go of that relationship.
Catholic or not,the most important thing is having this very personal fatherly relationship with God. every other thing is secondary.
My Opinion though.
please can I marry you....u really made lot of sense......I wonder why people that claim 2 know the bible end up breaking the very same bible......Don't judge was there yet 'bible believing' church is bn thrown around. ...went to a Catholic school and I grew up reading that same bible....I wonder who started spreading the falsehood
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by ministerblessed: 4:49pm On Nov 21, 2015
@op, I want u to take a minute and put urself in ur parents shoes...... After training ur child in ur bible believing church and den d child decides dt d church will not make him/her gain eternity and decides to change church. What will u do?

I think u sud try and understand ur parents nd pray for dem. Until we Christians realise dt we are all one in d Lord...... only den can we win d war against d world.
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by RICKYMARIO(m): 4:57pm On Nov 21, 2015
quincybee12:
Does that mean catholics do not care for their eternity.?
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by malvisguy212: 4:58pm On Nov 21, 2015
gbolarious1:
thanz for dat. Some of us are just following what we don't understand, all inda name of bible beiliving. Pls let's b right in our decision.
what are you saying? Do you think I interpret what I don't understand? I type the word "alright" because I don't want to indulge in unfruitful arguments.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by malvisguy212: 5:03pm On Nov 21, 2015
Snipes009:
Calling God, Father is blasphemous to God. Since Father means Daddy, people that calls their pastors "daddy" are calling them God too Smh for you oooo

are you a muslims ? you still have a lot to learn concerning Christianity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by RICKYMARIO(m): 5:04pm On Nov 21, 2015
CharlieMaria:
God could be speaking to you through your parents. No matter hw much of the bible you know ur parents have seen the world mre than you and they will not mislead you. Their actions show that they care about your soul even more than you care about it. Please i join my voice with theirs. RETURN TO THE CATHOLIC FAITH AND TO YOUR FAMILY ON YOUR KNEES. Get the Book Rebuild Your Catholic Faith and read and clear your doubts with biblical proof on controversial catholic doctrines.
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by stuff46(m): 5:18pm On Nov 21, 2015
You let your parents down by choosing to drop what they entrusted on you. It was just your lack of zeal to Catholic beliefs that led you astray.

To best bet to get your parents back to you is to simply forfeiting your new found belief and moving back to your old self since you aren't dating a non-catholic guy that would have taken you outta the quetion of marriage.

Talking to them to understand you isn't an option, Catholic parents are hard to convince on this kind of issues.
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by uruoneluv(f): 5:20pm On Nov 21, 2015
My dear salvation is a personal race do as ur heart pleases u.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Nov 21, 2015
you should not have told them you were no longer a catholic
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by baby124: 5:35pm On Nov 21, 2015
From frying pan to fire. Your eye will soon clear. I hope you don't have mental problems. This your obsession with after life.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by Man90(m): 5:35pm On Nov 21, 2015
PLS go ahead with ur faith,heaven is an individual race.
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by emeeco(m): 5:38pm On Nov 21, 2015
quincybee12:
ill pray and convince him to attend a bible believing church,,,im not saying the church I attend is the best,,,but if he can switch to a bible believing church even if it's not d one I attend,,well get married,,,on d oda hand,,if he refuses,,,well part ways,,i can't marry a catholic
The Catholic church selected some bunch of texts that matches a particular doctrine, and merged them together. voila! You have the bible. Many years later, someone here is claiming that there exists a better interpretation to the one the creators of the book gave.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by Charly68: 5:54pm On Nov 21, 2015
This must have been the scenario Jesus was talking about in his days- read it yourself & discover that you have not broken any rule...as times go on they will come to your time - Matthew 10:34-40 (KJV)
34Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. 35For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. 36And a man's foes shall be they of his own household. 37He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 38And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me. 39He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by uboma(m): 6:10pm On Nov 21, 2015
dejol88:
I wish i can help you but sorry i cant.You think you doing all you put here make you know about the catholic faith?You claim you attend a bible believing church ,but you do not know the bible you carry today was made possible by same catholic.You life ,your choice .

Please enough of these lies you and your cohorts keep saying.

The Bible is not a product of the Catholic Church.

The Bible is God's word/instruction to mankind and God alone made it possible for almost everyone on earth today to have the copy of the Bible in his/her language.

I won't give the credit to Catholic Church.
Re: How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? by password88(m): 6:14pm On Nov 21, 2015
My dear I was in thesame situation years back. If truly u believe in ur new faith and that u are not being misled by our today's denominationalism. Prove ur faith by confronting them with bible portions.... Here isn't the right place to xplain into details what I wnt u to knw concerning our faith, and earthly religion.
In my own case after I was rejectd by my family members because of my new faith I went back to the house with bible truth anD today not only that I was acceptd but I became the source of their conversion . Like I said earlIer its all depends on u and the type of faith u think u are having now.
If really u need help contact me through my mail: Darlingtonjudeberry@gmail.com maybe I can be of help to u because l have been in thesame situation before and now instead of being rejectd by my family members God used me to open my family members' eyes

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Is Hell Real? What The Bible Says About Hell / Jonah & the Great Fish: Real or Allegory / Parable? / "Everything About President Buhari Is Deceptive And Selective" - CAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.